by Fireheart
by Artemesia
by Lauralei

Photo

How Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
705 replies to this topic

Poll: Where Did You Hear About The Dark Arts? (1497 member(s) have cast votes)

Where Did You Hear About The Dark Arts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#37 Guest_Chocolate Frogs_*

Guest_Chocolate Frogs_*

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

hpff.com

#38 Guest_Siriusly Obsessed_*

Guest_Siriusly Obsessed_*

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

Found the link on Jan's (TomFoolery) author page when the old s7 board was here :)

#39 Guest_brilliantbeauty_*

Guest_brilliantbeauty_*

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

I needed a banner, and KimMalfoy rocked my socks, but I wanted to try out some new styles, so I got a banner from Finicky on TDA. And since I ahve an issue with not being content with being a member, I opened the world's most crap program ever seconded only by Paint, and began making banners. And here I am today. With the industry standard program but still crap banners. :)

#40 anansi

anansi

you mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

• Veteran Artist
  • 837 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:28 AM

hpff in the forums, waaaay back in the day ^_^

Edited by trixy, 22 September 2006 - 03:28 AM.

#41 Guest_Vor Tirla Laime_*

Guest_Vor Tirla Laime_*

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

The FAQs for HPFF. I distinctly remember, I think about 2 months before I actually joined the s7 boards, TDA had a very purple/pink skin. :rolleyes:

#42 Violet

Violet

Grumpy Old Violet

• Veteran Artist
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

From the HPFF forums. It was in the very early days of the DA and I got my first banner from Kay. ^_^

Posted Image
tumblr (M) ~*~ fanfiction ~*~ gallery
not available for requests

#43 Guest_Kipsy_*

Guest_Kipsy_*

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Am I one of the few "others"? XD Well, I'm a big fan of HP RPG. People had these incredible beautiful sets on my site, and this was way back in winter when TDA was really popular and well known. So, I'd heard of the site before, vaguely. I asked someone where they go their signatures, and she gave me place.

And then I lurked.

For months. I'm a lurker, I get the feel of a place before joining. I've been checking out this place since, oh I don't know, mid-January? XD Heh, 9 months. And I just recently posted a gallary. Yes, that would be the definition of a lurker. My brother got this photoshop trial, I messed around with it. Found out I liked it, and the rest is history, I guess. I guess I finally decided I was ready to make myself known. W00t.

#44 (imaginaire)

(imaginaire)
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Actually I found TDA through an online chat. Harry Potter chat that never talked about Harry Potter topics at all. But then a guy obsessively into graphic designing brought the site up and everyone decided to check it out. I didn't really do much on the site until summer started. At first I just lurked around :ph34r: and did absolutely NOTHING. Gosh I couldn't believe how lurkerish I could be.

Then I found out from the request sections about HPFF and started to write my own stories in which I needed a pretty banner. I found myself making a username and requesting. Now, my addiction to my PSP is quite terrifying to my non-graphic making friends. :D I love it! :wub:

skye. gallery. previously known as horizonblvd.

#45 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

i'm famous on the internet

• Site Owner
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

From the HPFF forums. It was in the very early days of the DA and I got my first banner from Kay. ^_^

You did

:blink:

God, i'm sorry.

#46 Guest_icy_*

Guest_icy_*

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

From HPFF, back in the days where there was the green skin (or was it brown? or pink? can't remember...that went through many skins ;) ) and there was ze chatbox. I remember at the time, many people were offering graphics in the HPFF forums so TDA was set up.

And I was a member who lurked around at the time...until towards the end of s13 when I *tried* my hand at PS and then eventually, I got addicted. ^_^

#47 Guest_magicalperfect_*

Guest_magicalperfect_*

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

I've known about TDA through HPFF for a very long time. I never initially joined because I didn't need to. I decided to join for fun and also to be able to comment on the lovely galleries (i.e. Mara, Jassy lovely, and Susan dearest). :)

#48 Guest_Chica_*

Guest_Chica_*

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

i was going to be smart and say "what do i put?" but i didn't. :P

Jan asked if I'd be interested before she even made the first board, she wanted to make sure graphic makers would at least be interested in a board. I would leave a lot, and turned down my Mod promotion when we were moving (i think it was mod, whatever it was at the old board, been too long to remember) and yeah, recently posted stuff again as a somewhat member. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chica, 22 September 2006 - 10:20 PM.

#49 Guest_Baristina_*

Guest_Baristina_*

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

although I realize HPFF is a popular question in the poll-box, I really did hear about TDA via HPFF. It's what got me into graphics. :wub: ^_^

Edited by Baristina, 09 October 2006 - 10:25 AM.

#50 Guest_dim at best_*

Guest_dim at best_*

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

I heard about the TDA through HPFF, when I was in dire need of a banner :)

#51 Learha

Learha

actus reus

• 681 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:16 AM

I was looking for a banner for one of my HPFF stories and I found these boards :) I registered in February and a couple of months later I came back here with somehow increased interest in graphics making. *shurgs* ^_^

Posted Image

#52 Serena

Serena

through the looking glass

• 713 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:07 PM

I don't remember for sure, but i think it was from HPFF. Might have been after Kay did a banner for me, and i wanted to see what it was all about and i came here. Seems like such a long time ago :lol:

#53 Guest_nickelei_*

Guest_nickelei_*

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

Umm I believe there were little signs in everyones story summary for their banners, such as ' banner made by _____ from the dark arts.' And I was all ooOO What's the Dark Arts?
So I found it and joined. :lol:

#54 nevernoticed_93

nevernoticed_93
  • 250 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:11 PM

i chose other cos i was just roaming around the internet looking for tuts!! :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
call me...sam.sami.samjoy.skittles.mayumi!
[click SPOCK to see my gallery]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users