#19 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• Senior Artist
  • 1,667 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hey Jayde! 

I've been trying to pop by and spread a little bit of love around the galleries....and I've noticed that somehow I haven't commented on yours, so I'm here to make up for that. 

The first thing that really struck me when I clicked on your gallery is just how many bright colors you have in here! I love, love, love that. I'm a big fan of using bright, bold coloring too, so I'm happy to see there's someone else on #TeamNeonColors. :) The thing that's even more impressive is how balanced all of those colors are. None of them are oversaturated, but you've got them right to where they really pop. Great job! 

I was also super impressed by how much variety you have in your gallery. There's so much stuff in here! How do you find the time?

Some of my favorite items were the things your Disney graphics. You work so well with hand drawn images. You've got the colors on them just right and the comp is really good. Your Frozen icons are a particular favorite of mine. :) 

Also, your colorizations are super strong. I'm just finally learning how to do them myself and they're so much work. I can't believe how many you have and how solid they are. The Ryan Reynolds one is, IMO, the strongest of them. The coloring on that is so crisp and natural. 

One area that I think you should continue to work on is text. I notice a lot of space between your main images and the text...and sometimes it sort of makes it hard to figure out where to look first. Maybe try bringing your title text a bit closer to the main image...or even try overlapping it on the main image. It sort of brings the focus all to one area.

All in all, you've got lots of pretty things here! I'll be back soon to check out more. 

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

#20 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:393

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:17 AM

Kaitlin!  Thank you so much for stopping by!   :hug:

D'aww, thank you so much! Yes, #TeamNeon FTW!  And I'm so flattered that you think my colors are well-balanced!  :wub:

Bahahah... I don't really find the time, honestly.  A lot of these things are pretty old.  I did make quite a few graphics in October, but since then my creativity well seems to have gone dry.   :sad:   I'm hoping it'll return soon enough, though! 

*Squees*  Gah! Thank you for your compliments on the Disney/hand drawn images! I really love working with them, and I'm happy to hear that the Frozen icons are one of your favs.  

Eeek, stahhp it! Your compliments are making me flail!   :fangirl:  I had no idea how to do colorization, but I tried it once and really, really enjoyed it.  In fact, this conversation/response is making me want to go do another right now. :P  Honestly I thought the particular one you mentioned was one of my weakest, so reading your comments about it really made me feel better. 

You are SOooo right about the text, I've been receiving the same tip from quite a few people lately, and I'm going to be sure to continue working on that! Thank you so much! 

I really hope to have lots of new pretties for you to see soon!  

Thank you SO much for your wonderful compliments and the advice, and for stopping by in the first place! ♥

Absolutely perfect icon/sig set by Beyondtherain!

Posted Image

Previously MrsJaydeMalfoyHPFF / Gallery 

#21 TreacleTart

TreacleTart

Queen of The Squee Thread

• Senior Artist
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

lroN20a.gif

Hey Jayde!

Since I just left a pretty long comment not too long ago, this one will be a bit shorter, but I just wanted to swing by your gallery and leave a bit of holiday love!

I’ve seen so much improvement in your graphics over the past couple of months. Your composition is really improving and I see you growing as an artist. Your Fall of The House of Usher Blend really shows that. The texture use, text, and model placement are all really creative and your coloring is on point to.

Keep working hard and I’ll certainly be back to check out all of the pretty things you make in the year to come!

Wishing you happy holidays and a joyful New Year! :hug:

~Kaitlin

Kaitlin - My Gallery / Available

Posted Image

Gorgeous signature set by the incomparable Enigma

#22 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

Kaitlin you are seriously the sweetest - thank you SO, SO much for stopping by to leave such a wonderful message and such a beautiful gift! ♥   :hug: Thank you so much for your compliments, I'm so flattered that you think I've grown and improved, especially because I've seen you grow and improve so much over the past year, and you most definitely deserved being promoted - your graphics constantly leave me in awe and inspire me to keep practicing so that I can improve! Thank you again, SO much, for the message, gift, and words of encouragement, and I hope you have Happy Holidays and a great New Year as well! 

Posted Image

#23 Scottie Elisabeth

Scottie Elisabeth

Always needing banners.

• UFG and Resource Moderator
  • 1,179 posts
  • Software:Elements
  • Vault Points:89

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hello! Here to creep! ;)

I love the composition on the Anna banner! Love love love the title text as well! It's just so storybook/fairytale and the banner itself is so charming!  :wub: Have you played with having the quote text in all caps? When I used to make graphics, I was told to just use all caps for quotes for clarity, but I found I actually really liked the aesthetic it gave as well! I think it would suit this charming banner as well. But omg that title text.  :worship:

I super love the coloring of the Katy Perry banner, but then I'm a sucker for purple.  :ph34r:  And I love the use of negative space on your other three, especially the Zooey banner!

Oh, the coloring on your fall-themed icons is to die for.  :wub:  They make me super homesick (I've missed fall in the country for two years now) and are all around gorgeous. They make me want to go outside, even though it's in the negatives here! If I had to pick the four I like best, I'd say the first one (leaf), top right (bench), bottom next to last (basket) and the last (pumpkin). But I also love the wheel! And the overlook on a lake with the big tree. And that one with a bridge in the woods...okay all of them.  :ph34r:

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy, so I can't comment much on those, but I think they would certainly pop if you lightened them a bit! But again, not an artist. :) They're just a bit dark, even with my screen up on its highest brightness.

And your Beauty Sleep Frozen icon is killing me. I love it so much. And I'm so happy to see Oaken in there! ;)

Sigs! Right away, I love the composition of the Elizabeth and Darcey sig! It's so dramatic looking. Love! Also, you do animation?  :wub: I do love me some Avatar, but I haven't actually seen the film!

WOW--your Amanda Seyfried sig just blew me right out of my seat. That's SO LOVELY! Beautiful text color choice for that peachy pink background behind it. And I love the composition all around, and the layout, and everything! This is def next level stuff, so don't let it go anywhere!  :wub:

PS -- Super in love with your Amy/Rory CI  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I love them so much! And purple!  :ph34r:

And OMG that Fall of the House of Usher blend! :drop:  That's SO GORGEOUS! I love EVERYTHING about it! I love the colors, the comp, the text, EVERYTHING! It's gorgeous!

Also, your This is my December blend is gorgeous. I really love the coloring!

Anywho, wow, sorry this is so long  :ph34r: . I only meant to comment on like 3 things but I got so wrapped up in everything; I couldn't help myself! I loved my little trip through your gallery and I definitely can't wait for you to post more!

Formerly Dark_Angel92 // Writer. // No good at graphics.

Posted Image

Beautiful, awesome, super amazing set by accio!

#24 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

Welcome, and feel free to creep away!  :P 

Aww, thank you!  I'm flattered that you like the comp/text on the Anna banner!  I love that font myself, too! Honestly, I've done quotes in all caps sometimes, you're right that it definitely helps with readability and the aesthetic. I'd never really considered always doing quotes in all caps - that's a great tip and I'm going to try it from now on! Thanks!!  ♥

Haha, another purple lover I see.  Isn't it just so... purple?!? :P  And I'm glad that you liked the use of negative space!

Eeek, thank you!  I'm so happy you like the coloring on the icons!   :hearts: And I'm just  :drop: that they make you homesick - thinking that I made something that makes you homesick and want to go outside is just really touching. Hahha!  And your inability to choose a favorite makes me want to squeeee!

You have GOT to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, it's awesome!  And yeah, you're so right about the lighting on those icons.   Honestly, I was rushing through them trying to finish up and get something new in my gallery, but I only had a few minutes to make something because I was about to leave - I'll go back and give those a touch up asap! 

Teeehee!  The 'beauty sleep' icon is one of my favorites, as well. :P  And Oaken is too hilarious to exclude! :D  

THANK YOU! ♥  I LOVE Elizabeth/Darcy, and I made that sig for the Hidden Canvas challenge. I didn't really think it turned out all that great, so your compliment is definitely a boost for my ego.  :P  And yeah, I do animation (though not that well yet).  OMG AVATARRR. ♥  I actually saw the movie first, and I'm going through and watching the animated series now with my bestie, and just LOVE LOVE LOVE. Honestly just talking about it makes me want to go through and make a new Aang-themed graphic. :P  

*Gasps*  Gaah, thank you!!  I was actually pleasantly surprised with how the Amanda Seyfried sig turned out, myself, it was the first time I'd tried something like that. EEK!  You think it's next level stuff?  *Flails*  I'm so flattered!!   :wub:  :wub:

Yusss Rory/Amy. You can't not love them.  Or purple.  And it sounds like we really have a lot in common! We should talk more! <3  

You are making my head swell with all these compliments! I actually had quite a bit of help with that 'Fall of the House of Usher' blend, but I really feel that seeing other peoples' ideas for it helped me start learning to put some ideas together for myself, so maybe that's what it took!  I'm really thrilled that you love it, though I can't take credit for much of it. 

The 'This is my December' blend is actually one of the first graphics I ever made.  I went back and re-made it once I got a little better, but I know it could still use some improvements, so I'm again, so flattered that you like it! ♥

And please do NOT apologize for leaving a long comment!! I enjoyed every minute of it and you've certainly given me a lot of inspiration to make and improve other things, so THANK YOU!  I really appreciate you stopping by with this amazing surprise comment!  :hug:

Also, before I click 'Post', I just have to say - I look at your signature and think "I'm not the only one obsessed with Scooby Doo on Zombie Island?!?!"  LOVE IT! 

Thanks again! <3

Posted Image

#25 azimuth

azimuth

I'll glomp the hug out of you

• Master Artist
  • 1,357 posts
  • Vault Points:

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

Hi Jayde! :hiwave: I thought I'd leave you a

birthday present in the form of some gallery

love :sean:

First off, I love, love your texture use. :loves: 

I'm pretty terrible at them myself >< The

composition of your header is amazing! :wub:

I also love your Anna banner; the text is so spot

on! Your 'Winter' CI has such pretty colouring

I could just drool! But my favourite is your Fall

Of the Usher blend. Fantastic composition +

text+ everything! It has such a dark 'feeling'

to it I guess, it so fits the story itself! :wub:

:wub: :wub:

Keep making more pretties for me to admire,

please! :sean: :sean:

-Vanya

Vanya ♥ Tutorial Gallery Stock

10xYkH21.gif

I am unavailable for requests.

#26 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Awww, thank you so much for the birthday comment!  You are the sweetest! ♥   :hug:

*Squees*  Thank you SO much!  Honestly, I feel like I have to do textures because I can't get stock to work to save my life - I really admire your stock use.  And by the way, I just took a peek at your gallery and you, my dear, are in denial - you are SO AWESOME with textures, too!   :worship:

:wub: Thank you so much, I'm so thrilled that you like the header composition.  I had quite a bit of help with that one, which explains why the comp is good. :P  

I really love that font on the 'Anna' banner as well, I can't even remember what it's called but I found it one day and just LOVEED it! ♥  I'm glad you did too!  And  :hyper: Staahp it, you're making me blush!  The coloring on the images in the winter CI was pretty much already awesome, but I played around with it a bit and got it a little sharper.  I'm so flattered that you like it! 

♥♥♥ Thank youuuu.  Again, I have to admit I had a lot of help with the 'Fall of the House of Usher' blend, but I'm so glad you like it!  And yeah, I kind of felt that a 'darker' feel was necessary for a graphic based on something by Poe.  :P  

I'll keep trying, I promise!  Thank you again, SO much!! <3 <3 

Posted Image

#27 and peggy

and peggy

mc pee pants

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 2,639 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

hi jayde! just popping in to say hello since i haven't checked out your gallery :happy: it's so awesome that you're experimenting with animation! i don't think i tried my hand at animation until i was a senior, i was so intimidated by it, so it's really great that you're trying it out now :) it's also really impressive how much experimenting you're doing -- you have some graphics with 4 models on them and that's really hard to do. i also am in awe of your "house of usher" blend :O it's absolutely stunning! the way you've blended him into the textures & the hard cuts are fantastic. keep up your hard work!!

a l i s o n

Posted Image

available - pm first . gallery 

#28 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

Awww, thank you for stopping by!! ♥  *HUG* 

Thanks so much - I really like animation and wish I were better at it. :P  Sometimes I think I should be focusing more on comp. than on animation, though. XD  *Blushes*  Thank youuuuu.  I'm still trying to figure out what works for me, so the experimenting is kind of necessary, but I'm glad you think it's impressive!  :D  And  :drop: Do I really have graphics with 4 models in them?  LOL.  (I don't even know what I have in my gallery...)  :couch: 

*Squees*  EEK!  Thank you, I'm so flattered that you're in awe of it, particularly that you mentioned the hard cuts and the texture blending, as those are basically the only areas of that graphic I didn't get help with in the Critique Corner!  :P  

Thank you SO much for this lovely comment and for your amazing compliments! ♥ 

Posted Image

#29 prokaryote.

prokaryote.
  • Senior Artist
  • 305 posts
  • Vault Points:255

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Jayde!

Okay, so I totally loved the banner you made me so I thought I'd swing by and creep peruse your gallery! 

The first thing I was greeted with was your header and I love the composition on it. Actually, I think I love your composition on everything. You have a good eye for it!

I love how bright and fun your gallery is! Everything in here just feels pleasant and upbeat. I love, love, love +this, +this (swoons), and +this.

The blend in particular is out of this world. It's definitely my favorite. The color, the comp, the TEXT! OH, the text! It's dark and dreamy and it just makes my head spin in the best of ways! The texture use was absolutely perfectly done. I love the newspaper and the splatters, but I'm obsessed with the smokey cloud looking texture. Your text work is seriously out of this world though.

Also I have no idea how you have FOUR colorizations that all look so good! I'm completely terrified of them because mine keep turning out wonky. +This one is my absolute favorite because I'm pretending she's Rose Weasley. (She's totally Rose Weasley).

I can't wait to see what else you make! <3

p a u l a

BFZD00N3.png

stunning set by accio! //gallery // stories

#30 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Paula!!  ♥  

Thank you SO much for stopping by to creep peruse, and I am so happy and flattered that you liked the banner!  (No lie, I went back to see if you'd seen it, and when I didn't see the thread in the 'Member Artist Requests' section anymore, I literally said "Does that mean she liked it!??"  :P)  

And while we're on the subject of thanking you - THANK YOU for the squee!!  That just made my day even more!!  ♥   :hug:

Awww, thank you so much!! Composition is something I'd been struggling with before I got some helpful tips from some very friendly members, so I'm thrilled that you like it!  It's definitely a work in progress, but getting a compliment on my composition makes me feel  :hyper: !

Eeek! Yay!   :wub: I have no idea where all these bright colors come from in my graphics - IRL I tend to stick to darker-colored clothes, but whatever the reason behind my brain wanting to make colorful graphics, I'm overjoyed that you think it's bright and fun!! ♥   And hahah, judging by your swoon I'm assuming you're as big a Mr. Darcy fan as I am? :P  

I have to admit that I can't take credit for most of the work behind the Edgar Allan Poe blend - that's the graphic I had the most help on, so that's probably why it stands out. :P  I'd been struggling with text quite a bit, but I got some great tips on that graphic and it turned out really good!  I did do the texture work on that graphic by myself, so I'm really pleased that you like it!!  It was kind of a new thing for me. 

D'awww, thank you!! Honestly, colorizations are one of the things I find easiest to do, I really enjoy doing them because to me it kind of feels like coloring on a computer.  I'm so flattered that you think they all look good!  (And this is really making me want to go do another colorization now... haha!)  

Honestly, I hadn't even thought about that model looking like Rose Weasley, but now that you mention it, with that red hair she kind of does!   :D

Thank you so, SO SO much for everything - the squee, these wonderful compliments... just GAH! <3  

Posted Image

#31 Asphodelic

Asphodelic

Avi_Stole_My_Heart

• Senior Artist
  • 4,625 posts
  • Vault Points:185

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Jayde! Omg, what have I stumbled upon?! :drop: I definitely see some improvement since the last time I've been here. I'm totally in love with your continuous banner, your "stay with me" vertical banner, your "solita" signature, and your "Bilbo" CI. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I feel that you should remove certain graphics from your gallery because they're not up to par with the graphics I mentioned before. Like your icon set. It's low in quality, and the text is weak in those. Along with your first and third signatures. In "purple haze" the cutting of the guy is blurry, and it looks like a part of the background of the guy's image is showing around his hat, particularly on the right side.

In your "Amanda Seyfried" sign, the images of her are blurry - out-of-focus. Both signatures low in quality.

Your three CI's besides Bilbo, your "Creomi" and "Usher" blend should be taken out too.

I see you're close to Juniors from the MC topic recently. So, you're already on the right track. :yes:

Keep up the great work! xD

Edited by Asphodelic, 29 June 2017 - 01:41 PM.

|| Alishya || +Gallery || TDA's Resident of Eppes Brothers Fanatic || Available (Please PM beforehand) ||

oIPQce.png

#32 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hi there lovely!  Thank you so much for stopping by with this amazing surprise comment!  <3  

Thank youuuu!  <3 <3  I'm so happy to hear that you've seen some improvement, and that you love those graphics! 

I know you're right, I should definitely remove some of these.  I'm just a chronic hoarder and never like to get rid of anything. :P  But I really appreciate the advice and I'll get on removing those graphics right now.  

Thank you again, SO much, for the surprise comment and the advice! It really means a lot coming from you and I promise I'll heed it!  :worship:

:wub:  :hug:  :hearts:

Posted Image

#33 raindance2918

raindance2918
  • Junior Artist
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hi Jayde! I just want to say I love your coloring! Especially the Hunger Games Banner! It's so awesome <3 <3 

Posted Image

Silvia Blackburn @ Pottersworld 

#34 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hi there!  Welcome to TDA and thank you SO MUCH for stopping by my gallery!   :hearts:

That's so sweet, thank you! I'm so flattered that you like my coloring!!   :hug:  I see that your gallery is waiting for approval - once it's up I'll be sure to stop by and repay the favor!  <3 

Posted Image

#35 mockingjay

mockingjay

Do You Hear The People Sing?

• Social Media Manager
  • 1,129 posts
  • Vault Points:504

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

5cUjcnd.png

congratulations on your promotion! so well

deserved, I love your texture use and bright

coloring <33 and +this is amazing!!

I can't wait to see more from you (:

Edited by mockingjay, 01 September 2017 - 09:13 AM.

Grace||Semi-Available||PM first ||Stunning set by alison (and peggy) <33

Posted Image

+Forever Fallen || +Artist Q&A || Follow TDA on +twitter and +tumblr

#36 Jayde.

Jayde.
  • Junior Artist
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  :hearts:  I am still completely floored, is this real life!?  :drop:

That graphic is so beautiful and colorful and absolutely adorable!!! THANK YOU!! <3  It's going on my profile right now!! 

Thanks so much for the congratulations and the comment and your amazing compliments - coming from someone as talented as you are, they're even more flattering and I just can't even!  :cry:  :hearts:  :worship:

THANK YOU!! <3 :hug:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users