6 replies to this topic

#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,466 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

If you have downloaded image packs from TDA that were posted before the copyright rules were tightened in September 2010, please save yourself a lot of trouble and go through those packs carefully to weed out any images that are or may be copyrighted. This will require you to research the various sources for images and ensure that those sources allow the use and reuse of their images in graphics.

This will primarily be an issue for Stock Image Packs (rather than those for people and films/TV shows). Unless the artist who posted the image pack took the pictures themselves, assume that any image is a potential copyright violation. There will be obvious "safe" images from Deviantart accounts that have "stock" in the name, images from stock websites, etc. but images from flickr and from other Deviantart accounts may get you into trouble, so it is better to take the time and do the research rather than find yourself warned, demoted, or banned here on TDA.

We will be removing old image packs from the site and will be scrutinizing other stock packs very closely. Please avoid posting stock image packs that contain images you yourself have not taken in the future unless you are 100% certain that all the images it contains are safe for sharing.

ecPUaD5.png
Fanfiction ~*~ Gallery
not available for requests

#2 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

If I downloaded before Sept 2010 and it has a credit list is that still okay or is it not okay? I downloaded all of Karen's Image Packs and I want to make sure.

Edited by Saranghae, 17 April 2012 - 01:36 PM.

Angie is Available [Formerly known as Saranghae]
marinawhoopwhoop.png
Avatar by me and Sig by me    ^_^ Gallery

#3 .asperity

.asperity

lost in you ♥

• Staff Artist
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Karen's Image Pack's all have the appropriate credits within it. I know in a couple she has provided a helpful image that lists all of the credits in the pack - you could link to that. Or if you want to list them all in your gallery, or on a livejournal, account that is fine as well. Just make sure not to just say 'Karen's Image Pack'. ;)

There are some older packs that didn't have any credits at all in them, those are the ones to worry about ;)

Edited by .asperity, 17 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

gallery  -  unavailable - stories

#4 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ah, okay. Thank you!

Angie is Available [Formerly known as Saranghae]
marinawhoopwhoop.png
Avatar by me and Sig by me    ^_^ Gallery

#5 Athymia Paradise

Athymia Paradise
  • Member Artist
  • 203 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Is there anything in Nuzzy's Image Pack that I should take out? I'm particularly sure when she posted it and whatnot :)
Thanks!

Hi I'm Jayla, formerly known as Chocolate_bunny! I am now Athymia Paradise. Beware.

EXOSig_zps8e331206.png

+Gallery

#6 Crowley

Crowley

An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards.

• Administrator
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Within Nuzzy's pack there is a txt file called 'IMPORTANT FROM NUZZY' and at the bottom of that there's a list of credits, which corresponds with the names of individual folders so you know which is which :) However, be wary- she does state in that note that there are some things that she does not know the source for, and you must not use those unless you can identify them, and credit accordingly ^_^

Edited by BL/ind., 14 August 2012 - 12:13 PM.

gallery ϟ unavailable ϟ jess

sQKxgXu.png

av by mysteryof@lj. - sig by felis catus

#7 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Staff Artist
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

If you are looking to add new image packs, you should seriously consider uploading them to TDA Resources instead. More information on using that gallery can be found here.

I only mention this now because I've finally had the chance to upload a pack of my own to the site, and it's a safer upload then sendspace or mediafire. :)

ecPUaD5.png
Fanfiction ~*~ Gallery
not available for requests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users