futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts
  • Software:Photoshop
  • Vault Points:561

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:27 AM

oaRA02.gif

header by bottleofdreams @ sp

loves: sterek, sam smith, check please, aftg, troye sivan, marvel, harry potter, 

adrien sahores, oasis, frank ocean, hockey, and baptiste radufe.

---

newest on top of each section

b a n n e r s 

d7lgx1fo_o.png

2t1Eo76i_o.png

HuZfvSCV_o.png

c h a p t e r  i m a g e s

Hm1Vn4r.png

CzEaoZ2.png   9AcXchz.png

uaWUxg3.png   XwI3Rbx8_o.png

sJ4sxYod_o.gif    gesZuzv5_o.png

s i g n a t u r e s

Gx6pFl2.png

yNxafv3.png

c7H3ajv.png

9s77zOH6_o.png

67e18JQ7_o.png

Yr4Kz6Yt_o.png

b l e n d s

obJC4A.png

mdFTmb.gif

EpcYi1uZ_o.png

PTZw7Dlx_o.png

o t h e r s

DE2QvTP.png

U9Pfpm9j_o.png

LOMSqkbw_o.png

SWPZvvf5_o.gif

c o l o r i z a t i o n s

8RqMa7B.png 

34VSxqBd_o.png

M6gE8gR1_o.png

i c o n s

4BUWtbIf_o.png

yEHLLIwo_o.png

a w a r d s
I8VL9W.pngI8VWCj.png
page thirteen.

winner best texture use

finalist artist of the year, best style

I8V0qY.png  I8Vkjz.png 

tea cup                                                                            miss atomic bomb                       

I8V9WG.png I8Vfmp.png

golden                                                                                             tea cup

I8V2wA.png I8VNH6.png

wildest dreams

I8VJtc.png

neptune

I8VTb1.png  I8VZHJ.png

arrietty                                                                                        panacea

credits

Edited by a little life., 08 November 2017 - 08:33 AM.

Gx6pFl2.png

prev. tamago pm first | C H A R L O T T E | gallery deviantart

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

hello and welcome to TDA :) before this gallery can be approved, could you edit your credits list so that you credit all the photographers that provided images you use (i'm referring to the fact that you credited me but you should've credited whoever was in the credits document in the pack you downloaded ;)). as per our copyright rules, the credit goes to the original creator of images/textures/fonts, not the person who posted it in a pack on TDA (or somewhere else if it's not the original creator who posted them). if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'll be glad to help out in any way i can! ^_^

#3 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

Hello there Charlotte!! welcome to TDA! I don't know whether I've introduced myself- but I'm Rohini!

What an amazing start you have here! Your composition skills are really great, and I love how you have an unique sense of focal point (which is not easy to master!!!!!) That pocahontas sig, especially, is SO GOOD!!

I also love your animation skills! that bucky sig is amazing (so glad to have found someone who's a fellow bucky barnes trash <3) and I also love your tate langdon sig a lot!! however, I feel like the larger tate at the back is a bit blurry and needs a tad bit contrast and some sharpening. :D

your icons!!! oh gosh I love those zootopia icons! I'm usually a big failure when it comes to icons, and you have nailed icon composition so well so early, its really impressive!!

My only advise would be to watch brightness and contrast when you colour- some of graphics feel a bit undercontrasted. but you'll master that with time and experience, don't worry!

keep making more things!!!! I can't wait to see how you improve! I can already see a style developing, and to have that so early is amazing!

love,

Rohini

#4 gryffiefan

gryffiefan

the future Mrs Blake

• Member Artist
  • 271 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:159

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Hey there Charlotte! Welcome to TDA ^_^

I'm really impressed at how good your gallery is so far! Your graphics are really pretty and your comp skills are amazing. You even managed to make two grpahics with animation (I haven't even done one, you're better at this than me! lol ) 

I especially love your winter soldier sig (another bucky barnes trash here :sean: ) I also like your Jilly banner - even tho I think that the brightness is a bit too low? 

Anyways, keep on making graphics cause you're very good at this! 

Don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need something or simply wanna chat ;)

~ Cee <3

Edited by gryffiefan, 22 June 2016 - 08:49 AM.

Call me Cee | unavailable

p5mSfKg.png

bex made me these lovelies! + don't fear the unexpected +   

#5 a little life.

a little life.

futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

@aspara.: Hi Rohini! I'm so glad to hear all this from you, since I reallllyy admire your style, you graphics goddess<3

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as skilled with animation, since my only experience comes from making lq gifs on tumblr. xD 

Yay, Bucky trash!! :D I just adore Bucky and Sebastian Stan sooo much. (if you can't tell my the two signatures and my gorgeous set)

What?!?!! I looove your animated icons! Thanks for the tips! I shall tackle those problems right away! Nice to meet you Rohini! :D

@gryffiefan: Hello Cee! Aww thank you! Like I said up there^^, I make a lot of gifs for my tumblr (serious Marvel trash) :) I can help you if you want, though I'm not that great either.

The Bucky trash club! :D

I shall up the brightness for the banner, thanks for telling me :) Thank youuu! Maybe I shall PM you! Keep an eye on your inbox. ;) 

Gx6pFl2.png

#6 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Requesting Arena Moderator
  • 3,912 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

hi charlotte!!

welcome to TDA and welcome to being an MA! 

you genuinely have a gorgeous start to your gallery I've been admiring your icons and the text on this+ so much!

i adore your sigs too you have a gorgeous grasp on composition and using negative space

i'm super excited to see what more you do! and i've no doubt you're gonna move up fast ^_^

and absolutely please teach me how to text you've got such a good grasp on literally the most impossible part of graphics :P

can't wait to see more from you <33

- hannah

#7 a little life.

a little life.

futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Hi Hannah! Yay, thank you!! :) I hate making icons actually. I doubt I'll make anymore for a while. :lol: Thanks for the compliment though! :D

I actually have a lot of problems with text. What I do wayyy too much is duplicate the text layer, change the bottom layer to a darker layer, and then move it a couple pixels. I'm trying not to do this too much, because it's starting to look repetitive. :silly: I'm still experimenting with stocks and textures and composition. Stocks are so hard to work with  :unsure:

You're asking me to teach you? o.O Coming from yOU?? Excuse me but your graphics are so gorgeous I cry.

Gx6pFl2.png

#8 ClearPlastic

ClearPlastic

tralalala

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hey Charlotte :) First off welcome to TDA! I think you're off to a great start with your gallery already, well beyond Member Artist level, so you can def expect a promotion soon :P I'd say right now you're about Junior-Senior level, and I can definitely see a certain style developing, which is always great when it's this early on. I like the minimalist, texture-heavy thing you have going on, I think it works really well for you.

You mentioned image quality as being one of your weaknesses, and it's really not that massive of an issue. There's some very tiny LQ-ness going on, but it's nothing too bad. To me the Lily&James banner looks a bit oversharpened and pixellated, and on your Barbara Palvin sig the bigger Barbara looks a bit undersharpened as well, but that's pretty much it. I love how crisp the All We Do chapter image is! I guess for image quality just watch out for those small things here and there, and your eye will get more used to picking out over/undersharpening. 

Your use of text is awesome as well. I like that you've got a big variety of different fonts and colors and styles going on, it's nice to see that you're not afraid of trying different things. I especially love the text on the animated Bucky banner, I think it works so well with the graphic. Honestly no complaints here, just want to see where else you can go with experimenting! Definitely keep doing what you're doing with text. Keep on trying new things!

In general I think your comp is quite good as well. The only thing that isn't that great comp-wise in your gallery is the James & Lily banner. To me it looks a bit unfinished, and I think even though the sides were meant to be empty, it's just a bit too much empty space. Maybe if there was another texture, or another girl in the foreground. Text is great though, but the image quality is also a bit of an issue. I'd say this banner is the weakest thing in your gallery, and I would maybe remove it BUT you don't have any other banners in your gallery so maybe that might not be a good idea... I know when it comes to promos, the admins always like to see the different canvas sizes and graphic types that you can work with, so I'm not sure if removing it would work to your advantage. But something to think about anyway. I'd definitely suggest making more things! Right now your icons, CIs, sigs, and banner is great, but I'd love to see maybe a blend or a book cover or more banners in there.

ANYWAY back to comp, everything else is nicely comp-ed and nothing's coming across as too repetitive now. Comp of Pocahontas sig especially is gorgeous :wub: love the textures you've used and the colors are beautiful! 

Ah okay, so you've listened banners as your final weakness, and I think it's a bit hard for me to judge your banner-making ability based off of one banner alone. To me your CIs and sigs are gorgeous, so I'm sure you'd have no problem with banners. The 700 x 110 is definitely very awkward and I've certainly struggled sometimes with making it work, but honestly just keep making more. Even if you think they're turning out like crap in the beginning, I can guarantee you you'll start to enjoy these long rectangles. For me they're the most versatile graphic type and I think also the most interesting to work with in terms of composition. The longness sometimes makes you position or comp things in new, never-before-tried ways. So I don't think banners are a weakness of yours, I think you just need to keep on practicing them :) For me a great place to start was the requesting arena. I would avoid banners so much that the only way I could make them is if I picked up a request. Usually those are less creative pressure on me because it's someone providing you with the images/mood that they want, so I just kind of used that as a no pressure way of practicing. 

All in all, like I said, great start with your graphic-making. You're definitely on the right track already and I just know that you'll be shooting up the ranks in no time as you start perfecting your style. Definitely make more stuff! :hug: If you have any questions feel free to PM me, and I hope I've helped!

hi, i'm eggie and i'm semi-available, please pm for requests!

Posted Image

| my gallery | i'm offering critique |

#9 skittery

skittery

⋌༼ ̀ ⌂ ́ ༽⋋

• Master Artist
  • 2,396 posts
  • Vault Points:515

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

Hi Charlotte! ^_^

It's Anna, here to give you the critique you requested. :)

Main Strength

The thing I think you're doing the best is your composition and texture use. Graphics like [this] and [this] and [this] are very strong. They're interesting and eye-catching. Your newer graphics are especially impressive, I think. This appears to be an area where you're improving so keep up the good work!

Areas for Improvement

Text - Look, I think you're doing a really good job overall, given that you're still a member artist, but it is still an area that could be improved. You've nailed the text on the three graphics I linked to above, though with the chapter image I think it's a little bit too close to the guy's face. You want to avoid text that overlaps with skin too much, in most cases. But [here], while the colours of the text work well, the font doesn't and it's difficult to read. Similarly, [here] the font appears to have a different mood to the rest of the graphic. My advice would be to download a bunch of new fonts and just work through and try many of them to find the right fit. I usually use around 5-10 fonts per graphic, trying one and then switching to another to see what works best. If you aren't already, I'd definitely recommend giving that a go.

Image quality - This is something that can make your graphics instantly better or worse. Finding images that are already high quality is going to make it much easier to make high quality graphics. [here] it looks like you might have used screencaps which would explain why the pictures are so dark. I think they're a bit too dark and you lose definition around his face as a result. The same thing with the main picture [here]. Make sure if you're using screencaps you really shop around to try to find the best quality ones around. 

Anyway, I hope that helps! You mentioned colouring as a weakness, but I think you're doing fine in that area, especially with your newer graphics. With banners, the best I can recommend is just to look at some tutorials if you're a bit stuck for ideas. From what I've seen, you're improving really steadily and your newer graphics are very impressive. Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be rewarded for your efforts before long! <3

Anna

Edited by skittery, 26 June 2016 - 02:21 PM.

anna.
Posted Image Posted Image
[icons by beyond the rain]

#10 nancy drew.

nancy drew.

it's locked.

• Graduate Artist
  • 943 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Hi Charlotte, I'm Rachel! I'm trying to make it a goal of mine to hop around to the other member artist galleries, so I can see the work y'all are doing and make some new friends. :) It's very nice to meet you!

Simply put, I think you're doing fabulous so far. :loves: Your graphics look really clean and polished to me, especially +this one. I think the comp on that one is so good, and I love the little fleur-de-lis texture you used in the background! Mostly, though, I'm super impressed by your handling of animation, which I'm too terrified to even touch. Your Bucky Barnes signature especially is... wow. Wow! And how you made the text look like a file folder? I'm in awe! Part of me can't believe you're only a member artist, with a signature like that. I'm really excited to see more of what you do, and I bet that you'll be a junior artist in no time if you keep improving like you have here!

Truly, great job! Hope to see you around and get to know you a little better. :)

r  a  c  h  e  l

Posted Image

girl sleuth.  || beautiful set from beautiful bex!

#11 a little life.

a little life.

futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Hello Eggie and Anna! Thank you so much for your critiques and the lovely tips. I will take your advice to heart and try my best to improve in the areas that you have both pointed out. Thank you again! <3

Hi Rachel! Nice to meet you :) Thank youuu so much for your sweet compliments. You don't know how giddy that makes me feel! <3 Animation is actually not that terrifying once you get the basics. I don't consider myself that good, really. xD I hope to get to know you better too! :)

Gx6pFl2.png

#12 Guest_apsara._*

Guest_apsara._*

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:52 AM

aaahh charlotte you got promo'd hnnnggg!! I so knew it though because you're already so amazing and I can't wait to see you grow further as an artist!

keep being awesome! and here's a smol promo giift from me <3

wTf0AW7.png

#13 saturn.

saturn.

♡♡♡

• Staff Moderator
  • 1,418 posts
  • Vault Points:2,228

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

7AfvJIQ.gif

Hiiiii Charlotte! We've never talked before,

and I sincerely hope your gallery title is

from Howl's Moving Castle because if it is,

I'll die. xx Anyway, congrats on your promo

this month! Your style is awesome and I knew

you'd get bumped up no problem! Enjoy your

new shade of blue & it's nice to meet you!

- Katlynn

Edited by arrietty., 04 July 2016 - 08:54 AM.

K   A   T   L   Y   N   N

mdDLqe.png

gorgeous sig by A LITTLE LIFE. // formerly  ARRIETTY. // visit my  GALLERY

#14 a little life.

a little life.

futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:36 AM

Thank you so much for the pretty gifst, Rohini and Katlynn! I love them  :D And Katlynn, my gallery title is from Howl's Moving Castle. I just love the movie and the song is so beautiful too.  :) Thanks again guys! I really can't believe this<3 

Gx6pFl2.png

#15 floralprint

floralprint

resident studio ghibli enthusiast

• Master Artist
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

CHARLOTTE, CONGRATS ON MAKING JUNIOR <3
your gallery is beautiful!! it's no surprise that you got promo'd :D
i'm drooling over your chapter images. i can't wait to see what else you come up with!
keep up the amazing work and enjoy your new rank :queen:
-ashley xo

p.s. also, i noticed a typo, so here's this:

MOeD7tO.png

| ash | available for requests |
O6nOFwN.png
| gallery | up for grabs |

#16 gryffiefan

gryffiefan

the future Mrs Blake

• Member Artist
  • 271 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:159

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

Charlotte <3

You got promoted, I'm so happy for you! :hug:  You so deserve it!

Keep up with the good work and here's a little gift for you ;) <3

6XYRgzz.png

~ Cee

Call me Cee | unavailable

p5mSfKg.png

bex made me these lovelies! + don't fear the unexpected +   

#17 a little life.

a little life.

futura free

• Master Artist
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Thank you Ashley and Cee! Gosh that gift is so cute! <3 And Ashley, I just noticed the typo right now. xD THank you :)

Gx6pFl2.png

#18 miss atomic bomb

miss atomic bomb

click boom

• Administrator
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

BDo06H3.png

congrats charlotte! very well deserved
promo, you have a spectacular gallery