not at all surprised to see you promoted, amy! enjoy your new blue ^_^

<3 cat

Thank you so much! <3

B9yuJGv.png
ahhhhh your stock use is fantastic and i dunno if that means
much from someone who absolutely cannot use stock but still
it's brilliant, especially here and here  :loves:  :loves:

keep up the good work and enjoy your new colour  :dumbles:
hope i'll see more of you and your graphics around!
xx aria

Thank you! Stock is a nightmare to put together! It's the second worst thing after text :P 

5RYanFY.png

Amy! Congratulations on your promo this month! As soon
as I saw that first banner in your gallery, I knew you'd be
moving up! You have such a great use of color, so I'm
sure you'll be moving up again in no time. :) Enjoy your
new color!

- Katlynn <3

Thank you!! I don't know about moving up again :P That sounds scary! (even though I was SA once)

hi amy i'm baaack!
and I'm so excited to see you got promoted I am not surprised at all.
and I absolutely love that bellarke sig you did, it's super prettty!
you definitely deserved this promotion, keep making more ^_^
and have a little gift too!
bQt6tAfP.png

- hannah

Hi again!! And thank you so much!

amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
its great to see you back at graphics again AND YOU GOT PROMO'D ASDF 
SO EXCITING! 
your stock use is lovely, and you have a great sense of comp rn - i can't wait to see what else you come up with! 

here's a lil gift from me to you <3 
xYUVnez0.png

Bex! I'm so happy to be back making graphics! I was also super shocked to get promoted within two weeks of putting a gallery up!

Thank you so much!!

Edited by caomoyl, 05 June 2016 - 10:21 AM.

amy. +watching it burn previously caomoyl

vBHhsb.png

| +Artist Q&A | beautiful signature by starbuck.! | +Trophy Shelf |

#20 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 3,113 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

congrats on your promo!! <3 keep up the amazing work

FzykCzL.png

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#21 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts
  • Vault Points:1381

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

congrats on your promo!! <3 keep up the amazing work

FzykCzL.png

Thank you! <3

vBHhsb.png

#22 magnifique.

magnifique.

mrs. daisy ridley

• 1,317 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hey Amy!

First off, congrats on your promo (though I'm a little late - oops!)

Second, I really love your gallery! You play around so much and that's so cool; I love seeing a lot of variety in a gallery. And omg your text, I love how you aren't scared of big chunks of text because I know that's definitely something I'm afraid of  :ermm: 

I think my favorite piece in here is this+ sig because green is such a hard color to do well and it's flawless here - not to mention that text. Woow!  :caren: 

I can't wait to see more from you because I'm sure it'll be awesome! And I can't wait to see how your style grows and develops. :loves:

-Julie

just puttering around

julie. 23. she/they.

cDwmZ7w.png GRuW7nO.png VOAoMwH.png

| pw - Delanie M. & Zach F. & Aurora M. |

#23 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hey Amy!

First off, congrats on your promo (though I'm a little late - oops!)

Second, I really love your gallery! You play around so much and that's so cool; I love seeing a lot of variety in a gallery. And omg your text, I love how you aren't scared of big chunks of text because I know that's definitely something I'm afraid of  :ermm: 

I think my favorite piece in here is this+ sig because green is such a hard color to do well and it's flawless here - not to mention that text. Woow!  :caren: 

I can't wait to see more from you because I'm sure it'll be awesome! And I can't wait to see how your style grows and develops. :loves:

-Julie

Thank you so much! Text drives me up the wall, but when it goes right, it's a really good feeling! Chunks of text is kind of my go to when nothing else seems to be working though :P

Green is hard! And I still have no clue how I managed to make that signature work :P Sometimes those things just happen!

vBHhsb.png

#24 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

Off Topic Mod

• Member Artist
  • 684 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:197

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hi Amy!!!

I really like your gallery! I feel it gives a great sense of who you are as an artist!! Since I tend to like the galleries that aren't overloaded with the maximum amount of graphics because they feel more intimidating and lose that intimate feel, yours is perfect! :) 

I really think it's intriguing how each of your banners change as I scroll down. Bold, Soft, Bold, Soft, etc.. I can see a great range here with contrast and colorization. I also like how each of them is composed. I can tell that they are well thought out and planned. 

Your vertical banners are so lovely! 

The signatures are soft and I like the composition and text. 

Your chapter images are also well composed. I really like the first one, but feel that the second is a little too contrasted. I would have liked to seen a little bit more color to it. It does give a mystical feeling though with the higher contrast.

Your blends and colorizations are so wonderful! 

Keep up the fantastic work!! :)

Posted Image

|| Available - PM First || Gallery || Jenn || Photography ||

*Amazing Signature by: milominderbinder*

#25 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Hi Amy!!!

I really like your gallery! I feel it gives a great sense of who you are as an artist!! Since I tend to like the galleries that aren't overloaded with the maximum amount of graphics because they feel more intimidating and lose that intimate feel, yours is perfect! :) 

I really think it's intriguing how each of your banners change as I scroll down. Bold, Soft, Bold, Soft, etc.. I can see a great range here with contrast and colorization. I also like how each of them is composed. I can tell that they are well thought out and planned. 

Your vertical banners are so lovely! 

The signatures are soft and I like the composition and text. 

Your chapter images are also well composed. I really like the first one, but feel that the second is a little too contrasted. I would have liked to seen a little bit more color to it. It does give a mystical feeling though with the higher contrast.

Your blends and colorizations are so wonderful! 

Keep up the fantastic work!! :)

Hi! Thank you so much!
I like the amount of graphics I have in here too. I tend to take one out as I add a new one so that is always stays like this (unless I don't want to remove any :P)
I keep experimenting with both and can't decide what I like more so I just go with the feel :P It's a complete coincidence that they alternate :P Whenever I'm making a banner, I tend to go through and try to pick out a whole bunch of images that would go nicely together on the base and then try and put them together. It's not often I have to back once I've started and find more.
I made that second CI so long ago that I probably hadn't even figured out contrasting so it might just be how the images were. Idk. But I totally see what you mean.

Thank you!

vBHhsb.png

#26 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

hey little buddy :sean: im sorry im late with this, I've had a lot on - but IM HERE NOW! Got some bexcellent crit coming your way. Now in your form you said text is your weakest point (as you've mentioned in many a skype conversation.) - so we'll be talking about that, composition (mainly sizing) and colouring. First off - idk if you ever showed me this - but what is this banner++ - the colouring and composition is spot on!!! I love the red, and your text - to say you hate it...you did a pretty good job if you ask me!!! You also know I love your 100 blend - I think the comp is very impressive as is your colouring <3 

So let's get started :D 

Text: 

A lot of the time when I've done crit, people ask me to help them with text - even I do when I ask for crit, because everyone has an issue with it. My sister once compared it to drawing, she can sketch in pencil amazingly, but she feels like when she adds colour - she ruins it. A lot of the time she's wrong, and I think that's the same with people on this site. It's just the fear because there's so much to consider with text. So I thought, I'd go over the principles of text with you, so that when you try it next time - you'll be a lot more prepared. 

Sizing - usually text wants to be bigger than everything except your focal point. Your text doesn't work here++ and here++ because it's very long and is the biggest thing in the graphic, or the same size as your focal point. It's not massively bigger though - so it's like there's a lot of people and the text competing for the focal point, and you don't know where to look. Your secret and Lies banner is the perfect size, you've got the ratio right, so try and look to that as an example when you're doing your text. If you need another example take this banner++ I made. See how 'Skin' is bigger than the smaller Karen but the biggest Karen is the biggest person in the gallery? I'm not saying that every graphic should be like that, but it's a good formula I got taught from crit when I was a JA :D 

Font - this was the only other real big issue I saw with your text. You need to choose a font that works with the theme of your graphic. I know you said you don't have a lot of fonts on your current computer, so I would suggest hitting dafont and going on a font download spree. With this++ banner, I'm not too sure about the font choice. With stock it's always best not to go with bulky fonts, I try and go with pre installed or scripty fonts. With textures I always say go for modern, edgier fonts. As well it all depend on the vibe of your graphic. If it's light-hearted I would for for a nice airy font. If it's angsty, I'd go for script, but nothing too curly and vibrant. Your 'Sleep Well' banner has perfect font choice, it matches the banner and the tone of the entire graphic - so well done on that front! 

Repetition - My last tiny issue with text, is repetition. This could be because of colouring, I'm not sure - but in your banner section especially you have a lot of text that's the same colour. You seem to use warm golden tones a lot (I'm guilty of the same thing!) but, it doesn't show versatility, and can seem like you're playing safe. Try and break out of your comfort zones and work with different things. That's something I suggest when you approach text in general - try to go for new different things instead of playing safe - it can really help and teach you some new tricks! 

------

Composition: This isn't actually a very big problem - but I thought it'd be best to bring this slight issue to your attention. Your composition with people is usually really good, you have a good sense of where to place people in your piece - a good example of that is this sig++, the sizing is really good and I know where to look. In some pieces though, your people can be similar size or height, and it's part of what makes it difficult when you place text - because you don't know where to put it. It happens in a lot of your banners but for example here++ all the Cintia's seem to be the same time, so it can make the graphic kind of flat because your comp makes it lack depth. You could try putting them behind certain stock pieces, instead of having them all in front? It's something I do in case my graphics are a little flat (there's more info on that in my stock tutorial if you need help with that.). To remedy the sizing issue, I would recommend either starting out with your biggest person or putting them in last. If you start with the smaller people first, then you'll know how much bigger your focal point needs to be, and vice versa - however right now they're all very similar in size, which is something you need to rectify :) 

Colouring: Again - you haven't got anything worrying going on here, but these are just a few tips I thought I'd give you. First off, I want you to start looking at colouring tutorials. I'm also thinking of writing one for gimp, because I feel like a lot of gimp users don't try everything and as a result get stuck in a routine and it doesn't help their colouring. Check out gradient maps, colour balance, channel mixer, curves, hue/saturation and a lot more. Honestly there's so much you can play with, and just because we have to use new from visible, don't be put off!!! Colouring is my favourite part, we gimp users just need to lose this fear of not trying stuff out and go for it! What's the worst that could happen, right??? 

Lastly, I would suggest toning down your whites a little. They can be distracting, and are very difficult to pull off (i don't use them because they just don't work for me.) Strong whites can be very distracting on a graphic. You use a lot of white gradient layers, at the bottom of a graphic or use white splodges, I would definitely suggest lowering the opacity on them, because they break up the flow of the graphic. Especially with stock. The whole point of stock is that it flows well and the blending is amazing (which you have a very good grasp of btw!) but it doesn't work when colouring breaks it up, and in your case - it's the use of white :)

overview: 

• watch your sizing, text shouldn't be bigger than focal point, there should be varied sizes 
  • try more with text, bexperiment ;D 
  • font choices are important, base it on the tone of your graphic
  • vary sizing of people in graphics as well 
  • work people into the base rather than putting them on top at the end 
  • use less white with your colouring 

Cleanout: 

one++ - the text is too big, the people are all the same size, and the graphic's a little flat

two++ - font/text is too big for the graphic, very similar to 'mother of dragons' 

three++it's the weakest signature, very simplistic, and the font doesn't fit the graphic

four++ - the blacks are too strong, and the blending of the girl is a bit too sloppy 

bexcellent challenge: 

this challenge is completely optional, but this is when I ask you to make a graphic based on the crit I've given! If you do this challenge, then please send the graphic over and I'll happily crit it for you! I want a signature, using a new font, and using all the above filters I mentioned for colouring (im going to trust that you've used them, you don't need to send me proof!). I would also like the text to be 'weirdo with no name' (yh im currently listening to McFly - what of it :P ). If you complete this challenge like I said, send it over and I'll crit what you've done! 

I hope this helped Amy, and that it wasn't too harsh! If you have any questions about the crit then don't hesitate to ask me! 

Bex

// hey i'm bex // MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first //  that's all (M)

image.png

#27 Holster

Holster

花樣年華

• Master Artist
  • 969 posts
  • Vault Points:561

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:46 AM

Hello Amy! Sorry for taking so long with your crit. :) Firstly, I love that you have soooo many graphics in here! That's awesome :D

Okay I'll just go ahead and start with your weak areas now. ^_^

Composition

With composition, I think an important thing is to have people of different sizes. In some instances, you do have people of different sizes, like in the third banner. However, I think a drastic difference in size could really improve how banners could look. Another important thing to remember is to make sure you don't have any more than one person facing forwards, which could make graphics a little bit flat. For example, in the second banner, both girls are looking facing front, which makes the placement look a bit awkward and a little bit unfitting. This makes the text look a bit strange too. The same goes for the 'Secrets & Lies' banner and the 'Radioactive' banner. Another thing I believe is important is to have people at different levels. Currently, in your sigs, most of the people are placed at the same height. IMO, this makes the focal point a bit obscure and makes a graphic a little bit flat. Also, it is important (how many times have I used this word?? XD) to build up your graphic and layer things. (do I make sense? no? ok :P) What I mean is instead of just building a base and putting your person on top, slowly build the graphic so that your person and your graphic look like they were made for each other. (I don't know how to explain it so I'm just going to leave it like that. :P)

Coloring

Your coloring isn't actually bad, but I just think some of your graphics are a teeensy bit flat or under-contrasted. To fix that, I usually make a new layer on top of all my layers, and the put a black to white gradient from bottom to top and then set the layer on soft light. Play around with the opacity! I don’t use GIMP, but I believe there are also levels in the settings? Just drag the two outermost triangles a bit towards each other, or just play around with those too. 

Image Quality

Just a little nitpicking on image quality for this and this. Make sure to always use HQ pictures!! And be careful with textures on faces. ^_^ Here+ is a great tutorial on image quality :)

You didn’t ask for a cleanout, but in case you do want to remove some graphics, I suggest this+ and this+

I hope this was helpful and not blunt or mean! Feel free to PM me for questions or to complain about how useless this was. :P 

Love,

Charlotte

h5RSnEU.png

previously a little life. | deviantart | char | gallery | sig by Medieval

#28 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• Senior Artist
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

Hey Amy! 

I've just realized that I never dropped by your gallery to leave you a comment, so I'm here to make up for that error. 

At first glance, I'm so impressed by how much you're improving. Your graphics just keep getting better and better. Really good job at continuing to grow and challenge yourself.

Some of my favorite things are your vertical banners. I love the composition on them and the simple focal point. I struggle to create vertical banners with flow, so I commend you on doing so. :) 

My absolute favorite piece is your icon blend. I think it's really cool and unique and I haven't seen anything else on TDA that looks like it. You should be really proud of that piece.

If I had to give you a tiny crit, I'd say that your Chapter Images are your weakest area. You only have two and I feel like the one with the guy and the horse is on a level below where you're currently at. Like it isn't bad or anything, just not quite where I think your current work is. 

All in all, I think you're doing a great job! I'll certainly be checking back periodically to see how you progress along! Good job! 

:hug:

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

#29 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

hey little buddy :sean: im sorry im late with this, I've had a lot on - but IM HERE NOW! Got some bexcellent crit coming your way. Now in your form you said text is your weakest point (as you've mentioned in many a skype conversation.) - so we'll be talking about that, composition (mainly sizing) and colouring. First off - idk if you ever showed me this - but what is this banner++ - the colouring and composition is spot on!!! I love the red, and your text - to say you hate it...you did a pretty good job if you ask me!!! You also know I love your 100 blend - I think the comp is very impressive as is your colouring <3 

So let's get started :D

Text: 

A lot of the time when I've done crit, people ask me to help them with text - even I do when I ask for crit, because everyone has an issue with it. My sister once compared it to drawing, she can sketch in pencil amazingly, but she feels like when she adds colour - she ruins it. A lot of the time she's wrong, and I think that's the same with people on this site. It's just the fear because there's so much to consider with text. So I thought, I'd go over the principles of text with you, so that when you try it next time - you'll be a lot more prepared. 

Sizing - usually text wants to be bigger than everything except your focal point. Your text doesn't work here++ and here++ because it's very long and is the biggest thing in the graphic, or the same size as your focal point. It's not massively bigger though - so it's like there's a lot of people and the text competing for the focal point, and you don't know where to look. Your secret and Lies banner is the perfect size, you've got the ratio right, so try and look to that as an example when you're doing your text. If you need another example take this banner++ I made. See how 'Skin' is bigger than the smaller Karen but the biggest Karen is the biggest person in the gallery? I'm not saying that every graphic should be like that, but it's a good formula I got taught from crit when I was a JA :D

Font - this was the only other real big issue I saw with your text. You need to choose a font that works with the theme of your graphic. I know you said you don't have a lot of fonts on your current computer, so I would suggest hitting dafont and going on a font download spree. With this++ banner, I'm not too sure about the font choice. With stock it's always best not to go with bulky fonts, I try and go with pre installed or scripty fonts. With textures I always say go for modern, edgier fonts. As well it all depend on the vibe of your graphic. If it's light-hearted I would for for a nice airy font. If it's angsty, I'd go for script, but nothing too curly and vibrant. Your 'Sleep Well' banner has perfect font choice, it matches the banner and the tone of the entire graphic - so well done on that front! 

Repetition - My last tiny issue with text, is repetition. This could be because of colouring, I'm not sure - but in your banner section especially you have a lot of text that's the same colour. You seem to use warm golden tones a lot (I'm guilty of the same thing!) but, it doesn't show versatility, and can seem like you're playing safe. Try and break out of your comfort zones and work with different things. That's something I suggest when you approach text in general - try to go for new different things instead of playing safe - it can really help and teach you some new tricks! 

------

Composition: This isn't actually a very big problem - but I thought it'd be best to bring this slight issue to your attention. Your composition with people is usually really good, you have a good sense of where to place people in your piece - a good example of that is this sig++, the sizing is really good and I know where to look. In some pieces though, your people can be similar size or height, and it's part of what makes it difficult when you place text - because you don't know where to put it. It happens in a lot of your banners but for example here++ all the Cintia's seem to be the same time, so it can make the graphic kind of flat because your comp makes it lack depth. You could try putting them behind certain stock pieces, instead of having them all in front? It's something I do in case my graphics are a little flat (there's more info on that in my stock tutorial if you need help with that.). To remedy the sizing issue, I would recommend either starting out with your biggest person or putting them in last. If you start with the smaller people first, then you'll know how much bigger your focal point needs to be, and vice versa - however right now they're all very similar in size, which is something you need to rectify :)

Colouring: Again - you haven't got anything worrying going on here, but these are just a few tips I thought I'd give you. First off, I want you to start looking at colouring tutorials. I'm also thinking of writing one for gimp, because I feel like a lot of gimp users don't try everything and as a result get stuck in a routine and it doesn't help their colouring. Check out gradient maps, colour balance, channel mixer, curves, hue/saturation and a lot more. Honestly there's so much you can play with, and just because we have to use new from visible, don't be put off!!! Colouring is my favourite part, we gimp users just need to lose this fear of not trying stuff out and go for it! What's the worst that could happen, right??? 

Lastly, I would suggest toning down your whites a little. They can be distracting, and are very difficult to pull off (i don't use them because they just don't work for me.) Strong whites can be very distracting on a graphic. You use a lot of white gradient layers, at the bottom of a graphic or use white splodges, I would definitely suggest lowering the opacity on them, because they break up the flow of the graphic. Especially with stock. The whole point of stock is that it flows well and the blending is amazing (which you have a very good grasp of btw!) but it doesn't work when colouring breaks it up, and in your case - it's the use of white :)

overview: 

• watch your sizing, text shouldn't be bigger than focal point, there should be varied sizes 
  • try more with text, bexperiment ;D 
  • font choices are important, base it on the tone of your graphic
  • vary sizing of people in graphics as well 
  • work people into the base rather than putting them on top at the end 
  • use less white with your colouring 

Cleanout: 

one++ - the text is too big, the people are all the same size, and the graphic's a little flat

two++ - font/text is too big for the graphic, very similar to 'mother of dragons' 

three++it's the weakest signature, very simplistic, and the font doesn't fit the graphic

four++ - the blacks are too strong, and the blending of the girl is a bit too sloppy 

bexcellent challenge: 

this challenge is completely optional, but this is when I ask you to make a graphic based on the crit I've given! If you do this challenge, then please send the graphic over and I'll happily crit it for you! I want a signature, using a new font, and using all the above filters I mentioned for colouring (im going to trust that you've used them, you don't need to send me proof!). I would also like the text to be 'weirdo with no name' (yh im currently listening to McFly - what of it :P ). If you complete this challenge like I said, send it over and I'll crit what you've done! 

I hope this helped Amy, and that it wasn't too harsh! If you have any questions about the crit then don't hesitate to ask me! 

Bex

Hey big buddy!

First of all, sorry it took me so long to reply to this (though you know most of my thoughts already). 

Thank you so much for this! You have no idea how much it has helped with my graphic making since I read this, especially with colouring! I've actually started noticing an improvement in myself which is something I normally don't see. I also feel a lot more confident in my graphics!

I've definitely switched off the whites (and have totally moved onto blacks), and have fixed my issue of most of my text being the same colour! I seriously had no idea I did that so I'm glad you pointed it out!

I tried the bexcellent challenge and I'm pretty sure I showed you the disastrous result so we can call that a fail.

Hello Amy! Sorry for taking so long with your crit. :) Firstly, I love that you have soooo many graphics in here! That's awesome :D

Okay I'll just go ahead and start with your weak areas now. ^_^

Composition

With composition, I think an important thing is to have people of different sizes. In some instances, you do have people of different sizes, like in the third banner. However, I think a drastic difference in size could really improve how banners could look. Another important thing to remember is to make sure you don't have any more than one person facing forwards, which could make graphics a little bit flat. For example, in the second banner, both girls are looking facing front, which makes the placement look a bit awkward and a little bit unfitting. This makes the text look a bit strange too. The same goes for the 'Secrets & Lies' banner and the 'Radioactive' banner. Another thing I believe is important is to have people at different levels. Currently, in your sigs, most of the people are placed at the same height. IMO, this makes the focal point a bit obscure and makes a graphic a little bit flat. Also, it is important (how many times have I used this word?? XD) to build up your graphic and layer things. (do I make sense? no? ok :P) What I mean is instead of just building a base and putting your person on top, slowly build the graphic so that your person and your graphic look like they were made for each other. (I don't know how to explain it so I'm just going to leave it like that. :P)

Coloring

Your coloring isn't actually bad, but I just think some of your graphics are a teeensy bit flat or under-contrasted. To fix that, I usually make a new layer on top of all my layers, and the put a black to white gradient from bottom to top and then set the layer on soft light. Play around with the opacity! I don’t use GIMP, but I believe there are also levels in the settings? Just drag the two outermost triangles a bit towards each other, or just play around with those too. 

Image Quality

Just a little nitpicking on image quality for this and this. Make sure to always use HQ pictures!! And be careful with textures on faces. ^_^ Here+ is a great tutorial on image quality :)

You didn’t ask for a cleanout, but in case you do want to remove some graphics, I suggest this+ and this+

I hope this was helpful and not blunt or mean! Feel free to PM me for questions or to complain about how useless this was. :P

Love,

Charlotte

Hi! Thank you so much for the crit and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply to it! I promise I read it when you first posted it!

I've really been working on trying to get people of different sizes into my graphics and it is something I never use to realise. I also see what you mean about having more than one person facing forward and I'm trying to work on that too (though a lot do still end up facing the same direction).

The people needing to be at different levels is a really great tip! Thank you!

I know what you mean when you said to build the person into the graphic. It's something I'm finding hard to do, but I'll get there! (Hopefully.)

I will play around with the contrasting a bit more!

HQ images is something I'm having a lot of trouble with at the moment. I got a new laptop about a year ago and it's got a high resolution screen on it which means I've got to have things zoomed out a lot for it to be 100% which makes it hard to judge the quality. 

Thank you so much! It was definitely helpful!

Hey Amy! 

I've just realized that I never dropped by your gallery to leave you a comment, so I'm here to make up for that error. 

At first glance, I'm so impressed by how much you're improving. Your graphics just keep getting better and better. Really good job at continuing to grow and challenge yourself.

Some of my favorite things are your vertical banners. I love the composition on them and the simple focal point. I struggle to create vertical banners with flow, so I commend you on doing so. :)

My absolute favorite piece is your icon blend. I think it's really cool and unique and I haven't seen anything else on TDA that looks like it. You should be really proud of that piece.

If I had to give you a tiny crit, I'd say that your Chapter Images are your weakest area. You only have two and I feel like the one with the guy and the horse is on a level below where you're currently at. Like it isn't bad or anything, just not quite where I think your current work is. 

All in all, I think you're doing a great job! I'll certainly be checking back periodically to see how you progress along! Good job! 

:hug:

~Kaitlin

Hi Kaitlin!!

I've been slowly making my way thought MA galleries so I'll hopefully be dropping you a comment in return soon!

Thank you so much!

I love vertical banners so much, but making them in a huge pain! Most of the time they just don't work, but when they do, they look really good! 

Partial credit has to go to Bex for the icon blend. It was originally just going to be a set of icons but she suggested I put Eliza on there and it just turned out so well!

Chapter images hate me so much! I made one today for the first time in forever and it was so hard! The guy with the horse one is something I made a loooong time ago, back when I was a MA the first time around (I just checked the file and it says 31st December 2012), but it was always a favourite of mine.

Thank you again! And I look forward to dropping into your gallery soon!  :glomp:

vBHhsb.png

#30 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

RjqBB8s.png

Congrats Amy! Very well deserved promo, 

your continuous graphics especially are really

well done! Enjoy the new blue ^_^

<3 Cat

catgalleryq&a | unavailable | read the rules

#31 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,565 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

xGbbTNx.gif

AHHHHHHHH AMY! Super super well-deserved promo

here! You're improving so fast, and I am loving everything

you've been making lately! I was not even a little bit

surprised to see your name on that list at all. Keep doing

what you do because you're kILLING IT! Enjoy your new

color and keep being perfect! <3

- Katlynn

K   A   T   L   Y   N   N

Posted Image

formerly  ARRIETTY. // visit my  GALLERY

#32 mockingjay

mockingjay

Do You Hear The People Sing?

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,131 posts
  • Vault Points:504

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:35 PM

promo_zpsnundgmss.png

GAH! Amy I'm super happy for you, Congratulations!!
You totally deserve this, your improvement in the last month 

has been incredible and your continuous base banners are

to die for (:
Well done, I can't wait to see what you do next <3

~Grace

Grace||Semi-Available||PM first ||Stunning set by alison (and peggy) <33

Posted Image

+Forever Fallen || +Artist Q&A || Follow TDA on +twitter and +tumblr

#33 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

RjqBB8s.png

Congrats Amy! Very well deserved promo, 
your continuous graphics especially are really
well done! Enjoy the new blue ^_^

<3 Cat

Thank you so much!! <33

xGbbTNx.gif

AHHHHHHHH AMY! Super super well-deserved promo

here! You're improving so fast, and I am loving everything

you've been making lately! I was not even a little bit

surprised to see your name on that list at all. Keep doing

what you do because you're kILLING IT! Enjoy your new

color and keep being perfect! <3

- Katlynn

Thank you!! <33 And you should know that I watched Nightmare Before Christmas last night after I saw your promo gift!

promo_zpsnundgmss.png
GAH! Amy I'm super happy for you, Congratulations!!
You totally deserve this, your improvement in the last month 

has been incredible and your continuous base banners are
to die for (:
Well done, I can't wait to see what you do next <3

~Grace

Thank you!!! <33

vBHhsb.png

#34 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 3,113 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

congratulations on the promo, amy!!! your continuous banners are STUNNING. i struggle with them so much and you're like, here are two casual sets :') keep working hard and enjy your new blue!

w26i8nm.png

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#35 snicket!

snicket!

i like superheroes and cheques with lots of zeroes on them

• Staff Moderator
  • 2,316 posts
  • Vault Points:787

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

i haven't bought a cute gift, pls forgive me! absolute congratulations on your spooky promotion though <3

you already know i love your continuous banners so i'm going to stay away from them :P (seriously though. so good) but i adooore your stock use - your bases are super exciting to look at and i dig that :'D i love the way you did the text on +this too - those reds are lovely and i just love the ~sinister feel to the whole thing lmao :') anddd i love how light and airy +this is (and the sig below!) with all of the whites and creams, it just looks so pretty and soft and it's just an all round lovely sig :') i also think +this is gorgeous, i love the subtle monochrome and the text placement and the composition and it's just overall lovely :O

we still have like... five weeks of bblb to go so i am sure we're gonna chat so much more and i am v excite for that and also to see how lovely your gallery gets in the future <3

J A D E !
kickstart my rock n' roll fantasy / previously page thirteen.
sigcolour.png
available via pm / crooked kind / q&a

#36 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 782 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

I totally thought I'd replied to these before but apparently not.

congratulations on the promo, amy!!! your continuous banners are STUNNING. i struggle with them so much and you're like, here are two casual sets :') keep working hard and enjy your new blue!

w26i8nm.png

Thank you so much! <3

i haven't bought a cute gift, pls forgive me! absolute congratulations on your spooky promotion though <3

you already know i love your continuous banners so i'm going to stay away from them :P (seriously though. so good) but i adooore your stock use - your bases are super exciting to look at and i dig that :'D i love the way you did the text on +this too - those reds are lovely and i just love the ~sinister feel to the whole thing lmao :') anddd i love how light and airy +this is (and the sig below!) with all of the whites and creams, it just looks so pretty and soft and it's just an all round lovely sig :') i also think +this is gorgeous, i love the subtle monochrome and the text placement and the composition and it's just overall lovely :O

we still have like... five weeks of bblb to go so i am sure we're gonna chat so much more and i am v excite for that and also to see how lovely your gallery gets in the future <3

:O How dare you not bring me a gift ;) But thank you anyway!

Gaaaah, you're too nice! Thank you! <3333

vBHhsb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users