#1 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

8rXzN6P.png

Hello! My name is Veronica, but feel free to call me Ronnie. 

19 || CS6 || INTJ || Political Science + Russian Lit || New York, NY

English // Russian // Latin

I love: Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, The Book Thief, Les Miserables, The Theory of Everything, nonfiction, 

my one-eyed English bulldog (Boo Radley  :loves: ), The Office, Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Nancy Drew, knitting, and Gilmore Girls.

I also enjoy: Cramming too many people + too many fonts on banners.

iaT14ac.png

2dkzsdg.jpg

116i2ix.jpg

wqr0n7.jpg

21n0dur.jpg

2mcsznt.jpg35l84eu.jpg

ejmV5eK.png

VMPVpFs.png

30ufx5k.jpgjttgnp.jpg

kdq4h2.jpg

gzm8bWh.png

tzmdk.jpg pjqBnc9.png

975GmGg.png

29ofoyd.jpg

zckmE4t.png

2i941u0.jpg

21310sh.jpg

NyeI4Uj.png

q2UkVlB.pngq0cmKMv.png

ZZCTqpI.png     bwD3UTd.png

ytrsLRa.png     qtN4dAF.png

01crit.png

Left tor right, top to bottom (just like you're reading): aurevoir, atë, Crowley, Crowley, bittersweetflames, Contour, fiction.saviour

(click for each entry)(thank you all! :loves:)

YZtrIc3.png

Edited by red herring, 10 January 2017 - 12:39 AM.

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

The Tropic of Cancer  ♠  semi-available; pm first

#2 atė!

atė!

goddess of mischief

• Staff Artist
  • 1,338 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

Mineee!!
Will edit tomorrow when I'm not half dead ♡ soooo pretty though :o I love the style :loves:

Posted Image

» || Sally is semi-available. PM first. previously fayeswonderland.|| «
»
c a t c h & r e l e a s e «

#3 dust & decay

dust & decay

everybody wants

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,301 posts
  • Vault Points:1010

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

what a beautiful gallery! :wub:

you have such a talent for text -- i love how confidently you use big, bold characters and colors and combine numerous font faces together and make it work so seamlessly. your work is so warm and lovely and a real pleasure to enjoy. (this, to me, is especially mind-blowing!)

i'll be back on the regular to admire your work!

xx mini

Edited by dust & decay, 10 January 2016 - 04:39 PM.

CALL ME MINI!

GALLERY ] [ TUTORIAL ] [ UFG 1 ] [ UFG 2 ]

Posted Image

#4 satellite

satellite

real poo for my sham friends sham poo for my real friends

• Staff Artist
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

hey there fellow cs major! :loves:

I'm loving the bright, rich colors in all your graphics, and like mini said above, your text is incredible. the text and comp in this+ banner is so lovely <3

keep making gorgeous things! and welcome back :))

ps ur dog sounds adorable :loves:  :loves:  :loves:

|| en ||

KjBz6a5O.gif

9IWFOS0.png

gallery || ufg || stock pack 

ty kay 4 my avenger babies || icon by the lovely rohini!!

#5 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

what a beautiful gallery! :wub:

you have such a talent for text -- i love how confidently you use big, bold characters and colors and combine numerous font faces together and make it work so seamlessly. your work is so warm and lovely and a real pleasure to enjoy. (this, to me, is especially mind-blowing!)

i'll be back on the regular to admire your work!

xx mini

Aw, thank you so much Mini! It means a ton to me. :loves: And I'm so relieved to hear my text is not completely embarrassing, as it has probably been my greatest battle. I've finally just accepted it for the crazy, mismatching jumble that it is, so I'm glad to hear you like it.  :glomp: 

Thank you so much for dropping by! Again, it means a ton.  :wub: 

hey there fellow cs major! :loves:

I'm loving the bright, rich colors in all your graphics, and like mini said above, your text is incredible. the text and comp in this+ banner is so lovely <3

keep making gorgeous things! and welcome back :))

ps ur dog sounds adorable :loves:  :loves:  :loves:

Hi En, it's great to be back! And no way, are you a CS major too? *bows down* (Wait, there's a smiley face for that:  :worship: )

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words; they mean so much to me. :loves: Text gives me heartache and pain on a minute-by-minute basis, so I'm so relieved to hear it's not completely horrendous.  :edward: 

Again, thank you so much for stopping by! :loves:

And p.s., haha, thanks! He's such a pest, but I love him so much.  :wub: 

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#6 ethereal*

ethereal*
  • Junior Artist
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

Hello Ronnie,

your coloring is amazing! teach me  :drop:

I love your icons! and your 'Modern Love' blend is perfection  :loves:

my absolute favorites are your "The Age of Adeline" graphics!  that b&w makes my heart sing, and your comp is magical.  :dumbles:

I'll be stalking visiting your gallery again very soon! 

Love,

-Maya 

Posted Image

-Maya-

gallery

​previously VampireWeekend 

#7 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hello Ronnie,
your coloring is amazing! teach me  :drop:
I love your icons! and your 'Modern Love' blend is perfection  :loves:
my absolute favorites are your "The Age of Adeline" graphics!  that b&w makes my heart sing, and your comp is magical.  :dumbles:
I'll be stalking visiting your gallery again very soon! 
Love,
-Maya 

Hi, Maya! Thanks for stopping by, and for shedding all your love over my graphics. I'm so glad you found something you liked... and I'm especially glad you liked that "Age of Adaline" banner, because anything that's monochrome causes me heartache and pain.  :blush: (the same kinds of goes for the icons, so whew.  :whistling: )
I'm looking forward to your stalking revisiting!

Edited by red herring, 12 August 2016 - 04:22 AM.

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#8 amour.toujours

amour.toujours
  • Veteran Artist
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

So, I stumbled upon a few of your graphics and I had to stop by your gallery. I don't think I've been here before, but this place is so beautiful! I absolutely love your use of texture, it's so unique; plus your compositions are so creative. I especially like your signatures, they are so pretty and different from the usual. Technique wise, your text placement and font choice is spot on most of the time and that's actually a plus since almost everyone struggles with text :unsure:  I can't wait to see more from you soon.  :sean:

vany <3

Edited by amour.toujours, 13 January 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#9 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

So, I stumbled upon a few of your graphics and I had to stop by your gallery. I don't think I've been here before, but this place is so beautiful! I absolutely love your use of texture, it's so unique; plus your compositions are so creative. I especially like your signatures, they are so pretty and different from the usual. Technique wise, your text placement and font choice is spot on most of the time and that's actually a plus since almost everyone struggles with text :unsure:  I can't wait to see more from you soon.  :sean:

vany <3

Thank you so much, Vany! :wub: I've been on a year-long hiatus, so this is my first time back since fall of 2014. Your comments are so kind and make me blush, but they also mean so much to me.  :hug: 

​Oh and believe me, I struggle just as much with text as the next girl. It's just that my sense of urgency is apparently lacking and I sometimes spend 30+ minutes trying to find just the right font. The struggle could not be more real. :P

Edited by red herring, 13 January 2016 - 11:07 PM.

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#10 kitcath

kitcath
  • 313 posts
  • Vault Points:152

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hiiii Ronnie! I'm terribly sorry, I was sure I had posted in your gallery shortly after you went visit mine! I'm rubbish at clicking on that brown button apparently, because I distinctively remember typing a comment -_-

Do I need to tell you how much I love your gallery?! It's perfection. Like, really! I'm blown away by your colouring, comp, text, and the overall smoothness your graphics have. Plus, green and blue are my favourite colours, so I think it's safe to tell that THIS FIRST BANNER OH MY GOD!! Right next to it come the first CI, and, aaaah I just love everything in here.

Can I come and camp here? I won't bother you. I'll just drool. Silently. In a corner. You won't even know I'm here! 

And what is +that perfection? I want it! Also your Anne Franck blend  :cry:

I hope I didn't frightened you off I'll be back soon! ~ 

Catherine

Catherine | Gallery | semi-available, pm first please

Posted Image

Rohini (apsara) made me this beautiful set! :loves:

#11 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Hiiii Ronnie! I'm terribly sorry, I was sure I had posted in your gallery shortly after you went visit mine! I'm rubbish at clicking on that brown button apparently, because I distinctively remember typing a comment -_-

Do I need to tell you how much I love your gallery?! It's perfection. Like, really! I'm blown away by your colouring, comp, text, and the overall smoothness your graphics have. Plus, green and blue are my favourite colours, so I think it's safe to tell that THIS FIRST BANNER OH MY GOD!! Right next to it come the first CI, and, aaaah I just love everything in here.

Can I come and camp here? I won't bother you. I'll just drool. Silently. In a corner. You won't even know I'm here! 

And what is +that perfection? I want it! Also your Anne Franck blend  :cry:

I hope I didn't frightened you off I'll be back soon! ~ 

Catherine

*dies and resurrects herself five minutes later* Thank you so, so much for those kind words, Catherine! You have made my day 100x better. And don't even worry about frightening me off; please come and camp out here! I'll bring you cookies, tea, and books to keep you hydrated and entertained. (Ok, I'm being the creepy one now.)

Again, thank you so much for popping by! :hugs:

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#12 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Hi!!

Just stopping by to say that your gallery looks absolutely amazing. What I see first is the high quality of everything you make and I love it to the bits <33

This signature is my ultimate number one, I can't stop staring at it  *.*

I will make sure to visit your gallery more often <3

remember me to one who lives there
Posted Image
available pm first

formerly horcruxxx // sig by Ess

#13 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

I'm Lost in the Off Topic Section

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 553 posts
  • Vault Points:77

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi Veronica!

You have quite a large gallery! I am truly impressed even though I prefer the smaller ones, this one is nicely organized.

I think out of everything I like your banners best. Mostly because there is such a wide variety of them showing different techniques. The coloring is fabulous and they're very eye-catching. I particularly like this one Here. I am also not a huge fan of the font in this one Here. It just feels like there may have been a better font choice you could have made. The rest of the graphic is beautiful. (I have trouble with font's too) 

The signatures, chapter images, and icons are all really well done! I again, adore the use of color in these. It really catches the eye when looking through the gallery. You do a great job at not over saturating the graphic. 

The blends are fabulous and I am super jealous at how well composed they are. Vibrant is the word that comes to mind when I look at all of your graphics. I look forward to seeing what else you create! :) 

xIjlFOK.png

|| Jenn || Gallery || Available - PM first || Photography ||

*Gorgeous Set By the Fabulous Enigma*

#14 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

Hi!!

Just stopping by to say that your gallery looks absolutely amazing. What I see first is the high quality of everything you make and I love it to the bits <33

This signature is my ultimate number one, I can't stop staring at it  *.*

I will make sure to visit your gallery more often <3

Hey Monika! So sorry for taking approximately ten thousand years to respond to your comment, but better late then never, right? You're too kind though, and thank you so much for stopping by. <3 I'll jump over to your gallery in a few days to see what you've been up to lately.

Hi Veronica!

You have quite a large gallery! I am truly impressed even though I prefer the smaller ones, this one is nicely organized.

I think out of everything I like your banners best. Mostly because there is such a wide variety of them showing different techniques. The coloring is fabulous and they're very eye-catching. I particularly like this one Here. I am also not a huge fan of the font in this one Here. It just feels like there may have been a better font choice you could have made. The rest of the graphic is beautiful. (I have trouble with font's too) 

The signatures, chapter images, and icons are all really well done! I again, adore the use of color in these. It really catches the eye when looking through the gallery. You do a great job at not over saturating the graphic. 

The blends are fabulous and I am super jealous at how well composed they are. Vibrant is the word that comes to mind when I look at all of your graphics. I look forward to seeing what else you create! :)

Hi Jenn! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop on by and look at my gallery, it really means a lot. :loves: Thank you so much for the kind compliments, and also for the constructive criticism! 

​Hoping to hear from you again soon! :wub:

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#15 archer.

archer.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,776 posts
  • Vault Points:170

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

ronnie your gallery is beautiful! -drools- you are super talented and creative. you are now my new inspiration <3

Angie is Available 

YbezebKi.gif

GGPbUuO.png

sig by my little(Vault713)so cuteee Gallery

#16 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

ronnie your gallery is beautiful! -drools- you are super talented and creative. you are now my new inspiration <3

Gah, thank you so much; you're the literal best. :loves: :loves:

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

#17 floralprint

floralprint

resident studio ghibli enthusiast

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

hey, ronnie! i'm here with your gallery critique!
honestly i'm a bit intimidated to be in here. your breakfast at tiffany's uc entry is SO beyond gorgeous, i've been swooning!
i've always really admired your work :loves:

my favorites in here are +this (i love what you've done to increase the image quality, i know working with caps can be difficult for this reason), +this, +and this!
the tops strengths i see are composition and text. your bases are complex and interesting to look at. you implement both stock and textures beautifully. i also love your experimentation with different font types and creative placement.

next i'll address your acknowledged weak points: blending and over-filtering.
if you struggle with blending, you must work extra hard to fix it because i don't see many discrepancies with blending at all. if i'm being nitpicky i'll say that your soft blending looks a little rushed both +here (the woman in the back), and +here (the right side of her hair disappears strangely and goes a bit green? but that could be textures as well). overall i think blending is pretty solid, your hard cuts all look clean. maybe just remember to do a spot check on your soft blending before you upload. using textures and stock to hide lazy blending is also an option that i greatly enjoy :P

i like your filtering overall, that 'moon river' banner is a perfect example of your great filtering. in some instances i do see where sharpening has started to lower the image quality on your faces. +this (mostly just the monochrome girl) and +this both have some pixelly-looking shadows on their faces. too strong of lighting textures over their faces can also be a culprit. sometimes i'll erase a little sharpening from the faces or i'll take the blur tool on a low setting and go over the pixelated spots to smooth them out. i know there's other filters that do this but i'm a control freak and like to manually touch up. as long as i avoid eyes, noses, mouths, jawlines, and hairlines, it works pretty well for me.

another point i'll mention is variety. i see you favor blues, greens, and yellows (you're excellent at these), so i'll challenge you to use some different colors :) especially in your banners!
you've given us a taste of how you execute simplicity in that orange audrey hepburn signature and fanmix, and i'd love to see more :sean:
also watch for skin tones. the audrey on the far left in +this banner is greatly lacking in yellows in comparison to the rest of the characters on the banner.

you asked for suggestions for what you could get rid of at the end, so here we go.
+this banner. it's lovely, but the contrast levels are inconsistent and i think you have stronger banners. the blacks on the left and right edges are nice and dark, but the girl in the center looks flat because the shadows in her hair are not as dark and don't match.
+these icons. the coloring and filtering are beautiful, but there is not much variation in the cuts, and i think the icons are left wanting for some text or stocks or textures to break up the monotony. i'm almost hesitant to even include these because they are lovely and take up a large amount of your 'icons' sections, but i don't think they show off enough of your skills.
+this blend. your composition is on point, but the contrast levels and image quality i think are what's throwing me off. the girl has much stronger contrast in comparison to the men, who could really use some darker shadows. they also look like they are screencaps, which is probably contributing to the image quality issue.

i hope that this was somewhat helpful for you and that i wasn't too harsh :loves: :dumbles: you have a GORGEOUS gallery and i'm excited to see more!

-ash xo

Edited by floralprint, 27 August 2016 - 02:33 PM.

| ash | available xoxo |

wPjTcFC.png
| gallery |

#18 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• TDA Superstar
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

lroN20a.gif

Hey Ronnie!

Just dropping by to leave you a bit of holiday love on your gallery!

I have to tell you that your gallery is one of my absolute favorites. I love your style and coloring so, so much. Your graphics all have this crisp, vibrant look to them.

Your header/subheader set is lovely. I have a soft spot for Fantastic Beasts, so I was super excited when I saw them. Your Newt Banner, your Fantastic Beasts blend, and your signature are all lovely as well. The reds, golds, and blues in them are really vibrant.

I also really like your Fanmix cover. The teal coloring with the mono is a really pretty combo. It almost has a sort of vintage 60s feel to it.

Wishing you a happy holiday and a New Year filled with great things!

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users