4 replies to this topic

#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

It has come to my attention that some members here have been taking graphics, but have not been crediting them to their creator. Please remember that all the artists here work on a volunteer basis. They like making graphics and do so for the practice - they do not get paid or reimbursed for their time! To take their work without crediting is rude and ungrateful.

If you are caught not crediting an artist for their work, you will be warned and if you're known to never credit graphics, then you're less likely to get your requests filled. To get something, you have to give in return. Please be courteous to the artists who make graphics for you and give them the credit their work. All it requires is a quick "[artist name here] made this!" in your signature or summary.

If you see anyone not crediting work either at another forum or at HPFF, please contact a staff member here at TDA.

Please take this post seriously. The staff, mods, and I will not hesitate to warn you.

Posted Image
tumblr (M) ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

#2 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

Another reminder!

There are issues at HPFF about banners being resized by members, either to stretch to 700 pixels in length or to simple make bigger for some unknown reason.

Please do not do this ever!

You are taking someone else's work of art and defacing it. Would you stretch the Mona Lisa? I think not. Banners that are the wrong size are removed by HPFF staff and if, in the summary, the artists' name is there and the banner is too big, that makes it look bad for the artist when, indeed, it was the author who messed things up.

If you are caught doing this, the HPFF staff will report it to me and you will be warned! If you do not like the size of your graphic, simply ask the artist to change it.

Posted Image

#3 Caren

Caren

i ain't dead yet!

• Veteran Artist
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

It seems that a few of you have forgotten this. How hard is it to add, signature by BillyBob in your signature summarys?

If you can take the time to place the image there, you can take another second to credit tda's artist. As you know, we aren't getting paid for 1-3 hrs of our time to make graphics for you.

Credit icons too. I don't know who whispered in your ears that its fine to disregard credit for icons. A couple of requesters have done so to me however, I seriously don't care anymore but, other artist here do and they deserved recognition.

So please, do your part and credit our wonderful artist. I'll make this a sticky too for those of you who's hard headed.

corean | gallery

Posted Image

#4 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

Another bump. Probably the people who break this rule don't even bother reading these notices, but I can always try.

Please remember to always credit people for the use of their graphics. The world may be a stuck in a "me-first" "take everything" sort of society, but those rules don't apply here. Be polite. Be friendly. Be generous. Be thankful.

No one needs a banner, a chapter pic, or a forum set. You want one. Therefore you have to be ten times as nice about getting one.

Posted Image

#5 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

If you receive any graphic from the artists of this forum you must host the image yourself. That means saving it to your computer, uploading it to a hosting site, and using that image code for the graphic - not the code the artist has used when they posted the graphic in your request topic.

And if you don't happen to know what it means or how to do it, then you can read one of these articles found here and at HPFF:
Ergo, you have absolutely no excuse to not know what image hosting is and how to use it. Myself and various artists have been contacting a great number of requestors who are currently stealing the artists' bandwidth (which is particularly troublesome for the artist if they have a Photobucket account). Any requestor who does not bother to host their images will be added to our list of Violations and will find that their graphics are mysteriously deleted.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users