2 replies to this topic

#1 Mercury

Mercury

current sexuality: the winter soldier

• Administrator
  • 4,180 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

While going through galleries for November Promotions, I noticed a lot of people still having sites like weheartit, google, photobucket or tumblr on their credit lists.

For next month's promotions (meaning, December Promotions) and on, anyone who still has those sites on their credit list will not be promoted!

It seems to us that the copyright rules are still not being read sufficiently - which is why we thought this rule would make clear to everyone how important we think this copyright issue is. What we want to see on your credit lists are the original sources of the stock and model pictures you used.

If you used google to find your picture, you don't credit google, but the site/photographer the picture actually comes from. As for weheartit, tumblr and photobucket, it's actually preferable if those sites weren't used at all to find pictures on, but if you use them, always make sure you know for a fact you are allowed to use the picture. If you're unsure on how to do this or unsure on how you can find out the picture is safe to use, I suggest you read the copyright rules posted all over the site.

I can assure you that we will follow through on this - even if it means a lot less people get promoted next time around.

Also, I forgot to add: This also holds true for Staff Artists and Staff Moderators - just because you're not getting promoted anymore doesn't mean the rule isn't applicable to you.

follow the copyright rules or be smote

KmwyV7W.png
TUMBLR

icon by little-luna @ hollow-art -- amazing sig by calico

#2 Mercury

Mercury

• Administrator
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Bumping this topic as a gentle reminder. With promotions just around the corner, this is your last chance to clean up your credit list if you still have sites as weheartit or tumblr on them (and I've still seen credit lists who have). Remember that if you don't, you're not going to be promoted.

KmwyV7W.png
TUMBLR

#3 Mercury

Mercury

• Administrator
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Adding another addendum, because apparently this hasn't been clear to people, but if you take pictures (whether it be stock or model pics) from DeviantArt or any other said where you can use pictures made by other people for your art, please make sure to TERMS OF USE the original artist has put up for them. They're not hard to find most of the times.

This especially holds true for DeviantArt: if the original artist puts in their terms of use that the pictures are not allowed to be used outside of DA, then taking them and using them for artwork posted on TDA isn't following the set rules, which means you're not following the copyright rules correctly. This also means you won't be promoted if we find out you're one the people not following the terms of use the original artist sets up.

KmwyV7W.png
TUMBLR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users