How to Request a Banner
1. After reading the rules, copy and paste The Request Form into a new topic, then fill it out, making sure to be somewhat specific as to characters, colour scheme/mood, etc.
Your story must have at least one validated chapter at HPFF in order for you to receive a graphic.
this rule is actually not to be mean - it's to ensure that the time our artists spend making banners isn't wasted. often, people will request banners before a story is ready to be posted, claiming that the banner inspires them to write but, more often than not, the stories are never posted and that is a massive waste of our artists time. thus, your story has to be validated before we will make the banner.
2. You must include images for an OC or characters who have not appeared in the movies (including Marauder-era characters). If you cannot find pictures, the name of a celebrity/model will also be accepted. The Where to Find Pictures Thread can be very helpful. Never use personal images of yourself or your friends/family on banners - that is forbidden at HPFF.
3. If you already have a banner for your story that is not made by you, please ask the previous artist for permission by informing them that you are interested in requesting a new banner. This means that you have received a positive reply from the artist.
artists almost never say "no, you have to keep using the banner i made for you!" but it is considered polite to both let them know that the banner is no longer in use (so that they may give it to someone else if they choose) and to ask them if it's OK.
if the artist does not reply to your PM within two weeks of you sending it, you may rerequest- but make sure you note this in your request form
4. Once you have posted your request please note the following rules:
- you may only request one banner at a time*
- you may not request a banner via the PM system or receive one via the PM system.
- if your request is not taken by an artist within three days, you may make a post saying "bump" to push the topic to the top of the list (three days = 72 hours - take note of differing time zones when you bump)
- if your request is not taken after three days have passed, you may also ask to have it moved to the Member Requests area
- please do not PM artists to fill your request. You can, however, have your request moved to the Specific Artists area for that artist.
- Member Artists cannot fill requests in the regular requesting area.
5. Once your request has been taken up by an artist, please note the following rules:
- the artist has three days in which to complete your banner
- if the artist does not post a banner by the end of three days, you may PM them to check on their status.
- you can also PM the artist if you have changed your mind about images, the title, etc.
6. Once the artist has posted the banner, please note the following rules:
- if you like the banner, you must post in the topic to thank the artist or to say that you are taking it.
- always credit the artist in your summary (ex: "banner by fred").
- always rehost your banner.
- if you do not like the banner, you may ask the artist for changes, or ask to reopen your request.
When asking for changes, you MUST be specific. If you don't like a picture, provide another one. If you don't like a font, give an idea as to what sort of font you are looking for. Asking for changes on a graphic means you have to take the initiative to make it easier for the artist to make the right graphic for you. Do not by any means waste an artist's time.
This last set of rules is very important! If you do not treat the artists with respect, you will receive a warning from the staff.
You will have 7 days to collect your completed banner before a moderator will PM you a reminder. After another 7 days, if you have not yet posted the banner in your story summary, the artist may remove the banner and post it in the Up For Grabs section.
* There are only two reasons why you would request more than one banner at once:
1. your banners are supposed to match
2. you want all of your banners to be filled by the same artist
If you have further questions, please contact one of the Requesting Arena moderators.
** The "main" HPFF Requests section is only for Junior, Senior, Graduate, and Staff Artists to fill requests for. Member Artists can only fill requests in the Member Requests area, and members cannot fill requests at all.
Should you have additional questions, please post them in the Question & Answer Forum.
Edited by Crowley, 05 August 2013 - 08:01 PM.