• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 morganthegreat

morganthegreat
  • 18 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hi everyone here at The Dark Arts! Tell me, what is your favorite thing about TDA? I am super new here, as I just joined a few days ago and want to get familiar with this site.

Something about me: I have been a HPFF member since 2012, but made a new account as I couldn't remember the email/password/user I made such a long time ago haha! I have always been a reader, but I finally plucked enough courage to write my own story and post it on the web! I was suggested by a reviewer to get a banner, so VOILA! Here I am :)

I'm actually studying graphic design in college, so I think I want to start up making banners and graphics here as added practice, but don't know where to start!?!?

#2 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,866 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

hiii! welcome to TDA! my name is hannah!

personally my favourite thing about tda is our challenge and crit sections which I totally recommend you check out if you want to start your own graphics! 

and obviously the resource and tutorial areas are super good too ^_^

if you need any help or have questions feel free to shoot me a pm any time! <3 

#3 seraphine.

seraphine.

i shot the albatross

• Master Artist
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

hey there! welcome to tda, i'm ramya!

my favorite thing about tda is probably the people – everyone here is so warm and lovely and i've made so many great friends here

also i love the challenges here, they're so much fun

feel free to pm me if you have any questions <3

ramya; unavailable

QcoQoaC.png

gallery / q&a / tumblr

#4 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• Master Artist
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

Hi Morgan, welcome to TDA! I'm Kara! Good for you posting your story online, it's something that's always hard to do when it means so much to you. I'd love to read it! I used to read lots of HP fanfic and write some myself, but I haven't done either in such a long time, but I think I kinda wanna get back into it. 

If you're studying graphic design already, I'm sure you'll find the types of graphics we do at TDA so much fun! You should definitely check out the challenge section for ideas on what to make because there's usually all sorts of fun ideas in there. I think that's problem my favorite part about TDA. Everything is just fun. You don't have to do what anyone else tells you, you can just make whatever makes you happy. Like I make a million graphics with Zayn bc I'm obsessed, and most people would think that's a cause for a restraining order, but the community at TDA is never judgmental. They're just like awesome coloring! Cool composition! Love the text! So that's super cool. TDA is just a free place where everyone can be themselves #sappybuttrue. 

ANYWAYS super nice to meet you can't wait to see ya around the forums, hmu with a PM if you need help with anything or just wanna chat! <3

p.s thank u for the gallery comment, you are so sweet!!! xo

Edited by klutzy_kara, 16 July 2017 - 09:43 PM.

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

mi2pcQ.png
signature by the amazing kris / starbuck! JOIN NOW - FIRST ROUND HERE
gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#5 adorkable

adorkable
  • Graduate Artist
  • 1,168 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

hi morgan - welcome to tda! i'm isabel!

my favorite thing about tda is how lovely everyone is and how much it's taught me about myself as an artist.

i highly recommend you check out the +tutorial center and +inspire me! threads. you can learn a lot from tutorials and you can see what everyone else is making in the inspire me! threads. 

feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Isabel | unavailable | +gallery

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 mockingjay

mockingjay

Do You Hear The People Sing?

• Social Media Manager
  • 1,128 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:504

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

Hi Morgan, I'm Grace and and welcome to TDA!
My favourite thing about TDA is definitely the people. Everyone here is super friendly and supportive, always encouraging each other and helping out.
It's great that you want to give this kind of graphic design a go and you've already got a head start (: Some great places to check out would be the tutorials as they have tips for everything from beginners coloring to step by step tutorials on banners and such. Also the challenges are super fun and can give you some inspiration. I hope you enjoy your time here at and feel free to PM me if you have any questions ((:

Grace||Semi-Available||PM first ||Stunning set by alison (and peggy) <33

Posted Image

+Forever Fallen || +Artist Q&A || Follow TDA on +twitter and +tumblr

#7 morganthegreat

morganthegreat
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:48 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I will definitely check out those forums for more info, you guys are the sweetest people! <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users