#37 daredevil

daredevil

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,396 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

congrats on your promo monika!

you've improved so much recently; you're really developing a gorgeous style, and I can see you improving heaps more in the future as well <3

+this sig is my favourite favourite favourittteeee! I love the composition and colouring.

enjoy your new colour! you really deserve it <3

love,

vee

(ノ◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧

vee & gallery & unavailable for the forseeable future

KUcZ0cz.png

★ texture pack texture pack v.2 digital painting tutorial & prev: legolas.

#38 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

Aaah thank you so much <33

remember me to one who lives there
Posted Image
available pm first

formerly horcruxxx // sig by Ess

#39 EnSeven

EnSeven
  • Veteran Artist
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hi there, just looking through your gallery and wow, you've got some amazing pieces in here.  I love the comp and stock usage in this banner, and well actually pretty much everything about it.  And the monochrome in this is gorgeous!

Formerly known as PhoenixAlthor

JBzPCYC.png

"By the homeworld I hope to see one day."

GALLERY

#40 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thank you <33

I still think banners are my weakest side, so I'm really glad you like it!!
and the monochrome sig is my baby and my pride! :D

Posted Image
available pm first

#41 daredevil

daredevil

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

hi monika!

thought i'd drop by and let you know how much I love your stuff :wub:

your colouring and comp and filtering is just out of this world and unbelievably pretty :wub: and +this is so so so gorgeous! I love the mono and the comp and i love how the photos you chose work perfectly in the comp, and how everything just looks so flawlessly blended ahhhh

you're awesome. keep up the great work!

love,

vee

/rolls away

(ノ◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧

vee & gallery & unavailable for the forseeable future

KUcZ0cz.png

★ texture pack texture pack v.2 digital painting tutorial & prev: legolas.

#42 and peggy

and peggy

mc pee pants

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 2,684 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

hi monika! everything here is just amazing. i realllly really love this+. the composition and coloring are absolutely perfect. it looks so smooth and seamless. every one of your graphics has totally different coloring and they all look completely unique. but yet your style is so clear and permeates through everything in this gallery. i'm also a secret stalker so i've been watching you  :hide: and you've improved like crazy this month! your graphics have become even more clean and well composed, and there's something more sophisticated about your style :P i can't wait to keep checking back here. you have a fan in me!!

xx Alison <3

a l i s o n

Posted Image

available - pm first . gallery 

#43 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Vee: thank you so much! Yes, when I first made the Wilder sig I just sat in front of my computer and stared at it, because I really liked it too *.*

Alison: hi secret stalker :D thank you so much for all the nice words! Yeah I don't have one coloring style, because given that my composition and my text are rather similar I think, I would end up making clones, not graphics :D So I experiment with coloring a lot ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Posted Image
available pm first

#44 arielle!

arielle!

Humans don't just discover; they create! ♥

• Veteran Artist
  • 990 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hello Monika!

Its Liz here with your requested critique!!

I'll tackle your acknowledged weak points one at a time, and then I'll highlight your strengths.   :happy: 

1. Focal Point

In regards to your banners, I can tell when the composition gets repetitive. You seem to be most comfortable with placing two subjects or models on either side of the banner with text in the middle. It seems you might also have the same composition problems with signatures? In your signatures its looks like you are comfortable with models collected in the middle of the graphic (it is a difficult canvas). A way to break free from this would be to force yourself into placing models and/or text in an area that you wouldn't normally place them. Do this over and over again with your graphics, even if not every one is gallery worthy at first - because eventually you will get used to making new and creative compositions. This is what I did when I fell into a composition rut. 

2. Image Quality

Honestly I do not see an image quality problem in your gallery! What could be perceived as image quality, might actually be images that are over-sharpened - such as THIS banner. It is a lovely banner, but both the text and the models look as if they have been over-sharpened. Be careful with filters/the sharpen tool as they can lower the quality of the graphic pretty fast. After you use either tool, always fade the tool about 45-60%. You can fade by clicking "Edit" at the very top of the screen and "fade _____" will be the third option down. 

3. Text

​I can see that you are experimenting with text and as far as text is concerned.....it is a tricky beast. I am still working to defeat text myself. However, you are very comfortable with the font used in THIS, THIS and THIS. Also the cursive font used in THIS and THIS. Firstly, again force yourself to try new fonts. Before you begin to put text into the next graphic you make, go to your gallery and see what you already have. Make yourself refuse to use whatever is already there two or more times. Then after that graphic, when you make the next - force yourself to not use any font that is already in your gallery. You will be soon constantly looking for new fonts all the time. A good place to look if you haven't already is dafont.com. Another thing I noticed is that you are really comfortable with using a gray or silver color in you texts featured in your CIs and your signatures. When you color your texts, try to use the color picker tool to use a color already featured in you graphic. 

4. Strengths

YAY TIME FOR SQUEEING!!! :sean: 

Okay, first of all I really love you coloring! I love how it looks like you are experimenting with your coloring and not every graphic has the same coloring! THIS coloring is beautiful, as is THIS. Great great great job on keeping everything balanced and not over-coloring too much. I am very impressed. Also, your stock/texture use is awesome! While composition struggles might follow you now, you will be free of this very very soon! You use stock and textures so splendidly that once you break free of your comfort zone - I would not be surprised AT ALL if you become well known for your stock/texture/composition use. I love your creativity and experimentation. Keep it up and I can't wait to see more from you in the future!!! 

Many hugs,

Liz  :loves: 

Edited by arielle!, 07 January 2016 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

I Got That Sunshine In My Pocket

Liz - PM for availability

#45 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

Thank you so much for your crib and help! I've read what you wrote three times already haha and I'm gonna keep reading it every time I try making something new. For a while at least :3

Okay, so I did try doing something about the repetitiveness in my sigs composition AND tried using new font (well, one new font, I'm not ready to let small caliber go). And here's what I came up with:
((removed - Monika))

Thank you again for taking your time to help me <3

Edited by Lola., 23 May 2016 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image
available pm first

#46 skittery

skittery

⋌༼ ̀ ⌂ ́ ༽⋋

• Master Artist
  • 2,396 posts
  • Vault Points:515

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

Congrats on the promo! Your graphics are great and you deserve it so much! :)

anna.
Posted Image Posted Image
[icons by beyond the rain]

#47 and peggy

and peggy

mc pee pants

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 2,684 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

hey Monika! this has been a long time coming :D congrats on your promo. it's so well deserved. you're constantly improving and working hard on trying new things. keep making pretties for all of us to drool over!!

Bt9LB7S.png

a l i s o n

Posted Image

available - pm first . gallery 

#48 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:25 AM

hey there Monika! your graphics are gorgeous and you totally deserve the promo! I was rooting for ya <3

a lil' something from me :D

raBdVK7.png

#49 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

Congrats on the promo! Your graphics are great and you deserve it so much! :)

:queen: thank you, skittery <33

hey Monika! this has been a long time coming :D congrats on your promo. it's so well deserved. you're constantly improving and working hard on trying new things. keep making pretties for all of us to drool over!!

THANK YOU ALISON! Huge fan of your graphics here as well :D <33

hey there Monika! your graphics are gorgeous and you totally deserve the promo! I was rooting for ya <3

a lil' something from me :D

YOU WERE? thank you so much  :dumbles:

Posted Image
available pm first

#50 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,441 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:27 PM

16q7gfb.png

Monikaaaa! I'm totally not surprised you won MC this

month! You and your graphics are perfect! Your sigs

are to DIE for and your coloring is always on point.

Enjoy your new blue, graduate! You deserve it. <3  :)

- Katlynn

K   A   T   L   Y   N   N

mdDLqe.png

gorgeous sig by A LITTLE LIFE. // formerly  ARRIETTY. // visit my  GALLERY

#51 Lola.

Lola.

mrs bloom

• Graduate Artist
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Monikaaaa! I'm totally not surprised you won MC this

month! You and your graphics are perfect! Your sigs

are to DIE for and your coloring is always on point.

Enjoy your new blue, graduate! You deserve it. <3  :)

- Katlynn

*.* Thank you so so much!! 

Posted Image
available pm first

#52 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Master Artist
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hi Monika, I'm Ronnie.  :hiwave:  You posted a really sweet comment in my gallery a few months ago, and because I'm terrible at time management I'm only getting back to you now. Thank god I finally did though, because I've fallen so in love with your signatures and your chapter images (especially your cis, because they are my achilles' heel). The filtering and text is great on +this one, and I love the colouring and composition on +this one. (I'm hoping that by staring at your beautiful chapter images some of your talent will rub off on me. :P)

Also, your monochrome! It's great, like on +this! That in combination with your filtering makes for some pretty fierce and spectacular graphics, such as +this signature (love the red/brown colouring too).

Carry on with your talented ways. :3

▻▻▻  veronica, aka ronnie; 353 days  ◅◅◅

JHzsyYT.png

critiques; sig by the wonderful cassie (aurevoir)!

#53 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• Senior Artist
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

lroN20a.gif

Hey Monika!

Stopping by to leave you a bit of holiday love on your gallery!

Wow! You have a ton of graphics in here! And everything is such high quality too! I can’t get over how beautiful everything is.

One of my favorite graphics is your animated Umbridge banner. The animation on it is so flawless and I’m super impressed at how you managed to keep the image quality so good. Honestly, you captured her character so perfectly in that graphic.

The Happy Feet CI is so adorable too.  I love the blue background and the image of the penguin is so cute. The text works really well on it.

Your Fred and George icons are my everything. <3 I love the coloring and the textures.

Wishing you happy holidays and a New Year full of joy! :hug:

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users