27 replies to this topic

#19 steve harrington

steve harrington

Kimi no Na wa

• Featured Artist
  • 452 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hey Alison! Just stopping by to return the favor! I adore your "the only exception" banner! The use of stock is so nice. Your hard cuts are honestly to die for! Honestly all of your hard cuts across all your graphics are flawless. It's super impressive! Your Taylor chapter image is soooo nice! I still am not super into chapter images so seeing your success makes me want to keep trying. Thank so much for stopping by my gallery earlier! I really appreciated it! I can't wait to get to know you some more!

The Upside Down

Posted Image

Rodrigo  21  Joe Keery Enthusiast formerly .v0ldiemort

amazing set by styles (ronnie), thank you!

#20 lucida.

lucida.

Rebelle et Coeur

• TDA Superstar
  • 322 posts
  • Software:Other
  • Vault Points:825

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

^Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I actually really hate chapter images ;-; they make me so angry! Feel free to PM me any time by the way :)

Edited by lucida., 04 November 2017 - 05:26 PM.

Alli

Posted Image
Most recent Digest issue * Stunning sig by choobocca * M. Langley on PW  * Audacity to Matter

#21 Newt Scamander.

Newt Scamander.

Skaikru

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

Hey Alli, I'm here with your requested critique. :)

I'm just going to say what I say to everyone else, this is my own personally opinion. What I think will be 1000% different to
Another Artist. It's just how it happens. 

First love the comp on your header! Amazing comp. 
Now you haven't really asked for anything specific except clutter ness and slapping stuff onto a canvas. +comp and text is general (I used to say this about myself too :P) so I'm just going to go through with some points that I can see. :hug: 

I can see you're already experimenting with so much stuff which as a member is great as it broadens your skills at such a young age (I never experimented :P terrible, but honest.) I love the comp your experimenting with and your text placement. 
I think you need to head on over to +da font and download a heap of fonts, like tones, so you can start to experiment with more than Georgia and times new roman. At the moment you have excellent comp, and quality and even the text placememnt is great, but it's bland. There's nothing that says pop here I am. 

I think because your comp is actually pretty good, you could experiment with some real popping, eye catching coloring. Download some gradients and don't e afraid to add like 20 - 30 on top of each other on different capacities and settings. Also throw in some curves and and black and white gradient on soft light on around 40 - 50% opacity and it's perfect for your contrast!! :D Also, check out and give our coloring tuts a try on here too! A lot of people use selective coloring which should be an option on your program (i've just ranted on about all this stuff you could try and experiment with and you may not even be able to!) if these are options with your program, you should 100% give these a try. 

Your hard cutting is fantastic and I can't see any halo's on many of your graphics, just watch some harshness with hard cutting like the hair on +this one upside down man, his hair line is a little too harsh, but still nicely cut around his face! 
+this is fantastic!! The comp is perfect, its lacking popping color and text, but placement on everything on this is perfect!! 

Something I am noticing is that there are a lot of repeat pictures in your gallery (i'm extremely guilty of this! like 100000000% guilty), try and broaden your variety of models, actor and actress etc. just a little bit, i'm seeing a lot of ^ sad guy with harsh hair line, a lot.

Something, a personally recommendation, that I used to do when I was a member and junior, I would never leave my old graphics that weren't my strongest point in my gallery for longer than a month, because I needed the admins to see that I had grown as an artist and not at what they used to look at.  Whether I knew in myself what was my strengths and weakness' or whether I went to the help me choose thread, I always made a habit of getting rid of the weakest links. I'm only seeing two in my opinion right now which are +this and +this. Your other pieces are a lot stronger and are showing the style you're developing. 

I honestly don't think you have  problem with comp, or text placement. Just a little bit of color popping and text adjustments, and you'll be soaring past me in no time!!! I can't see any cluttered graphics either, so i'm not sure where you may of plucked that from?? Comp and especially your quality is pretty exceptional for a member Artist!! 

Keep up the good work babes, and if you need any help or tips/tricks, coloring help, anything you know where my inbox is!! :hug: 

perfect sig by my Big Buddy, bittersweetflames. aka Carla.

Amazing Icon by Sunbear.
+May We Meet Again.

Posted Image

#22 lucida.

lucida.

Rebelle et Coeur

• TDA Superstar
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Thank you so much for this!! I have been trying to use gradients and blending modes but I've been scared of over doing it, I'll try and be a little bit more adventurous with it!! Sadly I can't download any fonts, though ;-; Once again, thank you, this was really helpful <3 

Edited by lucida., 08 December 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Alli

Posted Image
Most recent Digest issue * Stunning sig by choobocca * M. Langley on PW  * Audacity to Matter

#23 episkey.

episkey.
  • Junior Artist
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hey there, Alli! I really love your gallery! All of your work is so beautiful  :hearts:

- k e l s e y-

lNBaEYZ.png

beautiful sig and icon made by KaYLO REN // gallery // previously darliingfunerals

#24 lucida.

lucida.

Rebelle et Coeur

• TDA Superstar
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hiya! Sorry it took so long to reply, I didn't see it before :| But thank you so much <3 It's nice to meet you, Kelsey :) I've been meaning to stop by your gallery actually because I've seen some amazing stuff of yours around recently  :happy:

Alli

Posted Image

#25 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 4,025 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

hey alli!

i just thought i'd stop by and tell you how much i love the stuff you've been making lately!

that purple blend i just really really love it's so pretty! and your sigs are so cool and interesting <3

i especially love this+ one i really like it when you use full colour! the colouring is very pretty and i'd love to see more of that!

i definitely can't wait to see more of you, you've been improving so much lately and i definitely think you're going to have a great year of graphics making <3

- hannah!

#26 lucida.

lucida.

Rebelle et Coeur

• TDA Superstar
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Hello Hannah!! Thank you so much for stopping by, this was a wonderful thing to log on to <3 I'm glad you like the full color, I've been meaning to experiment with it some more! Once again thank you so much <3 

Alli

Posted Image

#27 prongsbeak

prongsbeak

TDA's Resident Ghostbuster

• Senior Artist
  • 3,041 posts
  • Vault Points:63

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:30 AM

congrats on winning MC Alli! :yahoo: I've seen your graphics lately and they are amazing!!! :wub: it's a well deserved promo! ^_^

previously prongsgallery |  hpff | Sofia is available | amazing set by steve harrington

13AfeTZ.png

#28 lucida.

lucida.

Rebelle et Coeur

• TDA Superstar
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

OMG thank you so much!! (sorry that I am trash at checking replies on my gallery ;-; ) That really means a lot, thank you again <3 <3 

Edited by lucida., 17 January 2018 - 07:28 PM.

Alli

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users