#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,461 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

- you must be a member artist
  • to become a member artist, simply read this thread and follow the instructions.
- you do not need to request permission to fill something once it has been posted within this section.
  • some threads will simply be posted here, others will be moved at the asking of the requestor. either way, once the thread appears in this section, you do not need to ask permission to fill it. you should post in the thread claiming the request (say something like "i've got it" or "i'll take this one for you. you should see it in {x} days/hours/etc...) if you have any questions, please ask them - like "i'll take this for you - but did you want that picture of draco or can i use any old picture of him?"
- you do need to claim requests if you intend to fill them**
  • when a request is posted, many artists may be interested in filling it. to ensure that six people don't make graphics for a single request, it is required - or, at least strongly suggested - that you claim a request when you intend to fill it.
- you may only claim one request (in this or any section) at a time.
  • in the spirit of fairness, if there are six open requests in this section, you may only claim one of them at a time. once you have posted the graphic for your claimed request, you may claim another. (i.e., you do not have to wait for the requestor to OK the graphic or to pick it up - simply leave it for them and you may move on to another request.) also, please remember that you may only claim one request at a time, no matter the section (member requests, or specific artist).
- do not claim requests unless you can fill them in a timely manner.
  • stuff happens. i get that. however, barring unforseen circumstances and uncooperative graphics, you will be expected to fill the requests you claim. if you claim a request and do not fill it within the designated time period, the request will be re-opened for another artist, however, if you know that you are unable to complete the request, let the requester (and other artists) know about it so that their request can be filled more quickly. if you frequently claim requests that you flake out on (i.e., just disappear and do not let the requestor know you are unable to fill their request) your posting privilages for this section can be revoked.
- the first person to claim a request gets it.
  • even if you were posting at the same time, the first person to claim a request gets it. even if you were already filling the request, but you forgot to claim it, and someone else claims it in your stead, the person to claim the request gets it.
- if you did not claim a request, but filled it anyway, and someone else has already posted a graphic in that thread, you may not post yours
  • in following with the last rule, if you fill a request but fail to claim it and then realize, when the request is completed, that someone has claimed it, you need to step down. You can save the graphic for another request later, post it UFG or simply put it in your gallery (or save it and wait to see if the requestor declines the requestors work) but you cannot offer it to the requestor and undercut the other artist just because you've already finished it.
- be respectful

Edited by avalanche, 07 July 2013 - 01:40 PM.
updating the rules - (sol) // edited slightly - avalanche

#2 isabelblack

isabelblack
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:50 AM

What is the size limit for Chapter Images in HPFF?

#3 Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald

Bring me sunshine.

• Staff Moderator
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

its 380x300 px smile.gif
as it says here

Edited by ariana_tithe, 26 September 2009 - 06:01 AM.

#4 Viggar

Viggar
  • 21 posts
  • Software:Other

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Okay got it biggrin.gif

#5 legendson

legendson

TDA's resident creeper.

• Staff Moderator
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Do I need to wait for a request to be marked as reopened to claim it?

#6 quixotic

quixotic

never forgotten, always remembered.

• Staff Artist
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

^ I'm fairly sure the answer to your question is Yes.

#7 hayley jade

hayley jade

a mosquito, my libido <3

• Designer
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

nostalgia. is right. It would be best for a mod to answer in the first place though so we don't clutter the thread wink.gif.

#8 searching4neverland

searching4neverland
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Im sorry if this isnt the right place to ask for this, but i didnt know where lese to post.
Where do i need to aske for a edit in the original post of my request? Is there such a topic?
I need to add in a link, and it needs to be in the first post so i cant just post a reply with it, but i dont know where to ask for an edit... confusedslant.gif

#9 (sol)

(sol)

Day, n. A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent.

• Staff Moderator
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

I've posted an answer to this in your original post. smile.gif There should be an edit button on the bottom right hand corner of your first post. You will just need to edit the form for your third request into that first post. Does that help?

#10 searching4neverland

searching4neverland
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Yes! Thanks so much. I had tried once before to use that button but couldnt and figured it was just for the first 30 minutes of the post - like in the hpff forums. headdesk.gif Probably I was just some hate from my computer at the time (that thing obhorrs me, i swear!)
However, I made it work this time. thumbup.gif

#11 angel_speaks

angel_speaks
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Are we allowed to let people know that we're available to generate graphics (banners, sigs etc) if so, where?

#12 Crowley

Crowley

An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards.

• Administrator
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

You can simply put a note in your sig, as you seem to have already :) There isn't a specific thread to post in or anything like that :)

#13 angel_speaks

angel_speaks
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

oh ok. darn. thank you!!! I just wanted to try my luck, hoping that there is a specific thread for "advertising" lol i didn't know how competitive the member artist request thread was O.O

#14 pumpkinpasty

pumpkinpasty
  • 30 posts
  • Software:I Don't Design Graphics

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

How do you move your request to this topic?

#15 Crowley

Crowley

An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards.

• Administrator
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think you mean this forum, and if so you just post a link to your request in the topic [here] :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users