As of January 2012, links to Google Images (or those from any other search engine), Tumblr, and weheart it are forbidden. If you include them, you will be asked to replace them with other images.
For a quick and easy place to find images, try our new TDA Resources, which includes images contributed by our artists.
Harry Potter Images
Far Far Away
Harry Potter's Page
Harry Potter Trio
High Quality Movie Screencaps
Leaky Cauldron Galleries
If you type the celebrity's name + gallery into a search engine, you will come across at least one good gallery.
Celebrity & Model Galleries
Sweet and Talented
The Fashion Spot (always check original source for potential copyright)
Film & Television Images (Screencaptures & Promotional Material)
Some popular television shows will have their own "fansites" for such images.
All Movie Photo (requires rehosting)
BBC Image Archive
Black Celebration (Daydreaming)
Classic Film Scans
Dr. Macro's HQ Classic Film Scans
Enchanted Serenity of Period Films
Far Far Away
In A Dream
Kinopoisk (Russian language site)
Leave Me the White
Long Ago Captures
Outnow.ch (German language site)
The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes
The Medusa Cascade
Other Images (Backgrounds, Stock, etc.)
Various TDA artists have posted their own sets of images here.
CG Textures & Stock
Free Stock Photography
Free Stock Photos
Lost and Taken
Public Domain Images
Public Domain Pictures
Remember that most sites do not want you to link directly to their pictures, so host them yourself! [Info on Image Hosting]
- three's company, four's a crowd. Try not to request more than five characters in one banner
- pictures with white backgrounds are hard to work with unless you want your banner to be light in colour
- pictures with cut-off faces don't look nice (unless the banner-maker can pull off a miracle)
Images you CANNOT ever use: [all banners must be PG/12+ rated]
- graphic violence (including weapons)
- graphic death (heads cut off, etc.)
- alcohol (you can have like empty bottles, but nothing with the actual drink name on it)
12+ Allowed Language for quotes, titles, etc.
Copyrighted Images For Requestors
how to avoid using copyrighted images in your requests
Be aware of what you are taking and from whom. Searching on Photobucket or Google for images will give you potentially copyrighted results. Try taking these tips into account when you're making your request.
1.Allow artists to choose their own images. Just be specific about what you want on your banner.
2.When linking to a stock image, link to the page the image is on, not just the image itself.
3. If you've found the perfect image, but it's copyrighted, notify the artists of which you are using and ask them if you are allowed to use it.
4.If you are forbidden from using an image, DON'T.
Edited by catharsis, 08 September 2014 - 04:42 PM.