- BLENDS -

e7ywd1.jpg

8zr1xk.png

nqrzok.png

ae8l50.png

- MANIPS -

29p9mdu.png

- CREDITS -
If you recognize anything that's not listed here, please let me know!

deviantART
yunyunsarang @ deviantART Butterphil @ deviantARTblackcatme @ deviantART Ransie3 @ deviantART orbitingasupernova @ deviantART innocentLexys @ deviantART Martini-Tiger-Bianco @ deviantART bluesse @ deviantART mellowmint @ deviantART Vinsanto @ deviantART Malleni-Stock @ deviantART So-ghislaine @ deviantART ll-AranzA-ll @ deviantART anamcr @ deviantART lookslikerain @ deviantART abscenced @ deviantART Miss-deviantE @ deviantART blackyaisa @ deviantART night-fate-stock @ deviantART exclusivestyle @ deviantART Kiho-chan @ deviantART tainee @ deviantART PannaHerbatka @ deviantART mercurycode @ deviantART NYVelvet @ deviantART seunghor @ deviantART resurgere @ deviantART hadania @ deviantART LuchareStock @ deviantART dbszabo1 @ deviantART sadistik-stock @ deviantART erdmute @ deviantART Lill-stock @ deviantART moonchild-ljilja @ deviantART empty-paper-stock @ deviantART maeappleseed @ deviantART Sathirien @ deviantART LadyxBoleyn @ deviantART lorddarkwolf @ deviantART Sergiba @ deviantART AshenSorrow @ deviantART wyldraven @ deviantART Sangiev @ deviantART M3los93 @ deviantART nikkieinsomnia @ deviantART
ll-black-star-ll @ deviantART hyperboreans @ deviantART 9-liters-of-art @ deviantART

tumblr

neverlands- @ tumblr

-redux @ tumblr
planets-bend-between-us @ tumblr

shocklock @ tumblr

slayground @ tumblr

colouresource @ tumblr

flickr
TheTherapist @ flickr

fdecomite @ flickr

nagillum @ flickr

livejournal

nivani @ LJ

pandavirus @ LJ

TDA

Caren's textures @ TDA

Violet @ TDA

Karen's imagepack @ TDA

.asperity's imagepacks @ TDA

Wendy's imagepack @ TDA

other

99mockingbirds

allnightnoise

shadowoftheday

mongrelminds

the-leaky-cauldron

homeofthenutty

tda resources

Edited by loveatfirstview, 20 August 2014 - 01:03 AM.

CALL ME Leo | semi-available_________we have both been here before

2d81jlh.jpg

#2 divergent

divergent
  • Senior Artist
  • 331 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

hi! welcome to tda! :D
and wow, your gallery is really good!
your icons are really soft and pretty and your colourization :wub:
i also like your emma stone graphic

since you only have one banner, you should try building up that section.
although i like the one you have right now, the background is a bit plain so try adding some stock :happy:
other than that, i really like your gallery! :)

-Sarah :]

s a r a h

previously strawberries

Colorscopy.png

- colors bursting from your eyes -

#3 loonylove

loonylove
  • Junior Artist
  • 61 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hello! :hiwave:

You can really tell that you’ve been making graphics for over 3 years- you’re so good! All of your icons are very, very pretty, in both colouring and placement. :wub: Your banner is really interesting to look at and even though the text goes over her face, it still works and looks very nice. :D

The composition and colouring of all your graphics are very good! :D However, I have a little bit of criticism for the first signature; I think that the ‘so accusing, their eyes’ part stretches out a bit too much and takes away the focus on the girl. Maybe you could put that part on two separate lines, make the text a tad bigger? Feel free to ignore my suggestion, as I probably have no idea what I’m talking about. xD

When I reached the end of your gallery, I was like, ‘What? No more? :sad:. You should make more graphics for me to look at, as you’ve got yourself a gallery stalker! :sean:

Edited by loonylove, 17 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

{Chrissie}{Gallery}

#4 Caaitiee

Caaitiee
  • 49 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Wow I love your gallery!
I am going to try to contain myself because everything I was about to say was going to be rambling gushing about how amazing I think all you stuff is :wub:
Your colourisation is amazing! I attempted my first one the other day and completely failed so I'm like woah at the moment!
Your icons are really pretty too :)
I love all of your other stuff too, so I'll leave it at that rather than saying it individually :P
I'll certainly be back to look at your gallery again :)

Ooh and I don't think your name sounds weird, I think it's pretty :)

Edited by Caaitiee, 16 April 2012 - 07:02 PM.

HeLikesToPlaySigedits.png
dance like nobody is watching.

#5 veilles

veilles
  • Junior Artist
  • 215 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Hi! You left a comment on my gallery so I decided to come by and return the favor :happy: Your gallery is amazing! I'd have to agree with loonylove and say that the placement and coloring of your icons are really good! I also love the Emma Stone graphic, and your colorization is fantastic!

I can't wait for you to make more lovelies and put them up in your gallery :wub:

Bea || 18 || Semi-Available (PM first)
-slooowly rebuilding my gallery as of 03|25|13-
21dr2pt.jpg
( This space here looks empty so I shall fill it up wheee )

#6 enchantedx

enchantedx

Arashian.

• Junior Artist
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wow, your gallery is great. I love your colouring, and you I can see you like textures- I do, too! I can tell you're not a beginner. For advice, I'd just do more banners because the one you have now is :wub: i'm also jealous of your icons. Right now i'm in a rut when it comes to Icons! But yours are awesome.
You have to update with more stuff soon :D

My gallery

available

#7 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Staff Artist
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Oh, thank you all so much for the comments <3 mady my day(s)^^

Sarah - thanks for the welcome and the lovely comment! :) As for building up the banner section - I'm on it :D and I actually did use stock this time, even though I mostly work with textures ;) thanks!

Chrissie - Thanks to you too <3 I'm glad you like my stuff, and the first signature..I get what you mean and I'm not sure about the text myself, but I tried so many different placements and sizes etc, and I just couldn't figure out which would be the best way to do it, so I just sticked with that^^ Maybe I'll just lessen the oppacity of the font a bit, who knows, perhaps it'll work :D Again, thanks so much for commenting :)

Caaitiee - Another lovely comment, thank you! :) Don't worry, you'll get better at colorizations, my first one kind of looked like an alien :D
Haha, thank you, I just meant that my name probably sounds weird to most of you because it's german, or french, or whatever, I don't even know^^

Bea - Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting, I appreciate it! <3 :)

enchantedx - Thanks so much for commenting! <3 Yes, I do love textures :) I use stock as well, but by far not as often ;) As for icons...I know what you mean, I always have periods where it works doing them and then there are loong times where I can't seem to make a single one :D
And I did make a new banner, but it's kind of the complete opposite of the other one^^

2d81jlh.jpg

#8 Bear&Fox

Bear&Fox

lilacs stick with lilacs

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

hey leonie (: I'm here for your crit!
before I start, I have to say, you've got some great stuff in here,
and it's very exciting to critique you as, you've got lots of textures & I hate stock :dumbles:

weakest + strongest techniques
hmm, you don't have a huge amount of things to judge from, but I think your weakest technique is probably image quality. This advice I find myself giving to almost every artist I critique, so I feel a little silly saying it again, but I think it's key to great graphics; make sure you are using the highest quality pics you can. It's 100% worth the effort to spend the time to find the best version of a particular photo that you like. I've gone through dozens of Emma Watson galleries before, to find the highest quality copy of this one photo P: Make sure you are also not over sharpening, as piece like this+ and this+, look as though they may be :/

your strongest technique I think is your colouring. I love what you've done here+ here+ and here+. The softness in those pieces is lovely.

weakest + strongest graphic types
Sigs I think are your weakest type of graphic, and mostly because the ones you have at the moment are quite weak :( The colouring in the first is very pretty, but the hard cut is quite jagged. .asperity did a great tut on hard cutting here+, and they've used a great technique that helps with the harshness that can occur with this type of blending. (the same thing I can also see on this banner+). The text on the first I think could also be a little more interesting. If you have a liking for plainer fonts, that not a problem, just make sure that the simpler ones are what suits the graphic, rather than use them because they're the easiest. ^_^ (lol, that's advice that I've been given, because I love my Times New Roman and sans-serif fonts ><). The issue with the second sig is mostly the poor quality photo. If you can't see specs of white in the person's eyes, it usually means it's low quality. The blending in this is also quite messy. So yes, work on your sigs, pay some attention to this part of your gallery for a bit :)

the best section in your gallery I think is the icon section. They're all lovely, and have interesting cuts and colouring. From here you should experiment with some text and adding some more boiiizzz. Variety = win <3

weakest + strongest pieces
I think the following are your weakest pieces; this+ (over sharpened, and colouring is a little harsh), this+ (poor quality and blending) and this+ (I'm really hesitant to name this piece, as I definitely don't think you should remove it from your gallery, it's just the text over her face is quite distracting :(, otherwise I'd list this as a stronger piece)

strongest pieces; all of your icons, although this+ and this+ (great colouring and cuts - you may want to keep them on one canvas though, as your gallery is limited to 50 images, and individual icons make up that number pretty quickly), this+ (interesting colouring and textures) and this+ (cute composition and pretty colours :loves:)

overall
so you said in my thread that you don't specifically know what you need to work on - can I suggest to just make a whole heap of things, keeping image quality in mind and work on filling this gallery up. I have a feeling that almost everything you'll make will be better than the last, and you'll improve pretty quickly, because it seems you have most of the basic down (just keep working on blending!). With what I think should go, I'm hesitant to say as you have only a few images in here. If you want, feel free to PM me before this month's promos and I can come back and tell you then ^_^

I hope this'll help you (:
the style you have going is interesting and a bit different,
I really look forward to seeing it develop.
good luck in the upcoming promos, PM me with questions etc.,
- ellie :hug:

♥︎  ♥︎  ♥︎

ordinary love

ZgncS8o.png

pm for requests

#9 impossible girl

impossible girl

Everything is SOPHAX && nothing else matters

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Your stuff is great :) I really like it!

NEW gallery+ // previously heartfelt. 

4GSBm6F.png

#10 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Staff Artist
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

ellie - oh my gosh,thank you so much, you're AMAZING! what a ridiculously quick and awesome critique, it's really very helpful! <3
I'll keep everything that you said in mind and will work on those things! and change a few graphics :P also thank you so much for the tutorial link, it's great, I fixed (or at least improved) the pieces with the shagged hardcutting :) and I will add boys and text to the icons :D
again, I can't thank you enough! <3 :hug:

pheonixn - thank you! :)

2d81jlh.jpg

#11 empyreal.

empyreal.

twerkyreal aka turkey real

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

WOW your gallery is so gorgeous! your composition is always so creative and amazing :drop: your icons have such awesome cuts to them (for lack of better word :P) and i really love your amanda banner and love at first view sig. you handle simplicity really well :happy: I think my favourite though has to be the nataliya CI (i think it's a CI?) because the b&w with the dash of colour is just gorgeous and the text fits the mood so well :loves: and your colourization is so vibrant and beautiful! (i should learn how to do those XD) anyways keep up with the great work :)

Posted Image

call me grace  :) available but pm first | sig by avalanche

female oc's ufg | gallery | author's page

#12 indiana jones

indiana jones

left side, strong side

• Junior Artist
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

You are amazing. All the love<3

Seriously, though, I love love love the simplicity of some of your things (the B&W banner!<3) and those icons are killing me. Your Amanda banner and username challenge signature are my favorite things in here.

Keep it upp~ I'll be checking in again ;)

again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away
155i649.jpg

INDIANA JONES | gallery | lovely signature a present from Sarah! (Holden) | CAROLINE

#13 marina.

marina.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

:O Can I hug you? This is ALL amazing.

Angie is Available [Formerly known as Saranghae]
marinawhoopwhoop.png
Avatar by me and Sig by me    ^_^ Gallery

#14 Guest_sherlock_*

Guest_sherlock_*

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

oh gosh, I was just swinging by here out of curiosity and I have to say that you have a gorgeous gallery - your sigs especially look enough to eat <3

so yeah...random comment is pretty random but keep it up because I wanna see mooooar :wub:

#15 Vault 713

Vault 713
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi there! Lovely gallery :D
Your icons are so great! They have such interesting and unique crops. The colorings on awesome as well :3
Wow! That colorization is fantastic!! I imagine you had to have a lot of patience to complete that but it's so wonderful! <3
Can't wait to see more!

f2n1a8.png

Previously jonasfiesta: Not Available : Ashley! : New Gallery Soon..hopefully!

#16 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Staff Artist
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Grace - Thank you so much for the comment! Too nice :wub: The Natalia thing isn't a CI, I made that a long time ago, back when I didn't even know Chapter Images existed :D But it kind of looks like one, you're right :P

Caroline - Tanks so much for the lovely comment! <3

Saranghae - No, I'll hug YOU! :hug: Thank you! <3

Maisie - You can keep the random comments coming, I don't mind at all :P Especially coming from a staff artist :blink: Thank you so much! <3

Ashley - Yes, the colorization took me ages, and I'm not a patient person at all :D But I managed it somehow :P Thanks a lot for your comment! <3

- here with 3 new banners :) -

2d81jlh.jpg

#17 enchantedx

enchantedx

Arashian.

• Junior Artist
  • 975 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I had to come stalk again and omggg your new banners :drop:
How do you even do them?? they're seriously amazing! all of them
you will go far, i bet by few months you reach staff because you improve a lot already so it wouldn't surprise me at all :wub:

Edited by enchantedx, 02 May 2012 - 12:27 PM.

My gallery

available

#18 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Staff Artist
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

Mariam - ooh, thank you so much for the lovely comment :wub:
I'll be eternally happy if I make staff someday and I don't think that would be in a few months :laugh: But thank you! <3

2d81jlh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users