58 replies to this topic

#19 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

@Asphodel: I definitely remember your name! It's lovely to see you around again. :hug: I haven't really been around anything HPFF-related for a while, so believe me when I say that it's really good to be back, too. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my graphics! I'm having a lot more fun with Photoshop than I ever did with GIMP. :D I really appreciate you coming and commenting in my gallery! I'll have to come check out yours soon! Have a wonderful day.

@Morgan: First off, a huge congratulations is deserved to you because of your recent promotion! You definitely deserved it. :loves: Thank you for dropping by to come and comment on my own gallery! I appreciate your lovely words. I've heard that from Rohini about the Doctor banner, and I think part of that effect comes from trying to put a touch of light on Ten's face... whoops. But thank you for pointing it out, because I do know that hard-cutting is something I need to work more on. Your crit very welcomed! Hopefully I'll join you in the junior ranks before too long. :) Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

girl sleuth.  || beautiful set from beautiful bex!

#20 Simple1

Simple1
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

Heyya, there Rachel, i come to your gallery now kay.

Well, i do love the composition of your banner, really i do, how you mastered the focal point with all that flowery background that kinda hard for me to mastered, but you really make the composition so well. Especially the clara one.  Amelia one is also nice because you can make me to look at two focal point at once, but still goes on with the flow. But maybe you could make some more depth in it by using coloring? Like playing around with selective color?

As for the icon cant complaint anything about it, and for your coloring, its really nice, hopefully i  can learn a lot from you

Anyway ciao

El

Posted Image

#21 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for stopping by, El! ♥ And thank you so much for your lovely comments, too. I'm so glad you like my banners -- that's a pretty new style for me, done for the UC challenge, and I've really been enjoying it! The Amy banner has a lighter coloring than the Clara one, for sure, so it does look a little interesting juxtaposed next to it.

Glad to see you're still hanging around! Looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#22 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,193 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Rachel!! 

Congrats on the promo chick! 
very proud of you, it's awesome to see another stock user with a lot of potential. 

So, it isn't much - but here's a promo present from me to you. 
(I always make them with Judy in, something you'll have to get used to, seeing as I think if you keep on improving there'll be more promos in the future!) 

roU1iUz.png

enjoy your new shade of blue!!! 

Bex

// bex  // lovely sig by saturn. // MY TUMBLR (M)
image.png

~now, sashay away ♥ ~  

#23 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

v6TgcUc.gif

RACHEL I AM SO EXCITED YOU GOT PROMOTED!

I cannot get over that second banner in your

gallery right now! You've improved so quickly

and I am SO excited to see where else you go

from here! Enjoy that new blue and keep

doing what you're doing! :)

- Katlynn

Edited by arrietty., 01 August 2016 - 08:08 PM.

K   A   T   L   Y   N   N

mdDLqe.png

gorgeous sig by A LITTLE LIFE. // formerly  ARRIETTY. // visit my  GALLERY

#24 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,969 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

i bet you're going to improve so fast and I can't wait to see it!

look at this i said this only a MONTH ago I can't believe I was so right :')

honestly rachel you're one of those unfair people who is so good at everything you do

but i am SO PROUD of you and getting to junior so quickly

your stock use is so good already, and look what the heck is this+ how dare you be so good 

i'm so pleased about your promo I knew you were going to get it and I'm even more excited to see where you go next <33

have a lil prezzie and i'll be back soon for your next promo ;D

uLxPhpGE.png

- hannah

#25 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

RAAAACHELLLLLL

I am so so happy to see you make it to junior! your graphics have been improving LIKE MAD and I love how much you're experimenting and working hard with trying to improve your skills! its great to see your pretties in pylc and to see you around the forums, being awesome in general!

(and I'm also glad my crit helped! :P)

here's a small gift from me!

1wzlKCr.png

can't wait to see you fly through the ranks!

lots of love,

Rohini

#26 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

NxXtaxn.jpg

congrats rachel! not at all surprised
to see you promoted, you've improved
so much in just the last few weeks!
I really love the simplicity and
bold colors on the under pressure
banner, and that vertical banner is
phenomenal! can't wait to see
you continue to grow as an artist here ^_^
enjoy the new blue!

<3 cat

Edited by angelica., 02 August 2016 - 03:31 PM.

gallery | q&a | unavailable | read the rules

#27 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Thank you all so much for the pretty presents and lovely words! :loves: This place is amazing. ♥

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#28 archer.

archer.

nope

• Senior Artist
  • 1,805 posts
  • Vault Points:170

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:41 PM

can't believe i never commented on your gallery before. anyways...hi rachel! glad you finally got promoted. you've been doing so well lately and i just wanted to come here and say congrats on getting junior. you deserve it so much and i hope you're liking all the new privileges of being a junior.  keep improving, girl. remember to practice, practice, practice and to experiment and find your own unique style. keep improving so you can be senior and move on up to staff. 

Angie is Available 

YbezebKi.gif

GGPbUuO.png

sig by my little(Vault713)so cuteee Gallery

#29 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

Thanks so much, Angie! That's incredibly awesome of you to say. ♥ I'm definitely having a lot of fun experimenting and trying to find the "me" in all of these artists here -- it's difficult, but I'm totally enjoying it. Thanks for dropping by!

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#30 Stille Nacht

Stille Nacht

Off Topic Mod

• Member Artist
  • 684 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:197

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hi Rachel!

How have I not stopped by your lovely gallery until now!?  Well I am here now! (Better late than never I suppose).  :D

I love that your gallery has a more simple feel to it and isn't overloaded with graphics. 

Your banners are so lovely! I especially like the negative space one. It is well composed and so brilliant! AND that totally drop dead gorgeous Veritcal Banner!  :drop: WOW!!

I like how sharp your CI's are and your Sigs. I think you do a great job on conveying what your seeing in your mind into your work.

Congratulations on moving up to Junior Artist!! Very VERY well deserved! 

I look forward to seeing what else you create!! 

Posted Image

|| Available - PM First || Gallery || Jenn || Photography ||

*Amazing Signature by: milominderbinder*

#31 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

Thank you so much for dropping by, Jenn! :hug: This campaign of commenting you've embarked on is beyond sweet. I think "simple" is the nice word for "is really picky with what graphics stay and what don't," because I'm really conscious of only wanting my very best graphics on display, so I appreciate that. :P Thanks so much for your sweet words! ♥ I hope to see you around often in the coming weeks and months!

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#32 red herring

red herring

quelle night

• Master Artist
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:31 PM

Hey Rachel, I'm Ronnie.  :hiwave:  Whenever I see the title of your gallery pop up I have to smile, because The Office just might be about the greatest thing ever. A++++ on that. :P

Also, I love all of your banners; I like the minimalistic look of +this this one, it's just so cool. I also think you work really well with stock though, like in +this and +this. Also, that vertical banner? Gah, it's just so great and well composed, I wish I were brave enough to try making one.  :blush: 

Looking forward to seeing more from you very soon!

▻▻▻  veronica, aka ronnie; 353 days  ◅◅◅

JHzsyYT.png

critiques; sig by the wonderful cassie (aurevoir)!

#33 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

Hi Ronnie! Sorry that it took me so long to reply to this. :blush: But thank you for stopping by! The Office is literally one of my favorite things on earth. I can tell we're going to get along just fine. ♥ Thank you for all of your lovely compliments on my banners! I make too many of them. Your own graphics are gorgeous, and I need to stop by your gallery and squee properly. Soon!

Thank you again. ♥ Have a wonderful day, and I look forward to seeing you around!

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#34 a little life.

a little life.

flower power

• Master Artist
  • 921 posts
  • Vault Points:561

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hi Rachel! I'm here because I saw your signature in PYLC and it's so gorgeous!! It's been a while since I've been in here and you've definitely improved. A lot! Your stock use seriously amazes me. How are you so good at stock it's basically impossible!!? Your first banner is one of your best I think, though everything is so amazing. I love how you color too! The first 3 banners especially have a beautiful dark mood. I think your specialty is dark coloring! ^_^ I actually really like that 4th banner too. It's cute! Make more graphics like this! :silly: Another one of my favorites would be your first CI. The comp is so unique and I just really love it. I can't wait to see more from you, Rachel! You are truly very very talented. :loves:

Love,

Charlotte 

C H A R L O T T E

7auQqbD.png

pm first | gallery | deviantart

#35 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hey, Charlotte! :glomp: Please forgive how shamefully long it took me to respond to your lovely comment here. I'm so glad that you think I've improved since you last stopped by here! Stock is my best friend -- I would so much rather deal with stock any day than textures, because textures honestly scare the crap out of me! I definitely lean toward dark coloring, too, and it's really nice to hear that someone else thinks that the two things I like best about graphic-making are my strong suits. You already know how much I admire you as an artist and enjoy having you as a friend, so to know that you like what I'm doing and think I have talent really means a lot to me!

Thanks for stopping by, lovely! :loves:

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

#36 and peggy

and peggy

mc pee pants

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 2,684 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

congratulations on your promotion, rachel! your stock use is absolutely stunning <3 i especially love your banners, the first one is just :O

WJUT4ev.png

a l i s o n

Posted Image

available - pm first . gallery 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users