You read that right. We are having a site contest!
As you can see our lovely main page, although very nice, is already 4 years old. “Has it been that long?” some of you ask yourselves. Yes it has, that’s why we decided to have a site contest to get a new design.
Relax, you don’t need to have HTML or CSS knowledge to be able to participate, nor do you have to be an artist of any kind. Any member from TDA can submit an entry.
Entries should be submitted as a flat jpg/png/gif of what your skin will look like. All you have to do is the photoshop work. If your design is chosen, I will do all of the coding - so that should open things up to a wider audience of participants.
- you must be a tda member (duh)
- your design must be submitted as a flat .jpg/.gif/.png
- you must be able to provide a .psd/.pdf version of your design
- your image must be submitted by June 26th
- your skin must either scale (grow or shrink to fit the users screen resolution) or be no larger than 780x450 pixels
- somewhere on it, your skin must say "the dark arts"
- your skin must incorporate an area for rotators. Dimensions must be 335x172 pixels (the current size)
- TDA doesn't often have a lot of main page content. we really prefer to keep things to the forum where possible, but we do reserve the right to occasionally say SOMETHING, so give us somewhere to do it.
- Somewhere for the main links (Request a Banner, Visit our Galleries, Visit the Forums)
Admins reserve the right to ultimate and final say on a skin, with no explanation offered. BUT, of course we try not to be trolls, so here's some idea of what we're looking for.
First, of course we're looking for something that puts the site's best foot forward. Over time, TDA has grown to be more than just a place for HPFF banners - and that's a great thing - but it also means that slapping a picture of Harry on the main page isn't really the best plan for us, so try to avoid any obvious fandoms unless you're really knocking things out of the park. Also, rotators are very important to the TDA main page as they showcase our artists work. For that reason, making sure that your skin will be able to "work" with them is important.
Try not to keep it overly complicated. Sometimes less is more and the more it has the harder it can be to code and the longer it will take. If your design is too heavy to code or to load and if we see that it might cause some browser incompabilities, we will choose another one. I’m not being mean, just trying to advise you
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Images may be submitted by posting them in this thread anytime between now and the deadline date of June 26th.
We at TDA are all very much broke, so no prizes will be awarded besides the satisfaction of having your own design on the front page of the site
If you are in need of some inspiration, this site offers a lot of amazing colour schemes (it’s actually what heaven is made of) +Design Seeds
If you have any questions, please post here as well