Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,461 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

In this forum's FAQ's, it states:
Can I have more than one username?

No. Dark Arts policy is very strict about that one. If you are discovered to have multiple usernames all accounts will be deleted without warning. You may reregister, but if you are found in violation of this rule again, you will be permanently banned from these forums. It's in your best interest not to test this one out.

Sadly, a number of members have recently been discovered to have more than one account registered on your IP address. IP addresses that are not associated with AOL, Sympatico, or any other DSL/proxy service are those that come under investigation for possible double accounts.

If you want to change your username, just ask and have a good reason for it. If you have a sibling (preferably one that exists) and they want to join, please inform an admin before it happens so that both of your accounts are not deleted. If you forget your password and can't get back into your account, try the "forgot your password?" option instead of making a new account.

#2 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

Bumping this.

A lot of people have been trying to register although they already have accounts here. It is not allowed. If you attempt to register until a different name enough times, I will ban your IP address and e-mail addresses from the site altogether. Please follow the rules - if you want a name change and have a good reason, ask for one.

It isn't that difficult to tell who is trying to register multiple times.

#3 abinya

abinya
  • Banned
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

question what if you have a brother or sister joining and they use the same computer as you? wouldn't that mean that they have the same IP address?

#4 Seggie

Seggie
  • 587 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yes. Just tell an admin. Violet said that.
If you have a sibling (preferably one that exists) and they want to join, please inform an admin before it happens so that both of your accounts are not deleted.

#5 Eliza_beth

Eliza_beth
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

:: Announcer voice: Six months later... ::

Umm, hi. How does one go about asking for a name change? I was a brilliant little person and spelled my own name wrong... blink.gif

#6 love machine

love machine
  • Veteran Artist
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

since it's a spelling mistake, just pm any of the admins asking for the name change and they'll do it smile.gif

#7 Eliza_beth

Eliza_beth
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Lol. Thanks, I'll do that.

#8 LilyRoselyn

LilyRoselyn
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:43 AM

How do you PM an admin...? Do you do it by going to their account? Also, is 'I just want to change my name' a legitamite reason to change your name?

#9 Ilse

Ilse

it's not over before it's too late

• 1,432 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

Yep. If you just go to their profile and at the bottom left is an option to send a pm. Or an simpler way is to just left-click on their username and choose it from the drop down menu. And no, if you look here, you'll see that it is not a valid reason at this time. smile.gif

#10 LilyRoselyn

LilyRoselyn
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:19 AM

Oh, okay, thanks!

#11 stoirmeacha

stoirmeacha
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

Okay, firstly, I just want to say I'm completely stupid.

I think I must have two accounts, because I used to have another username at HPFF, and I remember that had a banner from here on it. I had that account deleted because I was planning on stopping writing. I think I then forgot I had the account here, got a new computer (so the password wasn't saved or anything to remind me) and registered again to get banners for my new HPFF account. I've had a quick look, but can't find the old account under the members section under the name I would have thought it would be.

I'm very sorry for this, but what should I do about it?

#12 OMG!

OMG!

you can call me mrs. cumberbatch

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,041 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

The most I can say is that you should PM an admin and get the whole situation cleared up with them. smile.gif If it's an honest mistake, which it sounds like it is, then they can just delete your old account and everything will be fine.

#13 FallinSlowly

FallinSlowly
  • 118 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

if you have a sibling with an account on HPFF, is it okay if you just share the account on here, or do they need to create another one?

#14 stopjenny

stopjenny
  • Staff Artist
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

i don't think it should be an issue if all you're doing is requesting banners.
if you started to be more active on the board it could get confusing for people, but if you're just here
to request it shouldn't matter.
happy2.gif

#15 Doug™

Doug™

I'm your best nightmare!

• Designer
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

You are personally responsible for what happens in your account. Hypothetically, if one was warned for wrong behavior, the account, not the person, is at blame. Also, if you both wanted to request a piece at the same time, you wouldn't be able to. Therefore, it is advisable that you each maintain your own account--though, I suppose, we have no real way of stopping you.

#16 FallinSlowly

FallinSlowly
  • 118 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

I think we'll be getting different accounts. It would be easier smile.gif Thanks!
*goes to PM admin*

#17 riddy

riddy
  • 29 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

I know I have one here, i think the name was Violetriddle, but everytime I sent a lost password request, it would say either my username, or my email address wasnt regeister. So I only know about one.

I'm pretty sure thats it. You can delete it though because my email address doesnt work for it no more. I have no idea why though.

#18 chromatic

chromatic

they call me space cadet.

• 2,287 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (riddy @ Nov 9 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I have one here, i think the name was Violetriddle, but everytime I sent a lost password request, it would say either my username, or my email address wasnt regeister. So I only know about one.

I'm pretty sure thats it. You can delete it though because my email address doesnt work for it no more. I have no idea why though.

Just a tip- I think this might work better if you PM the admin. wink.gif They might have already seen this but they're pretty busy so chances are it might take a while for them to notice this, and it's a bit more of a hassle in general. smile.gif If you just PM them though I'm sure it'll be fine. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users