snowdrop

Kihyun's

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,195 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Vanyaaa....

Your stuffs are always amazing everytime I see them. Love love love!  :loves:

And you new stuffs are beyond amazing! Like... how?

While I'm here still struggling to make something worth to display in my gallery...

Hello, I'm Y U K I !
UNAVAILABLE

1Hhn74M5.png

Starlight Parade || was usaneko & calypso.

#92 azimuth

azimuth

I'll glomp the hug out of you

• Master Artist
  • 1,478 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Kara: You are the sweetest person ever :cry: Look at me crying over your kind words :cry: Inspiring other people? Omg :'D I stalk your gallery for inspiration so this is so incredible to hear :cry: Thank you so much for dropping by :hug:

Yuki: You know ilysm and miss youuuuu <3333 I hope you get your muse back and come back soon pleaseeeee D:

Vanya ♥ Colouring Tutorial Gallery Deviantart

pPGu8jp5_o.png

Signature by klutzy_kara (aka the best secret santa ever). ♥ I am unavailable for requests.

#93 blob.

blob.
  • Senior Artist
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:52 AM

omg! Everything in here is amazing :wub: it's so magical and perfect!
Each graphic is like a fairytale honestly
I love your colouring - it's so vibrant and pretty and I've never seen anyone colour so beautifully before *o*
my favourite section would definintly be your banners :loves: the "the pull of the moon" banner is especially amazing. I love the text and the comp is so cute!!
I also love your current sig - it's perfection.
the animation is so subtle and the colouring is so soft and glowy ahhh!! Is the character from a paticular movie? I love the antlers haha :D
Lastly I love your December DA digest header because to me - it simply looks like happiness. The comp is so simple and effective and the colouring is strong and magical. Like honestly.

I can't wait to come back in here to see any new pretties! (And drool over them all :P) and I really enjoyed my visit (not that I haven't been stalking your gallery ever since I came back to tda :sean: )

Bye! Marie <33

~y'all can call me Marie~

blob. blob. blob. by The Amazing Enigma

#94 stardusted*

stardusted*

tu chantes du yaourt

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

you are a billion shades of extraordinary. 

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the incredible things that you do with your colouring and just how insanely innovative your composition is!! I'm so glad you're still here and making beautiful graphics -- everyone needs a little vanya magic in their life, especially when it comes in the form of soft, vibrant rupert grint CIs :loves: ily and miss you tons!!

hi i'm sheryl! ♥ 

Posted Image
set by paper doll || stars, hide your fires 

#95 emoji

emoji
  • Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

As a new member it's my duty to stalk galleries for inspiration and girl your stuff is MINDBLOWING

The colors are so vibrant and beautiful and that comp is just amazing

Keep up the great work

-Nicole

#96 aurora borealis

aurora borealis

i have no idea what to put here

• Member Artist
  • 1,798 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:127

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

*starts unpacking tent* everything here is so gorgeous I don't think I ever want to leave

seriously, your work is amazing

the colouring, the stock use, the comp, the text, the animation...

I think +this is my favourite from your gallery but tbh it was extremely hard to pick

pls teach me your secrets :creepy:

1unXoGne_o.png

Olivia | Ao3 | Gallery | Was BellaLestrange87 and Minerva

#97 steve harrington

steve harrington

Kimi no Na wa

• Featured Artist
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Vanya! Hi! First of all, I want to say thank you so much for pointing me in the director of that wonderful tutorial! I really appreciate how helpful you were! Second of all OMG how did I miss your gallery!! This place is gorgeous. I adore your bright colors. I am really struggling to get my colors vibrant but your gallery is a huge source of inspiration. I absolutely adore your Newt poster! Wow! 

The Upside Down

pIb4PF.png

Rodrigo • 21 • Joe Keery Enthusiast formerly .v0ldiemort

lucas sanders @pw

amazing set by styles (ronnie), thank you!

#98 azimuth

azimuth

• Master Artist
  • 1,478 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:46 AM

@Marie: Thank you so so much! I'm glad you like the pull of the moon banner because I tried to do something different, and was afraid it wouldn't work :P As for the animated sig, the image is just one I found on flickr, not from a movie ^_^ Ty for dropping by <3

@Sheryl: Ilysm :cry: You know you're my fave <3333

@Nicole: Thank you!

@Olivia: Thanks so much <3 And I'm glad you like my amateur attempt at animation haha :P

@Rodrigo : Thanks for the wonderful comment. You made my day :'D <3 (And it was no problem about the tut :'D ) <333

pPGu8jp5_o.png

Signature by klutzy_kara (aka the best secret santa ever). ♥ I am unavailable for requests.

#99 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,225 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hey vanya, I'm here with some Christmas crit! So, naturally I will not be discussing your colouring - seeing as it's what makes a vanya graphic so ​vanya. ​Instead we're going to talk about blending, composition, and image quality - as I think they're currently your weakest points. 

BLENDING: 

​Okay, so generally you have a great eye with stock and you pick images that work together, like this++ is currently your strongest in terms of stock and blending. Everything flows well, all the blending is seamless, and you've chosen good images. However there's some graphics where the images aren't blended together as well. For example the blending in this++  is a little too messy. On both sides of the candles there's stock images/textures above them and it doesn't work. On the left side the candles should be cut off or placed above the texture entirely, and I'd have removed the candles on the right side. There's a couple of pieces where if I'm being really picky I'd like the blending to be cleaned up just a little bit. Like in your unbelievers signature, I'd have made the girls face on the right hand side less translucent In stock particularly everything should flow, otherwise mistakes are a lot more visible. Lastly, this is just a tiny thing - in this banner here++ the use of the building on the right hand side doesn't really work. Overall the piece is quite dark with little flutters of animated light which is really beautiful, but then the church/building window distracts from that. Generally I have a rule that unless you can cover it up with other things (like flowers, clocks, candles, books, etc you know what i mean) then I wouldn't put a building in with nature (as in the woods etc, not close up flowers or that kind of greenery) stock. 

​COMPOSITION: 
​For me personally, I don't think your composition is weak as such, but I think you could shake it up a bit. I've noticed with your banners and signatures, you like to play it safe with composition. But because there's nothing bad about it, instead I'll just throw some suggestions at you. You could try putting things upside down, or you could put a focal point on the end of a graphic rather than centre, centre left/centre right, try making a one person banner or a six person banner. Another tip, take your time with your graphics and always have your gallery up when you make them. I fall into a habit of making graphics with the same composition, so to get out of it I look at graphics with my gallery and I'm like, okay so my focal point was on the left today it's gonna be far right and at least one person is going to be upside down...or smth like that. Also, particularly with textured graphics, mess around with the same cut in different positions rather than using lots of different models. These are just ideas ​for you to shake things up or spark your muse, I don't really expect you to follow them to the letter, haha! 

​IMAGE QUALITY: 
​My biggest issue with your work atm is the image quality. It may have something to do with filtering or animation, but some of your graphics are either a little blurry or a little too sharp. So with this banner++, I know that the style of the banner is quite soft and filtered, but the main girl is a touch too blurry for me, as is Remus here++. Then you've got the filtering a little too heavy in these chapter images x & x , and Ron's face is too sharp, as is the Hogwarts castle and the boats in the other ones. But this is an easy fix, you've just got to find a happy medium when making your pieces, and don't filter too much as with anyone's graphics it can sometimes lower the quality of a really good piece. 

​OVERALL: 
​You've got a lovely style, a great eye for stock and textures, and amazing colouring - but I think you've just done what many a staff artist does: you've gotten comfortable. We often forget to push and challenge ourselves, when really we should, otherwise the whole process becomes boring. I hope this crit has been useful! If I was too harsh, or you have any questions, feel free to PM me!! 

​Bex

// hey i'm bex  //  MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first // 

image.png

absolutely perfect signature by my one and only wildest dreams.

~now, sashay away ♥ ~  

#100 azimuth

azimuth

• Master Artist
  • 1,478 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Bex, you're the best :loves: This has been super helpful! (And especially with the section on image quality- I've been struggling with it since my Topaz got deleted) Thank you SO SO MUCH! <33 You've definitely highlighted what I was struggling with but didn't know where exactly the problem was!

Edited by azimuth, 16 December 2017 - 11:32 PM.

pPGu8jp5_o.png

#101 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• Master Artist
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

idk why I even come in here anymore bc every time I do I just die 

everything you do I just sit there in awe like I actually cannot stop staring, it's pathetic bc I think I know all your graphics by heart bc I at them stare so much??

I am so so glad ur back and blessing us with pieces like +this like omg it's so soft and romantic the coloring is amaze & then you have the most amazing comp

like the stock and people all just fit together so so well, but that's nothing new because you rock at that ahhh i would die for your comp and filtering skills

and wtf at your TEXT !! that is everyone's worst nightmare but you make it look like a daydream it's so perfect and shiny and omg

I love everything so it's so hard to pick like I stan for ur old stuff too like you wouldn't believe but dayum this new green coloring you're rocking is dope I love +this and +this

but also +this ???? it's so shiny. oh gosh I just can't take it, it's all so beautiful and you just keep getting better and better!! 

xoxoxo

your biggest fan

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

sQsuPJR.png

beautiful set by Amortentia1992 :-)
gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#102 SkyLine*

SkyLine*
  • Junior Artist
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

I THINK THAT ALL THE WOW'S! IN THE WORLD WOULD'NT BE ENOUGH TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS TOWARDS YOUR AMAZING GRAPHICS AND ESPECIALLY YOUR TALENT.\

I ADORE YOUR SIGNATURES, BANNERS AND PHOTO-MANIPULATIONS.

YOU HAVE A VERY UNIQUE TECHNIQUE AND HIGH SKILLS, AND THIS IS VERY NOTABLE.

VERY BEAUTIFUL EVERYTHING IN HERE. YOU ARE AWESOME. KEEP UP WITH YOUR AMAZING WORK! <33

Posted Image

My Deviant-art

#103 azimuth

azimuth

• Master Artist
  • 1,478 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

@Kara: :cry: Ohmygosh, thank youu! :glomp: I literally don't know how to respond to your heart-melting comment, especially seeing as I adore everything you make! :edward: :edward: You make me blush :blush:

@Skyline: Thank you so much! :3 Your comment made my day :'D :hug:

pPGu8jp5_o.png

#104 Enna

Enna
  • Starting Members
  • 4 posts
  • Software:I Don't Design Graphics

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'm in literal love with your choice of bright colors! :O Please come paint the walls in my house! xD <3

#105 azimuth

azimuth

• Master Artist
  • 1,478 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

:lol: Thank you :'D

pPGu8jp5_o.png

#106 yellow.

yellow.
  • Designer
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

I just wanted to say that you have a real gift when it comes to colors. Everything is so eye popping and composed so well. Your signatures are some of the best I've ever seen, and I love love love your manipulations and paintings! Congrats btw on the DD for your Halloween manipulation. I remember seeing it show on my DA feed and thinking "HEY SHE'S FROM DA!!!" It is very well deserved! <3 

1608r6g.png

moon child

linda aka yellow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users