3 replies to this topic

#1 Mercury

Mercury

current sexuality: the winter soldier

• Administrator
  • 4,040 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

Since replying the same thing to every PM I get about name changes is rather tedious, I shall list the reason for name changes here one last time. We can only allow you a name change when:

1. You want it to match your name over on HPFF or another site (where you have an established account)
2. You feel like you are being harassed or stalked (proof will be needed of this, though)
3. Your name contains a spelling error.

Otherwise, you are stuck with the name you have initially chosen.

Anyone who PMs me, asking for a name change, without giving one of these three reasons is going to have their PM deleted without reply - as I said, having to reply the same thing over and over just because you couldn't be bothered to read the rules is getting rather tedious.

follow the copyright rules or be smote

2crob5u.jpg
GALLERY
icon by little-luna @ hollow-art

#2 Mercury

Mercury

• Administrator
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Adding something here, because right now my inbox is being flooded with messages going "I had my name for that many years...." or "I'd like mine to match my HPFF..." and almost all these messages end "can I get a name change?"

I made this announcement to REDUCE the clutter in my inbox concerning name changes - if you comply with any of these rules, you do not need to ask on top of this announcement if you can have a name change. Just send me a message with for example "I want to change my name to that of my HPFF account, which is suchandsuch"

Thank you.

2crob5u.jpg
GALLERY

#3 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,467 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Just think, if it gets annoying enough, we could just stop offering them altogether. That wouldn't be at all hard, and would give the admins more time to do more productive work for the site, like promotions, for instance.

Name changes are at the bottom of the priority list, so please only ask if it's actually important.

ecPUaD5.png
Fanfiction ~*~ Gallery
not available for requests

#4 Mercury

Mercury

• Administrator
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

Just adding something to this quickly. If you use the first rule as a reason for your name change:

1. You want it to match your name over on HPFF

Could you please also give a link to your HPFF account in the PM so we can verify the name you want it changed to is, in fact, the name you have on HPFF?
We've had people PMing us with this reason before, where we later found out the names didn't match, or they didn't even have an account on HPFF.

Thanks.

2crob5u.jpg
GALLERY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users