We all know how much everyone loves competitions - and how much everyone loves completely intangible prizes around here, so it seemed like high time to have another one.
TDA is in need of a new skin - well, need might be a strong word, but we're definitely in want of a new skin...but before you get despondent (because as anyone who has ever tried to do it can tell you, skinning for IBP is tedious, dull and unsatisfying or because you don't know HTML) read on...
Entries should be submitted as a flat jpg/png/gif of what your skin will look like. All you have to do is the photoshop work. If your design is chosen, I will do all of the coding - so that should open things up to a wider audience of participants.
- your design must be submitted as a flat .jpg/.gif/.png
- you must be able to provide a .psd/.pdf version of your design
- your image must be submitted by April 21st. Round numbers. Also, I hate Tuesdays, so give me something to look forward to
- your skin must either scale (grow or shrink to fit the users screen resolution) or be no larger than 780x450 pixels
- somewhere on it, your skin must say "the dark arts"
- your skin must incorporate an area for rotators. (the dimensions of this area are not set - so they can be whatever size you like)
- TDA doesn't often have a lot of main page content. we really prefer to keep things to the forum where possible, but we do reserve the right to occasionally say SOMETHING, so give us somewhere to do it.
First, of course we're looking for something that puts the site's best foot forward. Over time, TDA has grown to be more than just a place for HPFF banners - and that's a great thing - but it also means that slapping a picture of Harry on the main page isn't really the best plan for us, so try to avoid any obvious fandoms unless you're really knocking things out of the park. Also, rotators are very important to the TDA main page as they showcase our artists work. For that reason, making sure that your skin will be able to "work" with them is important.
Finally, the last thing you really need to consider is that I do have to code this, which means even if you make the best design ever, if it's too difficult to code or live within, we may choose something else. It's not personal, I promise
How To Submit:
Images may be submitted by posting them in this thread anytime between now and the deadline date of April 21st.