5sSOuSI.png

FeymiBG.png

jwou9vd.png

KaeRvC7.png

HNZxvuz.png

2gidFHs.png

jYFAaqZ.png

selcyHz.png

Edited by hannibal, 23 June 2016 - 05:27 PM.

This is my design

Posted Image

Ranier & Pascal -- Georgie -- UNAvailable, PM first -- Previously Schultz. -- Salazar

#2 siren'

siren'

geronimo

• 272 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Heeeellloooo! You made a gallery and it's gorgeous :3 ( :headdesk: )

I actually really, really love your coloring and your blends are so cute! Especially +this one. Even if the text is a little pixel-y, the coloring and stock use is really good! 

Check out the challenges and the tutorials.. and just stay awesome ;)

Message me if you need any help with anything or even if you just want to chat  :hearts:  :glomp:

-- a r i e l --

#3 hannibal

hannibal

eat the rude

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,051 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hello!! Thank you for your feedback, I've been wanting to create a gallery for ages...

I know, I have yet to conquer the woe that is text, but I'll definitely check out the tutorials!

Thanks! :wub:

This is my design

Posted Image

Ranier & Pascal -- Georgie -- UNAvailable, PM first -- Previously Schultz. -- Salazar

#4 kate.

kate.

boop

• Senior Artist
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

hello there :)

I need to get it out of my system that your current sig is flippin gorgeous. But your newet sig...hngggg that coloring is my favorite :blush:

I really need to say that I'm so impressed you have lots in your gallery and it's all so lovely! I feel like that was my biggest issue - actually making things for my gallery. Well, it kind of stills is but I'm getting a bit obsessive about it. It looks like your doing lots of playing around that's really good. Experimenting helps me a lot. And yes, text really is a huge pain. My biggest advice is coloring and composition. You have a few pieces that I think are great, but with a bit of coloring it could be even better! Coloring really helps tie the whole graphic together. I'm a photoshop user so I won't be any help in suggesting techniques for your program but there are tons of tutorials.

Again, you also have a few pieces that I really like but the composition throws me off. Focal point is a big thing. For example, in your castle on a cloud blend - I love the look you're going for but I feel like though the images do go well together in a sense that they have sort of a theme but they're do spread out aross the canvas; my eyes dart from one to the other because I can't find a place to focus. There are quite a few tuts on comp too and I know I found them very helpful! Same with looking at other artists' galleries for inspiration. Even though some people have graphics that make me wonder if they're gods or something ;) don't let it discourage you - I like take their concepts and play around until I come up with my own. And the critique corner is AMAZING. There's always a lovely artist ready to help anyone out.

I hope this comment was helpful (sorry it's so long!) I look forward to seeing more :) Feel free to PM me for a chat or anything, I feel like TDA is my new home and I love meeting new people!

-kate

:wub:

Edited by 365daysdone, 16 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

formerly 365daysdone & 365kate. 

gallery

#5 charlottetrips

charlottetrips

tda's resident nerk

• 951 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

I really like the number of graphics you have in this gallery! It's really showing that you're getting your skills polished up :D

+This must be my favorite out of everything here. Keep on going!

char  CS fabness by legendson

Posted Image

fanfic

#6 hannibal

hannibal

eat the rude

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Eeee thanks for all your feedback!! :wub:

I definitely do still struggle a little with composition and text, but I gave some of the tuts a go and they're helping, I think.

Thanks you guys!!

This is my design

Posted Image

#7 dittany.

dittany.

hello sweetie.

• 383 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hii! Since you posted on my gallery I thought I'd check yours out and gosh- it's gorgeous!  :drop:

I love the variety in your signatures, (and everything, for that matter) and this one is definitely my favorite! The coloring in the "Quadrophenia" icons is really fabulous! I definitely think one of your strongest points is text, something I definitely wish I had. 

Keep doing what you're doing, dearie!  :hyper:

~Anna

#8 hannibal

hannibal

eat the rude

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

D'aww thank you! :'D It's so lovely to get positive feedback! :wub:

~ Dep

This is my design

Posted Image

#9 Yellow

Yellow

Watching shows while posting.

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

HEyyy! Your gallery is so full of stuff, great stuff. I especially love your banners. They're so pretty.

It's interesting how scrolling back up your gallery, the growth (especially seen through the sigs since there's so many of them) is really apparent. Keep up the great work! :D

This gallery is obviously your design (*wink wink*) :P

Amal // Awesome Twins - AKA Alishya's Twin
Posted Image

50 Books | 100 Movies | I am available for requests | Gallery

#10 envoi

envoi

arty farty kitten party

• Veteran Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi Dep! Laura here :)

Oh my god, your gallery is so prettyyyy! :O I love your banners, they're just so amazing.

Your whole gallery is so variated, yet you have a style that's easy to recognize. Just brilliant!

Keep up the amazing work! :)

gorgeous set by paper doll.

Posted Image

Laura is available tumblr  gallery

#11 rainbowprism

rainbowprism

• 769 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

hi hello are you a my chemical romance fan because if you are that's awesome

uh your gallery is awesome too!! your bases are incredible (:

#12 peculiarme

peculiarme
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hey there! :D

You left such a lovely comment in my gallery, I thought I'd come and return the favour :)

My favourite thing would definitely have to be +this because the composition and base is just yummy and I have never worked out how to do that cool liney thing round the outside and just YUM!  :drop: I realize I said yum/my twice - I must be hungry :icecream:

Courtney :)

Posted Image
I'm Courtney. Available - PM first. HPFF Gallery

#13 hannibal

hannibal

eat the rude

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

*SQUEE*

Thank you for the lovely comments, guys :loves:

I've never been a huge fan of banners tbh but now I might have a bit more confidence in making them!

And @findasecretgarden, I am, I am indeed :edward:

This is my design

Posted Image

#14 milominderbinder

milominderbinder

they don't allow you to have bees in here.

• Staff Artist
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi! I came to check out your gallery since you posted such nice feedback in mine, and wow, your work is really beautiful  :laugh:

I love your sigs, and how you can see how much you've improved in some of them, but I think my favourite is your blends! Especially this because, like, phwow, the colours, and the composition of the base is so interesting and pretty :drop:   I love how it's kind of simple with just one main image and the text, but the base means it's still gorgeous to look at.

Have you tried any tutorials or mock prompts yet?  They've really been helping me, and the mock prompts are super fun!

-Maia 

maia; 

minor piano keys semi-available (pm first)  artist Q&A ★ up for grabs

Posted Image

sig by my brilliant little buddy, stille nacht!

milominderbinder @ hpff, hpfftalk & ao3 /  blue stark & ozzie song @ pottersworld     

#15 yeongu

yeongu
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Why haven't I stumbled across this gallery? As I always

stated to every GIMP Users. "I admire you because you

can use GIMP just how PS users does. For others, who

didn't use GIMP from the beginning, may have a hard time

coping and getting used to the settings. So Kudos to you!"

-Tanni

Posted Image

#16 BB-8

BB-8

Kaiju Groupie

• Junior Artist
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Georgieeeee  :glomp:

Just realized I never left a comment at your gallery, how rude!!! :yes:   But here I am to change that  :kiss:
Anyway .... getting back to the point of why i'm here :P Your graphics are super pretty :loves:  :loves:  The colouring is just so shiny  :edward:
One thing though, I would watch, for Image quality, and for texture over the people on the sig ;) Other than that, you seem to be on the right track :D
Another tip, is maybe try and experiment a little more with composition, while I think it's really lovely, mainly on your sigs, diversity can be a good thing!!  ^_^
You also get extra brownie points, because you use gimp, I never got the hang of that ._.

And mainly just keep making pretties, because I wanna keep on stalking them  :sean:
~ Vicky

ft7HhWA.png

arrietty.@ tda

#17 SwissMiss

SwissMiss

not currently active

• Veteran Artist
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hi there, I was just going through galleries and you have some gorgeous pieces in here! I think your gallery would be much better positioned, though, if you took out the pieces that are maybe older and not as strong.

I hope you don't mind, but these are the ones I'd take out if I were you:

- Dreamer banner (coloring is washed out, overfiltered, text is hard to read and placement isn't the best)

- Billy Goats banner (image quality is low, coloring is uneven, text is hard to read and again not the best placement)

- Textless sig (image quality suffers from coloring and overfiltering, blending is a bit fuzzy in places)

- Hannibal sig (coloring uneven, composition becomes uncertain around the edges)

- Wings sig (text is weak, girl's image quality not optimal)

- All of your icons. The image quality is poor in many of them, and the coloring is not even within the sets. The cuts are repetitive, especially in the first set, and the text doesn't complement the images. Truthfully, you don't need icons for promotions. You have enough other great graphics.

- Playing with Fire CI (composition is stilted (would be better with one or the other person smaller), text not great, blending around the boy is a bit fuzzy)

- Scorpius Malfoy CI (image quality isn't optimal, text pulls too far to the right and I didn't even see the LONE for the longest time, blending slightly fuzzy)

- Stars Fires blend (image quality, text, coloring)

- Surrender the Night (composition, overfiltered (skin too smooth), coloring, text)

- Glorify Yourself (... this must have been one of your first pieces? ;) )

- Sophia CI (oversharpened, text isn't great, blending slightly fuzzy)

Even if you take all of those out, you will still have enough graphics, and I think really the ones that represent your best work. Again, I really hope this is okay, I know you didn't ask for a cleanout from me, but I see so much potential in your gallery and I'd hate for it to be pulled down just because you feel that you need to have lots of graphics in every section. Your work is great and deserves to be recognized. :)

Got GIMP? Get G'MIC
Posted Image

Sig and icon by Arielle!

Click image for gallery // No specific requests, please

#18 hannibal

hannibal

eat the rude

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thank you all for your positive feedback!! :loves:

@SwissMiss wow! Thank you for taking the time to do all that! I have been thinking about having a clear out but I was worried about not having enough graphics, so I have sort have been replacing them every time I make something new. But as you guessed most of the ones you picked out are actually pretty old... :tongue: Especially the first two sets of icons! But if you think that there will be enough without all of those then I'll definitely start taking them out!

Thank you again, that was really helpful :loves:

This is my design

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users