by azimuth by red herring
by foggy
by Fireheart
by Artemesia
by Lauralei

Community Status Updates

ForgottenFace's Photo

ForgottenFace

I'm fairly certain I'm getting nothing from my boyfriend for x-mas this year and that makes me really sad.
Dec 15 2016 01:41 PM
  • TreacleTart's Photo
    TreacleTart
    Relationships are built on communication and little things like this tend to build resentment which can be the death of a relationship. You don't need to have a long convo necessarily, but maybe try telling him "I feel unloved at the holidays because you put so little effort into it. I know you don't like Christmas, but I do and it would make me feel happy and cared about if you could put just a bit more effort into it."
    Dec 15 2016 02:22 PM
  • Illuminate's Photo
    Illuminate
    ^^ Exactly what TreacleTart said. My boyfriend thinks he's not great at picking gifts but he doens't get it's the thought that counts so he still does :) even if it's something I'd never want it makes no difference!
    Dec 15 2016 02:26 PM
  • nancy drew.'s Photo
    nancy drew.
    Just popping by to say that I'm really sorry, and I completely agree with everyone else about communication. ♥ My boyfriend and I went through a long rough patch because we were bad at communicating, and now we tell each other at the first sign of an "off" feeling, no matter what. Communication is essential to a happy relationship! Rooting for you, Becca. I hope you have a very merry Christmas. ♥
    Dec 15 2016 02:37 PM