MyZcoLF.png

4EwxJWp.png

Iegk32.png

dnPjv9l.png

1lOKeaU.png

IegTvN.png

X28SFUD.png

award by winter soldier

graduate | december 2014 (award by golden.)

senior | october 2014 (award by Crowley)

junior | september 2014 (award by Mercury)

finalist - most original artist | DMA 2014 (award by Mintleaf)

finalist - best at composition | DMA 2015 (award by starbuck.)

winner - best at text | DMA 2016 (award by page thirteen.)

member ybw | august 2014 (award by bittersweetflames)
senior ybw | october 2014 (award by Schultz.)

grad ybw | december 2014 (award by legolas.)

grad ybw | january 2015 (award by &themoon)

Ieg21n.png

tumblr
barunsbutt, effietrinket, slayground, yunhojaejoong

deviantart
9-liters-of-art, accio-glow, amidnighteaparty, Caren, Carllton, Crystallanxi, dontayyy, empy-rean, evenstarss, footlongisland, freefolking, kosmic-love, maeappleseed, mellowmint, misssnoopy25, Mixiuery, MPepina, MyDeadLove, NYVelvet, planetsbend05, prettysmilex, RavenOrlov, Rosebein, SatelliteAlice, seunghor, sharkbaitresources, Sixxtear, so-ghislaine, Starved-Soul, stewark, taxitoheaven, thousandsof-words, tuschen, vanessax17, vikyvampirs90

other

vanya's vibrant stock pack v2, vee's texture pack v2

two-percent.net

Edited by east of the sun, 28 July 2017 - 12:36 PM.

r o ( s a l i n d )     |     c h a s s é - c r o i s é

LvEE2Be.png

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

welcome to TDA!

before this gallery can be approved please read our copyright rules+ and the copyrighted images masterlist+ - you are using images from here+ but they are under an attribution, non-commercial, no derivatives license which means you can't use them. please remove any graphics that contain copyrighted material or material whose source is unknown (where you can't credit the photographer because you don't know who took the photo). we also have a is this okay to use? + subforum where you can ask members whether an image you want to use can be used or whether a particular website can be a source for stock/textures/model images ;) please also note that TDA has a ban on PSD use because if you use PSDs it means that graphics using them are not your own work (i'm saying this because some of the people you credit also offer PSDs along with textures).

also, to become a member artist you have to have at least 5 posts.

when you have made the necessary changes you can pm me (or any staff mod) to have your gallery approved.

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) (M) || art&fic || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4

#3 Potterhead

Potterhead
  • 653 posts
  • Software:I Don't Design Graphics

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

HOLA FROM YOUR FELLOW CANADIAN

Bro bro bro bro bro bro your stuff is absolutely fab. I'm just gonna sit here and stare in awe at your pretty gallery.

set by bittersweetflames!

HPFF (M) |  you can call me Grace
jxyvcpF.png

#4 eons.

eons.

SECRET TUNNEL

• 656 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Magic. That's the only explanation. Pure sorcery.

Your stuff is too sparkly to comprehend. Wait for my primitive earthling brain to catch up with your transcendant graphics.

Edited by The_Crookshanks_Saga, 15 August 2014 - 08:51 PM.

meena, pm first

Posted Image

Gallery.

#5 Antiquity

Antiquity
  • Graduate Artist
  • 4,478 posts
  • Software:Paint Shop Pro

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hey Rosalind! I'm Bea. :) Geez, you've got some skills! +this and +this are my favorites. :wub: Actually, I adore all of your chapter images. Teach me the ways.

Oh, and welcome to TDA. :laugh:

#6 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

oh my gosh comments I LOOOOOOVE comments

tumblr_inline_n7yp4gXg0d1ro8fjr.gif

HOLA FROM YOUR FELLOW CANADIAN

Bro bro bro bro bro bro your stuff is absolutely fab. I'm just gonna sit here and stare in awe at your pretty gallery.

Canada buddies! *multiple high fives* Urg thank you so much <33

Magic. That's the only explanation. Pure sorcery.

Your stuff is too sparkly to comprehend. Wait for my primitive earthling brain to catch up with your transcendant graphics.

Sparkly? I've never heard that one before :O thanks! (though I think transcendent is going a bit far ;D maybe "mildly intriguing" would be a better descriptor)

Hey Rosalind! I'm Bea.  :) Geez, you've got some skills! +this and +this are my favorites.  :wub: Actually, I adore all of your chapter images. Teach me the ways.

Oh, and welcome to TDA.  :laugh:

Hi Bea! Thank you for the welcome <3 I'm having fun exploring >-> I'm so glad you like them <3 It was tricky to incorporate the animation in the first, so I'm super stoked somebody's enjoying it! 

Edited by rosalind, 15 August 2014 - 10:16 PM.

LvEE2Be.png

#7 tormenta

tormenta

Michael Cera

• 426 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

holy moly you're from canada i'm from canada you dislike cats i dislike cats I APPROVE OF YOU AND THIS GALLERY AND YEAH LETS BE BFFLS

anyway
yoooo you can ICON LIKE DAYUM.
actually if you're unsure
you can just GRAPHIC in GENERAL
and you're really badass at it. seriously, you're gonna be climbing up the promos like whoa
i lurve the lighting and comp in everything and <333
great work! :wub:

//edit: OMFG I HATE MUSHROOMS TOO WE ARE TWINS KK BYE

Edited by NadiaWeasley, 15 August 2014 - 09:48 PM.

got twitter? follow TheDarkArtsNet

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

icons by motspeinture@lj

you knew me previously as NadiaWeasley | pm first thx 

+we're taking this a little too far³  

#8 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

holy moly you're from canada i'm from canada you dislike cats i dislike cats I APPROVE OF YOU AND THIS GALLERY AND YEAH LETS BE BFFLS

anyway
yoooo you can ICON LIKE DAYUM.
actually if you're unsure
you can just GRAPHIC in GENERAL
and you're really badass at it. seriously, you're gonna be climbing up the promos like whoa
i lurve the lighting and comp in everything and <333
great work! :wub:

//edit: OMFG I HATE MUSHROOMS TOO WE ARE TWINS KK BYE

WHOA BRAIN WARP.

I actually love cats :c they just make me feel terrible (all the cries)

:O thank you! I don't think I've actually been specifically complimented on my icons before (teeny weeny canvases make me roll over and die) so you are like totally my new favourite person in the history of ever. And I actually just joined the site looking for a new challenge ^^

LvEE2Be.png

#9 Z.B.L.J.U.V.

Z.B.L.J.U.V.
  • Master Artist
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Yay Ro, you're also here (it's cosmic.LOVE :-) )
WoW, your gallery looks even more amazing here *_* you are just amazing (but you already know that I think so <3)
Keep it up! ^^

Edited by Z.B.L.J.U.V., 16 August 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Away (from time to time) beacuse of school :(
***Long live the king***
IiZdJQd.png
thank you Green <3

#10 bittersweetflames

bittersweetflames

filtering is my jam. I have it on my bread

• Master Artist
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Hiya Rosalind. :) Carla here with your crit. :) In your form you mentioned that you were having issues with the yellow/blue coloring and variety. I'll try to help you best I can. ;)

Strength: Comp. Obviously, you know how to make textures and people work so well. Your icons, in particular, show a terrific skill of blending and texture use. Keep it up.
Weakness: I'll address with your worries on coloring. I actually love your coloring but if you really want to get variety try a few tricks I learned from someone... Place a black and white gradient map before you color and then add your other coloring layers to make a mono coloring. Don't use any blues. Then remove the black and white gradient map. It's a nifty trick to get out of the comfort zone of turning full colour graphics into the same color over and over. :) Also, if you keep using SC, try not to use it in one graphic. If you don't use Curves just use that foir a graphic. It's all really a matter of self-discipline since you already know how to work your program. :) Also I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out that you might want to watch out for clutter in your graphics. You are obviously very comfortable with using stocks and textures but sometimes they read too busy especially towards the edges and detracts from the focal point.

Least Fave: this+  This is what I mean about the texture use being a bit clutter-y The square things at the edge in particular. The comp without it is actually quite strong since you've already got the 3 girls and the semi-large text. Don't get me wrong, though. This is still very pretty.
Most Fave: this+  -dies- God, I love love love this. The composition si perfect! Busy without being too cluttered; the color is stunning and perfect for it and the text just suits it all around. <3 gorgeous, mhmm. <3

Anyway, that's it. Hope that helped. If you have any question, I'm only a PM away.:)

Posted Image
the war on words is real+ || HPFF author page 15+ || deviantart+

icon by me. absolutely smexy sig by my buddy, karni. be jealous. :wub:
available but please pm first! :) 

#11 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

Yay Ro, you're also here (it's cosmic.LOVE :-) )
WoW, your gallery looks even more amazing here *_* you are just amazing (but you already know that I think so <3)
Keep it up! ^^

Hi Tea :D Thanks <3 gradually getting the hang of this super-different system >->

Hiya Rosalind. :) Carla here with your crit. :) In your form you mentioned that you were having issues with the yellow/blue coloring and variety. I'll try to help you best I can. ;)

Strength: Comp. Obviously, you know how to make textures and people work so well. Your icons, in particular, show a terrific skill of blending and texture use. Keep it up.
Weakness: I'll address with your worries on coloring. I actually love your coloring but if you really want to get variety try a few tricks I learned from someone... Place a black and white gradient map before you color and then add your other coloring layers to make a mono coloring. Don't use any blues. Then remove the black and white gradient map. It's a nifty trick to get out of the comfort zone of turning full colour graphics into the same color over and over. :) Also, if you keep using SC, try not to use it in one graphic. If you don't use Curves just use that foir a graphic. It's all really a matter of self-discipline since you already know how to work your program. :) Also I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out that you might want to watch out for clutter in your graphics. You are obviously very comfortable with using stocks and textures but sometimes they read too busy especially towards the edges and detracts from the focal point.

Least Fave: this+  This is what I mean about the texture use being a bit clutter-y The square things at the edge in particular. The comp without it is actually quite strong since you've already got the 3 girls and the semi-large text. Don't get me wrong, though. This is still very pretty.
Most Fave: this+  -dies- God, I love love love this. The composition si perfect! Busy without being too cluttered; the color is stunning and perfect for it and the text just suits it all around. <3 gorgeous, mhmm. <3

Anyway, that's it. Hope that helped. If you have any question, I'm only a PM away. :)

Thank you for the critique! I've never thought about colouring like that :O I'll be sure to try it for the next thing I make, it sounds really interesting! And I'll try to keep the clutter thing in mind :x (it's a problem, I know, but *LE SIGH* I do love piling more and more on all the time)

LvEE2Be.png

#12 aurevoir

aurevoir

cassielassie <3

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

:dumbles:  :dumbles:  :dumbles: <that's what you do for your graphics.

THIS blows my mind. I love how the animation is something subtle, but it makes the graphic even more awesome than it was. And I love your texture use :hearts: I can't wait to see you move up through the ranks here =D In the mean time, I'm going to sit and drool over your icons because they are so beautiful.

[also, I'm stealing Carla's tip on the black/white gradient to do coloring.]

<3cassie

Mx0EkqB.png

...ready for it? || picture.perfect

available, but PM please!

#13 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

:dumbles:  :dumbles:  :dumbles: <that's what you do for your graphics.

THIS blows my mind. I love how the animation is something subtle, but it makes the graphic even more awesome than it was. And I love your texture use :hearts: I can't wait to see you move up through the ranks here =D In the mean time, I'm going to sit and drool over your icons because they are so beautiful.

[also, I'm stealing Carla's tip on the black/white gradient to do coloring.]

<3cassie

*LE HUMONGOUS SIGH* if only I were a wizard D: I'd totally take advantage of the fact that I'm now 17 and don't have the trace.

And thank you <3 I do like unnecessary animation ;P 

(it's such a great tip, yeah? :O)

LvEE2Be.png

#14 loveatfirstview

loveatfirstview
  • Veteran Artist
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

What is this? D:

There's like nothing you can't do apparently!

But let's start with Hey, I'm Leo, I love your gallery.

And I'm crazy jealous of your icon skills. They make me wanna make some. Until I realize

I'm not able to pull them of like you are.

Seriously, they're amazing! How do you work so well with textures and text and people

and everything on a tiny little canvas like that?

I love love lvoe your 'truth' signature, it's awesome. The coloring and texture use and everything, just :wub:

And that 'burning sand' banner, holy ****!

Also your blend, my god. All of them. :cry:

I'm officially a big fan, I hope to see more stuff soon! :loves: :loves:

CALL ME Leo | semi-available pm first please!

1z48k1z.png

we have both been here before

#15 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

What is this? D:

There's like nothing you can't do apparently!

But let's start with Hey, I'm Leo, I love your gallery.

And I'm crazy jealous of your icon skills. They make me wanna make some. Until I realize

I'm not able to pull them of like you are.

Seriously, they're amazing! How do you work so well with textures and text and people

and everything on a tiny little canvas like that?

I love love lvoe your 'truth' signature, it's awesome. The coloring and texture use and everything, just :wub:

And that 'burning sand' banner, holy ****!

Also your blend, my god. All of them. :cry:

I'm officially a big fan, I hope to see more stuff soon! :loves: :loves:

Oh gosh thank you so much <333 I'm glad you like my graphics c: lately I've been stuck in a rut, so I've been making things like crazy to get the muse going ;D so updates aren't so far off.

LvEE2Be.png

#16 JoanneK

JoanneK
  • 991 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

I saw you post over in the challenges and just had to come check out your gallery. You just earned yourself an odd fangirl because I honestly can't even!  :drop:

You colouring is absolutely breathtaking. And the way your text melds into the composition of your graphics so seamlessly... how do you even do that?! I especially adore your first set of icons and your 'Lost' sig.

P.S. I'm allergic to a ridiculous amount of things, too, including cats and pollen. 

Posted Image

~GALLERY~

#17 east of the sun

east of the sun
  • Master Artist
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

I saw you post over in the challenges and just had to come check out your gallery. You just earned yourself an odd fangirl because I honestly can't even!  :drop:

You colouring is absolutely breathtaking. And the way your text melds into the composition of your graphics so seamlessly... how do you even do that?! I especially adore your first set of icons and your 'Lost' sig.

P.S. I'm allergic to a ridiculous amount of things, too, including cats and pollen. 

AGH THE FANGIRL JOKE <3 thank you so much for the lovely comment  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Text is probably what takes the longest for me to get right, so you have no idea how much I appreciate your pep!

(maybe we're secretly the same person)

LvEE2Be.png

#18 rainbowprism

rainbowprism

• 773 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

FANGIRLS ARE ODD BECAUSE THEY CANT EVEN AHAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT

i also LOVE your graphics holy heck. you filter so incredibly??????? im SO jealous. im scared of filters that arent sharpen!

your graphics have such strong whites<<<<<<3333333 its so cool.

((also u like taylor swift omg same))

i cant wait to see what else you make!!<3

chloe. on the way back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users