3 replies to this topic

#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

This is a set rule that has always been a set rule, and yet people still violate it. sad2.gif

The maximum size of all images in your signature must not exceed 500 x 200 pixels.

The largest your sig can be is the outer outline of this box.

If your signature is found to be exceeding the maximum, all images will be removed. If a second time you're still violating, you will get a 10% warning on your account - which means that you will have a record, thus eliminating you from any moderator position and reducing your chances of promotion. Please follow the rules - it's really easy to do!

Posted Image
tumblr (M) ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

#2 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

There has been WAY too many people, new and old, high and low-ranked, not following this rule. If I have to start warning every single violator of this rule, I will because it's ridiculous how difficult a time people are having following this rule.

500 x 200 includes every single image in your signature. It is not only the maximum size of images, it is the total size of all images put together. So if you have a 500 x 200 signature as well as another image, you are breaking the rules. If you have a full-sized banner in your signature, even if it is only 110 px tall, you are breaking the rules.

This is the exact same rule that HPFF members must follow on those forums. Know them. Follow them.

Posted Image

#3 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

No matter how many images you have in your signature that are less than 500x200 in size, you still must follow the rules that all images combined must not exceed a total of 500x200 pixels.

This includes all eggs, dragons, blinkies, awards, badges, and anything other silly little things you choose to include in your signatures. The moderators will remove all images from your signature without mercy, so please follow this very simple rule. You may always post additional images on your Profile page because we currently have no restrictions on how many images you may post on your "About Me".

Posted Image

#4 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Bumping for the absolutely insane number of violations cropping up this week. All I ask is that you follow this very simple rule - the total size of all images, including blinkies, buttons, dragons, anything that requires the [img] code, should not be larger than the graphic displayed in the first post of this topic.

When I'm told that upper-ranking artists and moderators are breaking this rule as much as newbies, I am greatly annoyed. Must I threaten silly things such as warnings, demotions, or suspensions over signature violations? If the high numbers of violations persist, I may have to. Please, just make sure that you keep within the specified size, if only to save your poor, overworked and not paid at all admins from more work. th_cry.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users