#1 moony

moony

I do believe in commas; I do, I do

• Veteran Artist
  • 5,002 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

XMXx84m.png

THE MORE YOU TRY TO CRUSH YOUR TRUE NATURE, THE MORE IT WILL CONTROL YOU.

BE WHAT YOU ARE. NO ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU WILL STOP

sGmU3dW.png

9w2jP4y.png

6bNZTla.png

LIDv8D9.png

SAyQYny.png

QowzxXR.png

jUoIaIj.png

qQKZ9K0.png

TaYAYAd.png

oOTJkyP.png

----I CAUGHT FIRE IN YOUR EYES----

S13rwbB.png

3GhwcIQ.png

----CLICK FOR FULL SETS----

jYgWlH8.png

GDo5Ax7.png

i6oxjLb.png

AKPYOQs.gif

Xz5TBQD.png

ehlu10.png

2hffb.pngDdB0D.png
----CLICK FOR FULL SETS----

FvvIeEm.png

JiflzTx.png

F2ALVcI.png

301envb.jpg

FQaeBLx.png 2zGVIWy.png oy4udlN.png

----CLICK FOR FULL SIZE----

SzWe1qb.png

bUvj1PK.png

best at text and best at banners
XajugdL.png

----CLICK FOR FULL DETAILS----

o7a62Ai.png

----CLICK FOR FULL DETAILS----

EPwBsQh.png

Edited by moony, 08 January 2015 - 03:34 PM.

jess.

ϟ

Posted Image

gallery ϟ available ϟ icon by accursed. ϟ previously Crowley ϟ tumblr

#2 aliquis.

aliquis.

Resident Nature Nerd

• Veteran Artist
  • 338 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

How do you graphiiiiiic?!

Your banners especially. The comp is to die for. I'm so jealous. 

Can you teach me thy skills? 

And the text!!!! :O

Guess I have another gallery to stalk! Keep up the amazing fantabulous work! 

:D :D :D

Also! FIIIIIIRST :)

Edited by ColouredSkies, 31 August 2013 - 03:36 PM.

P  O  L  L  I P O P     //     FORMERLY C O L O U R E D S K I E S

Posted Image

^^ carla (bittersweetflames) loves me almost as much as I love her ^^

our eyes are blind ; but the heart sees || DA RESOURCES

#3 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

hey jesssss :)

i just wanted you to know that i stalk you and love all of your graphics :wub:

#4 Peter Quill

Peter Quill

Witch of the Wilds

• Graduate Artist
  • 915 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

JESS!! I'm loving the new gallery. Your coloring is what really stands out. It's dark but not to the point of too much. I'm still a big fan of your icons. I love how simple the coloring accents the images. I'll eventually come back when more is added but top notch as always <3

-Meghan

Meghan ♣ Available(PM first) ♣ cs6 ♣ 2 @PW  Gallery

hPn5qe7.png

twitch(12+)  ♣ set by me 

#5 rock&roll!

rock&roll!

tda's biochemist-to-be

• 482 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hai Jess

Your graphics are an inspiration. Everything you make is exciting and dramatic and beautiful and, rather than intimidating me, makes me want to open photoshop and create something!  I'm always honoured when you make me a signature or something ^_^

And I'll be back looking in this gallery. A lot.

<3 Zoe

zoë!
Posted Image

gallery: we are stardust. & available but rusty & sig by me & they/them/their pronouns & ant crawford on pw

#6 atlas.

atlas.

hello, starshine ♥

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm sure you hear it all the time -- and if you don't, I'll fix that for you.... -- but seriously, your style is so inspiring. I love love love how crisp and clean everything is; it honestly blows me away every time I see something by you. :wub: Your coloring is just so clear -- but not, at the same time? It's smooth and just truly beautiful, and I'm so glad you keep making graphics, because I genuinely get so happy when I see something by you. ^_^ <33

gallery

Posted Image

formerly everafter. sarah. pm for availability.

#7 invidia

invidia

I love music <3

• Senior Artist
  • 872 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Jessssssss <3

Just, your coloring :wub: I love it so much <3 It's so beautiful! Your style is so unique, and I honestly wish I could make graphics like you <3

You're so inspiring and I love stalking your work ♥

~Bar

|| 23 ||  

xpEbycW.png

#8 just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree
  • Senior Artist
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

I love the softness of your graphics and the boldness of your text. :wub: Everything you make is so pretty! :D

eva  the memory of trees
Ug8Lya1.png
* Leviathan! is the best ;;

#9 Little Plebe

Little Plebe

Madam Worksalot

• 2,299 posts
  • Location:1A Forlorn Apt, Desolate Street, Depression Point, Wretchedland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

*lets herself in keeping her head in a deep reverent bow*

*attemps to kiss Jess' feet*

:P

Hi I'm Tahi. And I just want to say that you're killing me with all the awesomness in your gallery :worship:

Your banners are fantastic and your Daphne Thomas sig takes my breath away... but the real

gem is that chapter image. It's just so beautiful that it draws my attention to it again and again.

I first saw the CI in the challenge poll. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen!

I had to vote for it and than I saw that poll you posted in Help Me Choose and I knew you made

the CI. So I came here... to see if there was more awesomeness where this came from :D I wasn't

disappointed. Your gallery is wonderful If I made graphics like you, I'd be the Queen of the World

right now :P

#10 peculiar julia

peculiar julia

j'en ai marre

• Veteran Artist
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hi Jess, here with your critique! So sorry I'm late - I've had a pretty busy month and totally neglected my online double life :c

general overview

Technically, I think you're very good (your blending is impeccable, and your graphics are really creative) but there's two things you could improve that jump out at me when I look through your gallery. The first is your use of fonts, and the second is your filtering. As for the first - you use a lot of fonts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in itself, but sometime's you're using about three or four different fonts per graphic and I think this is just a bit too much at times. Your text placement is excellent, but sometimes it's just a little too busy. When you've got each word in a different decorative font at different sizes, it makes them compete for attention - e.g your 'blood shadows & moon' CI - there's four different fonts there, at the very least, and I find it actually makes the title a little hard to read. I see the word 'moon' first, then 'blood' (because they're both the same sort of size, and 'moon' is brightest') then the word 'shadows', even though they're stacked in a totally different order. Same goes for your 'I'll wait for you' and 'no ordinary love' banners - I read the titles in totally the wrong order because the varying fonts and colours almost confused the meaning. Sometimes you really do pull this font variety off, though, like your 'end of days' banner - the colouring makes the text very cohesive and the quote is well spaced. Same goes for the 'flawed design' banner - 'flawed' is largest, but 'design' is at the same angle as the girl, which works really well compositionally. 

As for filtering, I'd say that you're definitely using it well, but it has the tendency to be a tad overbearing now and again. The 'no ordinary love' banner, for example - the boy's face looks a little too smooth and plastic; the contours are just a bit too simplified for him to look natural. I'm not sure if it's filtering or over contrasting, but there's the same problem on the 'this devilry' banner - the picture of the girl is just a bit too simplified and she's lacking some definition, especially on her arms. 

Overall, though, this is a really nice gallery (and you win brownie points for having In The Flesh graphics [thanks for making me want to weep into my keyboard and create parenthesis within parenthesis]) and I can't find much to critique you on! If you feel you're at a plateau and want to break out of your comfort zone, I can try and suggest some challenges for you?

- Almost all your gallery is dark; try making some light, washed-out, pastel-toned graphics?

- Try making something without using stock or textures; just people and text

- Make a few things where you limit yourself to just one font, or all text on one line, etc

- Make a graphic using purely abstract textures, or angular/architectural stock (no flowers, clocks, nature, birds, curtains, lightning bolts)

hitch or ditch

Definitely keep your 'flawed design' banner. It's so creative and the composition is great (my only criticism is that, on the right, a tree seems to mysteriously blend into the girl's knees). Also keep your Penelope Collins signature - the stock use is really nice, the colouring is beautiful, and it has a lovely textured grainy look.

Consider getting rid of your 'how to keep a secret' banner - there's too much going on with the text, and the background is too loosely blended to be fully cohesive. 

Thank you for requesting critique, I'm just so sorry it took me this long to get around to it!  :loves: 

○ overgrown ○ 

Fhboqk1.png

HPFF ○ GALLERY ○ CRITIQUE

#11 lazy bones

lazy bones

I Am Heaven Sent

• Master Artist
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I am in love with your Signatures, the blending for the play-bys is awesome.

I am also love the chapter images. Can't stop staring at them.

ask me a graphic ?;; available by pm;; ashley;; gallery

#12 blueberrynights

blueberrynights
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/301envb.jpg - this is glorious.

#13 stardusted*

stardusted*

tu chantes du yaourt

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

hi jess!

i've been here so many times, i figured it was time to stop creeping around and say hello :P

your gallery is so stunning and such an inspiration :wub:

i especially love how creative everything you make is, your composition is always so amazing.

and your style is so elegant and sophisticated and absolutely gorgeous, i could camp out here and stare at your graphics all day :loves:

hi i'm sheryl! ♥ 

Posted Image
set by paper doll || stars, hide your fires 

#14 ChloeAmaranthaVergis

ChloeAmaranthaVergis
  • 31 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

:O The signatttuurrrreeesss. So gorgeous! They have such a mysterious and magical feel! Ish perfect ^-^

27pl.png

Made by the fantabulous Eva! (WillowAryaCyrilla)

#15 Ande

Ande

tda's resident killian jones

• Veteran Artist
  • 5,870 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hey Jess, just dropping in with a friendly reminder to include your most recent gallery update date. ^_^

Also, you're perfect. I would like to be you. That is all. <3

a gypsy is a gypsy is a gypsy
Cy3GFXB.gif

they'll steal the rings from your fingers and the love from your heart

#16 abovethestars

abovethestars
  • Junior Artist
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

I've got no idea how you manage to fit so many people into a single graphic and make it look real.

You. Are. Awesome. :drop:

-Lynda

#17 catharsis

catharsis

my world is reduced to a single instinct: survive

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,200 posts
  • Software:Paint

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

omg Jess, your gallery title. This is my new favourite thing.  

So looking through your banners, it's kind of like a game of "try to count how many people are on that banner" and it's actually insane. How do you fit so many people onto one graphic and manage to make it look not the least bit cluttered at all? :drop: Seriously unfair. I think +this is probably my favourite banner, because I love the colouring and the composition and that text. But mostly the colouring. :wub: +this is my other favourite for all the same reasons, but I think this one actually wins, because it gets +1000 points for shirtless Colton. :D I also really love +this because the colouring is so soft and pretty. And +this because it's so vibrant and intense. +this is incredible as well, ugh. *now shipping* And your from scratch things are so cute, especially that dinosaur! (make more dinosaurs.) 

But mostly yay gay. :P 

zRFvCgn.gif

:hug:

-- crystal moccasins, bionic cheese --

i live, i die, I LIVE AGAIN. (except probably not because i'm really busy sorry)

Posted Image

#18 Antiquity

Antiquity
  • Graduate Artist
  • 4,478 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

So if you don't mind I'm going to run off with some of your graphics. :hide: Starting with...well, the first one. Because that No Ordinary Love banner is just... *dies.* Also, the coloring on your CI's are absolutely lovely, and I think it's awesome that you can do both light and dark stuff..I love the We are Young sig especially!  :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users