#19 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

Off Topic Mod

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 684 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:197

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hey Jenn  :dumbles:  It's so awesome to see more of your work.

I adore the way you did the Marauders banner. It's really creative!

I also love the Neglected banner - it flows really well and all of your image choices are great, especially in capturing the mood!

Thank you so much Ashley! :) 

Posted Image

|| Available - PM First || Gallery || Jenn || Photography ||

*Amazing Signature by: milominderbinder*

#20 RéaltaCleite

RéaltaCleite
  • Member Artist
  • 461 posts
  • Software:I Don't Design Graphics

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Hi, Jenn! Welcome back! I was impressed by your four animagus icons and the header with Luna Lovegood.The colour, yellow and orange suits her very well. :D

I hope you'll enjoy various activities here!

Posted Image

cherry blossom taken by StarFeather

#21 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• TDA Superstar
  • 5,483 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

omg Jenn I love your header! The vibrancy of the colors and the depth to the composition is really well done, and I love the boldness of the text! It's def your strongest piece but I also like the comp on the Marauder's banner. It's hard to fit so many people so great job! Can't wait to see more from you! xo

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

Posted Image
the most beautiful set ever by alanna / clowder!
gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#22 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

Off Topic Mod

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Hi, Jenn! Welcome back! I was impressed by your four animagus icons and the header with Luna Lovegood.The colour, yellow and orange suits her very well. :D

I hope you'll enjoy various activities here!

Thank you for visiting my gallery and thank you for the welcome back!!! I appreciate that! :) While I would love to be able to take credit for the lovely header, I can't because I didn't create it, the very talented apsara did. 

omg Jenn I love your header! The vibrancy of the colors and the depth to the composition is really well done, and I love the boldness of the text! It's def your strongest piece but I also like the comp on the Marauder's banner. It's hard to fit so many people so great job! Can't wait to see more from you! xo

Hi and thank you for stopping by my gallery! While I would love to be able to take credit for the lovely header, I can't because I didn't create it, the very talented apsara did. I have been trying to challenge myself with more people on banners so I am super happy that you liked that! :)

Posted Image

#23 abhainn

abhainn
  • Member Artist
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hiya Jenn!

Just wanted to pop by and say you're doing great! My favourite graphic of yours is definitely the Coming Out banner, I love the texture use! I also have to admire your ability to blend hair on your This Is Not The End banner with Hermione, it's still got the frizz and wisps and that is seriously impressive!

Cheers!

thanks to caomoyl for the set!

TFd8C2J.png
Shan||Gallery||Canada
Formerly ShannonElizabeth

#24 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

Off Topic Mod

• Off-Topic Moderator
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hiya Jenn!

Just wanted to pop by and say you're doing great! My favourite graphic of yours is definitely the Coming Out banner, I love the texture use! I also have to admire your ability to blend hair on your This Is Not The End banner with Hermione, it's still got the frizz and wisps and that is seriously impressive!

Cheers!

Hi!  :happy:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love the Coming Out Banner so I am really happy you enjoy it too! The blending of Hermione's hair was very very difficult because it's the first time I have really blended anything (in my opinion) that well before! I am so happy that you noticed it! 

:hiwave:

Posted Image

#25 Asphodelic

Asphodelic

Avi_Stole_My_Heart

• Senior Artist
  • 4,607 posts
  • Vault Points:185

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hey Jenn! :D

I totally adore your header. One of your best graphics, I say. 

A great way to cut out people would be to use the Lasso tool. (I'm not entirely sure what your method of cut is, but I totally recommend it. At first, I didn't like using the tool myself, but I found it just as good to use as long as I zoom in on the image of the person or object I'm cutting out. Then to make the cuts of a person or object look smooth, use the blur tool. Set the opacity at 20 - 25%. Have the brush small in size... like 15-20, then go over the outlining of the person/object.

I like your dramione banner too! For your coloring, there are a couple of ways to achieve good coloring.

A.) Have a colored layer (of the color selected somewhere from the base) over all the other layers/images. Set the layer mode to "Soft Light."

B.) When you finished a graphic and when you flatten the graphic, you can use either, curves, levels, or color balance to experiment with to add coloring to the entire graphic. I can go into finer detail - just message me. ;)

Another thing about coloring, you should keep in mind is when there are different skin tones of either the same model or different models, try to make sure they match so that it gives the graphic a natural look. Curves or Color Balance are your go-to settings to help with that.

For blending, particularly blending stock images, aside from using layer modes or lowering the opacity of an image, I find that using the eraser tool with a big-sized (130+ pixels) soft brush and just erase areas of an image helps with a cleaner, smooth blending of multiple images.

I hope you found those tips helpful! I'm here if you want me to explain further or if you want help improve making graphics and/or learn gimp better in general. :)

Edited by Asphodelic, 29 June 2017 - 12:49 PM.

|| Alishya || +Gallery || TDA's Resident of Eppes Brothers Fanatic || Available (Please PM beforehand) ||

mgKTQp.png