21 replies to this topic

#19 Lady Plantagenet

Lady Plantagenet

free to be you and me

• Staff Moderator
  • 10,224 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

I just about fell on the floor when I saw your graphics!!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!  :drop:  :drop:  :drop:  Your filtering! Your coloring! Your composition!!! Holy moley, hon, you are fantastic!!! If I had to choose a favorite, it would be THIS+ and THIS+, but seriously, the whole gallery is a masterpiece. Congrats on work well done.

formerly Glow || andrea || need crit?

69ixXsc.png

gallery || AltheaG @AO3 || @artful_catholic on Instagram

Follow the Copyright Rules || sig quote by Edna St. Vincent Millay

#20 prokaryote.

prokaryote.
  • Senior Artist
  • 296 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:255

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

When I was told that it's normal to wait a few posts before replying I don't think they meant nine posts. :hide:

Holy crap, Paula... This is really amazing. That Insomnia banner... And that blend! Just, wow... I think the only thing that caught my eye that's a little off is the Paula the Prokaryote banner- there is a gap between her ponytail and her neck that you missed when cutting. I wouldn't even bother, except that the background is so much darker/differently colored than she is, that it sort of sticks out.

But holy crap, Paula...

Why are you literally the nicest person ever? :hearts: Seriously, I think you motivated me for months after this post! I definitely missed that piece when I was cutting and I knew which one you meant immediately because I saw it after I didn't save an editable copy. :headdesk:

omg i guess i've never commented in your gallery before?? wut. so here i am x) this+ is so stunning! there's so much movement happening it looks so cool. and your ratatouille icons are really cool too :happy: and i've been obsessed with the "flowers" blend for a while now, it will never cease to impress me :') keep making more stuff!! <3 <3

Thank you so much! I've been putting off making new icons because honestly they are so hard! I don't know how so many of y'all can just fit so much in those tiny boxes and make it look flawless.

Hi Paula! Your gallery is so lovely! THIS+ in particular is so amazing! You have a really nice sense of composition, which is why your graphics are so stunning to look at! I love the soft coloring and your use of textures and light are really nice. Keep up the great work!

You're so nice! I feel like composition is something I struggle a lot with so words of encouragement are always welcome! <3

Hi Paula!

Thought I’d stop by and leave you a little bit of holiday love on your gallery.

Can I just say that I’m so impressed with how much you’ve improved in so little time? Seriously, you’re a total rockstar. It’s so great to see you trying so many different graphic sizes and experimenting with comp. That will really help you continue to grow.

Your texture use in particular is one of your strongest skills. You do a lovely job of using them to create beautiful bases and to enhance your graphics. Definitely great work there!

Currently, your Sweet Madness CI is one of my favorite things in your gallery. I love the coloring and I think it’s great how you played with one character sitting and one standing. The height differences and sizing makes it more interesting to look at.

Keep working hard in the New Year because I can’t wait to see all of the pretty things you come up with!

Wishing you the happiest of holidays and a New Year full of all the wonderful things you deserve. :hug:

~Kaitlin

KAITLIN! I'm always so happy when you stop by! I wouldn't even be here if you weren't always encouraging me! I'm so thankful for you and your kind words! <3

Congrats on the promo, Paula! I love how you're

experimenting with text, texture, comp, everything.

You're improving so much with every graphic.

It's awesome :D +This is just so gorgeous and the

coloring on +this is unbelievable. :loves: And don't

get me started on the Fantastic Beasts poster! You're

amazing, enjoy your new blue! 

Charlotte

That's the cutest promo thingy I've seen! Thank you so much! <3 Thank you for your kind words!

hey Paula I'm Sofia! :D :hiwave: just wanted to say congrats on the promo!!! :yahoo: love how your graphics look so soft.. :wub: everything in here is very creative, especially the Daniel Radcliffe banner! :wub: keep up the good work and keep making more pretties!!!! :worship: enjoy your new shade of blue! ^_^

Hi Sofia! :wub: Thank you for the congrats and all the kind words! I'm still in shock at the promo! 

Paula! congrats on your promo!!! i'm so not surprised at all. your stock use is fabulous and it's clear that you're super willing to take risks with your composition. keep making wonderful things! i can't wait to watch you continue to grow as an artist!

Thank you! <3 The pretty new shade of blue surprises me every time I log on!

hey paula! congrats on the promo! very well
deserved, I’ve been expecting to see you on the
promo list for a few months now ^_^ you’ve got
great comp on your banners, especially +this one

and +this one, and the coloring on +this ci is

just gorgeous! enjoy the new blue!

<3 Cat

Cat!

That is such a gorgeous promo thingy! Thanks for all of your constant kind words and encouragement! I always feel nervous about my composition, so that you feel like my banner comp is good makes me feel :caren: . Thank you so much for popping by! <3

I just about fell on the floor when I saw your graphics!!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!  :drop:  :drop:  :drop:  Your filtering! Your coloring! Your composition!!! Holy moley, hon, you are fantastic!!! If I had to choose a favorite, it would be THIS+ and THIS+, but seriously, the whole gallery is a masterpiece. Congrats on work well done.

:blush: Thank you! I swear this was just what I needed to hear because I've been so nervous to even make new things (like what if they aren't at the level that they should be now that I got the promo), but I'm going to make something tonight because you've totally motivated me! I seriously can't thank you enough for your kind words!

Edited by prokaryote., 26 January 2017 - 02:06 AM.

p a u l a

BFZD00N3.png

stunning set by accio! //gallery // stories

#21 nyx

nyx

mc pee pants

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

congratulations on the promotion, paula!! it's so clear how hard you've been working :') you've been experimenting and trying so many new things and have improved so much! keep being awesome and enjoy your new blue <3 <3

vNSWqkM.gif

a l i s o n

AWTnp6UN.png

unavailable . gallery

#22 prokaryote.

prokaryote.
  • Senior Artist
  • 296 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:255

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

Thank you, Alison! <3 OOh, that's so pretty! You're the best!

p a u l a

BFZD00N3.png

stunning set by accio! //gallery // stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users