#1 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

i'm famous on the internet

• Site Owner
  • 3,156 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

- you must be a member artist
  • to become a member artist, simply read this thread and follow the instructions.
- you do not need to request permission to fill something once it has been posted within this section.
  • some threads will simply be posted here, others will be moved at the asking of the requestor. either way, once the thread appears in this section, you do not need to ask permission to fill it. you should post in the thread claiming the request (say something like "i've got it" or "i'll take this one for you. you should see it in {x} days/hours/etc...) if you have any questions, please ask them - like "i'll take this for you - but did you want that picture of draco or can i use any old picture of him?"
- you do need to claim requests if you intend to fill them**
  • when a request is posted, many artists may be interested in filling it. to ensure that six people don't make graphics for a single request, it is required - or, at least strongly suggested - that you claim a request when you intend to fill it.
- you may only claim one request (in this or any section) at a time.
  • in the spirit of fairness, if there are six open requests in this section, you may only claim one of them at a time. once you have posted the graphic for your claimed request, you may claim another. (i.e., you do not have to wait for the requestor to OK the graphic or to pick it up - simply leave it for them and you may move on to another request.) also, please remember that you may only claim one request at a time, no matter the section (member requests, or specific artist).
- do not claim requests unless you can fill them in a timely manner.
  • stuff happens. i get that. however, barring unforseen circumstances and uncooperative graphics, you will be expected to fill the requests you claim. if you claim a request and do not fill it within the designated time period, the request will be re-opened for another artist, however, if you know that you are unable to complete the request, let the requester (and other artists) know about it so that their request can be filled more quickly. if you frequently claim requests that you flake out on (i.e., just disappear and do not let the requestor know you are unable to fill their request) your posting privilages for this section can be revoked.
- the first person to claim a request gets it.
  • even if you were posting at the same time, the first person to claim a request gets it. even if you were already filling the request, but you forgot to claim it, and someone else claims it in your stead, the person to claim the request gets it.
- if you did not claim a request, but filled it anyway, and someone else has already posted a graphic in that thread, you may not post yours
  • in following with the last rule, if you fill a request but fail to claim it and then realize, when the request is completed, that someone has claimed it, you need to step down. You can save the graphic for another request later, post it UFG or simply put it in your gallery (or save it and wait to see if the requestor declines the requestors work) but you cannot offer it to the requestor and undercut the other artist just because you've already finished it.
- be respectful

Edited by avalanche, 07 July 2013 - 01:41 PM.
updating the rules - (sol) // edited slighty - avalanche

#2 Bouncing Rat

Bouncing Rat
  • 48 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

Does a member artist mean anyone can fill the request? Or do you have to earn the position?

Posted Image

#3 Alora

Alora

misses TDA life. :(

• 6,601 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Not exactly. Member artists can only fill requests if: they are specificaly asked to or you can take requests if they are in the Member Artist area. To be able to take requests when ever you want to, you don't have to earn it, just create a gallery and work hard on your graphics. When promotions come round every month, Admins will go through your gallery, and decided whether you are ready to be promoted to the next level smile.gif

Gallery && CURIOUS? Click!
Posted Image
^Gorgeous signature (and avatar) by the wonderful Jeanie!

Semi available for requests

#4 xx_pumpkinn_xx

xx_pumpkinn_xx

"don't worry, penni has an intimidating aura"

• 1,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:27 AM

ummm... if you don't have a gallery... can you still fill these requests?

#5 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,472 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

Any member who is a member who can make graphics can fill requests. If it's not in the rules, then it's not a rule. wink.gif

ecPUaD5.png
tumblr ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

#6 Guest_GiaM_*

Guest_GiaM_*

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

How do we become member artists?
smile.gif

#7 Alora

Alora

misses TDA life. :(

• 6,601 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

You are a member artist. If you are a member of the site, then you are a member artist. Members ie not junior, senior or staff artists can fill requests in the Member Request Section. No where else.

Gallery && CURIOUS? Click!
Posted Image
^Gorgeous signature (and avatar) by the wonderful Jeanie!

Semi available for requests

#8 Savanna Weasley

Savanna Weasley
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

Hey, could I get my banner request moved the members area? I haven't gotten a response and would like to get it done a bit quicker.

Edited by Savanna Weasley, 06 July 2007 - 01:47 PM.

(\_/)
(0.0)spread the bunny
(> <)92 percent of teens moved on to rap music. If you are one of the 8 percent that rock out every day, put this in your signature.
92 percent of the world's teens would die if Abercombie and Fitch told them it was uncool to breathe. Copy this in your sig if you would be the 8 percent that would be laughing your head off.

#9 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,472 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

Just post in your request topic that you'd like it moved. smile.gif

ecPUaD5.png

#10 Savanna Weasley

Savanna Weasley
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

Will do! smile.gif
(\_/)
(0.0)spread the bunny
(> <)92 percent of teens moved on to rap music. If you are one of the 8 percent that rock out every day, put this in your signature.
92 percent of the world's teens would die if Abercombie and Fitch told them it was uncool to breathe. Copy this in your sig if you would be the 8 percent that would be laughing your head off.

#11 Gia

Gia

waiting for the perfect cat. <3

• 1,284 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Are member artists permitted fill requests in the "Out of Luck" Forum?

Posted Image

Previously known as Tiara.

Lovely profile icon by the lovely Krys. <3

I shall love NUZZY forever the awesomeful blinkie. <3

Posted Image

charity burbage & severus snape | gallery

#12 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,472 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Tiara @ Jul 14 2007, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are member artists permitted fill requests in the "Out of Luck" Forum?

No. They are not supposed to be filled by ANYONE! They are only kept there in limbo so that people don't entirely lose their request before re-requesting.

ecPUaD5.png

#13 serendip

serendip
  • Veteran Artist
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

Um, if we are filling a request, are supposed to change the title to [being filled]? If so, how?

Edited by serendip, 19 February 2008 - 06:50 PM.

<div align='center'> <!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://the-dark-arts...howtopic=61975" target="_blank">gallery</a> | <a href="http://community.liv...m/sky_written/" target="_blank">icon community</a> | <a href="http://ever-tomorrow...vejournal.com/" target="_blank">LJ</a></div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#14 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,472 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

Only moderators do that. So wait patiently until a mod does it. wink.gif

ecPUaD5.png

#15 bellatrixx

bellatrixx

without you, i'll be miserable at best.

• Staff Moderator
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

If we're member artists and we would like to be promoted, how do you make a gallery?

#16 CarrieBerrie

CarrieBerrie

the lonely are such delicate things.

• 4,387 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

You just post a gallery in the Member Artists section of the galleries. This isn't really the appropriate place to post this question, though. smile.gif

hpff sotl (m) gallery
kite flying's for lovers.

#17 rubix_cube

rubix_cube
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

ok, so i filled a request but it was taken off because I wasn't allowed to do it(im a member artist by the way!) I was wondering where I can see if i'm allowed to fill it? is there a little symbol or something?

Available/PM first 

Posted Image

RUBIX

#18 bubblegum

bubblegum

I think I'll try defying gravity..

• 2,684 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

You have to fill it in the 'member request' section smile.gif
Which is here for hpff banners. You may also fill a request if it has your name in the topic title, and is in the specific artist forum (which is here for hpff banners)

Posted Image
blinkie made by nuzzy! and my avatar is by the wonderful Hafsa (fantôme)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users