by Lauralei

Photo

lazy textures?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: lazy textures?

should cat make more texture packs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

what kind of lazy textures? (pick as many as you want)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

make pngs instead y/n?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

So my Lazy Textures series seems fairly popular but I'm a little stuck on where to go next. Most of these are textures I've made for my own use, and then I just post them when I've got a full sets worth :P so I'm not sure how useful they'll be for everyone else? But I've got a handful done in a bunch of different categories listed in the poll, and I'm also open for more ideas/requests! 

(and yes I'm still working on The 100 pngs I should have the next one done soon) season 2 pt one has been posted, but it'll probably take a while before the next ones are up :P

thanks y'all

to do list as of 5/31 (priority order according to votes):
trees
clouds
windows+doors
random lights
city
space
geometric
grunge
hands
colors
lights

Edited by miss atomic bomb, 30 May 2018 - 08:37 PM.

xxm91d.png

catgalleryq&a | semi-available | read the rules

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

YES!

:)

i voted for clouds&grunge&trees&space :loves:

i also voted for both textures&png even though i don't really use them, i think they can be super helpful ^_^

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) (M) || art&fic || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4

#3 Newt Scamander.

Newt Scamander.

Skaikru

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 4,075 posts
  • Vault Points:141

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Sp I totally voted for PNG's, I wouldn't know why or anything? Just seemed legit  :eat: (6 weeks and season 5 airs! aren't you excited? I'm excited!!! be excited with me!!)

But I also love random textures, so I voted for space and lights, grunge... but anything's cool  THE 100!!!!!  Totally will download anything you make ;) :hug:  

amazing set by miss atomic bomb

+May We Meet Again.

RdyZpFo.png
+stories

#4 After Midnight

After Midnight
  • Dark Arts Digest Manager
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

I know this is going to sound weird. But could you also do icon textures (I feel like we don't have enough of those these days) and I feel like your textures would work really well with some icons. Other than that I would love to see more textures, really any of them as I'm always looking for new resources to up my inspo. But I do love City,clouds / smoke, and windows.

pZhaCm.png

gallery // Previously Bullet Proof | Jess // Signature made by the lovely starbuck.

#5 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Well I managed to get the next t100 pack up, so I guess I'll do trees and clouds next! Thanks for the feedback, everyone! 

@Jess, I actually almost put icon textures as an option, so yes, I'll definitely try to make some! What size would be most useful? 100x100 icons aren't really the standard anymore but idk what would actually be useful. And would you want to see the same categories for icon textures?

xxm91d.png

#6 After Midnight

After Midnight
  • Dark Arts Digest Manager
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

I personally like 100x100 icon textures but you could also make them 150x150 and people can scale them down. Definitely I love a lot of line based textures, shapes, windows, color based things (like shapes but based in a specific color) but also open to anything just personally need new textures in general and love experimenting with what ever people come up with.

pZhaCm.png

gallery // Previously Bullet Proof | Jess // Signature made by the lovely starbuck.

#7 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

I've added some icon sized versions of my lightning textures +here ^_^ and I had more tree textures than I thought so those are up now +here, and I made an icon set out of those too. I've got them in separate sets of 100x and 200x, so hopefully between those everyone who wants to will be able to use them! I'll try to make icon sets as I go :)

I'm going to leave this up for however long and just remove options as I get to them, I think, so pls continue to vote/comment!

xxm91d.png

#8 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 3,179 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

remember yesterday when you closed the tab on the long post you were writing well just now my stupid mac did one of it's stupid trackpad things and thought i was trying to go back a page and i lost my post .____.

OKAY SO. i will take anything you share with us because your textures are awesome! but here's what i voted for: clouds, colors, hands, random light, normal light, grunge, windows & doors. my first choice would be the hands and windows & doors because i love working with outlines and also blocks of light that i can set to lighten/darken. the clouds look like they'd be really interesting to work with too since you've set them to a high-ish contrast.

anyway i'm so excited to see what you make!!! :')

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users