#91 fayeswonderland

fayeswonderland

Wicked Witch Of The West

• Staff Artist
  • 881 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Teresa: Thank you for the lovely comment :hug: I'm glad you like my works :P

Mary: Thank you for the congrats, Mary! :wub: And for the beautiful pressie :fangirl: *hops over to her profile to put it in* And congrats yourself! :hug:

Posted Image

Posted Image

» blinkie by crookshanks. || Sally is mostly available. «
»
F {O} RE {VER} «

#92 Cosmic Muffin

Cosmic Muffin

The Doctor's consulting muffin.

• Graduate Artist
  • 852 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Haiiii, Sally! First of all, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PROMO! I remember seeing your work when you were a MA, and now you're a senior and you're showing no signs of stopping! Really, really great job, dear! Your gallery is amazing, and I'm especially in love with your CIs -- they're so creative and have so much depth to them. Just... gah! So much love :wub:

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to drop by my gallery and leaving that lovely present. Truly appreciate it! :hearts: Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work! Rock on! :glomp:

the name's gill. rockngill. unavailable.
all these things that i've done.
5p4oqq.jpg

#93 prometheus

prometheus

TDA's Resident Oncer

• Senior Artist
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

congrats on the promo Sally!!! :yahoo: enjoy the new colur and rank! ^_^

previously blackhorsegallery | Sofia is available

5JYl7s3.png

#94 Caraphernelia

Caraphernelia

Ess' Biffle 5eva bby

• Staff Moderator
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Okay. I have one word to say to you.

makemoregraphicssothaticanstareatthemforhoursandneverettired.

*ahem*

Seriously. Your work is so amazing it's not even fair :( But I love you anyway :P

xx
--Laura

The artist formerly known as Sixx. || aka Charizard || Call me Laura 

poSy3gx.png

Gallery|| The Family Business - Supernatural RP

&& Ess makes me beautiful

#95 fayeswonderland

fayeswonderland

Wicked Witch Of The West

• Staff Artist
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Gill: I'm so glad you like my works :blush: Oh I remember me being an MA too well *cringes* I thought I was so awesome and I was soooo not :lol: And no problem, dear ;)

Sofia: Thank you for the congrats! :yahoo:

Laura: pshhhhh stop talking, Laura :drop: My works are so not amazing :lol: You're the one who's amazing! :hug: But anyway: Thank you for the super cute comment, it made me blush :blush:

Posted Image

Posted Image

»
F {O} RE {VER} «

#96 Emccentric

Emccentric

[awkwardly exists]

• Staff Artist
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Sally? Sally! :D :D :D

Would it be weird if I told you it feels comfortingly familiar now that we're gallery neighbors again? And very much intimidating. XD Your latest works are just full of outright awesomeness lately and I can see why you're made a Senior. Congratulations on your promotion, Sally, you awesome Sally, and have you come a long way since MA-dom? Definitely. Definitely.

So here's a little something for you. ^_^

Posted Image

(M) E T A
/ GALLERY / UNAVAILABLE / HPFF /

U4MfMPZ.png

#97 Forcade

Forcade
  • Staff Artist
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I love your misc. icons. And i really love the
orange-ness of the 1st set of icons!

I love how you play with some of your things.
For example this sig. here, is really interesting
and it inspires me to play around with the typography as well.

Gallery updated:March 13, 2013 [ 99mockingbirds ][ Gallery ][ Deviantart ]

Posted Image

#98 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

HOLY COW. I think you are by far the BEST artist on the block(er boards). You have such a unique style and it is now my new inspiration to be more different than possible. You are amazing. Keep up the totally amazing work and please keep working hard.

Angie is Available [Formerly known as Saranghae]
marinawhoopwhoop.png
Avatar by me and Sig by me    ^_^ Gallery

#99 fayeswonderland

fayeswonderland

Wicked Witch Of The West

• Staff Artist
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Em: EM!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for you supersweet comment :blush: and the uber-awesome pressie :hug: You're so cute!!
But look at you! All graduate now!! Congratulations :kiss:

Tuly: Oh thank you for the cute comment :hug: I'm glad you like my icons, because icons usually hate me and it's mutual :laugh:

Angie: Your comment made me blush :blush: which is saying quite something because I'm usually not capable of turning red (THANK GOD - it's an awesome feature :lol:) I'm your inspiration? :cry: That is so sweet! :hug:

Posted Image

Posted Image

»
F {O} RE {VER} «

#100 panacea.

panacea.

i hunt cheescakes

• Staff Artist
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I just want to say how much I love these icons. They're so beautiful. You should make more icons ^_^

still experimenting with my style. *sigh* when will it end?

"never"- replies the voice in my head
------ dA - gallery ------

available for requests: PM first.

jas

#101 fayeswonderland

fayeswonderland

Wicked Witch Of The West

• Staff Artist
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Jas: Thank you so much :hug: I have no idea how I made them - usually they keep hating on me - that's why I don't have any more icons in my gallery :laugh: But I will try to make some in the near future :P

Edited by fayeswonderland, 15 April 2012 - 08:29 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

»
F {O} RE {VER} «

#102 Giola

Giola

lilacs stick with lilacs

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hey Sally, I'm here with your critique :happy: Gosh, this is going to be so hard, you're just amazing :wub: Well...here goes!

Icons
These are amazing, and definitely very unique and so 'you'. The composition on all six of them are fantastic, all I'd say is, for the sake of variety in the set as a whole, maybe think about moving the text around on thebottom three, so it's not in the centre on all of them, it can look a bit repetitive (but it does work wonderfully if you look at each icon individually).

Since you asked for a clean out, I'd remove this, you have plenty of sets in your gallery anyway, so the one by itself looks a little odd, and I think the other icons you have here are better :)

Other than that, just try to experiment a bit more, both this set and this set are fairly simple and texture based, so I'd suggest trying a few more, and perhaps try to highligh the focal point a bit more with a radial black and white gradient (instead of the normal line one, choose the circle option :P that's a hint daryl gave me for icons, it really helps :) )

Sigs
On a side note, I love the headers that you have for each section of your gallery. So simple and gorgeous :loves:

Anyway, this is my favourite of your sigs, I think it's a great representation of your style, but it also has a really clear focal point. In this however, I think the text is a little to big compared to the girl, so my eye's drawn to both. I'd reduce the size of it a bit, and maybe rotate it slightly less. Usually with text, I try to find a natural 'line' in the image, usually a shoulder or archway or something, to follow with the text. I'll rotate the text to match that line :) Doesn't always work, but it often will make your text seem like a part of the graphic a bit more :)

In terms of a cleanout, this doesn't really match the style of your work that you have developing, so I'd remove that, though it's gorgeous. I'd also remove the links to the old favourites, if you're looking for things to clean out :D

CIs
This is so creative, I love it! Just watch contrast (something in general, not just for this CI), often I think your texture use sometimes lowers the contrast level a bit, which often you make work quite well, but sometimes it does make the faces a little 'unclear' and less focused, and if they're supposed to be in the foreground, like in this CI, it can be a bit distracting. However, here, for example, it works perfectly :)

I'd suggest experimenting with text a bit more - this and this both have very similar text, and particularly in the 'at the end of it all' CI I think it's stretched a little too much to help the focal point, I have to concentrate to read it. Especially the word 'of', it's very hard to read as it's on a light coloured background. The idea of doing the text like that is nice and very unique, and it works on the older CI really well, but I'd just experiment with the newer one a bit :) Maybe try and emphasise just one word of it by putting that word in a script font, and leave the rest as it is.

I'd suggest getting rid of this, the focal point's a bit unclear, and I think the rest of your CIs show of your abilities much better :) Similarly this doesn't really fit with the style you're developing, so you could consider taking that out too.

Banners
These are all so gorgeous. This is definitely my favourite, the colouring is amazing :wub:

I think the biggest problem with your banners is text. It's a little repetitive, so I'd suggest downloading a ton of new fonts, and forcing yourself to use only them for a while. You seem to stick to the same few fonts (I do it too, I think every graphic in my gallery has OptimusPrinceps on it, whoops :P ), but it's good to experiment around a bit. I'd also try a few titles with one word in a script font, and the rest in a plainer font. That's something you often see in requests, so it's highly likely you might have to do it at some point, and it's a different sort of 'text style' that you don't have in your gallery, so it's something to try :happy:

For a clean out, I'd remove this, looks a little overfiltered to me.

Blends/Other
Well, these are amazing. This is just...wow. Same with the newer DA Digest header. The previous one looks a little old to me, so I'd suggest removing that. The colouring's not quite up to your usual standard, as her skin tone doesn't quite match the rest of the graphic.

All I can really say here is make some more :wub: :edward:

General
You have such a talent with texture use, it's amazing. You've got some very creative compositions here, your icons especially. Just try to use some of that creativity in your text as well. I'd also recommend only keeping things in your gallery that you've made in the last few months. A general rule that I've heard a few staff artists say before is that if something doesn't get you promoted one month, it won't get you promoted the next, so remove it. Obviously don't remove everything in your gallery, but if you've got some really old things, they should probably be removed. However, as it is, I don't think your gallery is TOO full at the moment, though maybe remove the linked graphics.

Keep up the amazing work, you've been improving a lot, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your work, it's gorgeous :hug: If anything I said didn't make sense, just PM me!

-Julia

-- ATLAS EYES --

Posted Image

PW1 - blinkie a la avalanche -- PW2

#103 azimuth

azimuth

I'll glomp the hug out of you

• Staff Artist
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Sally, I seriously can't get enough of your gallery. :sean: Your style is so uniquely you and every graphic you make is so creative! This promo was so well deserved, and it makes me so happy to see you as a grad. :glomp: I bow down to your awesomeness! :worship:

vanyaHPFF Gallery Stock
SPyM7hU.png

#104 enchantedx

enchantedx

Arashian.

• Junior Artist
  • 975 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

congrats for being a graduate artist. I love your gallery! your colouring is amazing :D

My gallery

available

#105 Inexplicable

Inexplicable

TDA's pet hamster

• Senior Artist
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Sally!!!!

You're grad! ohmygoshiamsopleasedforyou!!!! Uh. I lost the space key there, sorry D: As it were, congratuation so much for your promotion! I love your gallery and your style is so nice and unique ^_^ I love that Alice in wonderland sig :wub: and your banners I jsut keep staring at trying to figure out how you do it! Congratulations so much, you really deserve this :)

Hannah x

johnlock_zpse995e18d.png
Hannah would be the name of mine! unavailable. 

Beautiful signature by inspector. <3

Gallery!

#106 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Staff Artist
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Congratulations on becoming grad, Sally! :thumbup:
HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH :D
You deserve it, your stuff is gorgeous and unlike everyone else's graphics :happy:

CALL ME Leo | semi-available_________we have both been here before

2d81jlh.jpg

#107 fayeswonderland

fayeswonderland

Wicked Witch Of The West

• Staff Artist
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Julia: Thank you so much for your critique! I already changed some of the things you mentioned and will continue doing so when I've got a little bit of spare time ;) Thanks again :hug:

Vanya: Oh my Vanya :blush: Your comment is co cute :wub: Congratulations on your promo as well and I will drop by your gallery and leave my pressie when I'm back from the cinema!

Mariam: Thank you so much Mariam!!! :hug: And congrats on your promo as well <3

Hannah: THANK YOU SO MUCH HANNAH FOR YOUR SUPER LOVELY COMMENT :wub: You are way way way too nice to me :hug:

Leo: Thank you so much Leo, you're so sweet :hug: & in german just for you: dankeschön <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

»
F {O} RE {VER} «

#108 Emccentric

Emccentric

[awkwardly exists]

• Staff Artist
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

YO SALLY DA GURL NEXT DOOR GUUURRL YO GOT GRAD NOW THAT'S EXCITING, ISN'T IT? (and remind me I should never ever go ghetto ever again like ever ever ever :blegh:)

I just want to kidnap your style, torture it for information on how it comes to be this spectacular, and dump it in a secluded spot so no one, not even you, will be able to find it until the end of time. :sean: (I'm not actually this creepy I just don't know what my mind is doing at this time of day to me) I am insanely in love with how hazy your graphics are and one look at them makes me think of underground clubs in the '60s with clouds of smoke drifting throughout the bar as people with drooping eyes and lazy smiles sit slumped on bean bag chairs, adding to the swirling grey smoke above them with each blow. I don't know, it's just a really pretty scenario in my mind and your graphics are mindblowing and we're neighbors again and I'm not quite sure I'm making sense here so I'll leave now and be nonsensical somewhere else.

Posted Image

(M) E T A
/ GALLERY / UNAVAILABLE / HPFF /

U4MfMPZ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users