#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Starting Members (0 posts)

When you join the site, you will be a starting member. In this group, you will be able to see and post as a member can. However, your posts must be approved by a moderator to ensure they aren’t spam. Once you have your first post approved, you will become a member.

Members (1+ posts)

Once you have 1 posts, you will be a member, whether you are an artist or here to request graphics. If you're an artist, go ahead and post your gallery in the New Galleries Here! forum and you will be sorted into the Member Artist group. Members may not fill requests or post tutorials/challenges. However, you are eligible to become a moderator and are also welcome to post requests, participate in (though not post) challenges, and participate in other areas of the site.

Artists

All artists, regardless of rank, can participate in challenges, post resources (including in the Up For Grabs section), and fill requests posted for them in the specific artist section. Member Artists are otherwise restricted to the ‘Member Artist’ request sections, while Junior+ Artists can fill requests posted in the general request sections.

Member Artists

All new artists to TDA, regardless of experience or skill, are first sorted into this group.

Junior Artists

To be promoted to junior artist, you must show a basic competency of all core skills (i.e., blending, text, coloring, and creating an overall coherent graphic) and have few mistakes in secondary skills (i.e., image quality, placement, and choice).

Senior Artists

To be promoted to senior artist, you must show a mastery of core skills (i.e., blending, text, coloring, and creating an overall coherent graphic), have few mistakes in secondary skills (i.e., image quality, placement, and choice), and be in the process of developing a consistent personal “style.”

Graduate Artists

To be promoted to graduate artist, you must show a mastery of both core skills (i.e., blending, text, coloring, and creating an overall coherent graphic) and secondary skills (i.e., image quality, placement, and choice). These artists are only separated from master artists by consistency; their galleries may have graphics with small technical mistakes or they may still be developing a very clear personal style.

Master Artists

To be promoted to master artist, you must show mastery of both core skills (i.e., blending, text, coloring, and creating an overall coherent graphic) and secondary skills (i.e., image quality, placement, and choice). These artists should have very rare or no technical mistakes in their galleries and have a very clear personal style.

Veteran Artists

These master artists are no longer active in making graphics on the site. A master artist will be moved there if their gallery is not updated within the previous six months. You may ask to be moved to this group if they believe that they will be away from graphics for an extended period of time. Your gallery, however, will be preserved for others to enjoy.

Designers

These members are Artists whose work takes on an alternate form, whether it be through work with vectors, digital painting, complex image manipulation, or professional design.

Featured Artist

Once a month, the members nominate and vote for this monthly award. Here is a complete list of the winners over the years.

TDA Superstar

These members were particularly active members and claimed the most points in TDA’s Vault section in the previous month.

Moderators/Coordinators

All moderators and coordinators are chosen by the admins.

Staff Moderators

These are global moderators. Many focus on specific areas of the forums, but they are all able to answer questions about any area of the site.

Advertising Moderator

These section moderators may be of any rank and are in charge of monitoring advertisements posted on TDA as well as posting our advertisements off-site.

Critique Corner Moderators

These section moderators may be of any rank and take care of the Critique areas.

Duelling Arena Moderators

These section moderators may be of any rank and create challenges, post polls, and collect the results from the site's various challenges.

Off-Topic Moderators

These section moderators may be of any rank and keep track of the Off-Topic section of the forums.

Requesting Arena Moderators

These section moderators may be of any rank and moderate all the requests that are made at TDA - they check story links, pictures, and content of requested graphics, as well as for any violations of the rules.

UFG and Resource Moderators

These section moderators may be of any rank and moderate the Resource Arena, including tutorials and Up-for-Grabs sections.

Vault Moderator

These section moderators may be of any rank and moderate TDA’s Vault.

DA Digest Editor

These newsletter editors may be of any rank and help coordinate the monthly (or seasonal) Dark Artist Digest which provides statistics and news about what's going on at TDA.

LGMS Co-Ordinator

These event coordinators must be either moderators of any rank or graduate/master artists, and run and co-ordinate TDA's quarterly sitewide challenge, Last Graphic Maker Standing (LGMS).  

Social Media Manager

These social media managers may be of any rank and coordinate TDA's social media sites.

Edited by starbuck., 27 April 2018 - 03:37 PM.
updated

Posted Image
tumblr (M) ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users