Keto me fabulous

• Veteran Artist
  • 10,433 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Using the Duelling Arena

Do's and Don't's

Do's

• Enter challenges with newly made graphics only. Note that anyone can enter challenges, whether they are artist or non-artist
  • Make an 'in' post to signify that you will participate (this is only allowed in general challenges)
  • Always read the challenge requirements, as not meeting them can result in disqualification. 
  • Include your image codes when entering a graphic.
  • Post challenges using the form specified below.
  • When posting a challenge, put the challenge deadline in the topic description: 2 weeks for regular challenges, 3 weeks for partner challenges
  • Please make sure the images you want other people to use in your challenges adher to copyright rules.

Don't's

• Post a challenge if you are a member or member artists. This also includes moderators of member artist rank.
  • Post a challenge when two others have already been posted that day
  • Post a challenge when there are already twelve challenges open
  • Enter with a graphic that was made using a tutorial. That's considered cheating.

**members are no longer restricted to posting one challenge a month, however do bear in mind the other rules when doing so (i.e no more than 2 challenges can be posted a day, no more than 12 challenges can be posted at all)

FAQS

How do I post a challenge?

To create a challenge, please use the following form. Just copy what is in the box and paste into your own topic.

[b]Challenge Issued By:[/b]
[b]Challenge Title:[/b]
[b]Image Size:[/b]
[b]Text:[/b]
[b]Specific Images:[/b]
[b]Mood:[/b]
[b]Animation?[/b]
[b]Other Information:[/b]

[b]If you're okay with us posting this on social media (with attribution, of course!), please say so when you post your entry. Thank you![/b]

[b]Challenge ends:[/b] DATE

Remember to post the image code with your entry!

[code][img=image url here][/code]

OR

[code][img=image url here][/code]

In the title of your topic, in brackets, please state what type of graphic your challenge requires. Note that banner challenges should not include more than THREE banners at a time, due to time constraints.

What site do I best use for hosting?

Postimage, NickPicHost, Imgur, ImgBB.
We do not reccomend hosting on Tinypic or Photobucket.

What is an image code? 

An image code is a code in which you put your image url between the img brackets so we can easily copy and paste it for the polls. An image code will look like this: 

[img=image url here]

or

[img=image url here]

Example:

changeovertimemq3.png

[img=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6924/changeovertimemq3.png]

How do I include this image code?

This is a break down of what your IMG code should look like when in the reply box, before posting:

hhlNz.png

You can either type this manually, or use the below shown icon in your post tool bar

Dnvol.png

This will add the tags, so that you have what is shown in the first image in your reply box.

Edited by miss atomic bomb, 31 January 2018 - 05:46 PM.
updated

#2 winter soldier

winter soldier

current sexuality: the winter soldier

• Veteran Artist
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Rules for Rank-Specific Challenges

Rank-Specific challenges are also posted in General Challenge section and must follow all of the rules in place for the area. In addition, the following rules must also be followed:

Rank-Specific Challenge Rules
  • Only Dueling Arena Moderators and Staff Moderators can post rank-specific challenges. Artists can suggest challenge ideas in the Break Room +here, but may not post them directly in the General Challenges forum.
  • Only artists of the rank(s) specified in the challenge title may enter a challenge. Members = [M], Juniors = [J], Seniors = [s], Grads = [G], and Staff = [F]
  • Rank-Specific challenges do not count toward the daily limit of two challenges.

Edited by tea cup, 29 April 2016 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image

NEW GALLERY && amazing sig by badlandr || Previously Mercury

#3 Lady Plantagenet

Lady Plantagenet

Keto me fabulous

• Veteran Artist
  • 10,433 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ultimate Challenges
Edited by .asperity, from an original post by Susan

Ultimate challenges are bigger scale challenges that will run for one month. Each month, a new ultimate challenge will be posted. The poll for these challenges will run for 2 weeks. 

During the final week of every month, a poll with ideas will be put up too, to pick the challenge for the next month.

DO's

• Post your challenge ideas in the thread, using the general challenge form. here+. Ultimate challenges should generally more difficult that normal challenges (using more than three different types of graphics)
  • If your idea was not chosen, you can enter it again.
  • Enter a challenge when you already have a partial entry. 
  • Post your final entry on a single canvas.
  • Post a thumbnail of the canvas together with the canvas, to be used in the poll. This thumbnail may not be bigger than 250x400. [ for the entry format see here ]

Don't's

• Post in the challenge idea thread when you're Member or Member Artist [ similar as for general challenges ]
  • Post in the challenge when you do not have a partial entry. This means no 'in' posts allowed.

Whether the inclusion of the "admin pick" among the awards will depend on the number of entries for each challenge. There will be honourable mention awards for everyone else who entered. The award posts will still be made in the Notices from the Admin forum.

Remember

All regular challenge rules also apply in this area.

FAQ

What site do I best use for hosting?

Postimage, NickPicHost, Imgur, ImgBB.

We do not reccomend hosting on Tinypic or Photobucket.

Feel free to PM the Ultimate Challenge mods with any questions you may have. A list of mods can be found here

Edited by starbuck., 05 August 2017 - 05:36 AM.
updated

#4 golden.

golden.

stay up 'til the lights go out

• Administrator
  • 4,286 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

I Challenge Thee! Rules

Also known as the Continuous Challenge

The main purpose of the I Challenge Thee area is to keep the thread continuous for a month, after which all the entries will be compiled into a poll. The winner of said poll will be placed into the Hall of Fame.

General Rules:

• Only Staff Moderators and Duelling Arena Moderators may post the challenge cycle thread for each month.
  • Anyone can enter the challenge. You do not have to be a registered artist to participate.
  • The I Challenge Thee thread will last for an entire month (i.e. the whole of January, a new one for February, and so on).
  • If you know you will have the time to enter the challenge, you may post to claim the challenge posted above you and edit it in your entry at a later date.
  • You must always post a challenge for the person below you. If you fail to comply to this rule, your post will be deleted.
  • Please limit your posts to once every 7 posts or so, in order to give everyone a chance to participate.
  • All regular challenge rules apply in this area, unless stated otherwise.
  • The I Challenge Thee polls will run for 7 days.

karine!

g a l l e r y t u m b l r  

cr4ngwg.png bb2S6hk.png 3ObvWem.png

icons by midnight-road@livejournal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users