• Veteran Artist
  • 4,386 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

GXWaU0R.png

CONGRATS ON THE PROMO!!!

ahoy there junior!

congrats on the promotion!

I totally knew this was happening. As soon as I saw that gallery header I was just "yup, promotion for sure" 

honestly it's not fair. leave some talent for the rest of us. 

enjoy your new blue! <3

Posted Image

gallery || kinda-available?? Just got back. After a long time. 

#20 atė!

atė!

goddess of mischief

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,338 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:59 AM

Hey there stranger ;)

congratulations on your promo!

this is so very well deserved and I was so sure you'd get it!

your new gallery is so shiny and versatile and I really love

your new work! Your composition and colouring is so great

and now with a little boost of confidence you'll make even

prettier things!

so here is a little something from me (:

vPkIhpZ.png

Enjoy your new shade of blue!

Love, Sally

Posted Image

» || Sally is semi-available. PM first. previously fayeswonderland.|| «
»
c a t c h & r e l e a s e «

#21 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,576 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Thank you so much everyone!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

K   A   T   L   Y   N   N

Posted Image

formerly  ARRIETTY. // visit my  GALLERY

#22 styles

styles

sweet creature

• Master Artist
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hi Katlynn, I'm Ronnie.  :hiwave:  I'm just wandering around the forums, per usual, and I stumbled upon your gallery. I had to leave a comment because you are insanely good! I am particularly envious of your blends; they're all so big and beautiful. I myself am really terrible at blends, so please teach me your ways! :loves: +This one is especially good, the text, colouring, composition, everything!

You're also really good at text, which is awesome because I know a lot of people struggle with it. I really like the font on +this, and the colouring for +this text is spot on.

I'll be checking back regularly to see what other pretty things you make. :loves:

▻▻▻  veronica, aka ronnie; previously red herring; unavailable  ◅◅◅

dtxdWb5.png

▻▻▻ something wicked this way comes ◅◅◅

#23 ferlybadinage

ferlybadinage

Hello, I love you won't you tell me your name?

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

[enters]Stop being so good. It's too pretty and it hurts my heart ♡. Seriously though, your skills are just... like wow. You keep getting better, but you were already awesome! I'll go now.[leaves]

emma gallery ♥ unavailable

Posted Image

b e x c e l l e n t set by beyond the rain

#24 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

Ahhhhh. I can't believe it's taken me so long to get back to you guys.

Ronnie:  First of all, I love The Office. LOVE. That signature is perfect. :) I actually think I struggle with text, so that compliment means so much, thank you! <3

Vashti:  Thanks, doll. :) You're getting so amazing yourself! I don't know how you have the time to comment in all of these galleries between making amazing pieces, putting together stock and texture packs AND starting a welcoming committee! You're the awesome one!

Posted Image

#25 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 3,180 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

hi katlynn! i'm alison. your gallery is so stunning :o your style is so unique! i love the way you use text and make it such a part of the graphic. i feel like my text always looks just plopped right on top but yours blends so well!

i've definitely been stalking your pylc posts and i can't wait to see more! :P

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#26 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hi Alison! Thank you so much for the compliment! I actually feel like I have a really hard time with text a lot, so that definitely makes me feel better! I'm a HUGE fan of your graphics, so that makes me feel extra special too! <3

Posted Image

#27 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,373 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:28 AM

Hey Katlynn!!
Im here to spread the love <3

So i just gotta say your lighting and colouring skills are amazing, you keep experimenting with light and dark graphics (like the always banner and your current sig for example) and its awesome!

I just srsly cannot get over your versatility, its amazing!! The composition in each signature is different and you use stock and textures which i love!

Lastly your blends....im so jealous. I cant make them for the life of me, and youve got so many great ones!!!

Keep making more, your graphics are lovely and i'm excited to see how else you improve!

Bex

// hey i'm bex // MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first //  that's all (M)

image.png

#28 Photoshopfreak

Photoshopfreak

A girl has no name.

• Master Artist
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hello my dear!!

I'm here with your critique, finally. I'm sorry it's so late, but usually I like to wait until all the spots are filled in my thread, but it was taking too long ( plus I think my muse went poof so yeah ).

Composition : Really the thing about composition is always trying to make sure it is different with each of your graphics. Normally what I will do is whatever type graphic I'm working on I will look back at my gallery and see where the focal point is located on most of my graphics and then try and do the opposite of the graphic I'm working on. It really does help and it helps you be more of a versatile artist!

​Image Quality : Image quality also use to give me problems. Then I found my love HQ pictures and it changed my life forever!!!

Text : Most important factor with text is go on a font hunting spree. I suggest dafont.com or just google free fonts and there should be quite a few sites to choose from. Although from most of my experiences they tend to mostly have the same fonts. Then when using text EXPERIMENT as much as possible and don't be afraid to use styles!

---

Icons : Alright so your icons are really really pretty! The coloring on them is quite interesting and I personally do love the "darker" feel to graphics ( even though I can't really do it myself, lol ). My favorite set however is your Arden Cho set. Personally I really love 100x100 icons more than the bigger ones, but I'm weird. 

Banners : With your banners I am seeing a lot of REALLY good composition, but the one thing that is standing out to be somewhat the "same" is the text placement and fonts used. Basically just do what I mentioned earlier and you should be good to go!!! ALSO PLEASE DO MORE ANIMATION BECAUSE OMFG!

Chapter Images : Everything with your CI's seems really on point!!! So I wouldn't change a thing with what you are doing with them!!!

Signatures : Again on a some of these the text placement is somewhat in the same place. I feel like a broken record, but just refer back to what I said about text. My FAVE signature is the Find My Way Back one!!! I love the coloring and the comp of it!

Blends : I've got one thing to say about blends.... Don't change a thing! My fave is the Emma Watson one ( however I may be a bit bias because Emma is my love ).

Closing : There is only ONE thing that I want to touch on before I end with a clean-out and that is your filtering. On some of your images it seems overpowering. Again that might just be my personal preference and I don't know if you use Topaz or not ( it looks like it ). I would say use a lesser setting of Topaz Clean.

Clean - Out : THIS -- THIS -- THIS -- THIS

Edited by Photoshopfreak, 19 February 2016 - 11:12 AM.

Amanda || Photoshopfreak -Available (PM first)-

Posted Image

Gallery

#29 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

Thank you guys so much for the comments!

Bex:  Thank you! I feel like I'm always making something super dark and moody, so hopefully I can experiment with lighter pieces even more soon!

Amanda:  YOUR CRIT HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL, OH MY GOODNESS! I went back through and lowered the filtering (some of them weren't Topaz; just blending, smoothing and sharpening manually, but I lowered those layers too) and I changed the fonts/positioning for a few of the pieces as well. I'll check out the website you linked too! I've never heard of it. Thank you x50000 again! :)))

Posted Image

#30 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

WHAT IS THIS+ GORGEOUSNESS!!!

you seem to be getting better and better with every graphic....howwwwww

you are forever my graphic making inspiration, and I am your perpetual fangirl <3

#31 stardusted*

stardusted*

tu chantes du yaourt

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

hi katlynn! 

your gallery is so gorgeous, I can't get over how shiny and glowy everything is :loves: 

your CIs make me want to cry and your colouring!! I love that dark, intense colouring you do but also can't get enough of that lighter, softer colouring 

so basically I just love everything 8DD

hi i'm sheryl! ♥ 

Posted Image
set by paper doll || stars, hide your fires 

#32 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Coder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

You guys are too sweet to me, seriously. <333

Shery:  HI! I'm not sure if we've ever talked much before, but HIIIIIIII! I'm always super jealous of your coloring (that current set you have, UGH), so it's so amazing to me that you like my coloring skills! I'm like swooning hahaha. Thank you so much!

Rohini:  I am 10000% convinced that we are each other's biggest fans! You're amazing. <3

Posted Image

#33 ClearPlastic

ClearPlastic

tralalala

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:43 AM

Seen a lot of your stuff around the site, so I wanted to pop by and wow! You're so good! Calling it that you're gonna be promoted to senior next month... I love how smooth and shiny all your stuff is, and that header is to die for. That give me shelter signature is one of my favourite things in your gallery, and so is that gravity signature. Absolutely beautiful and I can't stop staring! Your technical skills are fantastic already, I'm sure you'll be shooting up the ranks like crazy :) looking forward to seeing what else you'll make in the future!

hi, i'm eggie and i'm semi-available, please pm for requests!

Posted Image

| my gallery | i'm offering critique |

#34 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PROMO YOU BIG BALL OF AMAZINGNESS AND ULTIMATE GRAPHIC GODDESS!

Edit:

Hullo gorgeous I'm finally here with that congratulatory graphic:

JJC77Zt.png

Just wanted to say that I love you, you flawless human being. Keep making pretties, and keep being awesome. Also, weird coincidence that we both became OTMs and got promo'd at the same time, right? its probably the universe trying to tell us we're meant to be together :P

Countless hugs and kisses,

your biggest fangirl xxx

Edited by padmeamidalas, 02 March 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#35 ferlybadinage

ferlybadinage

Hello, I love you won't you tell me your name?

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Bz6dLuB.png

SO GLAD THAT YOU GOT PROMOTED OMD
I am super happy for you ^_^ It was only a matter of time.
YOU ARE A GRAPHICS GODDESS!
I am in love with everything you make. 
Genuinely a fangirl.
Keep being amazing!

Sorry about the stupid frog joke, ribbit = did it... :hide:

emma gallery ♥ unavailable

Posted Image

b e x c e l l e n t set by beyond the rain

#36 Fireheart

Fireheart
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

Annnnd no surprise at all. :P So happy for you! You've been on fire this month and I'm so glad to see you promoted. Very well deserved. Keep up the good work!

Gallery l Unavailable due to computer issues. Hopefully fixed soon!

Posted Image

Stunning set by arrietty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users