#1 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Featured Artist
  • 3,144 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

Go somewhere cool recently? Dying to keep sharing your photos even though friends and family have told you to please stop because it's getting annoying?? Been there. Post HERE with any photos you want to share with the TDA community!

Just fill out this form below:

[b]Location of photo(s)[/b]
[b]Date(s)[/b]
[b]May these photos be used as stock? *WITH CREDIT*[/b]
[i]note: if you're posting them elsewhere in a stock pack, post a link here![/i]
[b]What was the best part of your trip?[/b]

If you have TONS of photos, feel free to hide a portion of them with spoiler tags - click the little lightswitch on the top left corner of where you're typing the post, and then type [*spoiler] to start the tag and [*/spoiler] to end it (remove the stars!)

**Note: If for privacy reasons you don't want to share the location and/or date of the photos, that's fine. If you're comfortable, try to include a general area (ie: English countryside; Hawaii; somewhere along the Nile River... idk hopefully you get the point lol)

Edited by choobacca, 23 April 2018 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Location of photo(s) bratislava, slovakia
Date(s) december 2014
May these photos be used as stock? *WITH CREDIT* yeah though i doubt they're stock worthy :P (also i made them smaller since there's no need to upload a 3000px picture)
What was the best part of your trip? i went with two friends and we also visited vienna on this trip (but i was in vienna even before that....) but in bratislava we were in a hotel that was literally on the main square so everything in the city was really close by, that was awesome! and we saw some cool soviet era monuments (i'm a big history fan, the USSR is especially fascinating for me) and soviet architecture :D - there's a bridge that has a UFO lookalike restaurant on top of the bridge's construction, really cool! the picture i uploaded is 'Man at work' statue made by artist viktor hulik - it's a statue of a sewer worker resting on top of a manhole and peeping at passersby :P

vBHWdP.jpg

Location of photo(s) berlin, germany
Date(s) october 2016
May these photos be used as stock? *WITH CREDIT* yep
What was the best part of your trip? i loved berlin, it's literally been my wish to visit for a really long time and so when i finally went on the trip i had a whole bunch of stuff i wanted to see. it's such a great, multicultural city, i wish i could live there at least for a little while. anyhow, my favourite part was going to the DDR (east germany) museum (the have a trabant car simulator! a whole reenactment of a typical DDR apartment! whole bunch of normal household things from that era...) and also the reichstag (what can i say? i'm an architect :P) and checkpoint charlie (okay, that's really touristy but hey...i'm a tourist) and of course, the berlin wall with awesome graffiti - unfortunately i don't have my own pics of the berlin wall :I

vBN3cG.jpg
the reichstag (german parliament whose dome was designed by a famous british architect, sir norman foster)

vBNF1z.jpg
checkpoint charlie (best known berlin wall crossing point)

Location of photo(s) hamburg, germany
Date(s) april 2017
What was the best part of your trip? going into a captured russian submarine :P and going through a tunnel beneath the elbe river (it opened in 1911!), also the elbe waterfront is pretty cool, it was designed by zaha hadid. and the most exciting part was definitely visiting the elbphilharmonie! it just a fantastic beautiful building :loves: we also went to 'dialogue in the dark' - blind guides lead visitors through different settings (like shopping or entering a boat (since hamburg is kind of like a northern venice), going around an apartment and finally going to a bar and getting a drink) in complete darkess - you can't see a thing (you do get a white cane to help you). it's an experience i would recommend everyone (they have this in other cities, too), you don't realise how hard it is for visually impaired people until you experience it. i was amazed :loves:

vBNOcQ.jpg
elbphilharmonie

Location of photo(s) beijing, china
Date(s) may 2015
What was the best part of your trip? visiting the great wall of china (the part that's relatively close to beijing)! we also went to xi'an (where we saw the terracotta soldiers) and to shanghai. i mean, all of the cities are huge, i was not used to that. we went by train from beijing to xi'an and omg, we saw like, literally villages transformed into skyscrapers (you could see a few old houses, fields to be cultivated and huge skyscrapers with apartments). beijing also has the really really cool stadium called the bird's nest (it was made for the olympic games). i loved the forbidden city and the summer palace, too! also i came back from that trip loaded with all sorts of very tasty teas (i'm a tea person :P). everything was very impressive....the weirdest thing i saw was street food in beijing - there were like, fried scorpions, and spider and stuff like that haha (i'm not sure if this is real street food or is it just a thing for tourists). the food was different in all three cities we visited (of course, totally different to chinese food you can get in the west) but i loved all of the variations of chinese cuisine i tried, it was all really tasty :D

vBNh4x.jpg
the great wall of china

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) (M) || art&fic || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4

#3 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Featured Artist
  • 3,144 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

Location of photo(s) Big Bend National Park in Texas & Mexico
Date(s) April 19-20, 2018
May these photos be used as stock? *WITH CREDIT* yes, but I'm also going to make a stock pack :D
note: if you're posting them elsewhere in a stock pack, post a link here! to be added ;)
What was the best part of your trip? okay basically everything tbh. but seeing this landscape was incredible. i've never seen a desert landscape (which i'm not really including in this preview oops) or a basin/mountains/mesa like this before. but we did do one hike where there were deer all over the place, and a couple were just chilling on the trail. it was awesome; they were so un-bothered by humans walking by them. it was really cool :') oh also swimming in the Rio Grande between the US and Mexico

mSkcadm.png
Boquillas de Carmen canyon

KPe0ffc.png
Rio Grande - that's Mexico on the other side!

Hnx0tOP.png
Chisos Basin

f1NPZnG.png
view of "The Window", the end of a trail leading out of the Chisos Basin campground

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users