Avi_Stole_My_Heart

• Senior Artist
  • 4,675 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:185

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

Hey Taylor! :D

Long time no see - though I know the absence on my part. :couch:

Anyways, I just wanted to come by and really praise you for how far you've come in your graphics.  :thumbup:  Even looking in the pylc thread, I can see you've made progress. I love your new graphics, especially your top banner, and the signature you just posted. :loves: I know you've been a Junior for a while, but it's still good to see you in JA blue.  :halo:

Keep working hard and keep up the good work my friend.  :fangirl:

|| Alishya || +Gallery+Designer Gallery || TDA's Resident of Eppes Brothers Fanatic || Available (Please PM beforehand) ||

vWC6Tc.gif

#20 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,792 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

Heyyy, LB! <3 I’m here to give your gallery some love!

I love your stock use so much - as someone who lives and dies on stock, it’s so awesome to see it here. :wub: +this is probably my favorite graphic of yours - it’s absolutely lovely! I can’t wait to keep working with you! <3

I think my biggest comment in terms of constructive crit is really working to establish some consistency. You've got all the pieces (your text +here and +here is good, for example, but it's really hard to read +here and +here), you just need to apply them more reliably. Overall, though, you've got a lovely gallery. :D

Edited by abhorsen., 17 November 2017 - 12:17 AM.

- branwen -

lgms coordinator -- dueling arena moderator -- social media manager

Posted Image

+about lgms | signature by starbuck | +submit your artwork!

+artist q&a | +gallery | +hpft author page

#21 steve harrington

steve harrington

i love you so

• Off Topic Moderator
  • 699 posts
  • Vault Points:294

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

Hi Taylor!! Wow! Great gallery! Im just snooping around trying to see everyones work and I must say I am loving your colors! I especially love your use of reds in your vertical banner. I just love it! Also I was wondering what font you used for the word sands in sands of fate? I hope its not too much to ask! Have a lovely day!

Fillory and Further

vZzDHM.png

Rodrigo • 22 • Joe Keery Enthusiast formerly .v0ldiemort • happy pride

thank you meghan (doctor ziegler) for the signature

thank you maia (milominderbinder) for icon

#22 &thereshegoes

&thereshegoes

TDA's resident derp

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,323 posts
  • Vault Points:a gazillion

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

omg your vertical banners are so bomb! i have such a hard time with comp on those but yours all look really cool :)

i also love +this banner, there's just something so magical about it!!! (no pun intended lol)

-Sankavi :caren:

Edited by &thereshegoes, 31 January 2018 - 01:16 PM.

sup, im sankavi

fF9ZBd1.png

+He's Harry FREAKING Potter // +HPFF

#23 jellybean jones

jellybean jones
  • Junior Artist
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

oh my gosh! i absolutely ADORE your vertical banners (teach me! oh my gosh), along with your icons. i love everything about them i'm extremely jealous!

myblood.png

sammi | gallery

#24 nomad

nomad

we are the reckless

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

um, hello, i did not know vertical banners could be so awesome?

and yours are. i am supremely impressed. especially this+ one! 

and this+ blend is just breathtaking. i love the composition and coloring. 

keep up the amazing work! 

CALL ME KAT

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
available for requests.

lovely tonight*

#25 Kirjava

Kirjava

The future Mrs. Shona Eddie Redmayne (one day)

• Senior Artist
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hi there Taylor! I've seen a good few of your graphics around the site so it's just as well I'm dropping by!

You have some stunning pieces in here :wub: You have such a knack for vertical banners ohmy. And the colouring on this is wonderful! <3

Keep up the brilliant work!

Shona

Edited by Kirjava, 01 April 2018 - 03:04 PM.

Shona

Into this Wild Abyss

Posted Image

Bex (Beyond the rain) loooooves me looooves loooves me!

#26 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 873 posts
  • Vault Points:1381

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Hi Taylor!
First of all, I'm so jealous of your vertical banners and icons! The composition of both are incredible, especially considering how difficult they are to do! I love the way you incorporate the text into your icons. It works so well! I also love the simplicity of the comp of +this CI, as well as the b/w with a pop of colour!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

-Amy

amy. +watching it burn previously caomoyl

vBHhsb.png

| +Artist Q&A | beautiful signature by starbuck.! | +Trophy Shelf |

#27 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:53 PM

Hey Taylor, here with a quick pre-promo cleanout! Honestly, there's not really enough in here to do a real cleanout - you need to bulk up a few sections rather than clear out the less great graphics. We'd ideally like to see 3-6 banners/sigs/CIs and 1-2 icon sets and blends, especially making the jump from senior to grad (try to hit at least 4 of those 5 categories with 2+ graphics, and 1-2 with 4+). (Obviously this is just a guideline and not a firm rule, but I'd like to see a dozen or more solid graphics.)

That said, I would take out the icons and the signature, they're pretty basic compared to everything else, and try to replace them with stronger graphics (not necessarily an icon set and signature). Hope this helps, and feel free to pm if you have any questions!

-Cat

xxm91d.png

catgalleryq&a | semi-available | read the rules

#28 GorJesSpazzer!

GorJesSpazzer!
  • Master Artist
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Hi!!

I love how you use so many different fonts, it's so great to see! My favorite is +this banner because I can never get that font to work, and it looks so cool! Both the main text, and the lilypad. You also do vertical banners which is just jaw droppingly cool.

Can't wait to see more of your stuff, and to download alllllll of the fonts you use because they're so good! 

Lucinda Gardener || Giselle Gatson
Posted Image
gallery  || ask me anything

#29 rock&roll!

rock&roll!

tda's biochemist-to-be

• TDA Superstar
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

hellooooooo

I've been meaning to comment in your gallery for a while because of the title - it's an Amy MacDonald lyric and are you a massive fan like me???? or is it coincidence and now I look silly?

but on a real note your banners are so good, especially your vertical ones. your tut is so helpful and if I can achieve even 30% of your comp skills then I will be so happy!!

zoë!

imvzWDY.jpg

gallery: +under stars & available & this beauty is by mcgraths & they/them/their pronouns & tia ross @ pw

#30 ShadowRose

ShadowRose
  • Junior Artist
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

hello name twin!!

your gallery is gorgeous - especially your vertical banners!! i've been meaning to try them but the size is weird and it makes me nervous, but you do them so well! i love your use of text and animation as well  :loves:   i definitely think my favorite graphics are your distance & heartache banner (the comppppppp <3 ) and the expecto patronum sig

i can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

taylor. she/her/hers. gryffindor.

Posted Image

+i'm not gonna sugarcoat it, babe

#31 GorJesSpazzer!

GorJesSpazzer!
  • Master Artist
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Hi Taylor!! It’s Dayna from the critique corner

First area to work on- when it comes to vertical banners, you have the text in almost the exact same place on the three of them. The way they’re placed makes it super obvious because they’re all right next to each other. So maybe play with composition a bit more on those, perhaps moving some people to the bottom of the top third, and then shifting your main text from almost dead center to a lower point just for some variety when it comes to looking at your galley. 

In chapter images, I don’t know if this is intentional or not but the frame in your Winnie the Pooh CI disappears briefly. It’s an adorable CI, and I love the coloring on it. On ++this chapter image I feel like the blue of the text is very vibrant but the blue of Fleur is not so it just jolts out. 

When it comes to coloring you’re not failing, so maybe just try to experiment more! Use gradient maps on exclusion or linear burn on lower opacities to really add something different. Your graphics tend to have yellow tones to them, perhaps go into selective color and change the neutrals or go to mixer and mess with some of the blue layers to tone that down if you want a different coloring. Most of your models are not completely off, but there is difference in the skin tone in a few graphics that could easily be fixed with a little more image prep. 

I would also recommend working on spacing. On a few it’s like you have too many things on similar eye levels or too close to each other or the same size that it just feel heavy and crowded in that one area. Some people find using the grid when they’re composing a graphic helps a lot! It lets you see the different space and how you’re moving your eyes (especially with text) around. On your Teddy signature, the little model is really far off to the side and up in a corner it kind of throws the balance off.

Weakest graphics in my opinion: ++1 ++2 ++3

Let me know if you need any clarity, I hope this was helpful! 

Lucinda Gardener || Giselle Gatson
Posted Image
gallery  || ask me anything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users