#1 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

Header_zps3bb3ef0b.png

Angie. 24. CS4. Pretty Little liars. The Lying Games. The Walking Dead. Doctor Who. Game of Thrones. Misfits. 666 Park Avenue. Once Upon A Time. Assassin's Creed. 

11wbhhv.png   pRBra.png

OMG WAT? (by Contour)

Untitled-1_zps5a89cbd5.png

chjcsgyud.png

IGGYICONS.png

Number5.png

GraphicADay-28.png

Horoscopes.png

simpleicons.png

StockIcons.png

banner_zpsf54ce4d2.png

October2014Banner.png

BeforeanAfter.png

RedRibbon.png

stardusted-.png

AranzA.png

azimuthbanner.png

LionsandTigers.png

SexYeah.png

bfhd_zps02ae509a.png

chapterimages_zpsdda2c048.png

RoundOneHalloween.png

LanaDelRey.png

GraphicADay-18.png

GraphicADay-11.png

GraphicADay-6.png

GraphicADay-1.png

signatures_zps76748c5e.png

EmmaWatson.png

GraphicADay-8.png

Crooooown_zpsf97c5f54.png

WinslowGraves_zps8bf2562f.png

DWSig_zps3009d9df.png

others_zps5292c6be.png

FemaleNarrativesCHallenge-1.png

large.png

OctoberDADigest.png

NoTextBlend.png

GraphicADay-29.png

GraphicADay-26.png

4_large.png

Untitled-2-1_zpsb2739b79Color.png

Yellow-yBlend-1.png

First Place In Three Moods Challenge
(Thank you tina.loves ! )

credit_zps40a250a0.png

dA, girls, girls, girls v.2, colorscandy, novalee, shriekingshacks, emmamedia, TDAresources, disneyscreencaps, joe-dempsie, slayground, Nina Dobrev, Nina Dobrev2, Emily Vancamp, [the walking dead1, the walking dead2, the walking dead3, for challenge, jane levy, free for use stock, ian somerholder, actress, free stock for use v.2, sam huntington, grande-caps, redhead image pack, kpop1,  kpop2, girls, girls,girls v.3, zoey deschanel, marina, make it work1, make it work2, make it work3, matt dallas, hayden pattinere, kat granham,  pretty little liars, freda's female image pack, stock by Ans, Evey's stock pack,  Female Narratives

Edited by marina., 30 October 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Angie is Available [Formerly known as Saranghae]
marinawhoopwhoop.png
Avatar by me and Sig by me    ^_^ Gallery

#2 bubblegum

bubblegum

I think I'll try defying gravity..

• 2,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

Hi!
Welcome to back to TDA..
Just in case you've forgotten here are some handy links for you:
Tutorials for Beginning Artists
Tutorial Central
Promotions 101
Optimizing Your Gallery for Promotions
Critique Corner

If you have any issues don't be afraid to PM me or any other artist on the site smile.gif

rach

Edited by bubblegum, 07 April 2011 - 12:52 AM.

Posted Image
blinkie made by nuzzy! and my avatar is by the wonderful Hafsa (fantôme)

#3 legendson

legendson

TDA's resident creeper.

• Social Media Manager
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

hey there! smile.gif
these have nice cuts and colouring wink.gif just remember not to overuse filters, reduces the quality of the graphic wink.gif

you have a nice start here smile.gif
just remember to credit all your sources and weheartit isn't allowed on TDA anymore confusedslant.gif

Edited by emmapotter, 07 April 2011 - 01:13 AM.

ak || deceased // icon and sig || illumination

FfDxiM7.gif

#hailHYDRA

#4 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

bubblegum- I'll be sure to check out the tutorials. Thank you!

emmapotter- Lol, yeah I got carried away. I didn't know weheartit isn't allowed anymore. Thanks for the heads up. I'll put all the credits again.

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#5 BillieJoeCandy

BillieJoeCandy
  • Senior Artist
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi i'm Rae.
Nice start to your gallery here smile.gif

I love your icon colouring so much. <3
If you were going for that look on some of the icons then it's pretty cool. I like them cause they're "different".

Nice start as I said.. hope you add more. smile.gif

RAE (:

GALLERY

#6 dittany.

dittany.

hello sweetie.

• Member Artist
  • 383 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hey!
I'm Anna, and I'm so happy you've finally posted a gallery. I've seen you around TDA making graphics. (Yes, I am a stalker. SeansEvilSmilie.png ) I'll give you some helpful hints that people have given me.
For the banner, the text is a bit hard to read, but it's great so far! I lurvv your icons. They are so different and AWESOME. wub.gif For the emma sig, it's great, just a little dark, and the cutting is a bit choppy. But it's super perdy. The ashley sig is nice too. I suggest using more HQ pics in them. Teehee.

Definitely look at the links bubblegum posted, and dont be afraid to PM me. Even if it's just for fun, cuz I love to chat! th_hug.gif
I hope I'm not creeping you out.
-Anna
p.s. what is dioxiriboneucleicacid?

Edited by GinnyPotter, 07 April 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#7 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (BillieJoeCandy @ Apr 7 2011, 03:22 PM)
Hi i'm Rae.
Nice start to your gallery here Posted Image

I love your icon colouring so much. <3
If you were going for that look on some of the icons then it's pretty cool. I like them cause they're "different".

Nice start as I said.. hope you add more. Posted Image

I'm currently working on more stuff at the moment. Thanks for liking my icons. I like to be edgy with my graphics. Make them stand out. Thank you so much for the comment! Posted Image

QUOTE (GinnyPotter @ Apr 7 2011, 04:37 PM)
Hey!
I'm Anna, and I'm so happy you've finally posted a gallery. I've seen you around TDA making graphics. (Yes, I am a stalker. Posted Image ) I'll give you some helpful hints that people have given me.
For the banner, the text is a bit hard to read, but it's great so far! I lurvv your icons. They are so different and AWESOME. Posted Image For the emma sig, it's great, just a little dark, and the cutting is a bit choppy. But it's super perdy. The ashley sig is nice too. I suggest using more HQ pics in them. Teehee.

Definitely look at the links bubblegum posted, and dont be afraid to PM me. Even if it's just for fun, cuz I love to chat! Posted Image
I hope I'm not creeping you out.
-Anna
p.s. what is dioxiriboneucleicacid?

Someone noticed my graphics?! o.O Thank you for liking my icons. I just have a bit of an edge to life and the outlook on my graphics.

There was a bit of a problem with my computer and Photoshop so I couldn't edit them again after I closed the graphics after finishing them, so it was pretty hard to look at them after that. I fixed that, though!

I HAVE looked at the links bubblegum posted. They're really helpful. Thanks for the tips, you too, darling.

P.s. Dioxiriboneucleicacid is what DNA stands for. Unless I spelled it wrong, I named it after my DNA. Or let's just say DNA itself. Posted Image

Edited by Saranghae, 27 January 2012 - 08:58 PM.

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#8 moriarty.

moriarty.

chaos is a ladder

• Staff Artist
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

hello angie! it's eleanor here with your requested critique!

the best piece in your gallery: it's a tie between the two chapter images and the second colourization. The colourizatioin is completely flawless and has perfect colour choices however the chapter images both have awesome composition and colouring smile.gif

the worst piece in your gallery: the first banner. the people have awkward cuts: miranda's head and the man on the far right both have awkward cutting on their heads. the colouring washes the banner out and makes the images look a little lq sad2.gif As for lq images, it appears that you do use fairly hq images but sometimes your colouring can make them lower quality (that happens to me too, when I overcolour). So watch out for overcolouring - you want your graphic to flow and therefore have matching colours but you don't want everything to be so overcoloured that it distorts the images and makes them colours they're not supposed to be.

what you need to improve on: I would say either text or colouring. You seem to have colouring techniques right but you tend to overuse the colouring which brings the graphic down and means we don't get to see as much of your composition. For text, I've noticed that you tend to stick to putting it in the centre and all in the same font on the same line. Try slanting text, stacking text and generally experementing with text.

challenge: try to make a banner with more than ten pieces of stock biggrin.gif When you choose your stock, pick images with similar colouring already so that it will be easier to colour later on. On this banner try a different technique for text than you usually use (like stacking) and really think about your focal point and where your eyes are drawn to when you look at the banner. If they have to keep looking in millions of different places then you need to remember the keep the main parts of the graphic (text, main person, etc.) in the same place.

Hope I helped!

Eleanor happy2.gif

e l l i e ~

Posted Image  

super unavailable, sorry! - j. laswell and r. major on pw - hpff - gallery

#9 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (enchantress @ Apr 25 2011, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello angie! it's eleanor here with your requested critique!

the best piece in your gallery: it's a tie between the two chapter images and the second colourization. The colourizatioin is completely flawless and has perfect colour choices however the chapter images both have awesome composition and colouring smile.gif

the worst piece in your gallery: the first banner. the people have awkward cuts: miranda's head and the man on the far right both have awkward cutting on their heads. the colouring washes the banner out and makes the images look a little lq sad2.gif As for lq images, it appears that you do use fairly hq images but sometimes your colouring can make them lower quality (that happens to me too, when I overcolour). So watch out for overcolouring - you want your graphic to flow and therefore have matching colours but you don't want everything to be so overcoloured that it distorts the images and makes them colours they're not supposed to be.

what you need to improve on: I would say either text or colouring. You seem to have colouring techniques right but you tend to overuse the colouring which brings the graphic down and means we don't get to see as much of your composition. For text, I've noticed that you tend to stick to putting it in the centre and all in the same font on the same line. Try slanting text, stacking text and generally experementing with text.

challenge: try to make a banner with more than ten pieces of stock biggrin.gif When you choose your stock, pick images with similar colouring already so that it will be easier to colour later on. On this banner try a different technique for text than you usually use (like stacking) and really think about your focal point and where your eyes are drawn to when you look at the banner. If they have to keep looking in millions of different places then you need to remember the keep the main parts of the graphic (text, main person, etc.) in the same place.

Hope I helped!

Eleanor happy2.gif

Omg, thank you for the critique! I really needed it. I know the first banner was the worst. confusedslant.gif I didn't really like it.

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#10 &themoon

&themoon

infi ∞ nite

• Staff Moderator
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hey Aroline! I'm here for your critique. Sorry it took awhile. My computer's been having problems.

I want to start off by saying you have some really pretty colouring. I think that's probably your strongest point right now. On that topic, though, watch out for contrast. On +this, your contrast is far to low and it's stopping from bring your contrast to life. Your colourizations are really pretty, too. I'm completely jealous of them.

I see the biggest problems with your banners, so I'm gonna go ahead and take each one of your first set and give some pointers and then you can apply those to the rest of your graphics and banners

banner number one.
You don't want the glow of your text to be more powerful than the actual text. It's a great tool that can help your text stand out, but the amount you have distracts from the words and the rest of your banner. The blending on Andrew is too hardcut and he doesn't flow with the graphic. The blending on his hair especially. With the username, try and avoid having it over and the people, especially their hair or face. It doesn't need to stand out too much. Also, try and avoid having flat out black or white text. You want it to stand out, but using those colours keeps it standing out too much.

number two.
The biggest problem with this one is that the composition doesn't flow throughout the banner. You want it to almost kind of look like one picture, make it look real. Also, mess with using different sized people. Most of your banners have the people in them around the same size and the same cropping of them in the banner. Mess around with different sizes and placements.

number three.
For the quote on this, again, don't use black, especially since there's not any real black in the banner. As a general rule, try and keep your quotes bellow the main text and try make it more of a block shape than a line. It'll flow much better that way.

number four.
The white stuff behind Draco doesn't really flow and I'm not sure what it even is. Hermione looks over filtered. I'd suggest avoiding filters outside of some sharpening until you're more accustomed to everything else. As another rule, try and keep your text in the lower forty percent of your banners. It'll flow better and look much better.

number five.
Same comment as above about the text and white stuff. Colouring wise, I really love this banner, though. And good people placement.

number six.
The two fonts don't really fit and neither do their colours. Make sure they fit. I'd generally try and keep all text one colour, unless otherwise really needed. The clock doesn't really flow with the rest of the banner.

number seven.
Same comment about white stuff and the text bellow the forty percent marker. Also, if the text is long, mess with using different fonts and not all just one.

I hope that I wasn't too harsh or anything. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or comment me.

i am d a r y l ; say hello?
qpSGPIh.png
[ maybe available ] [ tumblr ] [ previously cast!el ]

#11 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (bestlies @ Apr 26 2011, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Aroline! I'm here for your critique. Sorry it took awhile. My computer's been having problems.

I want to start off by saying you have some really pretty colouring. I think that's probably your strongest point right now. On that topic, though, watch out for contrast. On +this, your contrast is far to low and it's stopping from bring your contrast to life. Your colourizations are really pretty, too. I'm completely jealous of them.

I see the biggest problems with your banners, so I'm gonna go ahead and take each one of your first set and give some pointers and then you can apply those to the rest of your graphics and banners

banner number one.
You don't want the glow of your text to be more powerful than the actual text. It's a great tool that can help your text stand out, but the amount you have distracts from the words and the rest of your banner. The blending on Andrew is too hardcut and he doesn't flow with the graphic. The blending on his hair especially. With the username, try and avoid having it over and the people, especially their hair or face. It doesn't need to stand out too much. Also, try and avoid having flat out black or white text. You want it to stand out, but using those colours keeps it standing out too much.

number two.
The biggest problem with this one is that the composition doesn't flow throughout the banner. You want it to almost kind of look like one picture, make it look real. Also, mess with using different sized people. Most of your banners have the people in them around the same size and the same cropping of them in the banner. Mess around with different sizes and placements.

number three.
For the quote on this, again, don't use black, especially since there's not any real black in the banner. As a general rule, try and keep your quotes bellow the main text and try make it more of a block shape than a line. It'll flow much better that way.

number four.
The white stuff behind Draco doesn't really flow and I'm not sure what it even is. Hermione looks over filtered. I'd suggest avoiding filters outside of some sharpening until you're more accustomed to everything else. As another rule, try and keep your text in the lower forty percent of your banners. It'll flow better and look much better.

number five.
Same comment as above about the text and white stuff. Colouring wise, I really love this banner, though. And good people placement.

number six.
The two fonts don't really fit and neither do their colours. Make sure they fit. I'd generally try and keep all text one colour, unless otherwise really needed. The clock doesn't really flow with the rest of the banner.

number seven.
Same comment about white stuff and the text bellow the forty percent marker. Also, if the text is long, mess with using different fonts and not all just one.

I hope that I wasn't too harsh or anything. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or comment me.

Too harsh? Pft. I can take a punch. Thank you for the critique. It really helped.

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#12 nymeria

nymeria

Chip

• Staff Moderator
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

hey, thanks for posting in my gallery (twice! smile.gif). i really like your first chapter image and your current sig happy.gif

8YG9sVA.png
svartir sandar || copyright rules
semi-available - please pm first

#13 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (argumentative. @ Apr 27 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, thanks for posting in my gallery (twice! smile.gif). i really like your first chapter image and your current sig happy.gif

Well, I like to say something about what I like. :] And thank you! happy2.gif

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#14 littlemissy

littlemissy

pick up the pieces and build a Lego house!

• Staff Artist
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Hi Angie!
I love these, they are really pretty and I like your current sig too!!
All your icons are gorgeous, but the colouring on these just looks fantastic, they are really eye-catching!

Canít wait to see more x

My UFG1//My UFG2//My Gallery

*gemma / available*

*amazing sig by Eponine thank you*

ykqpGHF_zps72be0343.png

#15 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (littlemissy @ May 4 2011, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Angie!
I love these, they are really pretty and I like your current sig too!!
All your icons are gorgeous, but the colouring on these just looks fantastic, they are really eye-catching!

Canít wait to see more x

Thank you! I'm glad you like them. I have more stuff coming up. Working on a blend and a another chapter image and more. happy2.gif

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#16 IdareYou

IdareYou
  • 114 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hey there Aroline, I'm Nikki, and I love your gallery!
THIS is my favorite of your icon sets. I love the color scheme! It's so sweet and warming. And these are gorgeous! They remind of the perfect summer.

I like your vertical banners, but the one on the left seems a little - not blurry, per se, but hard to focus on. And this chapter image is so pretty! I love the composition and the coloring!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Keep up the good work!

GALLERY!
Siggy by my AMAZING big buddy, Dulce Fantasia! <3
Posted Image

#17 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (IdareYou @ May 12 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey there Aroline, I'm Nikki, and I love your gallery!
THIS is my favorite of your icon sets. I love the color scheme! It's so sweet and warming. And these are gorgeous! They remind of the perfect summer.

I like your vertical banners, but the one on the left seems a little - not blurry, per se, but hard to focus on. And this chapter image is so pretty! I love the composition and the coloring!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Keep up the good work!

Omg thank you so much. Your comments made my day. I am working on more stuff and you can check them out when they're done. EE!

marinawhoopwhoop.png

#18 WindingArrow

WindingArrow

Expert handler of Telmarine and Britainian royalty. *nod*

• 505 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi!

First I wanted to say- thanks for visiting my gallery! You're so nice!

And then I wanted to say- holy strawberries, Batman! I love this!
And also- jinkies, these are groovy!
Perhaps I also wanted to mention- Community REPRESENT!

I think you have a great gallery (I almost said gravity... o.O) and I like your coloring. Nice, soft, BRIGHT! I really like your style here+. I think you should concentrate on creating a focal point, especially in your banners. On a couple of them, one person is on the left, one on the right, and text is in the middle and I don't know where to focus my attention. I think your signatures and your chapter images and, holy cripes, your ICONS, are brilliant. <3
I need to get back to graphics.... T_T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users