#1 Jadzia

Jadzia

Live Long and Prosper

• Junior Artist
  • 365 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

critical failure

she's back! [me, maggie] hello and welcome to my gallery. thanks for stopping by!

Banners

tlXXB4o.png

Uc6bRZg.png

KgwILzz.png

SkSf2ya.png

Signatures 

s5COFWO.png

DnymG25.png

V5P6rth.png

Blends

D27CxIB.gif    Hfjld2f.png

rAhfIZP.png

Icons 

F5O94KT.png

Credits

Fune-stock@devianart | Annie Spratt | Liana Mikah | Ryan Searle | Samuel Zeller | Thomas Bormans |  Alexander Andrews | Clarisse Meyer

peggy @screencapped.org | daredevil @tba | miss atomic bomb @ tba |Rob Pegoraro @flickrkate.@tba [365daysdone@deviantart]

Edited by starbuck., 04 April 2018 - 08:54 AM.

signature by starbark | i wanted a new set anyway

Posted Image

Formerly known as Levana | critical failure+

#2 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

hi maggie, welcome back to TDA! :)

i love your signatures and icons, you've got such vibrant colouring, it's lovely :loves: :queen:

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) (M) || art&fic || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4

#3 jellybean jones

jellybean jones
  • Member Artist
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

hello maggie!

i am absolutely adoring your coloring and your use of fonts! i struggle so much with text and fonts so your grasp being so solid is phenomenal!

i can't wait to see what else you come up with! 

Posted Image

sammi | gallery
thanks kristina for the gorgeous sig!

#4 cheriechapstick

cheriechapstick
  • Graduate Artist
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi maggie!! 

I wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome (back! I wasn't here when you were but you know its a thing.)

I really want to like just comment on all the purple!! It's stunning and I struggle with using purple as a color so bad so seeing how beautifully executed it is in your gallery is such a delight. The comp on your cordelia sig is absolutely stunning and I look forward to seeing what more you produce! Honestly youre doing wonderfully already and you're going to be climbing the ranks in now time i feel.

Good luck if you ever want to chat or anything, I'm pretty much always here. <3

Jess

see you again || artist q&a

vMpy85.png

Absolute stunner by the best friend ever, Hannah (wildest dreams. @ tda )

The name is Jess, and I am ​u n a v a i l a b l e.

#5 Jadzia

Jadzia

Live Long and Prosper

• Junior Artist
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

hi maggie, welcome back to TDA! :)

i love your signatures and icons, you've got such vibrant colouring, it's lovely :loves: :queen:

Hi!! oh my gosh, thank you so much!!  :blush:   :loves:

hello maggie!

i am absolutely adoring your coloring and your use of fonts! i struggle so much with text and fonts so your grasp being so solid is phenomenal!

i can't wait to see what else you come up with! 

Hey!! Thank you so much ^_^ I'm so glad you think my text is good!! ._. I always feel like it looks crowded. 

Hi maggie!! 

I wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome (back! I wasn't here when you were but you know its a thing.)

I really want to like just comment on all the purple!! It's stunning and I struggle with using purple as a color so bad so seeing how beautifully executed it is in your gallery is such a delight. The comp on your cordelia sig is absolutely stunning and I look forward to seeing what more you produce! Honestly youre doing wonderfully already and you're going to be climbing the ranks in now time i feel.

Good luck if you ever want to chat or anything, I'm pretty much always here. <3

Jess

Thank you!! Its good to be back!   :hug:  And thanks for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments! You're so nice  :blush:

And I might definitely take you up on the offer to chat! <3 

signature by starbark | i wanted a new set anyway

Posted Image

Formerly known as Levana | critical failure+

#6 hecate.

hecate.
  • Graduate Artist
  • 439 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:123

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Hi Maggie, welcome back to TDA!

Your colouring is amazing! I absolutely adore the colour purple so your gallery appeals to me on a whole other level. Your first banner is incredible - I love the comp and the text, and the colouring is just..., it just works so, so well and I love it! Your stock use is also amazing - I cannot use stock to save my life so I love it when I see people using it so well! I also love your 'Cordelia' sig - the comp is perfect! And your icons are unreal - the colouring and the cuts are just wow!

I can't wait to see you make more amazing graphics!

hey, i'm vicki │ available, but pm first.
IXjt8KQ.png

~just say goodnight and go~

#7 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

wooooo Maggie's back! I knew I'd convince you :sean: (not that it took much convincing)

I love the use of colour in your signatures, those blues and purples are truly gorgeous <3 

Your icons are wonderful too, you should definitely make more! 

I'm really happy to see you using stock as well!!! The leaves in the Cordelia signature are so well placed and so pretty!! 

I can't wait to see what else you put in your gallery...I'll be watching  :creepy:  :hide: 

// hey i'm bex // MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first //  that's all (M)

image.png

#8 Kirjava

Kirjava

The future Mrs. Shona Eddie Redmayne (one day)

• Senior Artist
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

Gosh Maggie, it is not going to be long at all before you're promoted - I can't believe how great your graphics are! The composition and colouring are phenomenal omg. Please keep making more pretties - I don't even think I can pick one - but your sigs are drool-worthy :D <3

Shona

Shona

Into this Wild Abyss

Posted Image

Bex (Beyond the rain) loooooves me looooves loooves me!

#9 nomad

nomad

we are the reckless

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

hey maggie! as discussed, glad to see i'm not the only one still using stock 

i really love the color in this+ banner! it's so bright and vibrant and really makes the whole piece pop 

and i'm super impressed with your entry+ in the minimalist poster challenge. the composition is awesome.

i wouldn't be surprised if you get promoted super soon :)

Edited by nomad, 01 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.

CALL ME KAT

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
available for requests.

lovely tonight*

#10 hamylton.

hamylton.

TDA's Accountant

• Vault Moderator
  • 849 posts
  • Vault Points:1381

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

MAGGIE *GLOMPS*
Look at you, back and being amazing! I really love the comp on your sigantures! +This one is so simple, yet so effective, and the colouring is so good! I also love +this banner! It's so bright and fun and the text is so cool! I'm really impressed with +this poster! It looks so professional!
I'm excited to see you get better and better!
-Amy

amy. +watching it burn previously caomoyl

vBHhsb.png

| +Artist Q&A | beautiful signature by starbuck.! | +Trophy Shelf |

#11 choobacca

choobacca

:wookie noises:

• Duelling Arena Moderator
  • 3,178 posts
  • Vault Points:1,664

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

hi maggie! just popping in to congratulate you on your promotion! i love the way you use text to diversify your graphics. you have a great mix of scripty and block/sans serif fonts <3

NVi5WJQ.png

Posted Image

a l i s o n is unavailable . gallery  . formerly and peggy

#12 starbuck.

starbuck.

hotshot

• Administrator
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

maggie, your first banner is seriously awesome and your purple colouring is drop dead gorgeous, especially on your icons! ^_^ i'm also loving your assassin's creed poster :D

wonderful signature by hamylton.
plNvuA.png
kristina || The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) (M) || art&fic || hic sunt leones || artist q&a || copyright rules || UFG1 UFG2 UFG3 UFG4

#13 prongsbeak

prongsbeak

TDA's Resident Ghostbuster

• Graduate Artist
  • 3,158 posts
  • Vault Points:221

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

hey Maggie, CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMO!!! :yahoo: you know I love that first banner of yours and that Assassin's Creed poster... HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :drop: :drop: :drop: anyway, keep making more beautiful graphics and enjoy your new shade of blue! :D ^_^

previously prongsgallery | hpft | Sofia is available

WHNTJh5.png

#14 beyond the rain

beyond the rain

bad witch of 'north

• Master Artist
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

giphy.gif

hey Maggie, i'm here with some super late critique! 

Okay so you wanted some tips and tricks on new things to try with comp and text, and I'll try and talk about them in this critique. I think right now your graphics are definitely improving, but I've definitely noticed that you struggle with repetition a lot. You use a lot of blues and purples, and whilst I think you know how to rock those colours, that you should definitely try and experiment with different colours too. Your strongest pieces are this+ banner and this+ signature. The colours in both are gorgeous, the graphics are seamless and the composition in both is lovely! 

​composition: 

​The first thing I notice, is that you have the same comp going on in every ​banner in your gallery. Focal point on the left hand side, and the text is to the right of the focal point. I think what you need to do before you make a graphic is look in your gallery and stop the patterns. So instead, maybe have the focal point centre right? Maybe try putting someone at the far side of the canvas. One thing I like about your work is that you don't just slap a person on top of a base, you make them a part of it. I'd love to see more of that! You could take that further, like maybe try putting like a person's eyes or mouth in the base instead of a whole person? Like your b&w banner has the clock in front of the weasley twin (if i say the wrong one i feel like you may attack me) , and the bottom banner where Cordelia has a flower in front of her - that kind of stuff is what (in my opinion) shows real creativity!

Additionally all your signatures only have one model in them. Now you know that you can do that, you should try for a minimum of three people in your signatures. If you treat them like your banners, then you'll definitely do well with them I'm sure.

Another thing with composition, I feel like sometimes it's just missing something. In the 'time stood still' banner you could definitely have another person in there. A smaller model in front of the clock would've given your banner that little extra something. I feel like you've got the basics down, now you need to try other stuff, and try new things! 

​text 

​Okay so I like that you're trying new things with your 'girls likes girls' banner, the different colouring looks great, and I love to see you experiment. However, you seem to use scripty fonts a bit too much (says bex :P ) and it can be a little overbearing sometimes. I was a bit confused as to what you wanted the focal point of that banner to be, but if it's the text, I think you need to make sure it really pops - because right now it's just blending into the background. You could experiment with size, in that banner specifically all the words are one size. You could have some backwards or upside down too! 

​overall 

​I'm sorry that this is really short, but right now I think you've got the basics down and now you need to push yourself further than you have been doing. I know that it's good to play it safe and excel with what you know, but I want to see more masterpieces! I'm seeing a style evolving right now, and as a JA that's great, but focus less on style, and more on experimentation. Maybe get halfway through a base and just flip it, and carry on blending, just to see what happens. Do mock requests and keep making graphics because eventually something will stick. 

If I was too harsh, or if you have any questions you know where you can find me to let me know! 

Bex 

// hey i'm bex // MY TUMBLR (M) // semi available - PM first //  that's all (M)

image.png

#15 abhorsen.

abhorsen.

still flying

• LGMS Co-Ordinator
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

Hey, Maggie! I'm (finally) here with the comment you won from the Easter Scavenger Hunt - we're so sorry for the delay!

I really like your gallery! I really like your creativity when it comes to text in particular - +this and +this in particular really stood out to me for how bold they are while complimenting the graphic, and your color choice for your text overall is excellent - what you choose fits so perfectly with the rest of the graphic. Your experimentation with bw/mono also stands out, especially when you combine it with normal coloring.

My major suggestion for moving forward to try to make sure that you're experimenting a little more with your comp - you often lean toward two main people on your banners and one on your sigs, with the text always concentrated in the center. You're a good artist - you should definitely take advantage of that and experiment. ;)

Overall, you're doing a lovely job so far. :wub:

- branwen -

lgms coordinator -- dueling arena moderator -- social media manager

Posted Image

+about lgms | signature by starbuck | +submit your artwork!

+artist q&a | +gallery | +hpft author page

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users