8 replies to this topic

#1 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

So you can make graphics and want to offer your skills to others, here is a list of things you can do to get yourself sorted into an artist category, brush up your skills, and offer up your graphics.

1. Posting a Gallery
As a new member, post your gallery here and wait for an admin to validate your topic and promote you to Member Artist. The pinned topics in the Member Gallery will help explain what types of graphics to include in a gallery, etc.

Promotions to higher artist levels (Junior, Senior, and Staff) occur at the beginning of each month. All you have to do is keep your gallery updated with new graphics. Not all member artists are promoted, however. This topic briefly explains general expectations for each artist level.

2. Getting Help with Graphics
Every artist, even the best, always need to get help with their graphics in order to improve and learn new techniques.

The Tutorial Section includes technique tutorials specific to a program as well as "how-to" tutorials on making different types of graphics. Everyone is welcome to post questions about program issues or how to use a certain tool, skill, etc.

The Resource Area is available for help in finding pictures, textures, brushes, whatever you may need to make graphics. Some members have also offered their own resources to members of the site.

The Critique Forum is where all artists can go to have their work examined by others. This forum is divided by graphic type, but also offers a section just for member artists, as well as a place to request to have your gallery critiqued.

The Challenges can also help with improving, if only in giving artists practise. While any member can enter regular challenges, Your Best Work, and Ultimate Challenges, only member artists can take part in Member Artist Challenges, giving them an opportunity to battle against others at their level.

3. Filling Requests
Member Artists are limited in the types of requests they can fill, as requests are supposed to be filled by Junior, Senior, and Staff artists.

Each requesting area includes a "Member Request" section for requests that have been unanswered for more than 7-9 days. These requests are open to only Member Artists to fill, but because of their smaller number, it is a competitive area.

Member Artists may also fill requests in the Specific Artist area if a requestor has specifically requested the artist by name.

In addition to requests, Member Artists may also offer Up For Grabs graphics, which are pre-made banners, headers, signatures, and icons that anyone can request. The one thing to remember about making graphics for this area is that you need to keep the original file of layers from your program so that you can edit it if the requestor asks.

Member Artists, although limited, have a wide variety of things they can do between promotion times. Please remember to observe all rules in the above-mentioned forums. smile.gif

Posted Image
tumblr (M) ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

#2 Guest_PanicSaysHello_*

Guest_PanicSaysHello_*

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

..how do you post a gallery? i'm new, and very confused. blush.gif

#3 serendip

serendip
  • Veteran Artist
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

In the [member artist] forum, there are some pinned threads to read. smile.gif
(If you click the words in brackets above, you'll find it's a link there, also, the ones i put underneath are too)

[Pinned Thread one]
[Pinned thread two]

Edited by serendip, 06 July 2008 - 10:50 PM.

#4 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hi there. smile.gif

You go here, making sure to read the first two topics at the top, then you go to New Topic and paste in your graphics. smile.gif

Posted Image

#5 Guest_ilovdm_*

Guest_ilovdm_*

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

So do I just put all the graphic I want in my gallery in this thread.

The rules aren't very clear, it kinda confusing blink.gif

Edited by ilovdm, 12 July 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#6 Guest_moratlis_*

Guest_moratlis_*

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

No, actually what you do is that you should post a gallery in the member artist section. You post your best works, not all, all the work that you think will be good to show off your gallery. member artist section click here!

Edited by moratlis, 12 July 2008 - 01:07 AM.

#7 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

Could you explain how the rules are unclear? Then perhaps I can edit them a bit. smile.gif

These rules all expect that you know how to use online forums/discussion boards such as this.

Posted Image

#8 BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

I'm trying to get enough graphics to start up a gallery again - do you have to already have a gallery up to enter normal challenges? Forgive me if you've answered this somewhere else...

Posted Image
~ says ~ hpff ~ gluttony ~ lj ~

#9 .asperity

.asperity

lost in you ♥

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

I believe that in order to enter any member challenges, you must first have a gallery. That doesn't mean you can't get your entry done, and when you think you have enough graphics start a gallery, then you could enter the actual challenges.

gallery  -  unavailable - stories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users