June 2013 YBW Senior artist - 1st place {entry}

Color me this! challenge - 2nd place {entry}

[M] The rain, hail, or shine signature challenge - 1st place {entry}

DLleu0s.png

Crowley

Contour3_zps266a61bc.png Contour2_zps4fdeb41a.png Contour_zpsf89f2210.png

all by Contour

+CREDITs

Edited by Elenia, 21 September 2016 - 02:52 PM.

+ c r e d i t s +  ||  + H P F F+ 

H A N N A is available-ish ^^ PM first || Gaby's twinee <333

Posted Image

+   a   c o n f l i c t e d   a n d   b o r i n g   s o u l   +

#2 eons.

eons.

SECRET TUNNEL

• 656 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

fIRST

meena, pm first

Posted Image

Gallery.

#3 bewitching.

bewitching.

we’ve found our destiny

• Master Artist
  • 1,733 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

TWINEE <3

I love all of the graphics in your gallery.

Jealous much of your multiple people on a graphic skills.

Your colouring is gorgeous as ever!

I shall be setting up camp to make sure I catch all your pretty new graphics.

- Gaby

qo3vey0.png
call me Gaby   photoshop  GALLERY PM for requests  unavaliable

#4 baekhyun!

baekhyun!

always thirsty, never classy

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,274 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

hey there hanna! i'm here with your critique. sorry it's taken a while, so, without further ado, let's get started, shall we? ^^

pros; 

you have a really innovative way of placing text; i like how not all of your graphics just place text in certain horizontal areas that are "normative" to how a graphic should look. you always find new ways to place text, and i can see it in this and this, especially. 

your comp is really fresh and your texture and stock integration in one graphic is superb!

areas for improvement: 

- text highlighting -- i noticed that some of your text can, at times, be a little difficult to read. of course, experimenting is good, but you also might need to take a step back and reconsider how someone who is new to your graphic might look at it. i guess it's good to keep in mind that not everyone will understand where you're coming from and what the intention of certain techniques are; for instance, in this graphic, i understand that it is supposed to be about kylo ren, but to someone who hasn't seen star wars, it might not make sense (it might read like "kryelno"). in this graphic, there is text behind the "while burst," i believe, but I can't discern it; i might spend too much time trying to figure out if that's a word, or not, or if it's just there for texture. also, in this, the "s" is not very clear, because the whiteness of the "A" overpowers it; i initially read it as "a hot". 

------> maybe you could address this by highlighting certain words, and separating them from other parts that have text; that way, your readers can discern each word you've put forward in the text, despite one being the title (to make them more clear, you can just make them larger, or make the color of it brighter/more eye-catching, while the subtext could fade into the background). 

model placement -- there are times where your model placement is a bit clumpy, which might make your graphic look a tad messy. for instance, in this graphic, you have three people clumped in the same place (the man with the hat, the face behind him, and the smaller model to the man's right). while it's good to have a focal point, putting too much in one area can make your work a bit crowded, and the negative space suddenly doesn't work in your favor, because some parts might look too active, and other parts might not look like there's much going on. this graphic also has too many people in the middle; while i, again, understand that it is meant to be for focal point purposes, the unsaturated model in the background makes for a rather messy middle part. 

------> you could try spacing your models a little more, and putting them in more dynamic places. for instance, if one model is smaller, it would look better as a "prop" rather than a focal point; you could put it somewhere close to one side where not much is going on, or even integrate it in with a stock or texture (an example is when smaller models are on archways/doors/stairs etc). 

i really like your base composition, hanna; i really loved looking at your gallery! i hope i helped in some way; if you have any questions or any clarifications/reactions, please feel free to pm me! <3

for_life_by_baekyoong-datr894.png    

aimee | available (pm first) | you can call me m o n s t e r;+

#5 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• Senior Artist
  • 1,674 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

lroN20a.gif

HI Hanna, 

Just dropping by to leave a bit of holiday love on your gallery. 

Wow! You have such a beautiful style. I love how most of your stuff has a sort of dark edginess to it. You use a lot of really interesting images of people that are really attention catching. It gives everything a really cool vibe. I also really like how you add pops of bright color into the darkness. 

Your Inhumane poster is so cool. I love how minimalist it is and how you used that bright red text against the stark white background. It really pops. 

Your Delin Moteru CI is another really interesting image. The comp on it is so creative and I love the color palette on it.

Wishing you happy holidays and a new year filled with beautiful things! :hug:

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users