1. After reading the rules, copy and paste The Request Form into a new topic, then fill it out, making sure to be somewhat specific as to characters, colour scheme/mood, etc.
Your story must have at least one validated chapter at HPFF in order for you to receive a graphic.
this rule is actually not to be mean - it's to ensure that the time our artists spend making banners isn't wasted. often, people will request chapter images before a chapter is ready to be posted, claiming that the graphic inspires them to write but, more often than not, the stories are never posted and that is a massive waste of our artists time. thus, your chapter has to be validated before we will make the graphic.2. You must include images for an OC or characters who have not appeared in the movies (including Marauder-era characters). If you cannot find pictures, the name of a celebrity/model will also be accepted. The Where to Find Pictures Thread can be very helpful. Never use personal images of yourself or your friends/family on chapter image - that is forbidden at HPFF.
3. If you already have a chapter image for your chapter that is not made by you, please ask the previous artist for permission by informing them that you are interested in requesting a new chapter image. This means that you have received a positive reply from the artist.
artists almost never say "no, you have to keep using the graphic i made for you!" but it is considered polite to both let them know that the graphic is no longer in use (so that they may give it to someone else if they choose) and to ask them if it's OK.4. A maximum of 3 chapter images may be requested in one request thread in order to limit the workload and subsequent stress on artists, and to ensure that the chapter images can be produced within an appropriate amount of time.
5. Once you have posted your request please note the following rules:
- you may only request one set of chapter images at a time (all must be for the same story)
- you may not request a banner via the PM system or receive one via the PM system.
- if your request is not taken by an artist within three days, you may post to "bump" the topic to the top of the list (three days = 72 hours - take note of differing time zones when you bump)
- if your request is not taken after three days have passed, you may also ask to have it moved to the Member Requests area
- please do not PM artists to fill your request. You can, however, have your request moved to the Specific Artists area for that artist.
- Member Artists cannot fill requests in the regular requesting area.
- the artist has three days in which to complete your graphic
- if the artist does not post a graphic by the end of three days, you may PM them to check on their status.
- you can also PM the artist if you have changed your mind about images, the title, etc.
- if you like the graphic, please post to thank the artist or to say that you are taking it.
- always credit the artist in your summary (ex: "banner by fred").
- always rehost your chapter images.
- if you do not like the graphic, you may ask the artist for changes, or ask to reopen your request.
This last set of rules is very important! If you do not treat the artists with respect, you will receive a warning from the staff.
You will have 7 days to collect your completed graphic before a moderator will PM you a reminder. After another 7 days, if you have not yet collected your chapter images, the artist may remove the graphic and post it in the Up For Grabs section.
** The "main" Chapter Image Requests section is only for Junior, Senior, Graduate, and Staff Artists to fill requests for. Member Artists can only fill requests in the Member Requests area, and members cannot fill requests at all.
Should you have additional questions, please post them in the Question & Answer Forum.
Edited by avalanche, 15 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.