38 replies to this topic

#19 daredevil

daredevil

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,454 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

^you can be sure the admins have close to perfect credit lists! You can check out ForgottenFace, Mercury or Contour's gallery if you need examples.

You can also still include the site you mentioned (morgue) in your credit lists. Like it says in the first post, credit lists are not only to give credit, but also to direct others to your resources.

Once you start making more and more graphics, your credit list will grow steadily longer, even if you don't have many credits at the moment. :P

(ノ◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧

vee & gallery & beautiful set by doctor ziegler

5tlzvyL.png

★ texture pack texture pack v.2 digital painting tutorial & prev: legolas.

#20 r_markillie

r_markillie
  • 10 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have a question about credits and following site rules. There is a photo I used from someone off Tumblr. the problem is that the source's url contains profanity. How do I credit them?

#21 tea cup

tea cup

scary spice

• Veteran Artist
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

You can simply appreviate the profanity (for example a lot of people credit fyeah @ tumblr). However first make sure that the picture you are using is a) not copyrighted by the tumblr user and available for use in graphics, or b) not a picture from somewhere that they've simply edited, as it could also be copyrighted.

-- ATLAS EYES --

Posted Image

PW1 - sig by starbuck. -- PW2

#22 F A D E

F A D E
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thank you!!! That was kindly useful  :unsure: 

#23 fizzle!

fizzle!
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place...

I used to be make graphics on TDA and it's my first time back in a couple of years (I was on a missionary trip, long story). Anyways, all my stocks come from stock packs from TDA, but they are ancient. I downloaded them at least 3-5 years ago. Some of them have names on them, so I can give credit, but some of them don't. Should I stop using stocks from those packs I can no longer attribute, or simply list them under TDA resources? 

Thank you much! 

#24 golden.

golden.

stay up 'til the lights go out

• Administrator
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

A short while back, we did a cleanout of the Swap Meet+ which is where you can find all the downloadable resources such as image packs, textures and so on.

Any image packs with copyright issues, insufficient credit etc. were removed, so if the packs you downloaded a few years ago are still there, then they're fine to use - I'd just double check that the credits list for them hasn't been updated.

If an image pack isn't there, then it's not safe to use and so unfortunately none of the images from it can be used on TDA :/

Any image that you can't find credit for can't be used. If you ever need help finding out if an image is copyrighted or not, or where it's from, please feel free to PM me or any other staff or resource moderator :)

karine!

g a l l e r y t u m b l r  

cr4ngwg.png bb2S6hk.png 3ObvWem.png

icons by midnight-road@livejournal

#25 writeramandamarie

writeramandamarie
  • Starting Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

So, if we find and use an image thats posted online, say from a photo shoot, is that consider public domain? Example:

http://www.kulfoto.c...t-ginny-weasley

#26 winter soldier

winter soldier

current sexuality: the winter soldier

• Veteran Artist
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

Pictures from photoshoots are okay to use, as long as there aren't any watermarks on them, or they haven't been edited yet. I'd avoid sites such as those, though, and try and look for actor galleries (unofficial or official) where all their pictures are in one place and it's much easier to check the copyright of the particular picture. But like I said, most actor pictures are considered public domain, even ones from photoshoots.

Posted Image

NEW GALLERY && amazing sig by badlandr || Previously Mercury

#27 Khaleesi

Khaleesi
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Okay, I am not sure if this goes here but I am in the middle of compiling my credits list (after losing my old one, sadness, when I took a major break from any and all graphics making communities) but I am a little confused about one of the sections on your credit list specifications at TDA. You state that its okay to have it off site, such as tumblr, but when I was reading the community rules you guys stated no tumblr links anywhere?

So, I am a little confused as to if tumblr is allowed for a credit list? I am currently using livejournal but I'd prefer to have my credit list on tumblr since I use this more and I do have a dedicated graphics tumblr blog - its a secondary blog that is strictly for graphics/inspiration only and does not have any personal information on it (besides my name) but the little contradiction confused me and I just wanted some clarification. Would it be okay to use tumblr in this instance for my credit list or should I just stick with livejournal (like many TDAers use)? Thank you! <3

#28 golden.

golden.

stay up 'til the lights go out

• Administrator
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

In general, tumblr links aren't allowed. When it comes to credit lists, however, tumblr does seem a good choice for some.

However, if your tumblr has any personal information on it, then you can't link to it for your own safety. As you've said it doesn't, only your name (as long as it's not your full name) that should be okay. 

In terms of livejournal, personally I would stick to that as it's less worrisome, or perhaps a google doc, but that's just personal preference :)

karine!

g a l l e r y t u m b l r  

cr4ngwg.png bb2S6hk.png 3ObvWem.png

icons by midnight-road@livejournal

#29 moony

moony

I do believe in commas; I do, I do

• Veteran Artist
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

Just to add on, if you do want to use tumblr and your blog has personal information, the best option would be to create a secondary blog purely for storing your credits list (or whatever else you want to do, so long as it's not going to breach the personal info rules :P) :)

jess.

ϟ

Posted Image

gallery ϟ available ϟ icon by accursed. ϟ previously Crowley ϟ tumblr

#30 Khaleesi

Khaleesi
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thank you both for clearing this up for me! <3 It is a secondary blog I would be using for this that is strictly my "inspirational/graphics blog" and mostly I just post resources, etc on it (including some of my own!) Thank you both for making this clear. I was just confused since the rules seemed to contradict one another as to what was acceptable and what isn't regarding tumblr blogs.

#31 .thursday

.thursday
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

this i know will be really helpful in the future, thank you  :happy:

#32 Shinya

Shinya
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hi

I'm slowly coming back to graphics making, and I have a question about my credits list I know were my resource come from but I lot of those site are now gone. Should I still add them or do I need fine new resource?

#33 legendson

legendson

TDA's resident creeper.

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

How do you mean gone? Are they offline or do they not make resources anymore? Either way, credit them to be on the safer side :)

ak || sick as hell

#hailHYDRA

#34 Shinya

Shinya
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

How do you mean gone? Are they offline or do they not make resources anymore? Either way, credit them to be on the safer side :)

I mean the website has been delete and its not there anymore. But I will still credit them :)

#35 legendson

legendson

TDA's resident creeper.

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Are you sure they had Creative Commons license on their resources? If not, I'd suggest you don't use their resources at all. :)

Shoot me a PM if you'd like any other further clarifications :)

ak || sick as hell

#hailHYDRA

#36 Shinya

Shinya
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

I can't remember its been so long, I will just look fro some new once than.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users