MgeVz2o.jpg

rI6bLJd.jpg

zBfRneY.jpg

g8laHPI.jpg

tv66rlz.jpg

nQQHdWP.jpg

iMAfFTs.jpg

CREDITS:

Branwen's POC Female Image Pack - Jose Ferreira: Superfashion magazine - Gallery of Yu Tsai - Gallery of Jesse Frohman - Gallery of Jon Mckee - Emmaw.net - &thenboom@TDA - Pixabay - Tick Tock Stock Pack - Icarus@TDA - Olivia's Stock Pack - Snitchseeker - Ory-Meghan.com - alexanderskarsgard.org - rosamund-pike.net - Homeofthenutty.com - Taylorpictures.net - tom-hiddleston.com/gallery// - karengillan.us - aarontaylorjohnson.org/gallery/ - pexels.com - ezramillerfan.com - logan-learman.com - douglasbooth.org - simplydandehaan.com -

GORGEOUS GALLERY HEADER BY: apsara @TDA! 

Edited by Stille Nacht, 18 March 2017 - 09:21 AM.

xIjlFOK.png

|| Jenn || Gallery || Available - PM first || Photography ||

*Gorgeous Set By the Fabulous Enigma*

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 4,066 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

hey jenn, congrats on making a gallery! :) there's just some things that i need to check before your gallery is approved - can you specify what exactly did you use that was shot by yu tsai/jesse frohman/jon mckee, as they're photographers (not general stock providers or something) the images might be copyrighted so i'm not sure their images are okay to be used as per our copyright rules so we need to check that out ;) if you have any questions feel free to pm me! ^_^

Edited by starbuck., 20 June 2016 - 12:31 PM.

dark and angsty (:

hlwQQ.png
kristina || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules

#3 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

I'm Lost in the Off Topic Section

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 545 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:77

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

Yes, those photographers were pictures that were included in Branwen's PoC Image Pack. I just wanted to make sure they got credit too. Should I remove them?

Edited by starbuck., 20 June 2016 - 04:24 PM.
no, that's okay then!! :D

xIjlFOK.png

#4 dust & decay

dust & decay

everybody wants

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,301 posts
  • Vault Points:1010

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

JENN i'm so excited you made a gallery!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  welcome to the ranks of artists!!

you've made such an awesome start (this is so lovely, and this has such a gorgeous feel to it), and i can't wait to see how you grow as an artist. :3  

welcome to MA!!  :hearts:

mini

CALL ME MINI!

GALLERY ] [ TUTORIAL ] [ UFG 1 ] [ UFG 2 ]

Posted Image

#5 Lady Plantagenet

Lady Plantagenet

Merlin's Bane

• Staff Moderator
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hey there! I'm glad you've got a gallery going! So far it looks like you've got a nice sense of composition, so just keep up the good work!

formerly Glow || andrea

X073fIn.png

gallery || AltheaG @AO3 || @artful_catholic on Instagram

Follow the Copyright Rules || sig quote by H.D. (Hilda Doolittle)

#6 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,387 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

hey jenn lovely <333

sorry it took me so long to comment but I am SO PROUD and so thrilled that you have a gallery going and it's already gorgeous <33

I love that your graphics all seem to have such cool concepts behind them and they're all really well themed and you've really thought about the story you want your graphics to tell!

that's gonna be such a cool and unique skill to have later on and I'm so excited to see you improve!

as always I'm ALWAYS around if you want help <33 and I can't wait to see you improve you're gonna be amazing in no time!  :loves: 

- hannah

the crooked kind rpg |  ~i screamed so loud but no one heard a thing~  | wizarding warfare rpg

XSkHcjQI.png

hannah | female oc ufg  | artist q&a | pm for requests | beautiful set from the perfect heartfelt <3 

#7 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Featured Artist
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hey Jenn! I'm Rachel. :happy: So nice to meet you! I've decided today that I want to go around and see all of the other member artist galleries, just so I can get to know some people a bit better. I hope that we'll rise through the ranks together!

I worked with GIMP for a few years, and even had a since-deleted GIMP gallery a few years back, so trust me when I say that I know it has a steep learning curve. And so I'm really impressed with your work so far, because you're doing really well! The composition on +this CI is really neat, with the clock in the background. And I love your icons, too: +this especially is one I'd totally use! I definitely want to see more of your work, because you're only going to get better from here.

Again, really nice to meet you, and I hope I'll see you around! I love talking, so if you're ever in the mood to drop me a PM, definitely feel free. :)

R A C H E L

Gdt49yX.png

{{ girl sleuth. }}

#8 gryffiefan

gryffiefan

the future Mrs Blake

• Member Artist
  • 271 posts
  • Vault Points:159

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hi there Jenn! Just wanted to drop by and take a look around here <3

You have a nice start to your gallery and yayy another fellow GIMP user here!

I think you have a nice comp right now and I especially like your CIs!

I'm really looking forward to what you will do next ♥

I'm not that very much experienced, but if you ever need help or really wanna chat, I'm just a PM away ;)

~ Cee

Call me Cee | unavailable

p5mSfKg.png

bex made me these lovelies! + don't fear the unexpected +   

#9 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• TDA Superstar
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hey Jenn! 

You already know I had to come by and check out your gallery. (Did I mention that I'm so excited that you finally started one? Cause I am)

I know you were having some frustrations with learning to make graphics, but honestly it doesn't show at all. You're off to a really good start here.

I absolutely love that you have so many different varieties of graphics. You've made so much stuff that I'm now feeling a bit sad about my own lack of graphics. 

I think my absolute favorite is your travel chapter image. The background is so pretty and the positioning of everything works really well. I might beg and plead for your to let me use that for a novel that I'm working on (unless of course someone's already using it. ;) )

If I had to pick one thing in terms of concrit, I'd say to keep working on your text a bit. It looks like right now you're using only stock text, which can be a bit tricky to do. Dafonts.com is a great resource for downloading all sorts of cool funky font types and playing around them will really help the text pop a bit more. (But from what I hear, almost everyone struggles with text, so no worries.)

Anyway, great start! I really can't wait to see what you do next! 

:hug:

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

#10 floralprint

floralprint

resident studio ghibli enthusiast

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

hey, jenn! my members v mods rival! :P :P
great job on this gallery, all the hard work you put into it really shows. i'm happy that you joined the artist rank!
my favorites are your icons (those flowers!!) and your banners. your hardcutting is really fab for just starting out.
i also like how there are different moods to your graphics, like some are really romantic and others are spooky, like your 'angel of death' banner.
keep experimenting with different text (the bane of everyone's existence i swear) and number of people in your graphics.
can't wait to see more improvements, keep up the great work!
-ashley

| ash | available xoxo |

wPjTcFC.png
| gallery |

#11 Vault 713

Vault 713
  • Graduate Artist
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Hi! Awesome gallery! :D

You make a lot of great choices in stock images to use, especially in the Tom/Taylor banner and the Draco/Hermione sig. 

And I love all the Harry Potter stuff ;) 

Can't wait to see more!

:loves: super beautiful set by naboo.  :loves: 
mG1zObDE.png
Ashley! : Gallery

#12 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

JENN i'm so excited you made a gallery!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  welcome to the ranks of artists!!

you've made such an awesome start (this is so lovely, and this has such a gorgeous feel to it), and i can't wait to see how you grow as an artist. :3  

welcome to MA!!  :hearts:

mini

Thank you Mini! :hug:  I am so grateful for your lovely comments! :)

Hey there! I'm glad you've got a gallery going! So far it looks like you've got a nice sense of composition, so just keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! :) 

hey jenn lovely <333

sorry it took me so long to comment but I am SO PROUD and so thrilled that you have a gallery going and it's already gorgeous <33

I love that your graphics all seem to have such cool concepts behind them and they're all really well themed and you've really thought about the story you want your graphics to tell!

that's gonna be such a cool and unique skill to have later on and I'm so excited to see you improve!

as always I'm ALWAYS around if you want help <33 and I can't wait to see you improve you're gonna be amazing in no time!  :loves:

- hannah

Hannah, you have been an inspiration since day one and I am so happy that you have encouraged me to do this! :) 

Hey Jenn! I'm Rachel. :happy: So nice to meet you! I've decided today that I want to go around and see all of the other member artist galleries, just so I can get to know some people a bit better. I hope that we'll rise through the ranks together!

I worked with GIMP for a few years, and even had a since-deleted GIMP gallery a few years back, so trust me when I say that I know it has a steep learning curve. And so I'm really impressed with your work so far, because you're doing really well! The composition on +this CI is really neat, with the clock in the background. And I love your icons, too: +this especially is one I'd totally use! I definitely want to see more of your work, because you're only going to get better from here.

Again, really nice to meet you, and I hope I'll see you around! I love talking, so if you're ever in the mood to drop me a PM, definitely feel free. :)

Rachel! Thank you so much for your lovely feedback!! I appreciate it!! I will definitely have to drop you a PM sometime!! Congrats by the way on being moved up to Junior Artist!! I am so very excited for you! 

Hi there Jenn! Just wanted to drop by and take a look around here <3

You have a nice start to your gallery and yayy another fellow GIMP user here!

I think you have a nice comp right now and I especially like your CIs!

I'm really looking forward to what you will do next ♥

I'm not that very much experienced, but if you ever need help or really wanna chat, I'm just a PM away ;)

~ Cee

Hi Cee!!! Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your lovely comments! I greatly appreciate them! :) Yay for GIMP! I will definitely have to drop you a PM soon! I loved your gallery!!

Hey Jenn! 

You already know I had to come by and check out your gallery. (Did I mention that I'm so excited that you finally started one? Cause I am)

I know you were having some frustrations with learning to make graphics, but honestly it doesn't show at all. You're off to a really good start here.

I absolutely love that you have so many different varieties of graphics. You've made so much stuff that I'm now feeling a bit sad about my own lack of graphics. 

I think my absolute favorite is your travel chapter image. The background is so pretty and the positioning of everything works really well. I might beg and plead for your to let me use that for a novel that I'm working on (unless of course someone's already using it. ;) )

If I had to pick one thing in terms of concrit, I'd say to keep working on your text a bit. It looks like right now you're using only stock text, which can be a bit tricky to do. Dafonts.com is a great resource for downloading all sorts of cool funky font types and playing around them will really help the text pop a bit more. (But from what I hear, almost everyone struggles with text, so no worries.)

Anyway, great start! I really can't wait to see what you do next! 

Hi Kaitlin!!! Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your lovely compliments. I am super happy that my frustrations haven't shown in my graphics! There have been times when I have wanted to take my lap top and throw it, I've been so mad at what I have been working on creating.

Fonts are going to be the death of me. I have some new ones now so hopefully it will sort itself out.  I have currently taken that CI off, but I have it saved for you if you still want it, just send me a PM! :) 

I am so proud of you for opening your gallery! :)

hey, jenn! my members v mods rival! :P :P
great job on this gallery, all the hard work you put into it really shows. i'm happy that you joined the artist rank!
my favorites are your icons (those flowers!!) and your banners. your hardcutting is really fab for just starting out.
i also like how there are different moods to your graphics, like some are really romantic and others are spooky, like your 'angel of death' banner.
keep experimenting with different text (the bane of everyone's existence i swear) and number of people in your graphics.
can't wait to see more improvements, keep up the great work!
-ashley

Hi Ashley! My Members V. Mod Foe!  :D

Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your wonderful feedback! Yes, the fonts are probably going to be the death of me, but I swear I will fight as much as possible! :laugh:

Thank you again!! 

Hi! Awesome gallery! :D

You make a lot of great choices in stock images to use, especially in the Tom/Taylor banner and the Draco/Hermione sig. 

And I love all the Harry Potter stuff ;)

Can't wait to see more!

Thank you so much!!! It means so much to me that you stopped by and that you like my work!  :yahoo:

xIjlFOK.png

#13 concise

concise

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・

• Dark Arts Digest Manager
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

do i spy some alexander skarsgard??? ugh, my heart. i'd been meaning to stop by so i'm so glad you swung by my gallery and jogged my memory! i love the works you're doing and the things you're experimenting with, like your fonts! they can be such a pain -_-. i can't wait to see more stuff from you, especially icons! your image choices and cuts are great!

Posted Image

Posted Image

sig by my amazing big buddy, alison

kelsey | available for requests 

critique shop is open

#14 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Graduate Artist
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hey Jenn! I was so happy that you took the time to look in my gallery that I thought I'd return the favor and stop by yours! And believe me, I'm so glad I did. You have a real knack for trying creative techniques that I know people who are first starting out are usually hesitant to try. For instance, I love how you work with stock, like in +this banner. :loves: I think you did a good job of choosing which stock photos to use, as the base looks really sunny, coherent, and natural. I think that banner is stronger than +this one; the colouring is really good on this one (I like that the peoples' skin tone seems to match the base [if that makes sense?]), but because the book on the right spans the entire height of the banner, it just looks a little bit out of place. Maybe if you reduced the size of the book and blended it into the green background the base would look more natural. :)

I also really like +this signature; I think it was super creative how you cut out the people so it looks like they're part of the frame. The cuts on your icons are also very good, which I'm slightly envious of because it takes me hours to make a semi-decent icon. :P

Anyhow, I think you have a really great and solid start to your gallery! Believe me, I'll be checking in from time to time. :loves:

ronnie!

30ufx5k.jpg

The Tropic of Cancer  ♠  semi-available; pm first

#15 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

UPDATE: New Signatures (3) & 1 Blend

UPDATE UPDATE: 1 New CI

UPDATE 8/15/16: 1 New Banner & 1 New Blend

Edited by Stille Nacht, 15 August 2016 - 10:35 PM.

xIjlFOK.png

#16 mockingjay

mockingjay

Do You Hear The People Sing?

• Senior Artist
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the gallery visit. I wanted to return the favor (:

First of all YAY! Another GIMP user. 

Onto the graphics. I think you already have a great eye for composition, unlike me when I started haha! I absolutely adore +this. The use of stock and the lighting are beautiful. Stock can be so difficult to use but you seem to be getting a good handle on it.

I also love +this CI, it's simplicity and the b/w are really eye catching.
I can't wait to see more from you and see how you improve as an artist. Keep up the good work and you'll rise through the ranks in no time

~Grace

RrR1gX9A.gif

Grace||Available||PM first||Absolutely gorgeous sig made by the bexcellent bex!

giftforgrace_zpszz1ecuti.png

+Forever Fallen

#17 arrietty.

arrietty.

♡♡♡

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

Hey Jenn! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get over here, but I'm here to get you your "Give a Little, Get a Little" crit! I'm going to answer the questions you posed in your original post in that thread +here.

Overall

I think you've got a great collection of pieces here! I really love how you're trying to branch out with some different styles, fonts, colorings and canvas sizes. You've got a lot of different graphics in here and that's awesome! You've also got a great start to mixing stock with textures, which is never easy at all! You've created a lot of depth in a lot of your pieces, so that's great! I also really love all of the bright colors you've used in so many of your pieces.  It's so easy for artists to get comfortable with one palette and to stick with it, so I think it's great that you're getting comfortable with working with so many different color palettes. You've got a great, solid foundation here that you should be proud of!

General Improvements

Since you've got a good handle of a lot of the basics, I think where you should start working next is your composition. In your banners, specifically, I see a lot of the same kind of comp, so mix it up a bit and experiment! Try mixing in different-sized individuals. What I like to do is specify one "model" I'd like to be the mail focus of the banner and make sure they're presented the largest. All other models get varying sizes and placements based on the base I've already created. In mixing up the sizes and placements of your models, you can create more interesting compositions and depth, which is always nice. :) +This is an incredible tutorial by inspector. that really helps with developing composition skills.

You can also start working with different text styles! If I'm not mistaken, I see you've been working with drop shadows in your "Stay" banner, so it could be interesting to start working with other layer styles, text placement and blending modes. +Here's a great tutorial by .brookeabee that I found extremely helpful if I was struggling with where to put my text, which color to make it, etc. Try thinking of text as an additional model or focal point that needs to flow with the rest of the graphic instead of something you add last. It should flow enough with the rest of the graphic to look seamless. Text is hard for everyone though, let's be honest haha.

Strengths

Since I've already addressed your strengths in the first paragraph, I'm just going to touch on them again here. Like I said, I love the differences in colors across all of your pieces! Your experimentation with different graphic types is also awesome and I'm excited to see you try more! I also wanted to commend you on your hard cutting skills, because they're great! I'm not sure what you're doing there, but keep doing it!

I hope this has been at least a little helpful! If you need anything else or have any questions, please let me know! :)

K A T L Y N N

rCBEI1C.png

formerly  DARTH VADER // visit my  GALLERY // ask me  ANYTHING

#18 Vault 713

Vault 713
  • Graduate Artist
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

Hey Jenn  :dumbles:  It's so awesome to see more of your work.

I adore the way you did the Marauders banner. It's really creative!

I also love the Neglected banner - it flows really well and all of your image choices are great, especially in capturing the mood!

:loves: super beautiful set by naboo.  :loves: 
mG1zObDE.png
Ashley! : Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users