​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Blends

I82NH8.png

IV1Qij.png

IZRPh2.png

​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Credits

Click here

Edited by Itsugo, 31 July 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#2 theodosia

theodosia
  • Senior Artist
  • 226 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:47

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

FIRST YESSSSSSS ill edit this later

YES HELLO OKAY i know i already told you that i'd be upset if i didn't get first comment so i have been stalking the MA galleries for 3 days so that i could  :shiftyeye: 

but holy crap kylar, your gallery is so amazing  :cry:  :cry:  you already have such a refined way of colouring your graphics, and everything is so unique in here. it's very easy to tell how experienced you are.

i hope you get some larger blends in here soon too  :creepy:  i'd love to see how your comp style works with large canvasses.

the only thing i have to say is that your text placement / size / colours can be a bit awkward sometimes... but it's mostly with the smaller sans-serif fonts you use for captions and quotes. other than that, your graphics are ??? like ??? flawless ??????? rude

i will 100% be here again and again to check out these beautiful pieces.

love from niki :loves:

Edited by theodosia, 16 June 2017 - 10:18 AM.

niki!

semi-available (pm first) | photoshop cs6

ROAgPX6.png

(hello my old heart) // (stock pack)

#3 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• Master Artist
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Oh wow, your gallery is super impressive! Definitely gonna keep you on my radar!

I think your composition is so awesome in all your pieces, but +this and +this (plus bonus points for that animation!!) are my favorites 

You create such depth and interesting focal points in your pieces. +This piece is also awesome. I love the lighting and the depth here too.

Your pieces are very interesting and creative and definitely seem to be unique to you! I look forward to seeing more from you :-)

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

Posted Image  

gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#4 milominderbinder

milominderbinder

they don't allow you to have bees in here.

• Master Artist
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

hi thereeee, omg! what a brilliant gallery you have already! the way you play with colours is just brilliant (i am always a sucker for colours tbh) and your comp blows me away :O my fave stuff is definitely your signatures, especially +this  and +this  :drop: that animation absolutely slays. keep up the amazing work, i can't wait to see where you go! 

maia; 

minor piano keys ★ PM for requests!  artist Q&A ★ up for grabs

CKWkfhL.png

milominderbinder @ ao3 /  blue blackwood & rafi zale @ pottersworld     

#5 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Featured Artist
  • 3,147 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

hey! wow, your composition is incredible. you are clearly not new to graphics ;) i adore the coloring on this+ and the composition & animation here+ . your first blend is also super impressive! keep up your hard work, i can't wait to see what else you come up with :') and welcome to tda! i see you've been a member for a while, but i'm glad you decided to make a gallery :D i'm alison btw  :hiwave:

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#6 Itsugo

Itsugo
  • Graduate Artist
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

FIRST YESSSSSSS ill edit this later

YES HELLO OKAY i know i already told you that i'd be upset if i didn't get first comment so i have been stalking the MA galleries for 3 days so that i could  :shiftyeye: 

but holy crap kylar, your gallery is so amazing  :cry:  :cry:  you already have such a refined way of colouring your graphics, and everything is so unique in here. it's very easy to tell how experienced you are.

i hope you get some larger blends in here soon too  :creepy:  i'd love to see how your comp style works with large canvasses.

the only thing i have to say is that your text placement / size / colours can be a bit awkward sometimes... but it's mostly with the smaller sans-serif fonts you use for captions and quotes. other than that, your graphics are ??? like ??? flawless ??????? rude

i will 100% be here again and again to check out these beautiful pieces.

love from niki :loves:

heyyyy :D you actually got first  :creepy:  that is just so sweet of you to stalk me 

​actually, I've only done vector graphics and hand drawings (mostly abstract designs) and web skinning before I was taught blend-type graphics. That I started about a year ago (to learn, I mean) and then I kept going on and off until I finally got down to it about a month ago and studied a couple tutorials. I really have starbuck and azimuth to thank for everything I know today (and Jen who taught me graphics).​ ​

I added some large canvasses :D hope you'll see those

ahhh text... the evil thing. I just can't get text right. I thought I'd stick to serifs because they're clearer and easier to handle, but I guess I overdo it :/ I'll definitely work on that :D

you make me blush nikki

thank you so much for all the love and advice. Please do keep telling me what I'm doing wrong

Oh wow, your gallery is super impressive! Definitely gonna keep you on my radar!

I think your composition is so awesome in all your pieces, but +this and +this (plus bonus points for that animation!!) are my favorites 

You create such depth and interesting focal points in your pieces. +This piece is also awesome. I love the lighting and the depth here too.

Your pieces are very interesting and creative and definitely seem to be unique to you! I look forward to seeing more from you :-)

Hi Kara. thank you so much for all the lovely comments. To be honest I wasn't sure of the banner and the animation, so it means so much to hear that I'm not falling off at some points :D I was also pretty sure that I was all over the place with no discernible style SO THANK YOU SO MUCH I FEEL SO RELIEVED :D

hi thereeee, omg! what a brilliant gallery you have already! the way you play with colours is just brilliant (i am always a sucker for colours tbh) and your comp blows me away :O my fave stuff is definitely your signatures, especially +this  and +this  :drop: that animation absolutely slays. keep up the amazing work, i can't wait to see where you go! 

Maiaaa :laugh:

thank you so much for the love. It feel so good to open up a gallery and hear all these lovely comments from distinguished artists :D and to hear you, of all people, comment positively on my coloring is amazing :D  Thank you!!

hey! wow, your composition is incredible. you are clearly not new to graphics ;) i adore the coloring on this+ and the composition & animation here+ . your first blend is also super impressive! keep up your hard work, i can't wait to see what else you come up with :') and welcome to tda! i see you've been a member for a while, but i'm glad you decided to make a gallery :D i'm alison btw  :hiwave:

I'm actually a vector / abstract artist. I was sure my blend types were gonna be a mess (so I'm trying to fil my canvases as little as possible). and yes I was here for a year (I think) but I only joined to comment and critique on a friend's work whenever she does graphics. I eventually because a sucker for it too :D :D

Thanks a lot for all the love Alison

I'll be sure to visit all of your galleries (I was under the belief that I can only comment on other people's galleries if I have my own gallery. But come to think of it, I think I've commented before... stupid me)

#7 seraphine.

seraphine.

i shot the albatross

• Master Artist
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

hi kylar! omg your gallery is filled with so many pretty things, i love your coloring and your comp is just brilliant.

i especially love the coloring in +this, +this, and +this  :loves: the way that you use color and mono in your banners is so creative, and the animation in the sig with the waterfall.

i'm so impressed by how you already have such a distinctive style! your pieces are so creative and lovely, and your vectors are so cool <3 keep up the great work; i can't wait to see what you make next! :D

ramya; unavailable

QcoQoaC.png

gallery / q&a / tumblr

#8 Amortentia1992

Amortentia1992

"and though she be but little, she is fierce"

• Critique Corner Moderator
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hi. Let me just start by saying I love your gallery. You are clearly very talented and I'm in awe in some of your pieces. each graphic has excellent composition and I adore your coloring technique. Great use of textures and stock as well. this+ is probably my favorite piece you have because of the composition alone. Your current sig is a close second though. My only comment would be to say that your smaller text is hard to read or placed awkward in some places. Other than that I love your stuff and I can't wait to see more from you.

Taylor

Previously BrokenButterfly

My Gallery+ | My FFN Page+ -M

Posted Image

Beautiful Set by Enigma @ TDA ||  Available | Please PM

#9 Lady Plantagenet

Lady Plantagenet

Keto me fabulous

• Veteran Artist
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Hi there! I'm finally here for your requested gallery critique! Sorry I'm so late!

Anyway, your gallery is amazing, so there it is. Actually, to be more detailed, I'm so impressed with your composition and coloring, especially in your blends, but also in your icons and chapter images. You show imagination and a real flair for telling a story through your graphics. The big thing for you to work on, as far as I can tell, is your text, and particularly the smaller text. You tend to have a lot of text, especially in your banners, but in general as well. I guess I would say that all that text serves as a distraction to all the great stuff you have, so as you move forward, just decide what is essential and what can be left out. In terms of composition, I would also work on banners and sig--look carefully at that beautiful sense of balance you achieve in your blends and see how you can translate that to the smaller sizes and different shapes. You tend to have a lot of elements going on in your graphics, so you need to make some smart decisions as to the focal point and thus, what should be included throughout. You do that so wonderfully in your blends, so you need to start doing that in the sigs and banners.

I hope that helped! Let me know if you have any questions or need further commentary.

#10 Amortentia1992

Amortentia1992

"and though she be but little, she is fierce"

• Critique Corner Moderator
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi There, It’s Taylor with your requested gallery critique.

Let me begin by saying that you have a very lovely gallery. I already commented above with some of my thoughts but I’ll be a little more involved now. I know you mentioned that you want your critique to be based around the idea of how to move up in rank and where you stand now and all that but I’m going to be honest with you and say I’m not comfortable with making recommendations based on that concept. As far as I can tell from your graphics you are already skilled and not new to graphic making so I’m sure you will go far, but I’m not qualified to tell you when that will be.

I will structure this critique to tell you what I think you do really well and what could be improved upon the most, and where I think you stand.

Let’s begin with what you do well. Your composition, coloring and use of textures and stock is implemented very well in all of your graphics. Each graphic has a clear focal point that is seriously eye catching. I think is awesome that you have this is most if not all of your graphics because I often find that this is something artists struggle with, or that if there is a clear focal point that said focal point isn’t as immediately drawing as yours are. Fantastic work. this signature is a perfect example of the focal point. I’m immediately drawn to the enlarged face of sansa and the flower and then the medium sized sansa. I love the approach you took to that composition, the models kind of give a stacked feel to the sig, one layered over the other with the smallest being on the top. Excellent work. Your use of textures is extraordinary. This+ and this+ both examples of that skill. The way you use the textures in both of these just really makes the backgrounds pop out and gives your graphics a dimensional feel. Your coloring is also well defined. Each graphic is cohesive and uses colors that flow with the stock, and it stands out. this blend+ has colors that just pop out, I think it may be the first thing I actually noticed about this blend.

Moving into what I feel could be improved upon. Your text, some blending and less cluttering. You yourself acknowledged that text is a weakness for you and to be 100% honest I feel it is for most artists, myself included. I can see that you put the effort in to try and get your text to flow, I think your larger text is better than your smaller text. this banner+ for example, the small yellow text between the models is blurry, small and hard to see. I also suggest that this would be a better spot for main/larger text and the quote to be moved where the main text is currently. this sig+ is also an example of text. While the text is in this case readable and flows well with the feel of your graphic, it seems to be placed odd. I would suggest moving it slightly left and down towards the bottom of the smaller model’s dress. Where it is placed now, it battles the larger model for the focal point and in my opinion covers up too much of the curtain. As a general rule for text, try to experiment with different fonts for your smaller text especially and choose colors from the base of your graphic. Try to place text to where it flows with the focal point but doesn’t detract from what you want the viewer to see first. I recommend checking out some tutorials on text, because it is one of the best ways to learn. However, As far as text goes it isn’t altogether bad, it could just be improved slightly.

Now, If I were you I would watch out for some of your blending around models, especially faces It’s not something I feel you struggle with overall but I did notice in one or two of your graphics something that isn’t quite a halo per say but that just don’t strike me as belonging fully either. It’s not something that you really need to work on but rather just be mindful of. Then there is your graphics as a whole, I love how you fill the whole space and have something going on with them, however some of your graphics seem a bit cluttered as well. It’s not something I feel is a problem but I think you would also benefit from experimenting some with use of negative space, or minimalistic elements as well. Also, I’d love to see some B=W or monochrome coloring techniques as well.

You have a wonderful gallery with great potential. I have no doubt that you will only improve and go really far and I look forward to seeing your gallery and graphics develop even more. You have a lot that you already are doing great on and a few things that you could develop but as a whole you are very talented, and you have a lot to offer. Great work!

Edited by BrokenButterfly, 26 June 2017 - 10:21 AM.

Taylor

Previously BrokenButterfly

My Gallery+ | My FFN Page+ -M

Posted Image

Beautiful Set by Enigma @ TDA ||  Available | Please PM

#11 mockingjay

mockingjay

Do You Hear The People Sing?

• Graduate Artist
  • 1,131 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:504

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

HI Kylar, Grace here with your requested critique (:
First off let me say how blown away I am by your talent! You have a wonderful gallery here and are already showing great skill in graphic making.

It's clear you have a firm grasp of composition, coloring and blending (: 

I'll break the critique down into 'skill' sections so here goes,

Composition: You have a great understanding of composition already (much better than mine in my early days haha) Some examples of that are +this, +this and +this. There are a couple of things that could be improved upon here such as +this. In my opinion the smaller, yellow text could maybe be swapped with the titie to make it a little easier to read. It would also create a clearer focal point. Also with +this I would move the main text closer to the main model. Again this is just to create a clearer focal point. With +this blend I personally find the clock near Candice's face a little jarring, maybe because it covers her neck, almost like its cutting her off at the chin.. All in all though your understanding of composition and text placement is fantastic and with a few tiny tweaks could be almost perfect (:

Coloring/filtering: Your coloring skills are outstanding. I love how you use bright vibrant coloring but are also very skilled at darker, angsty stuff. My favorite pieces in regards to coloring are +this, +this and, +this. I don't have many 'improvement' tips or criticisms for you coloring at all to be honest other than to be mindful of 'over coloring' some of your pieces. The Candice blend to me seems over saturated and over filtered. I'm taking a guess here (as I don't use photoshop myself) but it looks like you use topaz quite a lot in your graphics which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just, in my opinion, some of the graphics look 'too smooth' if you know what I mean. Especially the blend. The faces look so smooth, almost like CGI. Again not always a bad thing to use topaz, just be mindful of over filtering as a couple of graphics look a little unnatural as a result (examples +1, +2 & +3) Again there are not many things to make criticisms about in this department, juts a couple  of things to be mindful of (again this all my personal opinion)

Text: The bane of any artists life!! Every artist struggles with finding that 'perfect' font' and placement but again you are already showing a very clear understanding of this. I think for the most part you have matched fonts brilliantly with the feel of the graphics. I especially love the font and placement on +this and +this. Personally for me the text on +this is a little off. I would maybe make the main font the same color as the flower in the top corner and lose the red border underneath, then make the block holding the smaller text red instead. Also I think the text on +this is a little bland and, maybe because of the color, a little hard to read. On +this piece the small text seems to take over the focal point. Maybe breaking it into two quotes and making them smaller (possibly size 7 with a little kerning) and placing them differently then bringing the main text to the center and closer to the models would create a clearer focal point. 

Overall you have a fantastic gallery and clear understanding of the basics. With a few tweaks here and there you could go really far. 

I already see that it won't take long for you to rise up the ranks. Sorry if this was harsh in any way and all of this is just my opinion and sorry if it's a short critique (but you are already so good, there's not much for me to do here haha). I look forward to seeing what you do next so I'll be back (:

Grace

Grace||Semi-Available||PM first ||Stunning set by alison (and peggy) <33

Posted Image

+Forever Fallen || +Artist Q&A || Follow TDA on +twitter and +tumblr

#12 Asphodelic

Asphodelic

Avi_Stole_My_Heart

• Senior Artist
  • 4,674 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:185

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

I could have sworn... I left a comment here...? Maybe it was someone else's...

Anyways, hey! Just so you know - I've been in love with your graphics ever since you started posting your graphics in the PYLC thread. Every piece is just absolutely incredible, marvelous. :fangirl:

Your composition and coloring is just enviable I tell you. :wub: Your skills are my goals. :yes:

Please keep on updating! I'll make a return visit. :D

|| Alishya || +Gallery+Designer Gallery || TDA's Resident of Eppes Brothers Fanatic || Available (Please PM beforehand) ||

vWC6Tc.gif

#13 raindance2918

raindance2918
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

This is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I love your texture and coloring use! It's really fantastic :D Especially your signatures and your banners!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Silvia Blackburn @ Pottersworld 

#14 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• Master Artist
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hiii here with some critique! Sorry for the wait <3 

Looking at your pieces (although moreso the older ones you have removed since I started my original critique), I think the thing most important to watch out for is coloring. This is part of what makes your style so distinctive and unique, and usually it's quite good, but sometimes it's a bit too much. For example, +this sig has really high reds. This can be a cool thing, but here it just seems too overpowering as it's very hard to focus on anything else. The background just kind of looks like a red blob. It's hard to focus on the piece when the coloring is too strong. However, I really like the coloring on +this sig. The blues and reds balance each other out and create a very striking coloring, that while vibrant, does not appear overdone. The focus is maintained, and with it, the composition. Same with that first blend - the colors are well-balanced and still vibrant, but they're not overpowering. With your Digest header, you have the two different colors, but they seem to overpower the piece here as well. The yellows and greens are very strong - high in contrast and brightness. It just seems a bit uneven. The brightness of the outsides pulls the focus away from the central focus point of the pieces. So generally, I do think you have great composition (especially in your blends), but when you let the coloring go a bit too far, it can detract from what was a nicely composed piece.

Those new banners you have are amazing though. The pops of green and red add interest and color to the pieces, but they're not overpowering. They don't detract from the overall piece, they just add something a little extra. I really like the coloring in those two pieces, they look great! Your blend section looks great. Those three blends you have were definitely my favorite and are definitely your strongest pieces. They definitely show you have a great eye for composition. You incorporate so much into your blends, but yet they don't seem to have too much going on them either. The focal point is clear and they're very well-balanced. I especially like the negative space use in the second blend.

As for text, generally speaking, I think you do a great job! I especially like the text +here and the last two blends. They fit into the pieces very naturally and are super easy to read. I'd be a bit more careful in your sigs. The last sig's text is in the left corner of the piece. I would probably move it to the other side of the couple. The white text here is very bright for the dark piece, but I'm not sure what else would easily be legible with the background. As I said before, I think the reds and contrast are a bit too high, and reducing this might also help with the text and comp. The text on your first blend I might move it so that it follows the downward curve in the piece (at the top of the stairs) so that it's easier to read/follow the text, but this is just a nitpicky thing. 

Overall, I think your pieces are wonderful. You are really creative and you do really cool things with both your composition and coloring. All of your pieces are so interesting, and as someone that tends to make boring pieces, I'm especially jealous. I just sometimes you have to watch out that you don't over-do the coloring or contrast too much to keep things a bit more balanced and in focus. You have such great bases, so it's a real shame when they're too hard to make out. Your newest banners are so great so I'm really excited to see what you come up with next!! You're definitely headed in an awesome direction. Keep up the great work! xo

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

Posted Image  

gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#15 Kirjava

Kirjava

The future Mrs. Shona Eddie Redmayne (one day)

• Senior Artist
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Where have you gone?! Come back come back come back and make more breathtaking graphics! You have such a beautiful style and your gallery is stunning. Especially love your composition and texture use. I mean [url=https://cdn.nickpic....ages/IZRPh2.png[/url] without a doubt is stunning! <3

Love your stuff!

Shona

Shona

Into this Wild Abyss

Posted Image

Bex (Beyond the rain) loooooves me looooves loooves me!

#16 Itsugo

Itsugo
  • Graduate Artist
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:18 AM

Where have you gone?! Come back come back come back and make more breathtaking graphics! You have such a beautiful style and your gallery is stunning. Especially love your composition and texture use. I mean [url=https://cdn.nickpic....ages/IZRPh2.png without a doubt is stunning! <3

Love your stuff!
Shona

Heyyy <3 I actually didn't have a laptop until a week ago since mine broke last year... I'm back now :D It was so nice to come back and see your comment :blush: you're the best :D

#17 just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree
  • Graduate Artist
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

hi hi hi! so i first got to see your graphics over from hpft, and they are all gorgeous, and so i had to come and leave you a gallery comment :loves: i love your creativity with textures! i love the way you use people + textures and make such cool comps with them, too! :loves: :loves: i'm also very in love with your dramatic coloring and filtering, it all ties together so well and i'm so envious of you :wub:

all in all, your gallery is beautiful and i cry <3

eva gallery
Posted Image
* Leviathan! is the best ;;

#18 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

Hey, Cat here with a quick pre-promo cleanout!

I would keep banners #1-4 and cleanout the rest. I like +this banner as well, but the blending and text have some issues. (Also try to clean up the blending on #2 and #4. it might be because of your filtering, or just bits of background left around their heads). For signatures, #1 and #4 are much stronger than #2 and #3. Icons, headers, and blends are fine. I'd remove both of the other larger pieces, or use thumbnails instead (likewise the one at the top of your gallery) - the vertical blend is overfiltered, and the other two are cool but not helping your gallery much.

In general, watch for blending (especially halos), overcoloring, overfiltering, and make sure the text is always legible. Your composition is generally very strong. Hope this helps, and feel free to pm if you have any questions!
-Cat

xxm91d.png

catgalleryq&a | semi-available | read the rules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users