manipulations.

a83bGde.png

SN7qyyN.png

colorizations.

6rPyCG5.png

pFuvPd.png

CObcrt1.png

GyzAOrK.png

Edited by aurevoir, Yesterday, 12:57 AM.

Mx0EkqB.png

...ready for it? || picture.perfect

available, but PM please!

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,183 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

hi cassie!! :D :dumbles:

welcome back to TDA ^_^

i'm loving everything you have in here :loves: but my favourite is definitely the dramione poster thingie :wub: the colouring on that is amazing!!

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4 UFG5

#3 Amortentia1992

Amortentia1992

"and though she be but little, she is fierce"

• Critique Corner Moderator
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Oooh, Welcome Back! You inspired me so when I was new to graphics, and I'm glad to have you back on board. Everything in here is awesome. I love your seamless animation and I think my favorite graphic is this signature+

I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you and feel free to PM should you want/need anything. :)

Taylor

Previously BrokenButterfly

My Gallery+ | My FFN Page+ -M

7dltTZir_o.png

Beautiful Set by Enigma @ TDA ||  Available | Please PM

#4 Darcy Lewis

Darcy Lewis
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Everything in this is so great! I love your coloring and the dramione poster is hilarious (I never read those lines, either  :D)

Most of all I really like your banners and your current sig! 

Welcome back!!  :hug:

{resources+stock pack}

dearsanta_by_mitternachtsblau-dbv7hs3.pn

Anika ~ needs years to put together a Gallery ~(O.O')

#5 Newt Scamander.

Newt Scamander.

Skaikru

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Reserving this babes xx will come back tomorrow morning and edit as it 3am here!

But on a quick note everything in here looks amazing and i missed seeing you develop your style! :(

perfect sig by my Big Buddy, bittersweetflames. aka Carla.

Amazing Icon by Sunbear.
+May We Meet Again.

Posted Image

#6 steve harrington

steve harrington

Kimi no Na wa

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 509 posts
  • Vault Points:294

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Your blending skills are great!! Congrats on the recent promotion! It's so nice to see people move up in ranks. Welcome back to TDA, also! Your grasp on chapter images is beyond awe-inspiring to me. I love the composition of them. You have such a nice cohesive style. I can't wait to see more of your work!

The Upside Down

Posted Image

Rodrigo • 21 • Joe Keery Enthusiast formerly .v0ldiemort

lucas sanders @pw

amazing set by styles (ronnie), thank you!

#7 styles

styles

sweet creature

• Master Artist
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Hello, Cassie! I'm here with your comment for BBLB of course, but I'd be lying if I said that this was the first time I've popped into your gallery—I'm here at least on a weekly basis, usually after being completely blown away by something you posted in the PYLC thread. :loves: I have always been an admirer of the way you're able to filter your graphics, and I'm so grateful that I get to be your buddy this cycle because maybe you'll be able to instill some ~words of filtering wisdom~ on me? If I could filter at least half as well as you could that'd be a major improvement. :P My favourite things in your gallery are your +header, +this blend, +this blend, and +this sig that you made for me of course, although I have to say I'm also a huge fan of all the Taylor graphics in here, especially those two sigs. :loves: Your colouring is flawless (I'm especially partial to all the purple/pink graphics in here), and your animations are flawless.  :queen: Anyway, continue being the wonderful you that you are, and here's to many more TSwift/Ed Sheeran/Dramione/Riverdale/Nancy Drew graphics and discussions!

▻▻▻  veronica, aka ronnie; hard liquor mixed with a little bit of intellect  ◅◅◅

GfOd1Vd.png

critiques; lovely set by Newt Scamander; previously red herring

#8 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,261 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

hey cassie, i'm here with some crit! Sorry this is late - I've been pretty busy for a while, but I'm here now! So for this crit, I'm going to highlight the repetitive themes I'm seeing in composition and text and suggest how you could change it. You also asked for a cleanout, so I'll do that too!

​COMPOSITION: 

​Immediately, I'm noticing a pattern in your placement. Your composition is indeed quite strong, but it's predictable. In your banners you tend to place your focal point on the right hand side, in your signatures you put your focal point centre left or centre right, and in your chapter images your focal point is normally in the centre. All these are lovely, but it's important that you mix your compositions up a bit - in order to move through the ranks, admins like to see a bit of versatility. In order to avoid getting comfortable, before I make a graphic I actually look at my gallery and look at the patterns. Those last three banners have a focal point to the left...okay time to move things over to the right. I've got four three person banners? Time to make a one person banner - or a five person banner? It's helpful to be very critical of your own work...you're very good with composition so it's time to show us all that you can do and push the boundaries! With your chapter images, put the focal point in the middle rather than down at the bottom. Experiment with placement, or maybe even make text the focal point? The possibilities are endless ^_^ 

TEXT:​ 

​Right now I'm noticing a lot of the same fonts being used. If not the same fonts, they're either of the same family - or very similar style. The text in your signatures is probably at its strongest. There's a variety of different fonts, the colours are right and the placement is good. The only problem is, all the text is placed in the exact same position in every signature. As well you seem to put blocks of colour behind the quote to make it more readable. This is something you should do now and again, not in the majority of your graphics in your gallery. Sometimes pre installed, simple fonts can work best, especially in minimalist graphics, or if a graphic is a little too heavy. So in this++ (left CI) the filtering and animation has made the graphic quite heavy. So the text on top, separate to the focal point, doesn't really work. Finally, make sure that your text doesn't outshine the focal point. In this++  the focal point should be the beast, but with the bright yellow text being the same size as him - it conflicts and the eye doesn't know where to look first. The text should be smaller, and you should use a colour from the actual graphic - to make it cohesive with the rest of the piece, and avoiding it standing out unnecessarily. 

​CLEANOUT: 

​banners - x text and focal point are conflicting, and the girl's head is cut awkwardly, x there's too much in one place so there's no real focal point, and the yellow bars behind the text doesn't really work

icons - x these are the weakest icons in your gallery, while I like the cohesive colour scheme, the blues are a little too intense

chapter images - x the one on the left for reasons mentioned above, and the one on the right is a little too simplistic with its stock use and composition, and the fonts choice doesn't really match the piece overall. 

and that's it! I'm sorry if this is a little short, and may not make sense (i'm full of cold and my brain's a little addled) so if you need any clarification on anything PM me and I'll clear everything up when I'm 100%. I hope this wasn't too harsh and that it was somewhat helpful. :) 

Bex

// hey i'm bex  //  MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first // 

image.png

absolutely perfect signature by my one and only wildest dreams.

~now, sashay away ♥ ~  

#9 spcebaby

spcebaby
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hi Cassie! Just wanted to say your banners are AMAZING. I stalk your gallery a lot to get inspiration! <3

pswYAq.png

#10 niika

niika

believe me, i'm lying

• Master Artist
  • 7,573 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Hi Cassie! 

Wow your graphics are absolutely gorgeous! I love how they're all so different. You're not afraid to experiment with different compositions or colourings, and that variety really shows :) Keep up the amazing work, I hope to see you promoted soon!

niika <3

i1k3m8.png

hi, i'm niika (:  ♥ 

#11 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,261 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

congrats on your promotion!!!
I've been loving all your graphics recently, your style has come so far!
I can't wait to see more of your stuff, especially your signatures - they're my favourite pieces in your gallery atm :wub: :wub:

enjoy your new shade of blue!

Bex

// hey i'm bex  //  MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first // 

image.png

absolutely perfect signature by my one and only wildest dreams.

~now, sashay away ♥ ~  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users