#19 luv-ley

luv-ley
  • Junior Artist
  • 18 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Your graphics are so beautiful :D 

please don't think I'm odd, I just wanted to tell you, you have talent :3

okay, maybe I'm a little odd but you know... yeah...

Posted Image

#20 harry styles.

harry styles.

larrysquad

• 849 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hi!

I'm Sarah!

I can see why you put your blends at the top of the gallery. They're all so incredible!!! Your Colorizations are gorgeous too! I can't even pretend to do one, so I'll just admire yours for like, ever.

I honestly can't believe I haven't come here and left a comment yet, because your gallery is amazingly beautiful and I've definitely seen you around and I normally click on EVERYONE'S gallery link. But I'm here now! So that's what counts, right?

I'm in love with the comp on all of your graphics, it's all so beautiful and the gallery flows flawlessly. I'm like in love with it! 

This was probably my favourite thing of them all, and not just because I love the actress that you used, but because I think it's perfect. Literally.

So anyways, your gallery just made my day a billion times better! 

Keep making pretty graphics so I can admire them!

xoxo Sarah

Sarah &&  f.major & o. rutherford

Posted Image

&& just off hiatus && let me sing you a lullaby &&

#21 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Oh, thank you so

Hi!

I'm Sarah!

I can see why you put your blends at the top of the gallery. They're all so incredible!!! Your Colorizations are gorgeous too! I can't even pretend to do one, so I'll just admire yours for like, ever.

I honestly can't believe I haven't come here and left a comment yet, because your gallery is amazingly beautiful and I've definitely seen you around and I normally click on EVERYONE'S gallery link. But I'm here now! So that's what counts, right?

I'm in love with the comp on all of your graphics, it's all so beautiful and the gallery flows flawlessly. I'm like in love with it! 

This was probably my favourite thing of them all, and not just because I love the actress that you used, but because I think it's perfect. Literally.

So anyways, your gallery just made my day a billion times better! 

Keep making pretty graphics so I can admire them!

xoxo Sarah

Oh, thank you so much! I'm so flattered that you think so highly of my work. :blush: Especially my blends - I've tended to struggle a bit with those, but I'm finally started to feel like I've found my stride, and I'm glad you agree. :)

:hug: Thank you!

- branwen -

lgms coordinator -- dueling arena moderator -- social media manager

Posted Image

+about lgms | signature by starbuck | +submit your artwork!

+artist q&a | +gallery | +hpft author page

#22 catharsis

catharsis

my world is reduced to a single instinct: survive

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,200 posts
  • Software:Paint

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi Branwen! :hiwave: 

I can't believe I've never posted in your gallery before. :ohmy: Your colouring is out of this world, seriously. And let me just say now that your last chapter image is absolutely gorgeous. :drop: I love your composition and the way you use textures and stock, especially on your banners. I think they're probably my favourite section of your gallery because they all look kickass awesome. :wub: The first and second banners are my favourites. 

Will you make more soon? :D I can't wait to see what you do next!

Daisy~ :hug:

-- crystal moccasins, bionic cheese --

i live, i die, I LIVE AGAIN. (except probably not because i'm really busy sorry)

Posted Image

#23 graylyn

graylyn
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

Hi there!

Can I just say that I am in awe of your work?

Each & every one of them show off your amazing skill, with the intricate small details, perfect filtering and amazing resource use!

Choosing favourites is impossible because all of them are just perfection, and you have so much talent!

You are sooo amazing, keep making gorgeous work!! :wub:

#24 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Aw, thank you so much! :)

- branwen -

Posted Image

#25 bittersweetflames

bittersweetflames

filtering is my jam. I have it on my bread

• Master Artist
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hiya Branwen. :) Carla here with your crit. 

Anyway, before I become all formal and critique-y, I really really love your name. lol. <3 AND LEO MESSI, OMG! D= ok, on to the crit:

Strength: You mentioned in the form that text and comp is your weakness but I personally think that your comp is quite strong. :) I love your use of stock and people so I think that's a major strength for you so keep it up.
Weakness: I agree that text is a weakness. What I think might be the issues are color (you tend to use colors that stand out too much; in this vein try to blur the words or lower the opacity a bit to make it blend in more), font size (sometimes, especially with fancier fonts if it's too small it looks to cramped in. So, maybe practice to make it bigger or even when small, smudged outwards to make it look big), font choice (this might come with practice but I can see you work so much better with the simpler fonts. Maybe try from there before going more fancy until you're more comfortable)
Also, I wanted to add in that you might want to watch out with the contrast. This might be my monitor but I would be careful about the gradients and how some parts of a person's face has really obvious dark and light spots and somtimes the mood really works but sometimes it ends up being splotchy, like it were a mistake or something. So I'd watch out for that, sweetie. :)

Least Fave: this+  I chose this because the text stands out too much, probably because of the color. And also because of the black and white spots it seems a little LQ. Love the comp though.
Most Fave: this+  I think this is a perfect example of how the gradients (is it gradients? I don't really know) and black and white soft light spots really work to present a mood and the text is just perfect. It's simple but works really well! :)

Anyway, hope I made sense, dear. For questions, just PM me. :)

Posted Image
the war on words is real+ || HPFF author page 15+ || deviantart+

icon by me. absolutely smexy sig by my buddy, karni. be jealous. :wub:
available but please pm first! :) 

#26 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Oh my god, I thought I'd responded to this already! I'm sorry!

Hiya Branwen. :) Carla here with your crit. 

Anyway, before I become all formal and critique-y, I really really love your name. lol. <3 AND LEO MESSI, OMG! D= ok, on to the crit:

Thanks for the compliment. :) And yes, Leo Messi is the best. <3 him so much.

Strength: You mentioned in the form that text and comp is your weakness but I personally think that your comp is quite strong. :) I love your use of stock and people so I think that's a major strength for you so keep it up.

Oh, good! Thank you!

I guess my worries about my comp aren't necessarily with individual pieces, but as a whole - I'm often afraid that my graphics look too similar to each other, if that makes sense? I'm really glad you see it as a strength, though - thank you! :wub:

Weakness: I agree that text is a weakness. What I think might be the issues are color (you tend to use colors that stand out too much; in this vein try to blur the words or lower the opacity a bit to make it blend in more), font size (sometimes, especially with fancier fonts if it's too small it looks to cramped in. So, maybe practice to make it bigger or even when small, smudged outwards to make it look big), font choice (this might come with practice but I can see you work so much better with the simpler fonts. Maybe try from there before going more fancy until you're more comfortable)

Huh! I always think that I do worse with simpler fonts - I've really had to push myself to use them, because for awhile I was using fancier fonts exclusively.  I guess now I've swung too far the other way (or maybe I was never great at using them in the first place :P). I'll definitely keep this in mind - thanks!

Also, I wanted to add in that you might want to watch out with the contrast. This might be my monitor but I would be careful about the gradients and how some parts of a person's face has really obvious dark and light spots and somtimes the mood really works but sometimes it ends up being splotchy, like it were a mistake or something. So I'd watch out for that, sweetie. :)

Will do! I definitely see what you mean. :) 

Least Fave: this+  I chose this because the text stands out too much, probably because of the color. And also because of the black and white spots it seems a little LQ. Love the comp though.

Most Fave: this+  I think this is a perfect example of how the gradients (is it gradients? I don't really know) and black and white soft light spots really work to present a mood and the text is just perfect. It's simple but works really well! :)

Aw, thank you! Yeah - I've been leaning toward getting rid of that banner, because you're totally right about it. And I'm really glad you like the despair banner; I'm reasonably pleased with it, which never happens. :P  It's actually a texture set on hard light, with the girls erased out. :)

Anyway, hope I made sense, dear. For questions, just PM me. :)

A lot of sense - thank you so much!

- branwen -

Posted Image

#27 harry styles.

harry styles.

larrysquad

• 849 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

Branwen!

I cannot believe that I have not commented here before!
I mean we talk all the time and I know I've stalked your gallery before! 
Everything in here is absolutely, amazingly, stunningly wonderful.
I mean, I really love everything in there (but I guess you already knew that :P )

Everytime I go through your gallery my eye is always drawn to this+
But I'm also in love with this+ and this+.

But that first CI I linked is without a doubt my all time favorite!

Keep up the amazing work!!

tumblr_m9r0r4UXca1qegpxeo1_500.gif

xoxo Sarah :loves:

Sarah &&  f.major & o. rutherford

Posted Image

&& just off hiatus && let me sing you a lullaby &&

#28 golden.

golden.

stay up 'til the lights go out

• Administrator
  • 4,287 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

I am finally here with your long overdue crit!

Firstly, I think your style is very pretty and soft, with one or two strong colours focused on for each graphic. I love the colouring of this+ - it really fits well with the graphic and the text blends in well as it ties in with the main colour of the graphic.

In order to reach the next level, there are a few things across some of your graphics that I'll talk about.

Your text in all graphics is legible and of a good size to be seen without overwhelming the graphics. However, sometimes your text can look a little flat, for example, in this+ (left hand side) graphic the text stands out as if it is on top of the graphic. To help integrate the text, perhaps try a black to white vertical gradient on soft light at about 20-30%. This adds some depth to the text without changing the colour too much.

Your text placement is good in some graphics, like this+, however in others it is fairly spread out which can distract from the focal point of the graphic. Here+ (left hand side), for example, the text at the bottom left is too far away from the centre of the graphic and the other text and so draws the eye towards that corner rather than the main text. To combat this, perhaps try making the main text larger than the secondary text, or putting the two pieces of text closer together. That way, the focal point is more clear.

The lighting on some of your graphics is brilliant, for example here+ This is beautiful lighting because it isn't too bright or white, and it highlights the main girl and the focal point well, drawing attention to it. Another example of lovely lighting is here+. Sometimes, however the lighting is a little bit too white or quite severe, distracting from the graphic. Here+, for example, the lighting is very white and covers the back of Katniss' head, which directs attention away from her face and to the back of her head instead. Lessening the opacity of the lighting layer will help this, as well as focusing the lighting of graphics on the areas you want the eye to be drawn to, for example here+ it's very clear that the eye is supposed to focus on the girl as the lighting points the eye that way. Here+, the graphic is a little flat and needs a little more lighting to make sure the focus is on the guy. Here+ (right hand side), the lighting is quite bright and, as it surrounds the girl, it distracts from her as the focal point, making the focal point unclear. Here+ (left hand side), the lighting is good but seems quite 'stripy' - there are very defined sections of light and dark. This makes the lighting look separate from the rest of the graphic. In order for the lighting to blend in with the rest of the graphic, perhaps try gaussian blurring it by about 30-40%. This gets rid of any strong lines within the lighting layer. A trick I find useful for lighting is, once you've finished the graphic, duplicate it, guassian blur it so the detail is lost, set it to soft light then reduce the opacity to about 10-20%, whatever looks best. This enhances the natural lighting within the graphic and avoids making a black and white lighting layer which can reduce colour or be quite severe on a softly-coloured graphic.

Your image quality is very good overall, with only a few areas of some graphics that are a little blurred or some oversharp areas. Here+ (right hand side), the girl's face is a little overfiltered making the image look of a lower quality. Here+ (right hand side), the lines of the textures are slightly oversharp. To help this, try using the smudge tool on a low opacity (between 5 and 20% depending on the size of the thing you are smudging) and go over any sharp lines. This can also help on overly sharp hair or clothes.

Your colouring is really pretty and I love that your graphics have one or two key colours to highlight certain areas. In some graphics, the colouring can distract from the focal point. Here+ (left hand side) the red is lovely and works well with the graphic. The red on the left of the girl, however, distracts a bit from the focal point of the graphic. In order to combat this, balance out colours by flipping your finished graphic over, setting it to soft light or colour (whichever looks best :)) and erasing any areas without your key colour(s). That way, the colours will be more balanced and won't distract.

Your blending is mostly fantastic! Here+, for example, it's amazing! Sometimes, on soft cuts, the blending can look a little fuzzy, for example here+ the girl's hair looks too softly cut in some areas. To combat this, for curly or wispy hair, soft cut first, then hard cut some outer curls or wisps with a smaller eraser. This means the person's hair won't fade or blend into the background as much.

This+ is may favourite graphic as it flows beautifully, the text fits well with the graphic and is interesting, the lighting is lovely as it highlights the focal point well, the filtering is beautiful and the colouring is soft but really pretty :)

This+ (right hand side) is my least favourite as the lighting is too bright, there is no clear focal point and the girl is a little overfiltered.

Overall, you have a lovely gallery here with some really beautiful graphics and your strong points are colouring, stock use, and image placement :)

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you'd like me to clarify anything :)

(Sorry for the length of this post too)

Karine <3

karine!

g a l l e r y t u m b l r  

cr4ngwg.png bb2S6hk.png 3ObvWem.png

icons by midnight-road@livejournal

#29 calico

calico

chairman meow

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

I honestly don't even know what to say...

Your graphics are so beautiful and your style is sooo original.

The use of light in all of your graphics is phenomenal and I am honestly

Truly

Madly

Deeply

in love with all of your DA Digest headers! <3

she is gone but she used to be mine;;

1o28VTw.gif

---- ✭ jade e & hugo r & gabriella w ✭ ----

prea. unavailable.

#30 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Branwen!

I cannot believe that I have not commented here before!
I mean we talk all the time and I know I've stalked your gallery before! 
Everything in here is absolutely, amazingly, stunningly wonderful.
I mean, I really love everything in there (but I guess you already knew that :P )

Everytime I go through your gallery my eye is always drawn to this+
But I'm also in love with this+ and this+.
But that first CI I linked is without a doubt my all time favorite!

Keep up the amazing work!!
tumblr_m9r0r4UXca1qegpxeo1_500.gif

xoxo Sarah :loves:

So I'm kind of terrible for taking so long to respond to this - I'm sorry! <3 Thank you so much, though. This comment always makes me smile. <3

I am finally here with your long overdue crit!

No worries! And I'm horribly overdue in responding - I'm so sorry. :(

Firstly, I think your style is very pretty and soft, with one or two strong colours focused on for each graphic. I love the colouring of this+ - it really fits well with the graphic and the text blends in well as it ties in with the main colour of the graphic.

In order to reach the next level, there are a few things across some of your graphics that I'll talk about.

Your text in all graphics is legible and of a good size to be seen without overwhelming the graphics. However, sometimes your text can look a little flat, for example, in this+ (left hand side) graphic the text stands out as if it is on top of the graphic. To help integrate the text, perhaps try a black to white vertical gradient on soft light at about 20-30%. This adds some depth to the text without changing the colour too much.

Yeah, this has been a huge struggle of mine, but I wasn't quite sure how to address it. Since you posted this crit, though, I've been trying to do this with a lot of what I make, and wow - I think it looks much, much better. Thank you for the suggestion! (I hope I'm doing it right. :P)

Your text placement is good in some graphics, like this+, however in others it is fairly spread out which can distract from the focal point of the graphic. Here+ (left hand side), for example, the text at the bottom left is too far away from the centre of the graphic and the other text and so draws the eye towards that corner rather than the main text. To combat this, perhaps try making the main text larger than the secondary text, or putting the two pieces of text closer together. That way, the focal point is more clear.

I definitely see what you mean - the text in that CI could definitely use a little work, so I removed it from my gallery, and I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future. I think it's especially something I struggle with when it comes to CIs, because there's often so much text on them.

The lighting on some of your graphics is brilliant, for example here+ This is beautiful lighting because it isn't too bright or white, and it highlights the main girl and the focal point well, drawing attention to it. Another example of lovely lighting is here+. Sometimes, however the lighting is a little bit too white or quite severe, distracting from the graphic. Here+, for example, the lighting is very white and covers the back of Katniss' head, which directs attention away from her face and to the back of her head instead. Lessening the opacity of the lighting layer will help this, as well as focusing the lighting of graphics on the areas you want the eye to be drawn to, for example here+ it's very clear that the eye is supposed to focus on the girl as the lighting points the eye that way. Here+, the graphic is a little flat and needs a little more lighting to make sure the focus is on the guy. Here+ (right hand side), the lighting is quite bright and, as it surrounds the girl, it distracts from her as the focal point, making the focal point unclear. Here+ (left hand side), the lighting is good but seems quite 'stripy' - there are very defined sections of light and dark. This makes the lighting look separate from the rest of the graphic. In order for the lighting to blend in with the rest of the graphic, perhaps try gaussian blurring it by about 30-40%. This gets rid of any strong lines within the lighting layer. A trick I find useful for lighting is, once you've finished the graphic, duplicate it, guassian blur it so the detail is lost, set it to soft light then reduce the opacity to about 10-20%, whatever looks best. This enhances the natural lighting within the graphic and avoids making a black and white lighting layer which can reduce colour or be quite severe on a softly-coloured graphic.

Your image quality is very good overall, with only a few areas of some graphics that are a little blurred or some oversharp areas. Here+ (right hand side), the girl's face is a little overfiltered making the image look of a lower quality. Here+ (right hand side), the lines of the textures are slightly oversharp. To help this, try using the smudge tool on a low opacity (between 5 and 20% depending on the size of the thing you are smudging) and go over any sharp lines. This can also help on overly sharp hair or clothes.

Your colouring is really pretty and I love that your graphics have one or two key colours to highlight certain areas. In some graphics, the colouring can distract from the focal point. Here+ (left hand side) the red is lovely and works well with the graphic. The red on the left of the girl, however, distracts a bit from the focal point of the graphic. In order to combat this, balance out colours by flipping your finished graphic over, setting it to soft light or colour (whichever looks best :)) and erasing any areas without your key colour(s). That way, the colours will be more balanced and won't distract.

Ack, I totally see what you mean. Thanks for pointing it out. <3 I've been trying to be a little more restrained with the harsh lighting, and I'm definitely keeping the gaussian light trick in mind for when I need it. <3 I'm also keeping the blur tool in mind - I usually use it on skin, but not necessarily on much else. I'm trying to use layer masks more with my filters, too, to control the sharpness on different parts of the graphic better.

Your blending is mostly fantastic! Here+, for example, it's amazing! Sometimes, on soft cuts, the blending can look a little fuzzy, for example here+ the girl's hair looks too softly cut in some areas. To combat this, for curly or wispy hair, soft cut first, then hard cut some outer curls or wisps with a smaller eraser. This means the person's hair won't fade or blend into the background as much.

I've been trying to do this, and yeah, I definitely see what you mean - it looks so much better. <3

This+ is may favourite graphic as it flows beautifully, the text fits well with the graphic and is interesting, the lighting is lovely as it highlights the focal point well, the filtering is beautiful and the colouring is soft but really pretty :)

This+ (right hand side) is my least favourite as the lighting is too bright, there is no clear focal point and the girl is a little overfiltered.

Overall, you have a lovely gallery here with some really beautiful graphics and your strong points are colouring, stock use, and image placement :)

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you'd like me to clarify anything :)
(Sorry for the length of this post too)
Karine <3

Oh, no, please don't apologize! This was so, so helpful, and I'll keep all of it in mind going forward. :wub: I really, really appreciate your taking the time to do this.

I honestly don't even know what to say...

Your graphics are so beautiful and your style is sooo original.

The use of light in all of your graphics is phenomenal and I am honestly

Truly

Madly

Deeply

in love with all of your DA Digest headers! <3

:hug: Thank you so much! <3

Edited by abhorsen., 03 January 2015 - 03:39 PM.

- branwen -

Posted Image

#31 just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree
  • Graduate Artist
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

heyyy, branwen, of course you can bother me! :loves: i'm here with your crit! okay, right off the bat, i love your coloring more than anything in the whole wide world, and your style is so fantastic, and i'm seriously so flattered that you asked me, i mean, really ;_____; (also, my fingers are really cold, so if there's a really awful typo that i missed, you know why. :P )

alright, so the first thing i'm going to do is talk to you about your style, so here goes. :') hopefully, this works, and i don't sound like a rambly sort of madlady. :P

style;

when i see your graphics, i immediately think of the sort of feeling i get when i read these haunting, touching stories about the ghost of a girl who had unfinished business in the real world, and your graphics are so beautifully haunting asd;gkhsa;lgha :cry: see, the stock/textures set on layer modes represent the spirit of the girl (for me, at least), and the normal stock/textures represent the real world, through the ghostly girl's view.

there's always this gorgeous, silvery light, which is sorta like the light i always imagine coming from hades' underworld and such (and i'm sorry if this description comes off as kinda strange but this makes your graphics beautiful, i swear D': ), and all the soft, earthen tones are always heavenly. <33 your filtering is so smooth that it appears like a reflection in the water, almost, and asd;dlkg;ag

so smooth. so silvery. so pretty. :loves:

i'm in love with your style, branwen. <33

text;

you mentioned this as one of your weaker points. ^__^ i'll try my very best to help you! (but it's going to be really difficult ;___; )

for example, in this+ (i hope you don't mind that i'm using your header as an example), the main text comp is phenomenal. the vertical "down" is so cool, and i love how the "visenya." part ties in with the rest of the text so well :loves: (also, a random sidenote here: your username choices are fantastic. you're the best. i love you.) the main thing is, though, how the blue hue doesn't match exactly with the rest of the graphic. it's just a little more lavender-y than the rest of it, and that throws it off a little. also, the text lacks the silvery lighting texture (at least, i think it's a texture?) that the rest of the graphic has. but omg i looooove the coloring so much *___*

i think that if you put your lighting over your text occasionally, it'll make a lot of difference. <33

(also, just a suggestion for your header: maybe you could make the text mimic what the graphic does, how it changes from blue to orange. maybe you could split the text in half and have the first half as blue and the second as orange? just an idea! ^__^)

another example is this+ (sorry, another header D: ) and how the text just seems so much sharper and bolder than the rest of the background. your coloring is so gorgeous that i could cry in this one (especially the way you colored the girl's face umfff), but the text colors don't match up. :cry: like i said previously, i think you could add some lighting textures over the text so that it fits in better! another quick and easy way to make the text work (laziness for the win bahahahaha :P ) is to lower the opacity so that the colors blend in with the background a bit.

(and this doesn't have to do with text, really, but for the graphic above, i'd shift the girl and the main text to the left a little bit so that it's closer to the center and not as off-balance. but seriously. that coloring slays me. ;___; )

okay, i'm leaving the headers now and going to the banners. :P in this+, the coloring on the girls' skin tones and hair is as;lddkgh;alskhg;lagh;aldh; i could cry for days about it :loves: however, the text on the far left doesn't work because both girls are already closer to the left side, so i'd shift all the text to the right of the girls. that's a minor issue, though. for the font, i feel like the block-y text is too much for the lightness of this graphic, so i'd pick a more fairytale font, like fairydust+, and make it going vertically, the way you do for your current text.

next, i think the color of the text is off. those wonderful red tones stand out so well, and i think that the text would benefit being that color. :loves: i'm not sure whether you do this or not, but if you put the text underneath your coloring layers, it might come off matching the graphic much, much better. <33 see, your text has this ~smoothness~ about it, too, so i don't think putting it underneath your coloring layers would ruin the quality of the text. (it does for me, though, which is why i put the text on after the coloring layers. >____> silly text.)

lastly - have you tried filtering your text? if it's too much, definitely take a grey brush (the shade should depend on how much you want the filtering to go away) on a layer mask and brush over the text. i think that the text would look fabulous with the filters you put over your graphics :'D

one more thing (i know i said 'lastly' but i lied D: ), remember not to tilt your text too much. in this+, "gravity" is too tilted, and it throws the angle of the graphic off. i think that it would look fine at a super subtle tilt, going over her shoulder a little. <3

text that i like:

this+ (right) is stunning :loves: the text merges with the background unbelievably well, and i love how the "4" is the prominent one in the text hnggg <33

this+ has such shiny text *___* i get the feeling this is what your text would look like if you put lighting layers over it :33 BUT THE TEXT HERE IS SO GORGEOUS AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH ;LASDGL;SAG;LSKHG;LSAH;LSHA;G

this+ because the red is just ;____________________________________________________;

as a general note, remember to place your text:

a) close to your people

b) so that it balances the graphic out

c) in a way so that the angle matches with the graphic's angle

icons;

if i'm honest, i think your icons are perfect :P i mean, the coloring and cuts are all gorgeous, but the main thing is, you just need to make more! :'D

if i'm being super nitpicky, though (i had to stare at your icons for about five minutes, trying to think of something, and then this was only when my eyes blurred), when you use hard-edged textures like in the "artemis" icon, it looks a little odd when placed in a set. i'd try for softer icon textures, like smoky stuff or other things along those lines. :P

and that's it for the crit! i hope i was helpful. :loves: KEEP EXPERIMENTING :sean:

so i have a challenge for you :33 once you're done, feel free to pm me! :'D

challenge;

i challenge you to make a sig with tree/plants stock, and the text must be a) underneath your coloring layers, b) filtered (however subtly you want it to be), and c) the one color in your graphic that stands out most. <33

have fun!

eva gallery
Posted Image
* Leviathan! is the best ;;

#32 aurora borealis

aurora borealis

i have no idea what to put here

• Member Artist
  • 1,827 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:127

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Wow, everything is so pretty here! I love your style, it's gorgeous and just wow. I particularly love your use of stock - stock and I have a hate hate relationship and you pull it off so well. :drop:

YFNi5V6D_o.png

Olivia | Ao3 | Gallery | set by starbuck.

#33 amour.toujours

amour.toujours
  • Veteran Artist
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

You have this gorgeous dark style that i'm absolutely in love with  :hearts: I esp. love the composition & coloring on the first three banners and adore the chapter images <3

#34 amoretti

amoretti

as long as you love me;

• Master Artist
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

hey branwen! i've been meaning to comment in here for a 

while but keep getting distracted! you have come so far.

i remember that you were just starting out (i think) when

i was last active and you had soooo much potential and

it's absolutely great that you've grown into that potential

to an absolutely amazing artist. <3

your stock use is so refreshing to see and is absolutely

great. i love the moody, dark colours you use and the

softness of your blending. your composition is great!

i really love your style.

one little nitpick: WHY IS YOUR GALLERY SO EMPTY?!

i know you make things, you're in pylc a lot, so why

aren't they in here? :P i need more!

keep up the awesome work! 

xo jordan

2dihgly.png 

jordan | semi-available - pm first please | previously .kapowi 

| new gallery | hpff | artist q & a | 

#35 atlas.

atlas.

hello, starshine ♥

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

the abhorsen trilogy  :loves: i could love you based purely on the headers of your gallery and its name 

but that being said – just wow, man. +this took my breath away and +this made sure it wasn't coming back  :wub:  love the way you make things look so soft and fragile when it's really not at all - your coloring is wonderful.  :loves: 

gallery

Posted Image

formerly everafter. sarah. pm for availability.

#36 Feneis.

Feneis.
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

OMG YOUR GRAPHICS ARE FLAWLESS HOW DO YOU DO IT

Seriously. I am especially enamoured with the light/dark play you give to your graphics. Gah, your work is so amazing. :'D

rmu16h.jpg

steve harrington made this incredible set which i can't stop looking at<3 (ty soo much, omg! :3)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users