November [x]
by sammich by bittersweetflames
by Cirque du Sailor
by carpe.noctem
by PitchBlue

Copyrighted Images Masterlist | Copyright Rules | Roll the Credits

Photo

Copyright Rules Reminder: for Artists AND Requesters!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 hayley jade

hayley jade

a mosquito, my libido <3

• Designer
  • 7,511 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

I am posting this again because I've seen people from members to staff breaking at least one of the new copyright rules. These are not just guidelines; they must be followed. Here is the list of rules again for a refresher; make sure to see the actual topic for more detailed information.

GENERAL RULES

1. Make sure to look at the artist comment or for copyrights before taking any images.
2. Link to the artist and not the site in general when taking stock.
3. If required, notify the artists of which stock you are using and ask them if you are allowed to use them multiple times.
4. Include your credits somewhere in your gallery.
5. In requests, choose your own stocks to be safe, especially if you want to place something you've made into your gallery.
6. For challenges, list your credits as well unless you are posting your work in your gallery as well.
7. When writing a tutorial, don't forget to credit who the stock belongs to. (I often go to tutorials to find stock and this would be really helpful)
8. When starting a topic in the Inspire Me! section, be sure to credit the stock you're providing.
9. When providing stock in the 'What's this Stock?" be sure include the credit for the image as well.

Remember this!
If you do not have permission to use an image and/or do not credit it in your gallery, you are NOT allowed to use it. If needed, I will personally go through all the galleries and ask about credits, which I really don't want to do, but it doesn't seem to be getting through to some people. Please, please, please take this seriously!

if you violate the copyright rules, you could be refused promotion for 6 months, demoted, warned, or there is the highest punishment is a permanent ban.

We are light on no one - whether you're Staff or a Member, the rules apply to you equally.

The Top Sites to Watch for Copyrighted Material
Google Images
Photobucket or Tinypic
weheartit
tumblr
Deviantart

Edited by violet ephemera, 13 July 2012 - 09:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users