61 replies to this topic

#19 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,527 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

if you want for the same artist to remake it then you can post your request in the giant eraser++. if you want a different artist to do the same banner then you'd have to send a message to the original artist asking their permission to request again :)

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4 UFG5

#20 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Just adding onto what Kristina said, if you PM the artist but do not receive a response, you may post a new request after two weeks have passed since you sent the PM regardless. If that's the case, though, make sure that you say so in your request.

- branwen -

lgms coordinator -- dueling arena moderator -- social media manager

Posted Image

+about lgms | signature by starbuck | +submit your artwork!

+artist q&a | +gallery | +hpft author page

#21 hopey110

hopey110
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

I'm kind of just bad at reading rules, or finding the answers when they are plainly listed.. :(  Anyways.. To become a member artist I have to make a gallery, right? It'll be a 'variety' of different things I made?? And then I post it in New Gallery Area? And wait for it to be approved? I just want to make sure I do it right! Thanks. :happy:

Sing%201%20different%20coloring_zpsylogc

HPFF//Tumblr

#22 daredevil

daredevil

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,445 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

^thats correct! :)

(ノ◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧

vee & gallery & pm for requests

FYErt2s.png

★ texture pack texture pack v.2 digital painting tutorial & prev: legolas.

#23 oz.

oz.

ur local curling addict

• Master Artist
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

Really dumb question, but Flickr's 'commercial use and mods allowed' is ok for TDA right?

(just double checking)

Edit: thank you!

Edited by chupacabra., 24 July 2015 - 02:43 PM.

QENIvUkD_o.gif

e c h o ; / edmund / once named deuce

#24 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

yes it is :) as long as the picture on flickr isn't under a no derivatives or an all rights reserved license, it should be fine

plNvuA.png
kristina || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4 UFG5

#25 oz.

oz.

ur local curling addict

• Master Artist
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

me again! does 'posting one challenge per month' mean august/september/etc or 30 days? i posted one... like early/mid-august so can i post a new one september 1st or do i have to wait until 30 days have passed. ((i feel like i knew the answer to this i just can't find it again))

QENIvUkD_o.gif

e c h o ; / edmund / once named deuce

#26 afterglow

afterglow

in the heart of hearts

• Veteran Artist
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

no worries! and it's once every calendar month, so you can go ahead and post another challenge once it's september 1st :)

ayesha
available for requests

Posted Image

( what a wonderful existence )

kay is the world's most gorgeous being 

#27 ardaine.

ardaine.
  • 33 posts
  • Software:I Don't Design Graphics

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Um. I was wondering if one wanted to do a Tumblr set request w/ an icon, header & sidebar image, where should it be placed? As well as which request guidelines should be use? 

TJPqVvf_zpsozhgsh8o.png

stunning set by - esoteric

#28 tea cup

tea cup

scary spice

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

If it's just for a general Tumblr blog, you can use this forum and the form contained here, for Other Requests. If it's for a roleplaying blog on tumblr, use this forum, and this form.

-- ATLAS EYES --

Posted Image

PW1 - sig by starbuck. -- PW2

#29 ardaine.

ardaine.
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

If it's just for a general Tumblr blog, you can use this forum and the form contained here, for Other Requests. If it's for a roleplaying blog on tumblr, use this forum, and this form.

Thank you so much for answering! Another quick question, must you have something posted on your tumblr before requesting? I know for stories you must have a first chapter established.  

TJPqVvf_zpsozhgsh8o.png

#30 tea cup

tea cup

scary spice

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

You'll need to be able to link to something, so the tumblr you're posting to will have to be online and visible so that we can see where the graphics will be posted.

(Also, I should have clarified - as you're requesting a header and other images for tumblr, it'd be best to use the Header Standard Request Form in the post I linked to here - not the desktop or pip ones, as you aren't requesting those types of graphics. You can then just include the multiple image sizes that you're after in that form.)

-- ATLAS EYES --

Posted Image

#31 GailWelin

GailWelin
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

Sorry if this is an obvious one, but I'm not entirely sure about the protocol on that issue:

I've changed my account on the archives and would like to re-up some of my older stories, with their banners of course. My new account is under the name Gail Welin also. Should I PM all the artists the created banners for my stories and ask their permission or at least warn them before re-using their lovely graphics? Since I don't like to have my pen name on the banner, they can be re-upped immediately and need no changes (they are perfect the way they are  :loves: )

Thank you!  :tongue:

Edit: got an answer, thank you again! :)

Edited by GailWelin, 06 November 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#32 ardaine.

ardaine.
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

Sorry for another question  :unsure: If a member wanted to become an artist what would be the steps in doing that? 

TJPqVvf_zpsozhgsh8o.png

#33 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

you just make a gallery in this++ forum and when it's approved by the admins (if it follows all the rules like having a credit list and update date etc then it gets approved) the gallery gets moved to the member artist galleries and you become a member artist ;)

plNvuA.png

#34 aconite.

aconite.

once & future queen

• Junior Artist
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:31 AM

Hey lovelies~

I just wanted to ask really fast - what are the rules for posting gifs from the internet on TDA in discussion? For example, if I wanted to illustrate a point about a spider thing in an Off-Topic thread, would it be okay for me to find a gif of Harry doing his pincer demonstration from HP6? My first thought was to find and credit the original maker, but then I wondered if it could be used at all without the maker's consent, etc... And now I'm just not sure. What's the policy on this kind of thing?

edit: Great, thank you, Julia! (And thank you for responding so quickly! :loves: )

Edited by aconite., 20 October 2015 - 02:18 AM.

Call me Lucia. Formerly known as AzureSeas. ♥

Posted Image

HPFF (12+) | { gallery }

#35 tea cup

tea cup

scary spice

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

It's fine to just post gifs in off topic threads and in other threads, (i.e. in a post rather than in a graphic). A lot of people do it around the board. You're not adapting the gif or anything like that, or claiming it as your own. If the site you're getting it from has an actual note about requiring credit, though, it'd be best to comply with that, though in my experience that tends to be fairly rare (if anything, gifs will carry a watermark which acts as credit itself). Most likely, you'd be able to find that exact gif somewhere else without any requirement of credit. Gifs are used all over the internet without credit, it's fairly standard practice. 

(This is actually a really complex area of copyright law, that I won't explain here, so if anyone has questions on it specifically, you're welcome to PM me :P )

-- ATLAS EYES --

Posted Image

#36 Tessalina

Tessalina
  • Junior Artist
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

I'm rather confused regarding the status of my account and capacities; I had a gallery here some time ago, but as I've been on a lengthy hiatus, it has been deleted. I would like, now, to post a new gallery and get back into the community, but the button for posting a new topic in the new galleries section is greyed out with the text 'you can not start a new topic'. Does anyone know why this might be and what I can do to solve the issue? Thanks!

Edit: I seem to have resolved the problem; I was simply trying to post in the wrong forum. Thank you!

Edited by Tessalina, 17 January 2016 - 01:35 PM.

Hello! I'm Silvia.

zbye8PWr.gif

~gallery~

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users