#1 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

constant as a northern star

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

hey I'm Keeley I've been graphicking for about four/five years now 
I like poems and ponchos, my favourite graphics colouring is blue/purple :)

and I'm trying to incorperate the word 'chiggo' into the English Dictionary

before I die.

At the moment I'm at uni studying Writing and English. My tv shows are The Office and Game of Thrones

and my favourite Films are Pan's Labyrinth, Life is Beautiful and Cloud Atlas. 

Now I've gotten that off my chest this is my gallery! Thank you for stopping by :wub:

banners-2.png

please don't judge me but banners are my favourite things

20hDpX9.png

RJYdpaR.png

wfBcrGf.png

Tn0zUSA.png

CzdzUcl.png

9DcuPDR.png

MkbIzY7.png

9j6JE3F.png

rNgcUkK.png

Lo7ttRY.png

naNatqi.png

hmMHty1.png

fJQlC0X.png

Ifonly_zps4704809b.png

1fisjo_zpsb92617ee.png

bannerspas500t_zps55149d77.png

signatures.png

signatures come second to me after my love for banners

which is why it's anybody's guess as to why they're the 

second thing in my gallery ;w;

997qZqV.png

s6vTV7v.png

G6BQn2T.png

AYcWIWY.png

JlGc7AS.png

merp_zpsce1118e4.png

GlhSBLA.png

icons-1.png

also sorry not sorry for making all of these into easy to view small

lumps of icon sets but i like to look in my gallery from time to time and

see that i've actually made icons so i leave them for all the world to see

iYv5XJB.png    GAVNEnO.png

kptbu7v.png

lHBN8Cc.png

ace_zpseef87b15.png

chapterimages-1.png

chapter images: i want to like you, i know you like me
but frankly it's not been the same since i made that one
kickass ci as a member artist three/four years ago. i 
think it's finally time we admit to each other it's time to 
call time of death on this relationship.

9orTluT.png

cicolour_zps9c2bee6f.png  ci_zps5a6f909e.png

blends.png

ey6GRny.png

Lyra7Cv.png

W8MMyLX.png

+HP WALLPAPER+ 

+BLEND+

awards.png

{2nd place in the little blend challenge} +

eDWXG.png

2z82r2a-1_zps7d514d43.png  xc6pmf.png

28muyp.pngild6xu.png septemberybwbright.png

YBW: Nala
JR: Mercury
SR: Mercury
Grad: Contour
Staff:  Contour
DMA: Crowley

credits-1.png

+CLICK+

resources.png

Edited by hashtagponcho, 24 November 2015 - 03:59 PM.

Keeley ~ available (pm first)

GqlCFLv.png

liquify tut ~ barney & lyra on pw ~ gallery

#2 just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree
  • Senior Artist
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

First! :dance:

What is this witchcraft?! :drop:

Okay, so your style is just. Just. :dumbles: Magick.

And everything is perfect in here. Your coloring, your comp, your texture use... :cry:

Edited by just.a.willow.tree, 03 February 2014 - 08:05 PM.

eva  the memory of trees
Ug8Lya1.png
* Leviathan! is the best ;;

#3 toasty

toasty

n. lollipop toast

• Senior Artist
  • 1,039 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

SECOND 8DDD

dear keeley,

your banners are amazing and so is that lyra sig and that last CI and those marloes icons and dem blends and

yes u perfect

I love your comp and coloring, but your texture use especially is always so interesting to look at and just ur A+ my friend <33

- ari :"3

ariie; i will fill the sky with vibrations & waves.

N6fhPTj.png

( semi-available / #graphics / pw: james ex. / pm for requests )

#4 rainbowprism

rainbowprism

• 769 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

i get third??!!!!!!! wowie

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah your gallery is such a pretty thing<3 i love it

#5 catharsis

catharsis

my world is reduced to a single instinct: survive

• Staff Artist
  • 3,200 posts
  • Software:Paint

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Keeley has a new gallery! :D
Hi! I'm Daisy and I love you. ^_^ Your gallery is beautiful. I love your banners. the first one is just incredible. :drop: It's perfect in every measurable way. Your second signature is really pretty, too. And ALL of your chapter images. hrrrrrrng!
Make more please. :hearts: Like, now.
THANKS! *wave*

-- crystal moccasins, bionic cheese --

i live, i die, I LIVE AGAIN. (except probably not because i'm really busy sorry)

Posted Image

#6 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

hey guys thank you so much for coming in my new gallery and spreading some cheer :3 your comments made me smile so much :D :wub:

much love 

xxx

Edited by hashtagponcho, 25 February 2014 - 10:00 AM.

GqlCFLv.png

#7 narcissa malfoy

narcissa malfoy

ಠ_ಠ

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

hey, girly! first of all, omg ily and MARLOES HORST and i can't believe you came to me for crit because i look up to you sooo much, but that's beside the point, because i am here now! hopefully this helps <3

signatures:

overall, these are super lovely! the colouring and comp on most of them are really nice, but of course, i do have a few suggestions. on the first sig, the brightness of the purple on the main boy is sort of blinding and doesn't quite look right. if it was darker, it might look better, but that's up to experimenting, too. the background purple is nice because the eye doesn't focus on the smaller pictures of the boy. try darker colours when using gradients just to see if it's not so hard to look at.

the signature of dane is also a little off. the comp is nice, but the focal point is spread out way too much. I see the transparent boy between the main boy and the text, but at first glance, you don't see him and the eyes are pulled in two different directions. i would suggest pulling the main boy and the text together, and then putting the transparent boy on the other side of the main boy, just because then there's an actual focal point. again, the colouring on the main boy is a little too blinding and i think a darker maroon/red would make it look better.

the comp and colouring on the rest of them are superb - there's a focal point on all of them and there's nothing terribly distracting going on around the main focal point. the colouring is also really nice because it's bold but not distracting or blinding and there's lots of nice levels! definitely love +this one the most!

banners:

the colouring on most of these is really nice as well. most of them have more than just two colours, as well, which adds something really nice, and there's nothing too light or too dark or too overpowering. the only thing that jumps out at me is the first banner - i know you've tried to stay in the golden colour scheme on the girl, but it looks a bit funny because there's nothing else that's really golden like she is. i would suggest adding another colour to her or adding more prominent gold elsewhere just so she doesn't look so out of place.

the comp on these is nice too, but at first glances, some of them don't really have focal points. on the first banner, i would pull the text toward the girl so it looks more coherent. if you're going to have a quote farther away from the main part of the banner, i'd suggest to make it smaller and with a simpler font just because it tends to draw the attention away from the title and main focal point of the banner. also make sure the colour of the text doesn't blend in too much with the background of the banner, like on the fourth banner - 'skin' almost blends into the background because it's all purple, whereas the other text and the girl are very prominent. i think 'skin' is supposed to be some of the main text, and it sort of gets lost upon first glances.

the focal point of the fifth banner is also a little lost, just because you broke up the text so much. i'm guessing the 'i'll keep you my' is more of a side quote to go along with the text, but because it's part of the same sentence as 'dirty little secret', it makes a bit of a whiplash to drag your eyes so far across the banner just to read the text. if you're going to have the quote as part of the title, i'd suggest putting them closer together, if not directly together.

the comp on the rest of them are really nice, and i especially like the bases! +this is my favourite. 

chapter images:

you said this is an area you struggle in, but i think these are all really nice! the comp is especially great. the first ci is really nice - i like the simplicity and comp of it. the only suggestion i have is to the move the girl and boy farther apart. her shoulder stops in the middle of his body, and it looks a bit off that they're so close together. both of them are also much closer to the left side of the graphic, and it balances the graphic better to have everything really even, especially when the whole focal of the graphic is centered so much. i'd suggest moving the boy out so that his head ends closer to the end of the circle so that he matches the girl.

the second one is really nice. the only suggestion i have is moving the text closer together. i said earlier that having the text too far apart when it's part of the same sentence gives a bit of whiplash, and that's what is happening there.

the second last one is very nice, if not just a little cluttered. it might just be my own personal preference, but because you can't really see any definite lines on the main girl, she sort of gets blended in with the background too much. it's also a little hard to see the text on the coloured ci, so i'd suggest putting a shadow or black outline around it just to make sure it can be seen. it doesn't have to be anything big, just a subtle hint that there is text there. 

the last is quite creative and i really like the text - none of it is taking away the focal point, but the bigger girls seem to be placed awkwardly. i think if they were made to be part of the background it would look better, just because i'm assuming the smallest girl is supposed to be the focal point. a different colouring layer or a texture over the other girls would really help to bring those out. the colouring on this is also a little plain, but i do appreciate those every once in a while!

the colouring on all of these are really great! +this one is my favourite! 

icons:

you said this was one of your weak points, but i think these are really good! the cuts are great, and so is the colouring, but they're a bit plain. simple colouring icons are super great, but they don't really fit with the rest of your gallery because you have such great texture usage in all of your other areas. i would suggest slapping different textures over the icons just to see what it looks like. add text as well. i like that you did some of that in your ace ventura icons, but do more! make some with light texures over it, hardcut little people on them, use stock. experiment a lot and you'll find out what works and what doesn't. also experiment with colouring - having regular skin tone colours is cool, but when you have a cohesive set, nothing sets them apart quite like colouring does. 

my favourite icon out of the whole bunch is the 'alrighty then' one (ps i love ace omg i'm having a heart attack)

blends:

these are suuuper lovely in every aspect! i love the creative comp of them, especially the one of zachary. i know where the focal points are and there are some great elements to them. the colouring is great too, because soft colouring can be quite nice and you really pulled it off. i don't have much to say about this section!

+this is my favourite.

you said you wanted to focus more on colouring, but i think you have a really good handle on it! there's just a few places where the colour blinds out the details of the graphic or borders too much on becoming an inverted image, and sometimes, those things can be used to your advantage, depending on the graphic, but that's often not the case. experiment more with colouring and mono, but there's a lot of variety with colouring styles, so there's not much else i can say!

chapter images are my favourite thing in the whole world, and i think you've got a pretty good grasp on them, too. just think of them as mini blends (... if you like blends lols) they work best for me because of my simple style, but they definitely hold a lot of potential for using lots of different textures. the best advice i can give is to keep it all coherent and equal - because it's basically a square, keeping things sort of symmetrical really helps.

as for icons, just like i said in that section - experiment! add lots of textures and colouring and lights and different cuts. smash two pictures together in one, add borders. spending a lot of time on a single icon really pays off, especially when it's in a set and you can see the different aspects of all of them!

this is super long and probably not even helpful, but i really love your gallery and style! if you have any questions, shoot 'em over <333

- ariel

WHAT A FEELING TO BE A KING BESIDE YOU SOMEHOW

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

hello my name is ariel

pluto mercurygallerymr frankie b

#8 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ariel omg hi! Thank you so much for doing this - and so quickly too :wub: hehe Marloes Horst is just da bomb dot come if you ask me too much luv for dat girl <3 And wtf are you real? I look up to you ;-;

Your crit has been so good, like seriously. You've really helped me with some graphicking issues I've been having lately, so yeah, just want to say thank you so much and if you ever need any crit you just come to me ok <3 thank you again ;-; :D 
Keeley <3

GqlCFLv.png

#9 a.leksy

a.leksy

pew pew

• Veteran Artist
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

can i just casually glomp on every single graphic you have here, gOD GIRL WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO

i love your colouring and comp. they legit spell out perfection and i am deeply saddened by the lack of talent i have compared to urs

can u not

hehe but hi im athirah and im a creepy fan of yours  :loves: 

ATHIRAH

[ GALLERY  / semi-available, pm first / missy made the flawless sig

pqe4p.png

#10 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL BABE.

thank you :wub:

GqlCFLv.png

#11 ledgerlover

ledgerlover

moony

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

oh my god you weren't kidding when you said you had a set of those icons i am DEAD THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE ICONS EVER :loves: 

your banners are absolutely gorgeous, i especially love +this (composition and choice of song) and +this is stunning WOW 

teach me how to make banners :cry:  i am also so in love with your barney tilson banner, i've never seen a banner split in 

two like that and it's beautiful. gosh you are fantastic, keep up the amazing work! :happy: 

dani

Posted Image

GALLERY LJ HPFF

#12 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

I never joke about Ace Ventura. :3

thank you so much! all of this coming from you is v v v v awesome like :33333 eep.

um no you teach me how to make banners pls

ur fantastic. you rule. the end <33

GqlCFLv.png

#13 aurevoir

aurevoir

cassielassie <3

• 1,007 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hey! So, I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I LOVE +this - I'm not sure what it is about it, but I love the style/softness/everything about it. [and of course, it has Harry Styles]

Posted Image

.pompeii  || picture.perfect ||  the writings

available, but PM please!

#14 catharsis

catharsis

my world is reduced to a single instinct: survive

• Staff Artist
  • 3,200 posts
  • Software:Paint

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

When i started reading your gallery title, I thought it was going in quite a different direction. 

+this is really cool. I love the textures you used, seriously. Even if the bit about two inches from the left reminds me of a wheelbarrow. You get me? :P Nah but like those first few banners have such cool and unique texture use, yep. Much jelly. Love +this too. And only about 20% because of Dane. The other 80% is because of your personal flawlessness. And +this one is super cool. Holy crap just scrolled down to your 2011-2013 banners and bloody hell so many banners in your gallery oh my god and such old. You realise it's 2015, right? Get with the program, loser.

Love the sig of the dude snorting a pen, by the way. Many creative, such unique. +this is actually the prettiest thing ever, though. And I love the colouring and stuff on +this too. And +these icons are hella sweet. Dem colours tho. Yeah, idk, basically you're pretty awesome I guess. 

I'll come around and fix your shed this weekend. xoxo. You supply dinner. 

drA5B91.gif

-- crystal moccasins, bionic cheese --

i live, i die, I LIVE AGAIN. (except probably not because i'm really busy sorry)

Posted Image

#15 sail boat

sail boat

florence is bae

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,859 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

k can you go pls :) :) :) :) :)

this is actually probably the hardest gallery comment I've had to make out of all of the 20 gallery comments I said I'd do for people ;__; just because I really am SO speechless and seriously cannot form words about how dope your gallery is man D:

your style????? coloring?? how? lolol

also tbh i remember squeeing some of this stuff so rlly who loved you from the beginning? thats right m e  :creepy: 

your syle is so so so amazing and I want to eat your graphics

that sig for ares and barb????????

your first banner  :headdesk: 

get. out.

tumblr_njw4aihDcE1t3ai1do1_500.gif

MEGGIE

rt2a3YE.png

e. rinaldi + r. everard-xin on pw // thank you to my bae vee for this amazing set

#16 hashtagponcho

hashtagponcho

• Staff Artist
  • 997 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

hello ms featured artist! n,n

no way are you saying this shiznit to me D: you're dope dude you are omg omg omg omg /fans self

sorry i will not believe the fact you squeed me unless you provide screencaps and a 500 word essay on why

love u :wub:

GqlCFLv.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users