22 replies to this topic

#1 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts
  • Software:Other

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

gabe. twenty-three. trans boy. ps usually but pixlr atm. 10+ yrs. revamping slowly.

frequent animation, flash warning.

Geso9qj.png

A3Ve3XP.png

ise8FIx.png

mqp0aoD.png

nK2Chk2.gif

GBnVrwS.png

ywDhFrL.png

C R E D I T S .

screencapped/grande-caps
shadowplay - vanessax17 (textures)
tda - azimuth (stock)
tumblr - slayground (textures)
stock xchng
evey's stock pack
eli's image packs
maeappleseed @ deviantart
Carllton @ deviantart
bmltextures @ deviantart
rosebein @ deviantart
wicked-fate @ deviantart

Edited by chernabog rising., 12 March 2018 - 11:52 AM.

gabriel/the artist formerly known as silver. semi-available.
and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

#2 Asphodelic

Asphodelic

Avi_Stole_My_Heart

• Senior Artist
  • 4,674 posts
  • Software:GIMP
  • Vault Points:185

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:22 PM

Hey Gabriel! Welcome back to TDA! :D

I find it hard to believe you're ridiculously out of practice when everything here is just absolute jaw-dropping gorgeous! :worship: If this is what you have now... I can't imagine how your graphics will look when you feel back on track. :wub:

I'm so in love with your blending and coloring! <33 Just so dang flawless! :loves: :loves: :loves: My favorites are your icons, your current sig, your animated blends, especially Hannibal! 

Definitely expect to see me again! :D

- Asphodel

Edited by Asphodelic, 21 February 2015 - 11:23 PM.

|| Alishya || +Gallery+Designer Gallery || TDA's Resident of Eppes Brothers Fanatic || Available (Please PM beforehand) ||

vWC6Tc.gif

#3 klutzy_kara

klutzy_kara

Zayn's #1 Bae

• Master Artist
  • 5,681 posts
  • Software:Photoshop

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

Hiiiii <3

Welcome back to TDA Gabriel! Your graphics are looking so lovely.  +these banners are so nice. The coloring is so nice and soft and your text here is really unique! I like the placement of it and the compositions in general! You have a very unique eye and it makes for some extra creative and appealing pieces. I like +this and +this especially. They are so soft and the compositions are just so eye-catching! I seriously respect your creativity so much. You are crazy good. Everything in here is really awesome. You color so well and think up really great ideas. Your animation is also so well done! Major props! Keep up the great work! 

Can't wait to see more from you!

<3 

Edited by klutzy_kara, 22 February 2015 - 12:34 AM.

i'm kara and i'm klutzy, obviously

Posted Image  

gallery |  available for requests | artist q&a

#4 daredevil

daredevil

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

• Veteran Artist
  • 3,454 posts
  • Software:GIMP

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:54 AM

*runs in to steal third*

eep I think I vaguely remember seeing you on here ages ago! Welcome back! <3

your graphics are beautiful- I especially love your banners and blends :wub: and your animation is quite flawlessssss :O

can't wait to see more from you, I'm glad you're back! :D

love,

vee

(ノ◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧

vee & gallery & beautiful set by doctor ziegler

5tlzvyL.png

★ texture pack texture pack v.2 digital painting tutorial & prev: legolas.

#5 sail boat

sail boat

florence is bae

• 1,859 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

eee Ill be back <333

WHOA I DIDN'T EVEN EDIT THIS

I ADORE YOUR GRAPHICS

your coloring is so amazing even though you say it's lazy :O

I think my favorite things are your sigs and your gallery header although your icons are completely wonderful  :cry: 

seriously I'm in awe of your amazing comp and creativity!!

I'm so glad you came back!

PS YOUR ANIMATION SLAYS  :creepy: 

Edited by sail boat, 22 March 2015 - 04:49 PM.

MEGGIE

Posted Image

e. rinaldi + r. everard-xin on pw // thank you to my bae vee for this amazing set

#6 a.leksy

a.leksy

pew pew

• Veteran Artist
  • 864 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

NICE TO MEET YOU 

WHERE YOU BEEN

i could show you incredible things

(more of you're showing me the incredible things HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR GALLERY WOAH GODDMAN)

ANYWAY

HELLO THERE GABRIEL IM ATHIRAH AND I AM KINDA OBSESSED WITH YOUR GALLERY??

maybe. just a teeny bit. 

yeah who am i kidding

YOUR GRAPHICS ARE INSANE! i love how you make use of sharpen/blur to your advantage and develop it into part of your style

AND YOUR ANIMATION!!! i love love love the last two pieces in your gallery i really want to paste it around the world so that everyone can see the genius that is you

i am speechless over how amazing everything is

i am in love with everything LET ME LOVE YOU AND YOUR BRILLIANT BRAIN

MAGIC, MADNESS, HEAVEN, SIN

SAW YOU THERE AND I THOUGHT

OH MY GOD

A T H I R A H  ?

GALLERY under revamp 

f7NrbK7.png

#7 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

thanks so much everyone~

2/26/15:

- new blend added

and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

#8 kate.

kate.

boop

• Senior Artist
  • 786 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hello, Gabriel. I'm Kate :) and I'm here because I saw this masterpiece in the PYLC thread and had to come to your gallery to tell you I think it's amazing in every way. Especially the text and composition. I also love yellow so you had me there too.

I don't want to be repetitive in my own post so instead of listing off the majority of your gallery I'm just going to tell you it's all stunning. All of it. You have an incredibly refreshing style.

- kate

formerly 365daysdone & 365kate. 

gallery

#9 eons.

eons.

SECRET TUNNEL

• 656 posts
  • Software:Elements

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

Gabe what the heck man this stuff is jaw-dropping. I'd link something but then I'd spend hours deciding what to choose. The dreamy way you place stuff on top of your people and the text my god your text man especially on your dream/scheme sigs

giphy.gif

JAWDROPPING.

I love your animation-- like, how exactly? Everything in here is awesome, camp-worthy. I'm really glad you're back, because if you weren't then I'd probably never find another person who clearly loves the Dark Knight trilogy as much as I do because

1sc0sfF.jpg

(don't tell anyone ;))

Honestly though, I hope you don't disappear again because i'M NOT SURE I CAN HANDLE THAT KIND OF ABUSE MAN.

-Meena <3333

also thx for the earlier gallery comment :pirate:

Edited by eons., 02 March 2015 - 12:19 AM.

meena, pm first

Posted Image

Gallery.

#10 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

thanks both of you! + new icon sets/signature added

and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

#11 amoretti

amoretti

as long as you love me;

• Master Artist
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

hi gabe!  :happy: i've been meaning to post in here

so you posting in pay it to the gallery thread 

was perfect. two birds, one stone etc etc.

i've always been an absolutely massive

fan of your work. your style is so unique

and creative. i wish i could make graphics

like you or have even 1% of your talent.

your animation is sooooo unique. i especially

love the bottom animated graphic with the

orb. i also remember your animation from

AGES ago and that was insane too. love the

old fashioned tv style animation aswell!

your colouring is just fabulous.

honestly every single time you make

a graphic i have a fangirl squee. they're

always so different, i never know what to

exepect. i'm such a fangirl.

i hope you stick around for a while this time  :happy:

xo jordan

2dihgly.png 

jordan | semi-available - pm first please | previously .kapowi 

| new gallery | hpff | artist q & a | 

#12 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

thanks!

updated
- new animated sig
- new banners
- new icon set

and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

#13 wildest dreams.

wildest dreams.

that james dean meme dream

• Master Artist
  • 4,170 posts
  • Vault Points:293

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

hi there!  :hiwave: 

your gallery is currently one of my favourites, and I've spent quite a bit of time lurking your pretty graphics. i love your sigs so so much, and I think you have a really gorgeous style. your sigs and icons are so magical, and you're so good at comp on those sizes, especially your texture use is just amazing. your colouring skills are so good as well, i think i'd really like to see your banners develop more now, just to make everything perfect, i don't think they're quite as striking as your other graphics although i do think they're lovely, especially that first one! 

my favourite thing in your gallery right now is this+ and i really hope you make more animated sigs because you do them so beautifully  :loves: 

I can't wait to see more from you and lurk all your future pretties <3

#14 PhoenixFire

PhoenixFire
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

hey i've come from the pay it to the gallery thread.

you definitely have a well defined style going on here, and some of it is working so well.

lemme go section by section.

the first & second set of icons are sublime, and the colouring is just ridiculously on point. creative cuts and compositions, it all works so well.

the third set, i really liked but there were a few where the light texture was either too strong, like in 1, 3 & 4. In 1 in particular, it doesn't blend out nicely, and looks a bit out of place. in 4, i can't tell if that's text in the right hand corner, and it's a little distracting.

+this and +these are my favourite signatures. the text is incredible, the use of exclusion in the first one is so on point its unreal. the composition of the first one i linked in particular - wow! i also liked the newest/topmost one, but because of all the text being in many different places/different angles, i found it hard to focus and find a focal point. i found +this one over saturated, and wasn't sure the text colour worked with the rest of it. also i'm not sure what those white flecks on his face are? :/

i loved +this blend best - it's simple, but it's also got a ton of things going on. the monochrome works with it, not just for the sake of it, and it just comes together beautifully. every time i look at it, i find new things i love. i'm probably the only one not that keen on +this so you can almost certainly ignore me about it, but i'll tell you why anyone. simply, i'm not sure i really 'get' it. what emotion or feeling or thing is this blend trying to convey? it's got no real mood. the animation felt unnecessary, the text in the animation moved to quickly and i had to watch a few times to catch on to what it said. way, waaay too quick. i felt like, if you really wanted it to be animated, it would work better with just white noise, and maybe the uh, what are they called, the network being out screen thing haha. and then there's the angel statue, and then there's the hand, which i didn't even see until right now. and then the second bit of text that i can't really read - wae children? it's just a sensory overload and i didn't enjoy it. i would take out the angel and the hand for sure, and maybe deepen the red of the clock to help it blend more easily and not distract. but that's just me, everyone else seems to like it haha.

i don't really see a weak point in your banners, they are all amazing. the first, second and last are my absolute favourites. strong colour, great text that works so well, the compositions are great. so creative man.

i loved the animated banners, and +this really stood out as creative among your animated banners.

such amazing stuff in here, will be back for sure <3

Edited by PhoenixFire, 11 April 2015 - 03:20 PM.

< my name is lulu > < hunters and kings. >

Posted Image

gorgeous set by the ever amazing Mintleaf

#15 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

thank you for your comments. slowly revamping updated a bit

and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

#16 Kirjava

Kirjava

The future Mrs. Shona Eddie Redmayne (one day)

• Senior Artist
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Heeey Gabriel!

I've been meaning to post here for forever but somehow life doesn't let me be online as much as I'd like (like just about everyone else, eh? haha).

Anyway, can I just say I admire your blending skills so much. Everything is seriously so gorgeous, and the way you can use colours and make them work is inspiring. I was going to squee your icons to you, but then your signatures.. *_* and the BLENDS *_* And hey why stop at the awesome with ALL THAT ANIMATION. So basically, I can't squee anything, cos it's all so amazing so I can't decide on just one thing.

Sheer beautiful work <3

Shona x

Shona

Into this Wild Abyss

Posted Image

Bex (Beyond the rain) loooooves me looooves loooves me!

#17 snicket!

snicket!

i like superheroes and cheques with lots of zeroes on them

• Staff Moderator
  • 2,340 posts
  • Vault Points:787

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

Hi Gabe! I'm sorry for getting here so late :c buuuut I'm here now with your critique~ Usually I do these by technical skill, but because you wrote your weaknesses as icons, banners, and being super hella weird, I'll start there (But i don't think I can help with being weird? Embrace it.)

banners
I looove your graphics (I especially like that they've been getting steadily brighter :'D ) but when it comes to your banners, I think they seem somewhat simpler to your other graphics like blends and sigs. If you look at the composition throughout, the first set of banners- the rainbow ones- all have very similar composition, because you have a tendency to push all of the elements together and leave a lot of negative space. It makes +this stand out just because you've pushed the composition to one side rather than have it somewhere in the middle. I know banners are kinda tricky in terms of composition just because they're super narrow and you don't want to weight them too heavily (does that even make sense?) but I think it's time to experiment!!11! You have a lot of negative space (like +here), so you can definitely experiment with using up all of your canvas, and especially see what happens when you spread your images out a little. I think your banners are most interesting when you use a lot more textures like in +this - it's more to look at and notice. I'd also say (I think this is more related to your colouring but) watch out for making images seem LQ when you colour too heavily, like +this (poison and wine) where the girl in the background is great in terms of quality, SebStan seems a little LQ (you have a similar issue in the banner above that, the 'Wild' one, where it makes his skin kinda mottled). I know it's kinda nitpicky but because you have all of the technical stuff down, it's a case of looking for the little things that are holding your graphics back. I'd also recommend a bit of a clean-out just because you have a lot of banners with similar composition, so you'll want to just show your best and link the rest (your purple haze banner is gr9 in terms of composition btw, so I'd definitely keep that!). Overall, I'd say your issues lie in similar composition and overuse of negative space- so those are the things you'll need to look out for.

icons
i don't even know if i'm qualified to talk about icons
I really don't know why you consider this a weakness?? Your icons are great, especially your older sets like +this and +this - they've got a good range of colours and the crops in the second set are fantastic tbh. Of your two newest sets, I prefer +this just because the icons themselves are more interesting and bright, though I'd say watch out a little for losing contrast (which I think is because you used a lot of light blobs?) - obviously, upping the blacks ever so slightly on selective colour, or a black-white gradient map on luminosity will help out with contrast issues. +This is your weakest icon set; the crops don't really compare to the set underneath and there's less contrast throughout the set which makes them look a little flat. But I think when you use your more natural colouring, the icons really shine. I have no critique for your album challenge set because making text work on a set like that is gr9. 8D Overall, for your icons, watch out for contrast, mostly. And experiment with crops because why not :P

over-sharpening
I know you sharpen ahaha but I think sometimes your sharpening goes a little too close to making things pixelly? Like +here, if you look at her face, you'll see that it's particularly pixellated. I don't know if it's genuinely just your filtering or if it's because you use textures over faces sometimes, but it's leading to making your peoples' skins look pretty grainy D: You have some great sharpening +here and +here where it's still sharp, but not grainy (or maybe that's just because it's Aaron Tveit who knows). Generally, my advice here is to merge visible or duplicate your person-layer (lol, technical term that) and use a small bit of blurring on the skin and then lower the opacity so that the skin is still natural-looking and not plastic ahaha. I think, overall, it's somewhat prevalent in your gallery but it's also something you can look out for pretty easily. ^.^

overall
(As a note, I didn't crit your animated pieces because I can't do animation, which kinda ruins the point of me critiqueing it and my laptop makes animation go slow anyway, so please don't think I ignored half your gallery. :') ). But tbh I loove your style overall and you've definitely got a brilliant grasp on everything you need, but it's time to get out of your comfort zone bud. You work a lot with textures and negative space, so by rights, I'd love to see you mess around with stock (although you use them as textures pretty often, which is great) and filling up your space. Your blends are great and they're definitely your strong suit; when you critiqued me recently, you pointed out that my sig were weaker and so I attempted to make them in the same style as my banners (i.e. same approach in composition to colouring) - and I think it's time to turn the tables and you can try that too for your banners. :P Your weaknesses are def repeating composition in your banners and oversharpening, but overall, I reaally like your gallery and I'm excite to see what else you can do!

Gosh I hope that all made sense. If you've got any questions or whatever, just shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can to help c:

Edited by clarity., 20 May 2015 - 10:16 AM.

J A D E !
kickstart my rock n' roll fantasy / previously page thirteen.
sigcolour.png
available via pm / crooked kind / q&a

#18 roy batty.

roy batty.

you're not sentimental.

• Veteran Artist
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

shona - thanks!

jade - thank you! you were super quick on this wow. i'm not sure how well i can make my banners like everything else, i tried that and they sucked which is why i make them completely differently, but i'll give it a shot! and haha yeah that's actually filtering more than sharpening, i use neon edges as a finisher a lot, i'll just work on being less heavy handed with it~

and you are not a wolf.

Geso9qj.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users